PDA

View Full Version : Ahoy hoy!

Doubledealer
2nd December 2008, 01:30 PM
Bonjour fellow Transformer fans!

I've finally taken the plunge and joined the forums after having lurked for so long. Like so many here my love for transformers began when I was knee high to a crab stick and the movie was hired out every second weekend along with the Goonies. :D

My brother and I had a number of the toys with some of my favourites including the dinobot, Sludge and Fire Truck, Inferno. I still remember the day in Canberra when I walked into Toy World and spotted Inferno - I had to have him (and thankfully mum and dad obliged :P)! Sadly, we off'ed all the Transformer toys in a garage sale when I was a bit older.

There was a long period of time where I didn't show much interest in Transformers, right up until I saw a Takara Re-issue of Sideswipe at a local (at the time, I live in Brisbane now) comic shop. All the memories came flooding back and once again I was hooked. I haven't looked back since and now have a collection of around 120-130 which I'm adding to as often as I can. :)

I'm loving everything Transformers Animated at the moment, and am eagerly anticipating the 3rd series. I can relate to Ratchet being the slightly grumpy, worse for wear, one servo in the scrapheap bot so he's my favourite character!

Eruntalon
2nd December 2008, 01:45 PM
As a fellow member who has only recently joined these boards (within the past three months) and as a transformer enthusiast who has also decided to get back into collecting after years of other hobbies and interests, let me welcome you and send a friendly hello in your general direction ====>>>

Robzy
2nd December 2008, 01:59 PM
Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong! :)

1orion2many
2nd December 2008, 02:36 PM
:)Welcome to the board:).

iceburn
2nd December 2008, 02:40 PM
Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong! :)

infinity and BEYOND!!!!!!...welcome

Pulse
2nd December 2008, 02:41 PM
Hey Mate! :) I take it you're a Masterforce fan?

loophole
2nd December 2008, 02:43 PM
Welcome Aboard!!

Doubledealer
2nd December 2008, 03:28 PM
Hey Mate! :) I take it you're a Masterforce fan?
Potentially, I could well be. :p I'm still less than half way through my G1 box set so it'll be a while before I make it to Masterforce! Looking forward to seeing Doubleclouder though - Doubledealer's toy is pure magic. :)

Trailer Park Ninja
2nd December 2008, 03:38 PM
Welcome to the forums and once again another familiar story that mirrors my own. :)

blackie
2nd December 2008, 03:43 PM
Welcome to the board, beware you will buy more tf's while on here than if you didnt join :P

GoktimusPrime
2nd December 2008, 03:46 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/wb1.jpg

Pulse: Doubledealer doesn't exist in Masterforce, only Double Clouder. They are separate toys and entirely different characters (not to mention that being a Godmaster is an entirely different concept from being a Powermaster).

Pulse
2nd December 2008, 03:53 PM
Pulse: Doubledealer doesn't exist in Masterforce, only Double Clouder. They are separate toys and entirely different characters (not to mention that being a Godmaster is an entirely different concept from being a Powermaster).

IMO, they're essentially the same toy (except for slightly different paint). I only watched the Masterforce cartoon - I don't read comics.

Doubledealer
2nd December 2008, 04:04 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/wb1.jpg

As far as I'm aware Doubledealer only appears in cartoon form in a toy commerical with Powermaster Prime.

If they used Doubleclouder's toy colours instead of Doubledealer's in Masterforce it would probably be a tad less confusing! :eek:

GoktimusPrime
2nd December 2008, 04:28 PM
IMO, they're essentially the same toy (except for slightly different paint). I only watched the Masterforce cartoon - I don't read comics.
Do no dilute facts with personal opinions/preferences, especially when your opinions are factually incorrect.

The fact is that they are different toys (colour and chrome differences), and they are entirely different characters (as portrayed in the tech specs, cartoons and comics - just because you ignore them doesn't mean they don't exist). And again, Powermasters and Godmasters are entirely different concepts... Powermasters are binary bonded to Nebulans from the planet Nebulos, whose engine modes power them up and help them to survive after their energy systems were infected by poisoned fuel on Nebulos. Godmasters are a symbiosis between Cybertronians and humans who have been evolved into a new life form. The human components allow the Transtectors to harness Choukon ('Super Spirit') energies.
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/b/b6/Doubledealer_boxart.jpg/300px-Doubledealer_boxart.jpghttp://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/2/22/G1_-_Doubleclouder_-_Boxart.jpg/300px-G1_-_Doubleclouder_-_Boxart.jpg

As far as I'm aware Doubledealer only appears in cartoon form in a toy commerical with Powermaster Prime.
He appeared extremely briefly in the G1 comics and has recently made a fairly prominent appearance in the IDW comics. In G1 his Autobot form was called "Double" and his Decepticon mode was called "Dealer." In the IDW comics his name is "Dealer" but his nickname from Banzai-Tron is "Doubledealer."

