PDA

View Full Version : Big W's Toy Sale 4 Dec to 10 Dec: YES there are TFs!

JuzMel
2nd December 2008, 06:53 PM
Got catalogue in mail today:

TF Animated:
- Bumper Battlers: $11.74
- Activators: $11.74 (New Cliffjumper and Bandit Lockdown pictured)
- Powerbots: $33.83
- Supreme Prime: $58.66
- New Deluxe Twin Packs: $29.84 (Prime & Blackarachia Pictured - Seems like a new assortment)

Marvel Transformers Crossovers: $22.93

Wall-E
- Deluxe figures half price: $9.92
- Transforming Wall-E: $24.88
- Movie Moments: $12.74

LEGO City Police Station: $98

Stompy
2nd December 2008, 06:58 PM
I noticed my local Big W were shelving Bumper Battlers and Roll Out Primes today. Although it didn't have prices. No signs of the Animated two packs though. Perhaps tomorrow.

jaydisc
2nd December 2008, 07:28 PM
Surprisingly not better prices. The last Kmart sale would have landed Bumber Battlers/Activators at $11.24 for a pair and the typically 20% off puts them at $11.99. I had bigger hopes for Big W.

Where my $24.88 Voyagers at yo!

Keen for Cliffjumper though!

Lord_Zed
2nd December 2008, 08:17 PM
Surprisingly not better prices. The last Kmart sale would have landed Bumber Battlers/Activators at $11.24 for a pair and the typically 20% off puts them at $11.99. I had bigger hopes for Big W.

Where my $24.88 Voyagers at yo!

Keen for Cliffjumper though!

Yeah Activators would have been cheaper at Kmart, had they priced them correctly. The only Kmart I know which still stocks Activators lost quite a few sales thanks to thier incompetence.

At least with Big W's sale they should actualy have the stock, maybe even priced correctly!

I'd be happy with $24.88 for some universe deluxes let alone voyagers.

Golden Phoenix
2nd December 2008, 08:44 PM
- Activators: $11.74 (New Cliffjumper and Bandit Lockdown pictured)

Nice. I want Cliffjumper. I am glad they actually gave him a new head

Kyle
2nd December 2008, 09:35 PM
Funny the Supreme Prime is no longer $40... :p

Mmmm... Cliffjumper...

I know where I'll be going on Thursday morning.... :p

Paulbot
2nd December 2008, 09:38 PM
The Deluxe two packs are a Big W exclusive according to the catalogue.

Kyle
2nd December 2008, 10:10 PM
I like the idea of the OP and BA 2-pack..... even though I already have the toys.... :o

kup
2nd December 2008, 10:25 PM
Is this in Sale Sydney too?

Sky Shadow
2nd December 2008, 10:36 PM
I like the idea of the OP and BA 2-pack...

Me too... although I have no idea where the nearest/easiest Big W is from here. I've looked on the Big W website and other than the Macquarie centre one in Ryde I've barely even heard of half the suburbs the stores are in. Could a Sydneysider please let me know which ones would be most accessible from the Eastern Suburbs? :confused:

Lord_Zed
2nd December 2008, 11:05 PM
Is this in Sale Sydney too?

Yup got the cattledog today.

Eazy D
3rd December 2008, 04:00 AM
Hey Skyshadow

There's a big W in Eastgardens. Thats a westfield shopping mall near Pagewood. There may also be one in Bondi junction westfield but I can;t remember

lcz128
3rd December 2008, 07:09 AM
No universe? :( Poo!

jaydisc
3rd December 2008, 08:50 AM
I just realized how the mispriced Kmart Activators can now come to our benefit!

$26.99 - $11.74 x 10% = $1.53 making any mis-priced Activators at Kmart matched to $10.21!!

Maybe that'll speed up Kmart's fix ;)

Sky Shadow
3rd December 2008, 09:19 AM
Hey Skyshadow

There's a big W in Eastgardens. Thats a westfield shopping mall near Pagewood. There may also be one in Bondi junction westfield but I can;t remember

Thanks Eazy D - I've now looked on a map and I should be able to get to Eastgardens! (Unfortunately there's not one at Bondi Junction - it's my usual stomping ground and great for everything but Big W.)

