PDA

View Full Version : MP Grimlock in colour! :)

Pulse
4th December 2008, 01:38 AM
From E-Hobby

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn204/Pulse_Warrior/Random/MPGrimmy4.jpg

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn204/Pulse_Warrior/Random/MPGrimmy2.jpg

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn204/Pulse_Warrior/Random/MPGrimmy3.jpg

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn204/Pulse_Warrior/Random/MPGrimmy1.jpg

Wow! :eek:

Sky Shadow
4th December 2008, 01:50 AM
Wow. That's a thing of beauty.

jacksplatt11
4th December 2008, 01:55 AM
Really really really cool

Gutsman Heavy
4th December 2008, 02:02 AM
Very nice except the sword hilt, not liking that chrome red on it.

B-E-A-utiful

Wheel-J
4th December 2008, 02:02 AM
I said I could w---a---i---t........................

Soundwarp
4th December 2008, 07:17 AM
OMG I NEED THAT!

gamblor916
4th December 2008, 08:24 AM
Don't like the sword colour but everything else is sweet!

iceburn
4th December 2008, 08:27 AM
this is nice... definitely worth getting but now i've to pay for my MP07 Thundercracker to dat70dude first.

lcz128
4th December 2008, 08:28 AM
Cool! i really like that last pic of grimlock between the trees! Hah! :b

Adzma
4th December 2008, 08:46 AM
I gotta say that's pretty hot. *Mumble* Still small though */Mumble* Now we just have to wait for Hasbro to announce their version so we can all laugh at their pitiful attempt at the thing we call C-H-R-O-M-E and afterwards we can all throw our wallets away, ordering from Japan, have milkshakes, realize the QC from TakTom is c**p, dance around in a violent rage of fire and blood then come crawling back to Hasbro with our tails between our legs.

Did I mention he looks hot?

i_amtrunks
4th December 2008, 08:57 AM
Thats one nice figure who is going to be very expensive to buy (at current exchange rates).

Yet another high end figure to go on my "want, but not likely to get" list.

kup
4th December 2008, 09:18 AM
The best part of that figure is that it can change the eye colors to Red or Blue! That's a welcomed surprise.

Yeah the choices for the sword colors are rather poor. In order to keep it flaming you have to turn on the LED so when displayed its going to look clear :(

k.wong23
4th December 2008, 09:25 AM
Mmmm this thing is beautiful hopefully the QC issues as of lately don't hinder it!

1orion2many
4th December 2008, 09:28 AM
:eek:AAAAHHHHHHH!!! I'm at work so no pics download, I'll have to wait until I get home to look at the pics. I'm glad I have already paid for this figure as I'm like you Ice, I have to pay for MP TCracker as well:o.

GoktimusPrime
4th December 2008, 09:33 AM
The best part of that figure is that it can change the eye colors to Red or Blue! That's a welcomed surprise.
Not a surprise to me considering that the MP line is aiming for show-likeness. All MP Autobots have blue eyes and Decepticons have red eyes thus far. I would've been pleasantly surprised if they'd gone with the red eyes for Grimlock.

JuzMel
4th December 2008, 09:54 AM
He looks magnificant... alright melbourne combined orders here we come... :D

kup
4th December 2008, 10:06 AM
Not a surprise to me considering that the MP line is aiming for show-likeness. All MP Autobots have blue eyes and Decepticons have red eyes thus far. I would've been pleasantly surprised if they'd gone with the red eyes for Grimlock.

The surprise is that it can alternate from both. Since it is a Japanese release I thought it would have fixed blue eyes for the very reason you have mentioned since the Japanese had no exposure to the comics and there is a strong preference in cartoon aesthetics.

Trailer Park Ninja
4th December 2008, 10:49 AM
* sighs * Me like Grimlock. Me must have Grimlock. Exchange rate be damned! :D

dirge
4th December 2008, 10:52 AM
Well painted. Still don't care for it myself, but yeah, he scrubs up real good like.

Hereticpoo
4th December 2008, 11:20 AM
Great, I'm one of the idiots who thought I could do without MP Grimlock. How wrong I was.

Thank you TakTom, I'm officially a TF junkie! There's no getting off this wagon. :D Bring on the rest of the Dinobots....

Lord_Zed
4th December 2008, 01:07 PM
He looks pretty damn awesome in the pictures, like a proper MP that's for sure.

That damn painfull exchange rate that scares me. Still I'll put up the dough if the toy is a class act, so we'll see.

Pulse
4th December 2008, 01:19 PM
I don't think I'll be pre-ordering him from overseas as the feeling he'll be a TRU exclusive is pretty strong :)

OMG I NEED THAT!

