PDA

View Full Version : TFAn Review Ep1-3 (spoilers)

griffin
24th January 2008, 04:16 AM
Post here your thoughts on the 'movie' episode of Transformers Animated (episodes 1-3). If this screens in Australia any time soon, we will re-look at this topic.

*** SPOILERS ***

Episode Synopsis apparently from Cartoon Network website:

Episodes 1, 2 & 3: Transform & Roll Out!
Optimus Prime & his small crew of Autobots come into possession of the AllSpark, a powerful Cybertronian artifact that actracts the attention of their long-forgotten enemies the Decepticons and sends them crashing to a strange & distant planet known as Earth.

Soundwarp
24th January 2008, 08:13 AM
OK your going to hear this from TF animated biggest hater:

Thanks to Griff i manages to get a look at TF Animated during the week, before i saw this i originally HATED it. Then i decided it was going to be good for TF's and good for my wallet (Not buying something i hated).

I would now like to in front of all of you eat my hat!

It was a great show, definatley aimed at a younger audience but with the little G1 tributes i saw and the definate movie likeness in some parts IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!

***Spoilers***

I did find it odd the leadership structure, having Prime a fresh academy bot and having Ultra Magnus as the Autobot commander but it seemed to work out really well.

I put my hand on my heart and thoroughly reccomend that everyone watch this funny new spin on Transformers. I do honestly feel that this is going to benefit our obsession with toys because it will rope in a new generation so our toy companies have more money to spend on us :D

8.5/10

1orion2many
24th January 2008, 09:43 AM
:DNo I think I am TF animated's biggest hater as I still dislike it with a passion for 3 main reasons, the human characters, horrendous animation style and as far as I'm concerned the extremely young audience this is aimed at:(.

kup
24th January 2008, 10:05 AM
As I pointed out in my reviews on the other thread, I have been underwhelmed by the first episode 'movie' of Animated and following episodes with the exception of the Lockdown episode which was excellent.

Original review:
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=22

Mods, Do you wish us to repost reviews here and in similar threads?
________
Health shop (http://herbalhealthshop.com)

GoktimusPrime
24th January 2008, 10:38 AM
My thoughts about this episode have already been expressed on here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=22&page=2)

STL
30th January 2008, 11:16 AM
I like it far more than I expected. I've watched two episodes now (the 1st 3 plius 4). There's a good level of interplay between the characters and that little girl isn't as overbearing as those brats from Cybertron.

If the animation style were more classic, I'd be in love with this series. As it is, it's probably middling average for me.

GoktimusPrime
30th January 2008, 05:59 PM
And I really do like the defined autobot leadership structure as well, and the fact that the team isn't the most uber powerful force of the autobots (yet). There's lots of growing space.
It's nothing new, but I admit that it is good to see an Optimus who's a captain rather than supreme commander.

There's a good level of interplay between the characters and that little girl isn't as overbearing as those brats from Cybertron.
...except for when she uses that key. :p

jaydisc
21st June 2008, 06:59 PM
Am re-watching this now as I just got the 2-pack of figures with the DVD and noticed that when the Decepticon ship first fires on the Autobots, Prime says, "Activate emergency defense system, code name Omega." Teletraan 1 refuses stating, "I'm sorry. This function has been disabled in compliance with Cybertron's ongoing efforts to conserve Energon".

Based on that and the glimpses of Omega Supreme, it seems quite clear that Omega Supreme IS the autobot ship. Has anyone else noticed this? Or am I late to the party?

Kyle
21st June 2008, 07:16 PM
Or am I late to the party?

:p

SilverDragon
21st June 2008, 07:19 PM
I think I must make like Blitzwing and express my feelings about this IN SONG.

*sings* It was awesome! So very awesome!

Paulbot
21st June 2008, 10:08 PM
Based on that and the glimpses of Omega Supreme, it seems quite clear that Omega Supreme IS the autobot ship. Has anyone else noticed this? Or am I late to the party?

I noticed it :P

ht tp://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=10928&postcount=6

griffin
22nd June 2008, 12:32 AM
I noticed it as well, but probably only because the name Omega Supreme was only just floating around at that time, as if it had only just leaked that it was going to be in the Animated toyline (and people were hoping it would be in the cartoon). It wasn't until I watched the 'Lost and Found' episode, with the autobot ship looking like Gen1 Omega Supreme with its colours, that I started to believe the rumours of an Animated Omega Supreme.

STL
25th June 2008, 12:37 AM
I missed it but I'm a dope so I don't count.