PDA

View Full Version : Recolour Movie toy for Sequel toyline? (spoilers)

griffin
28th November 2008, 02:57 PM
Those who followed the first movie, and the original cast line-up that included Arcee and Wreckage, we could end up having both of those characters in the second movie. A loose recolour of the Wreckage toy has been seen online, in military colours, as it was originally meant to be.
Even if it isn't actually going to be in the movie, or ties into some of the bridging stories, is Hasbro going to be padding out the new movie line with recolours from the start, instead of waiting for later assortments?

http://www.tf08.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=139&sid=56a2715d7d9ba9c9da26a88945854563

Or go here:
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-9/movie-wreckage-toy-repaint-planned-for-rotf-166282/

G1Optimal
28th November 2008, 08:19 PM
Personal Opinion On the Possibility...
Likely

And i don't think it would surprise me much, that it ends up in some kind of Movie Universe Like " if not in the Universe " Line if this turns out to be true.

TheDirtyDigger
28th November 2008, 08:20 PM
Yeah Movie2 would have to have a heap of recolours wouldn't it?

Kyle
28th November 2008, 08:26 PM
I thought there was a rumour of 3 bikes combining into Arcee for TF2? (Or was it a false piece of information designed for fans? :p)

Rampage
28th November 2008, 09:35 PM
another Movie Swindle repaint:p

can't wait

Pulse
29th November 2008, 12:14 AM
You reckon Bumblebee will be the same 08 Camaro with a kit & rims slapped on it... :rolleyes:

jaydisc
29th November 2008, 10:15 AM
You reckon Bumblebee will be the same 08 Camaro with a kit & rims slapped on it... :rolleyes:

Yes (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/first-pics-of-revenge-of-the-fallen-deluxe-bumblebee/14586/)

Kyle
29th November 2008, 10:55 AM
I'll still get him... just because I collect OP & BB... :o

FFN
29th November 2008, 11:48 AM
Ouch. TF08 used Seibertron's photo and edited out Ryan's watermark with their own. That's not cool.

Pulse
29th November 2008, 02:05 PM
I can't see myself buying that ROTF Bumblebee...

Ouch. TF08 used Seibertron's photo and edited out Ryan's watermark with their own. That's not cool.

If they'd only asked first... :rolleyes:

jaydisc
29th November 2008, 03:17 PM

Not only that but they've been telling off all the board for posting THEIR pics!

FFN
29th November 2008, 03:24 PM
You're kidding me. Geez.

Firecracker
29th November 2008, 04:07 PM
That Wreckage repaint needs to be named Stryker. Do it Hasbro, dammit.

I could see it being called Roadbuster though, what with Animated Ultra Magnus' repaint getting that title recently. You know 'Trademark security' and all that.

...is Hasbro going to be padding out the new movie line with recolours from the start, instead of waiting for later assortments?

There are several Movie figures that didn't get a repaint, Wreckage included. I think we'll certainly see those repainted as early filler for RotF line, with repaints of the newer molds toward the end.

Kyle
29th November 2008, 04:52 PM
I wonder how the parents will feel, when they think about buying TF2 toys for their kids, and realise they are so similar to the TF1 toys... :rolleyes:

jaydisc
29th November 2008, 05:11 PM
I wonder how the parents will feel, when they think about buying TF2 toys for their kids, and realise they are so similar to the TF1 toys... :rolleyes:

I doubt they'll know the difference (or similarities)

FFN
29th November 2008, 05:40 PM
I wonder how the parents will feel, when they think about buying TF2 toys for their kids, and realise they are so similar to the TF1 toys... :rolleyes: Roberto Orci said that Hasbro argued against making minor changes to the designs of the returning Movie characters so that parents wouldn't have to buy toys that are only slightly different to what their children already own.

Pulse
29th November 2008, 06:51 PM
Roberto Orci said that Hasbro argued against making minor changes to the designs of the returning Movie characters so that parents wouldn't have to buy toys that are only slightly different to what their children already own.

More of the mis-information campaign? :D

Lord_Zed
29th November 2008, 07:40 PM

I guess if the kids are smart they'd probably know the diference. personaly I'm not fussed about this slightly modded Bumblebee. I'd rather buy all new TF characters than the same one over and over again! I have more than enough Prime's thank you Hasbro.

I might make an exception for that Wreckage repaint though.

