PDA

View Full Version : Henkei Ratchet

STL
5th December 2008, 12:59 AM
Awesome (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/henkei-ratchet-photos/14638/)

blackie
5th December 2008, 01:01 AM
ahh henkei... pwns hasbro in every way

Pulse
5th December 2008, 01:03 AM
Wow! :eek: That is so much nicer than the Universe version of him

dirge
5th December 2008, 01:04 AM
Whilst I'm not totally convinced of the merits of a red impact bar at the front end, I do believe I will be seeking out this toy, once released :)

STL
5th December 2008, 01:09 AM
...I'm not totally convinced of the merits of a red impact bar at the front end,

I agree. My gut reaction was that's just weird. What about chrome but then I can see it was necessary to break up the white and chrome on the rest of the alt mode.

Lint
5th December 2008, 01:19 AM
Awww they shulda chromed the bull bar too. Regardless, Ratchet hasn't looked this sexy in ages.

jacksplatt11
5th December 2008, 01:32 AM
Sexy

hotaru_oz
5th December 2008, 03:04 AM
Sexy indeed

Wheel-J
5th December 2008, 08:22 AM
I'm surprised it came out far much better as compared from the past pics (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=2635).

My rating (based on looks): 5 out of 5 stars :)

MV75
5th December 2008, 08:30 AM
Wow, I didn't think they'd ever make that crap mould look any good, yet there they go. I can feel myself almost wanting this one. Really does suit being ratchet instead of ironhide.

As for the red nudge bar, that's what makes it look passable to me. ;)

iceburn
5th December 2008, 08:43 AM
hmm same old problem with the head....will hasbro or takara be fixing that problem!

Golden Phoenix
5th December 2008, 08:55 AM
I reckon that the other one was the Hasbro one.
This looks soooo much better then that.
Thank (insert deity here) that I put him on order with TC

GoktimusPrime
5th December 2008, 09:36 AM
Muuuuuuuuuuuuuch nicer! While the red bullbar looks kinda funny (would've preferred that in chrome or silver) the other merits of this toy more than compensate. :)

i_amtrunks
5th December 2008, 09:50 AM
Chrome Bullbar would have been better appreciated, but jeez that is one nice looking figure. He would be worth paying the extra for to get!

STL
5th December 2008, 10:07 AM
Thank (insert deity here) that I put him on order with TC

I think you meant:
Thank STL that I put him on order with TC

loophole
5th December 2008, 11:06 AM
Holy Crap thats impressive :cool:

Robzy
5th December 2008, 12:03 PM
WOW! :eek:

So... is this guy available at mass retail (in Japan) or is he an exclusive?

Firecracker
5th December 2008, 12:14 PM
Wow, I generally have no interset in repaints/remolds, and usually stick to Western releases... but that is calling out to me! It's so purdy lookin'!

Zippo
5th December 2008, 07:45 PM
Very pretty! Hopefully he holds together a bit better in alt mode

Defcon
5th December 2008, 08:05 PM
Looks awesome. Makes the Universe ratchet or early prototype look cheap.

lcz128
5th December 2008, 11:36 PM
Heh- Just occurred to me, but what's funny (IMO) is that Henkei Ratchet comes out BEFORE Universe Ratchet. Bye bye Universe Ratchet!!! Lol.
That said, I love the mould so much that I might pick one up anyway lol

Lord_Zed
6th December 2008, 02:02 AM
Nice who gets released the same time as Ratchet though? I got burned with Ironhide so I gotta make sure there's something else out then I want to justify the shipping.

kurdt_the_goat
6th December 2008, 02:09 AM
Lucky for you Lord_Zed, Cyclonus is out same day as Ratchet - 22nd of Jan. Not to mention Red Alternity Convoy, same day... plus Silver Alternity Convoy on the 29th.

GoktimusPrime
6th December 2008, 07:55 AM
That said, I love the mould so much that I might pick one up anyway lol
If you do get a Universe Ratchet I reckon you should repaint it and give it a G1 comic-like head colour (i.e.: red helmet, white crest). :) Henkei has gone for a G1 cartoon-like colour with the white helmet and grey crest, but Universe's white helmet w/ red crest doesn't look like either... (it's actually the colours of Animated Ratchet's head - but the face isn't blue and red so that negates that). :/

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/ratchets.jpg

MV75
6th December 2008, 08:46 AM
Just noticed from Goks pictures, I wish they gave him a more "friendly" face like the G1 cartoon version instead of just using ironhides "don't mess with me boy" hard-arse face.

Golden Phoenix
6th December 2008, 10:18 AM
I think you meant:
Thank STL that I put him on order with TC

Well if you wish, but you know what happens to most deities right?

STL
8th December 2008, 12:12 AM
Heh- Just occurred to me, but what's funny (IMO) is that Henkei Ratchet comes out BEFORE Universe Ratchet. Bye bye Universe Ratchet!!! Lol.

Not for box collectors though. :o

Kyle
8th December 2008, 09:02 AM
Lucky for you Lord_Zed, Cyclonus is out same day as Ratchet - 22nd of Jan. Not to mention Red Alternity Convoy, same day... plus Silver Alternity Convoy on the 29th.

If it's up to me I hope they all come out after March~ :D

Paulbot
8th December 2008, 08:55 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/ratchets.jpg

For some reason I always think of G1 Ratchet has having a red crest like the Henkei one, despite knowing the cartoon has the grey crest. I'm not sure why :confused:

Anyway Henkei Ratchet does look really good.

GoktimusPrime
8th December 2008, 09:56 PM
My Ratchet cosplay had a comic-accurate head colours. :D
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/ratchatar.jpg
...'cept for the face neck. Wasn't prepared to go into face and neck painting. :p