Hey Mate! Great to see you're back again! :)

I just noticed that this morning (was half-asleep when I posted that last night). Reckon it'll be battery operated or just a sliding-tab?

Zippo
4th December 2008, 04:54 PM
A thing of beauty!

King Atlas
4th December 2008, 05:09 PM
Awesome. But you can't really tell if hasbro is releasing this guy next year, could be MP Thundercracker or Skywarp :).......(not likely)

Lint
4th December 2008, 06:01 PM
Well painted. Still don't care for it myself, but yeah, he scrubs up real good like.

I was beginning to think that I was the only one who missed out on the party drugs before I read this post. :D

Mind you I don't think he's a horrible figure. I consider him G1 Grimlock as he should have been. The fun I could have had with that extra articulation. Particularly legs and wrists.

FFN
4th December 2008, 07:20 PM
The surprise is that it can alternate from both. Since it is a Japanese release I thought it would have fixed blue eyes for the very reason you have mentioned since the Japanese had no exposure to the comics and there is a strong preference in cartoon aesthetics. Grimlock also comes with Marvel US Grimlock's crown, so it's probable this feature was added for Hasbro's customer base, as it wouldn't have much meaning for Takara (beyond a handful of pro-western fiction guys like Ichikawa) for them to spontaneously include it.

jaydisc
4th December 2008, 07:47 PM
Looks awesome. I'll still wait to see what Hasbro offers locally.

hungta
4th December 2008, 09:48 PM
Purrdy. Have Hasbro masterpieces been cheaper in the past?

GoktimusPrime
4th December 2008, 09:49 PM
Not really - but you don't have to pay for shipping since they're locally distributed, which save some money. More importantly, the Aussie Dollar is totally craphouse atm which means that we're currently losing bucketloads in exchange - so getting a local one can save money just by not having to change currency.

Adzma
4th December 2008, 11:17 PM
Although when Masterpiece Starscream was released here it sold for $100 (I think) whereas in the US it cost only $50 and our dollar was fairly strong, in comparison to now anyway, so you can expect that Grimmers ain't going to be cheap.

STL
5th December 2008, 12:19 AM
Although when Masterpiece Starscream was released here it sold for $100 (I think) whereas in the US it cost only $50 and our dollar was fairly strong, in comparison to now anyway, so you can expect that Grimmers ain't going to be cheap.

I don't think the exchange rate will play that big a factor. I think if Hasbro prices it, it will be according to the characteristics of our market. It seems that that's the way they price a lot of toys. What's the most they can get off us w/in reason rather than looking at the exchange rate (tho I think the exchange rate is factored in at cost level though not retail). And it'd make more sense too if you were running a MNC I guess to base pricing on what the market can afford, not just what ur domestic prices are.

TheDirtyDigger
6th December 2008, 06:54 AM
I don't think the exchange rate will play that big a factor. I think if Hasbro prices it, it will be according to the characteristics of our market. It seems that that's the way they price a lot of toys. What's the most they can get off us w/in reason rather than looking at the exchange rate (tho I think the exchange rate is factored in at cost level though not retail).

In my industry I'm starting to see more and more emails from suppliers saying 10% increase across the board because of the exchange rate and may increase more if dollar stays low.

Grimlock looks damned sexy though. Do we have an actual measurement of how tall he will be? I'm gunna work out price per centimetre before I buy.

Adzma
6th December 2008, 09:01 AM
Grimlock looks damned sexy though. Do we have an actual measurement of how tall he will be? I'm gunna work out price per centimetre before I buy.
We haven't received an actual number as of yet, but all we know is he's a little over twice the size of G1 Grimlock in Dino mode. I would estimate he's about 26cm roughly.

STL
8th December 2008, 12:08 AM
In my industry I'm starting to see more and more emails from suppliers saying 10% increase across the board because of the exchange rate and may increase more if dollar stays low.

You are absolutely right there. A few of my former coworkers were telling me about the renegotiating of prices taking place in the camera and electronics industry. It's expected that in Jan/Feb that prices will start to readjust to reflect the 30% change in the exchange rate so that means all new goods negotiated after the July peak will be at the new lower prices.

I imagine that's going to drive out a lot of international products. I was also told over dinner that Panasonic and Hitachi are pulling out of the Aussie market b/c of the dwindling margins and the fact our market cannot support higher prices.

I think the toys will be affected but slightly less so. Though I just noticed over the weekend that K-Mart was selling the SWs and Marvel figures for $33; that's your 10% more.

jimoinj
29th December 2008, 06:06 PM
This toy looks out of control good - I don't understand why any fan wouldn't want it, other than cost concerns.

GoktimusPrime
29th December 2008, 07:48 PM
Money talks and you-know-what walks. ;)