SilverDragon
30th November 2008, 09:07 PM
If they're going to be releasing most of the original movie toys with only slight changes, then that's good for people who didn't pick them up in the first place. I found myself wanting Ironhide the other day, so I may possibly pick up the inevitable re-release when it shows up.

i_amtrunks
1st December 2008, 11:00 AM
If they're going to be releasing most of the original movie toys with only slight changes, then that's good for people who didn't pick them up in the first place. I found myself wanting Ironhide the other day, so I may possibly pick up the inevitable re-release when it shows up.

Very true.

it also means that the if you collected the first movie line, you'll have more spare dosh for buying the new character toys.

Also gives parents the chance to buy their kids any toys that may have been broken or lost in the last 18 months-2 years.

Not only that but they've been telling off all the board for posting THEIR pics!

Yeah that hasn't gone down really well at all. He is now claiming that he hasn't stolen pics either. Seems that he has banned all the boards from taking pics, Allspark and TFW are having similar issues.

Pulse
1st December 2008, 11:09 AM
Yeah that hasn't gone down really well at all. He is now claiming that he hasn't stolen pics either. Seems that he has banned all the boards from taking pics, Allspark and TFW are having similar issues.

If this is some feeble way for TF08 to get a bunch of new members... :rolleyes:

i_amtrunks
1st December 2008, 11:44 AM
If this is some feeble way for TF08 to get a bunch of new members... :rolleyes:

Perhaps. But to get to be a member with proper full access to the site you need over 100 posts, and to have purchased a figure from him.

:eek:

Kyle
1st December 2008, 09:10 PM
I have this theory about the TF2 BB figure...

Maybe BB will have TWO forms in the new movie, just like how there were 74 and 08 versions in the first movie. And this slight re-mould will serve as a sneak preview kind of figure - the role similar to those TF1 protoform figures or the 74 BB.

I hope.

Tetsuwan Convoy
2nd December 2008, 01:13 AM
Yeh I hope so too, as by then, the concept car would be old wouldn't it? But it would seem odd for them to change for each movie though surely. Is there a new mould for Prime?

Kyle
2nd December 2008, 03:05 AM
There were talks of Prime being a new mould. No idea if it'll be a completely new mould, or only a "partly" new mould... :p

i_amtrunks
2nd December 2008, 09:46 AM
There were talks of Prime being a new mould. No idea if it'll be a completely new mould, or only a "partly" new mould... :p

I believe that he will at least have to be extensively retooled if those rumours about (SPOILERS) him combining with another figure are true.

But I dont think any of us will be at all surprised to see all the returning character get an alt mode change of sorts, can't shake the feeling that Ratchet at least will be either re-formatted or change colour.

Pulse
2nd December 2008, 10:47 AM
No need to white-out spoilers Trunks :) (people know this section is full of them :D) but if we do get a powerlinxing movie-style OP/Jetfire, can you imagine how ugly it will be? :D

i_amtrunks
2nd December 2008, 11:25 AM
No need to white-out spoilers Trunks :) (people know this section is full of them :D) but if we do get a powerlinxing movie-style OP/Jetfire, can you imagine how ugly it will be? :D

Better safe than sorry.

As for the ugliness, it cannot be much uglier than anything we saw in the first movie now can it? I'm fully expecting a Cybertron style Wing Sabre merged bot. More or less Optimus with a Glider attachment and maybe some knee pads or shin guards or something.

Kyle
2nd December 2008, 05:32 PM
Better safe than sorry.

As for the ugliness, it cannot be much uglier than anything we saw in the first movie now can it? I'm fully expecting a Cybertron style Wing Sabre merged bot. More or less Optimus with a Glider attachment and maybe some knee pads or shin guards or something.

Maybe it'll have no arms but five legs. :)

FFN
2nd December 2008, 05:50 PM
Yeh I hope so too, as by then, the concept car would be old wouldn't it? But it would seem odd for them to change for each movie though surely. Is there a new mould for Prime? Well, no, assuming General Motors doesn't go out of business, the Camaro would be in production and possibly on car dealer lots by the time the movie is out in the US. The production model looks more or less like the 2006 concept, except it has window frames and the vents in the front of the rear wheels are now merely indentations.

Bumblebee is apparently a Camaro Z28 in Revenge, which is basically a higher trim level and a better engine.

SilverDragon
2nd December 2008, 06:05 PM
Maybe it'll have no arms but five legs. :)

Or normal arms and legs, but five eyes and three heads.

Or a gun for an arm.

Tallestblue
3rd December 2008, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE=SilverDragon;66821]Or normal arms and legs, but five eyes and three heads.

Or a gun for an arm.[/QUOTE

Wait...there are people who don't like The Movie designs? what? Madness.

I for one would love a Movie Jetfire/Optimus Combo.

but then I'm a little strange.