Doubledealer's appearance in G1
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/b/b8/Doubledealerofthecentury.jpg

Doubledealer's appearance in IDW
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/8/89/SpotlightHotRod_DoubleDealer.jpg

jacksplatt11
2nd December 2008, 04:39 PM
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x4/jacksplatt11/Alloallotitle.jpg

Tiby
2nd December 2008, 07:56 PM
Welcome aboard!

GoktimusPrime
2nd December 2008, 08:07 PM
He did appear very briefly in G1. His Autobot form was called "Double" and his Decepticon form was called "Dealer." He appeared recently in IDW where his name was Dealer, but Banzai-Tron nicknamed him "Doubledealer" when he learned of his trecherous nature.
http://www.oneshallstand.com/images/promos/promo_doubledealer.jpg "For the Magnificence!"

jaydisc
2nd December 2008, 08:29 PM
Welcome Doubledealer! Glad to see a new Brisbanite. The Sunshine Coast is my 2nd home so I'm up there quite a bit.

TheDirtyDigger
2nd December 2008, 08:49 PM
Welcome and good to see you've started an intense debate already! :)

Golden Phoenix
2nd December 2008, 08:50 PM
Welcome to our humble board, beware we have short attention spans...

k.wong23
2nd December 2008, 08:51 PM
Welcome buddy :)

blackie
2nd December 2008, 09:05 PM
Welcome and good to see you've started an intense debate already! :)

seems to happen to all welcome threads... eventually

liegeprime
2nd December 2008, 09:56 PM
Mabuhay and welcome to OZformers! We'd love to have a peek at your collection. Do post some pics when you can at the Grapple's section so PAulbot can add it to our collector collection thread. :D:D

Doubledealer
2nd December 2008, 10:25 PM
Mabuhay and welcome to OZformers! We'd love to have a peek at your collection. Do post some pics when you can at the Grapple's section so PAulbot can add it to our collector collection thread. :D:D

Will do! Hopefully tomorrow night I'll have time to take some pics and put them up on the forums. :)

See below for a small sample (can you guess what my Transformer holy grail is??).

Thanks to all for a warm welcome. I propose a toast: To Transformers, forever may they crowd our bookshelves and drain our bank accounts of their funds. *raises plastic cup* (can't afford glass one from buying too many TF'ers) :p

Eruntalon
2nd December 2008, 11:33 PM
We'd love to have a peek at your collection. Do post some pics when you can at the Grapple's section so PAulbot can add it to our collector collection thread. :D:D
That reminds me, I haven't posted any shots of my humble collection yet...

Pulse
2nd December 2008, 11:52 PM
That reminds me, I haven't posted any shots of my humble collection yet...

Same here... :o

But I'm waiting for all my G1's, Beasties & Classics to arrive before I take fresh pics... (sometime in December - I promise :))

STL
2nd December 2008, 11:54 PM
Hey there! Welcome to your new virtual home. We'll never let you leave. :D

And now that you've mentioned it, I'm still missing a Doubledealer too. I was close to closing a deal a few months back but backed out of it. Argh! Look what you've done :o :mad: :p

Welcome Doubledealer! Glad to see a new Brisbanite. The Sunshine Coast is my 2nd home so I'm up there quite a bit.

Not really, he just gets lost pretty often cos his GPS plays up a bit.

Stompy
3rd December 2008, 09:47 AM
WELCOME Doubledealer!

You smell familiar... like an orange crustacean...

Especially after the pic of the trainformers. ;)

Doubledealer
3rd December 2008, 12:09 PM
WELCOME Doubledealer!

You smell familiar... like an orange crustacean...

Especially after the pic of the trainformers. ;)

Oranges...Crustaceans? Who is this madman?? *calls for security* ;)

Sam
3rd December 2008, 09:19 PM
Welcome to the forums Doubledealer, enjoy your stay. :)