PDA

View Full Version : TFAn Review Ep5 (Spoilers)

griffin
24th January 2008, 04:20 AM
Post here your thoughts on the fifth episode of Transformers Animated. If this screens in Australia any time soon, we will re-look at this topic.

*** SPOILERS ***

Episode Synopsis apparently from Cartoon Network website:

Episode 5: Total Meltdown
A bio-engineering genius experiments with some of Bumblebee's hydraulic fluid & accidentally transformers himself into Meltdown, whose corrosive touch can melt anything - including Autobots!

kup
24th January 2008, 11:07 AM
My views on this episode:

(scroll down a bit)
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=22&page=12
________
JAGUAR XK6 ENGINE HISTORY (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Jaguar_XK6_engine)

GoktimusPrime
25th January 2008, 12:41 PM
Just saw this episode. Meh... did nothing for me. Didn't like nor hate it. I can appreciate the writers adding in villains other than Decepticons into the show - and it's good that it's not happening all the time. I did find Bumblebee pretty annoying in this episode, and I'm still tired of the writers blindly portraying Bulkhead as being a big dumb brute all the time.

And I still like how they can partially transform, like when bumblebee put his arm out in car mode and grabbed sumdac. Really shows they have greater control over their modes besides just a car or robot.
To me that just reeks of writer laziness and also makes the Autobots look too cartoonish. It will annoy me even more if the toys themselves actually can't do that (which I doubt). What's wrong with just opening the door and yelling, "Get in!" or have other means of loading/unloading passengers/cargo other than morphing... like Ratchet's magnetic beams.

kup
27th January 2008, 02:04 PM
At least they have minimized that sort of morphing thing in episodes following the first (and this one). I personally see it as cheating as they are not transforming but 'growing' an arm out of their alt mode. If I saw part of the Altmode disasebling and then forming the arm, it would be a different story.

Gok is correct, it smacks of lazyness as the effect could be pulled off better without the 'growing arm'.
________
Weed vaporizers (http://weedvaporizers.info/)

GoktimusPrime
27th January 2008, 04:18 PM
In G1 Jetfire would deploy his forearms from the undercarriage of his fighter mode to grab - and although this looks weird, it's not actually "lazy cheating" because it's actually utilising Jetfire's design... the toy's forearms can actually deploy from the undercarriage... it's not necessarily meant to, but it can. It's akin to Transmetal Optimus Primal's "assault" robot mode - an intermediate mode which wasn't necessarily intended for the toy but the toy can actually do it.

And it never looked as a lame/lazy/cheating either, because you could see where arms were dropping down from - you saw how it could work. Animated Bumblebee on the other hand... I dunno... that arm looks like it's just appearing out of nowhere from inside Bumblebee and doesn't even look possible - hence why it just looks so "cartoonish." Although they have the transformation noise when the arm comes out, there's NO actual transformation that I could see... it just looks like the arm's appearing out of thin air (subspace, wateva). With Jetfire and TM Primal, you could actually see the transformation work.