PDA

View Full Version : Toys R Us raided!

sanbot
4th December 2008, 01:52 PM
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24748774-421,00.html

Its not enough that Toys R Us charge exhobirant prices for their toys, they also have to underpay their staff. :eek:

canofwhoopass_87
4th December 2008, 02:27 PM
LOL. I had a friend who worked for toys r us as a pimple faced teen..don't think he ever said anything positive about that experience..but I suppose being a collector and working there like 1 day a week to get insider info on stock ordering would be fricken sweet.

kup
4th December 2008, 02:32 PM
I am not surprised that this was going on but I am surprised that the government has acted on it.

Regardless, when I walk into a TrU store the 'aura' of it feels all wrong particularly in how badly the upkeep of the store is and the 'low morale' attitude and faces you see in their middle school age staff.

Pulse
4th December 2008, 02:41 PM
You pay peanuts, You get monkeys... :D

Seriously, you'd think after Chilli's got busted doing this (http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/10/19/2063773.htm) a year ago it would have scared TRU into doing the right thing...

TheDirtyDigger
4th December 2008, 02:47 PM
Regardless, when I walk into a TrU store the 'aura' of it feels all wrong particularly in how badly the upkeep of the store is and the 'low morale' attitude and faces you see in their middle school age staff.

Yeah upkeep of the store at Chaddy here is generally atrocious although the Frankston one is pretty tidy. The staff seem to be about two evolutionary steps behind monkeys though.

kup
4th December 2008, 03:06 PM
Yeah upkeep of the store at Chaddy here is generally atrocious although the Frankston one is pretty tidy. The staff seem to be about two evolutionary steps behind monkeys though.

At Miranda is common for the TF section to have Transformers on the floor and I don't mean in stacks, more as if someone just went there and dropped them randomly on the floor littering the middle isle. In its best times someone gets the common sense to 'mopping' them to one side.

Only when stock is a little low do things begin to look tidy in that section.

i_amtrunks
4th December 2008, 04:02 PM
The only clean and nice TRY I have ever seen was when the Castle Hill Store opened about 9 months ago.

I dont think it has had a clean since.

sanbot
4th December 2008, 04:19 PM
On the one hand you get many customers who come to the store look at stuff and don't put them back (ironically due to other customers doing the same similar to how it is in stores like Kmart - you wouldn't see this in "upper class" stores like DJ's or Myers) but then on the other hand TRU should be staffed sufficiently to manage this.

I don't necessarily think how clean a store is, reflects on how TRU is being managed. I reakon they are just feeling the pressure as much as any other retailer is with the current downturn in the economy and they're trying to find ways to reduce cost (albeit a very dodgy/illegal way). I wouldn't be surprised if other retailers were indulging in this type of practice.

kup
4th December 2008, 06:20 PM
I don't necessarily think how clean a store is, reflects on how TRU is being managed. I reakon they are just feeling the pressure as much as any other retailer is with the current downturn in the economy and they're trying to find ways to reduce cost (albeit a very dodgy/illegal way). I wouldn't be surprised if other retailers were indulging in this type of practice.

This isn't a new phenomenon. Its been going on for years. Its simply their company culture.

Granted, costumers usually make a mess when browsing through toys but the mess there can remain for days without anyone of the staff doing anything about it. In Miranda you only see people at the checkouts, the rest of the store is almost deserted of staff.

Sky Shadow
4th December 2008, 06:36 PM
I went to Moore Park Toys 'R' Us today. I actually thought at the time that the staff were being oddly and unusually helpful (although I hadn't read the article.)

Trailer Park Ninja
4th December 2008, 09:02 PM
I thought going by the thread title that it was just another TRU transformer scalper story :p

roller
6th December 2008, 09:45 AM
i used to know someone at school who worked there for a few months

at the moore park one, and he was going insane because they always played there stupid song over and over again.

I still remember it, "I dont want to grow up, im a Toys R Us kid" now

imagine if you worked there, 8hr of that a day.