JuzMel
3rd December 2008, 09:45 AM
Yup I'll be scooting off to my nearest Big W tomorrow morning to check things out. Will be back to report after that. Really hope they have stock of the new Activators. I'm guessing the special 2-packs come in other characters as well. AT $29.84 for 2, that's like $15 bucks a deluxe figure (which should be the reasonable price for a deluxe figure anyway.)

Paulbot
3rd December 2008, 09:47 AM
Mel, the other two pack is Prowl vs (Cyb Mode) Megatron.

It's a way of reusing those deluxes that were sold in the DVD two-pack

kup
3rd December 2008, 10:17 AM
Yup got the cattledog today.

If you find a Bluestreak at Miranda without any roof/door deformities, could you please get it for me?

Lord_Zed
3rd December 2008, 01:09 PM
If you find a Bluestreak at Miranda without any roof/door deformities, could you please get it for me?

They aren't on sale there though, and I haven't seen a Universe Deluxe at BIG W for months. Still I will proably have a look at the weekend so If I see one. Not sure what you consider deformities though, if its obvious I wonte get it but if its not....

kup
3rd December 2008, 01:15 PM
They aren't on sale there though, and I haven't seen a Universe Deluxe at BIG W for months. Still I will proably have a look at the weekend so If I see one. Not sure what you consider deformities though, if its obvious I wonte get it but if its not....

Thanks. Deformities I mean a noticeable lump of paint on the roof or badly scratched door, etc.

Stompy
3rd December 2008, 02:48 PM
My local Big W appears to have the stock in the shelves already. NO Bandit Lockdown or Cliffjumper Activators. There were about 5 each of the 2-packs and about 10 Rollout Primes. Ooh. Also the Bumper Battlers, including Sting Racer Bumblebee and Nightwatch OP.

jaydisc
3rd December 2008, 05:41 PM
Was preparing my morning hunt by trying to pick a shopping centre with Big W and Kmart, but there doesn't seem to be any. Is that by design?

Golden Phoenix
3rd December 2008, 06:16 PM
Was preparing my morning hunt by trying to pick a shopping centre with Big W and Kmart, but there doesn't seem to be any. Is that by design?

Doesn't Southland have both?

Paulbot
3rd December 2008, 06:17 PM

Live in the South East of Melbourne like me and you can choose Fountain Gate (also has Target and Toy Kingdom), Southland (also has Target, Toyworld, Myer, and David Jones), or the smaller Parkmore, all of which have both Big W and Kmart.

iceburn
3rd December 2008, 06:31 PM
no stock updates at BigW city...nothing as yet. all the old Ultras, Robot Heroes, Leaders, etc etc.

Paulbot
4th December 2008, 09:07 AM
The Star Wars Transformers are also on sale at the Marvel Transformers price $22.93

JuzMel
4th December 2008, 09:49 AM
Back to report! The usual Big W I frequent, F.H has the 2-Pack Blackarachia + Prime, Prowl + Megatron in stock about 3 sets each. Also lots of Bumper Battlers Bumbee, Ratchet, Prime and Jazz.

Activators at first, there were only Patrol Bumbee, Bumbee, Lockdown and Bulkhead on the shelves. I took Bulkhead and asked the guy to help me look at the back. He looked like the type to come back and tell you "there's no more at the back", but never judge a book by it's cover! :p

He brought a box of Wave 2 and 3 package together which consist of 2 Ratchets, 2 Thundercrackers, 2 Prime, 2 Lockdowns and 2 Patrol Bumbee! :D
And thus I also took 1 ratchet of course. :) No Cliffy and Bandit Lockdown though. :(

sifun
4th December 2008, 10:13 AM
oooh i want a thundercracker and prime activator. Salivating hard

MV75
4th December 2008, 11:03 AM
Picked up the lego police station as a present today.

They had the transformers out yesterday at the sale price, but wouldn't do the cop shop until today. :(

That said, I have no interest in the TFs that were on sale. If they had 50% off leader brawl though....... :)

Pulse
4th December 2008, 01:23 PM
My nearest store (Big W B - locals ;)) had the animated 2-packs ($29 something ain't a bad price at all :)) & no Cliffy in sight... *sigh*

iceburn
4th December 2008, 01:23 PM
My nearest store (Big W B - locals ;)) had the animated 2-packs ($29 something ain't a bad price at all :)) & no Cliffy in sight... *sigh*

we are conned!! where's cliffjumper.. but where's grimlock and megatron's wave too