PDA

View Full Version : Alternity Megatron proto-photos!

kurdt_the_goat
1st December 2008, 07:18 PM
http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/41zbCYenzXL._SS400_.jpg
http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/41lCnTgqGIL._SS400_.jpg

Thanks to Amazon Japan :)

On first glance, he's missing his fusion cannon? But the artwork had it so i'm theorizing that his swords join together to form it... I'm glad it's more of a departure from Alternity Prime than i was expecting!

Lord_Zed
1st December 2008, 07:37 PM
Man that would make an awesome Bludgeon repaint.

Pulse
1st December 2008, 07:53 PM
It's a real stretch seeing the buckethead of Megs in that particular car mould...

Zippo
1st December 2008, 07:54 PM
Looking good. The price and size isn't though

jacksplatt11
1st December 2008, 08:11 PM
Looks pretty good, the chest and shoulders area look a bit funny, like his shoulders are too far back, I think it would look better if his arms came out from where the wheels are and the wheels were behind the shoulders or on the forearm, like BT/ALTs..

But apart from that looks pretty sweet and will definitely be picking it up sometime down the line

Wheel-J
1st December 2008, 08:33 PM
Based on those protopics - with the sword and skirt - he looks like a samurai warrior. :)

heroic_decepticon
1st December 2008, 08:36 PM
he'd have to look pretty amazing in final colours to be even a consideration...

Tober
1st December 2008, 08:43 PM
I really hope the engine blocks stuck onto their heads are as easily removed as his fusion cannon appears to be. Pity it's such a dull looking car, hopefully it will look better painted up in enamels.

gamblor916
1st December 2008, 09:03 PM
Car looks a bit strange but the robot mode... he has swords! :D

kup
1st December 2008, 09:41 PM
Man that would make an awesome Bludgeon repaint.

I second that!

Sky Shadow
1st December 2008, 09:51 PM
It's a real stretch seeing the buckethead of Megs in that particular car mould...

How about this one?

http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~sstoneb/tf/books/kidstuff/rally/rally-25.jpg

GoktimusPrime
1st December 2008, 11:22 PM
Or the fact that Megatron was a car (Porsche) in Generation 2. At least this time he has a more traditional looking Megatron style head.

As for the weapons - I can understand them not having a BFG fusion cannon - cos where there hell are you gonna put it in car mode? Look at Animated Megatron... the fusion cannon just sits on the undercarriage of the chopper mode. Now it might work for a fantasy assault coptor, but not for a realistic sports car.

Furthermore, G1 Goodbye Megatron had a sword (as do all G1 Megatron reissues) - so it makes sense for the Japanese market. The dual sword thing is also a kinda cool nod to Animated, but that might be a purely unintentional coincidence.

Pulse
1st December 2008, 11:57 PM
How about this one?

I've actually got that book from my childhood & at that age, I can recall wondering why the cartoon Megs looked so different to the Megs in my book... :o

STL
2nd December 2008, 12:29 AM
Or the fact that Megatron was a car (Porsche) in Generation 2. At least this time he has a more traditional looking Megatron style head.

Universe 2.0 G2 Megatron! Yay! :D