PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro TF Q&A Archive.

griffin
30th November 2008, 08:19 PM
Been working on an archive site for the Hasbro TF Q&A recently, trying to get it done before the December round of submissions by all the fan forums. Unfortunately it took longer than I expected to get onto doing this, with all the other stuff I've had on lately. The site is pretty basic, but still took a bit of time juggling the content around on the different pages. I still want to create a searchable archive site from it (which I originally planned), but for now, this covers the first round of questions:
http://www.otca.com.au/hasbrotfqs.html
...and it is still a work in progress.
But have a look and see if there is anything too confusing or wrong with it.

Not sure why Hasbro AUS haven't replied to the November submissions yet, and they didn't reply to my query about it either. Hopefully my emails aren't being blocked by some spam filter....
I have to submit the December questions tomorrow though, and will be going through the Qs you guys posted shortly - so that I can have the list posted up here by the end of tonight before I email them off to Hasbro tomorrow.

Golden Phoenix
30th November 2008, 08:31 PM
Awesome set up you have there. I like how there are heaps of options so you can find what you want to see.
Shame they haven't replied to the second round of our questions though

jaydisc
30th November 2008, 08:45 PM
It's a fairly impressive amalgamation, but it looks like it's a totally manual process. Have you considered a database?

griffin
30th November 2008, 09:35 PM
I was looking for some other options, but wanted to have something done in a hurry for the December deadline, so just went with the more familiar format I didn't need to learn from scratch. It took a while to put together, but I wasted time looking for other options, and didn't have time to try something new. That I can do later.
You have any suggestions?

dirge
30th November 2008, 09:38 PM
I have one. Get jay to design the database. He likes doing that sort of stuff (:

jaydisc
30th November 2008, 10:03 PM
Well, time is always the biggest commodity, but I am a fan of rolling my own and my frameworks are pretty rich, so let me play along for a minute...

You'd have to individually store each question and answer, along with the date supplied and to which forum. Yes?

You'd want to be able to search or present by any of those criteria. What other criteria would you want to search/present by? Maybe by line (Universe, Animated, etc.)? Anything else?

griffin
30th November 2008, 10:43 PM
That was kinda what I was thinking too - enter in each Q&A, and designate to each their month, forum, and topic/theme, which would be expanded a little more than the topics listed already (I covered the major topics, but as I sorted the Qs, I felt it could be sorted further, especially in the Toys page which is the largest page).