PDA

View Full Version : Unleashed Turnarounds - $13 - Toyworld to 19Dec.

griffin
9th December 2008, 12:40 PM
The only thing in the current Toyworld Catalogue is the Movie Unleashed Turnarounds, discounted to $13. They say 'don't pay $50', which is like false advertising, because it suggests that they are discounted from that price, but when they first got them in, they were priced at $20. And no other store with them had them priced that high either, so it is very deceptive advertising (they list it on everything now, so must be legal).
Anyway, for anyone who is interested in them, it's not a bad price for a 'statue/diarama', if you have a Toyworld near you, and they have any left.

STL
9th December 2008, 10:30 PM
I'd recommend against it at all. They're hardly worth the money even at that price. You know its bad when Hasbro's own chief designer (at Southland) admitted how poorly executed the idea was and there's no intention of revisiting them for ROTF

iceburn
10th December 2008, 11:14 AM
i treat them as paperweights....

liegeprime
10th December 2008, 11:39 AM
Hasbro should have done them as bookends instead. I might have gotten a pair then. For these, meh.

i_amtrunks
10th December 2008, 02:26 PM
They might have worked as G1 or BW based statues, but the horrible movie aesthetic really didnt help, the movie designs look crap in 3d, and worse when sculpted onto plastic.

Bookends would have been quite nice though Liege!

Golden Phoenix
10th December 2008, 05:12 PM
i treat them as paperweights....

It is the only thing they Transform into

blackie
10th December 2008, 11:58 PM
It is the only thing they Transform into

WRONG
they also transform into:

1. trash

2. a melted pool of plastic when combined with my lighter :P