PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Question

Omega Supreme
10th December 2008, 11:19 AM
Hi all, sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but Im having abit on an issue on ebay and thought someone here might be able to give me some adivce.

I bought an item from a seller in Sydney about 20 days ago, paid through paypal & I went with the registered post option. The seller claims they posted the figure 19 days ago (day after I paid), I asked them for the registered number last week so I could attempt to track my parcel, but the seller is still yet to reply.

My questions are:
How long before I can lodge an item not received thingy ?

And what type of information do I need to prove my case ?
Currently all I have is my paypal invoice thats saved on ebay & the transfer info from my actual paypal account, it does say I paid for registered postage on the invoice.

STL
10th December 2008, 11:24 AM
Hi all, sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but Im having abit on an issue on ebay and thought someone here might be able to give me some adivce.

I bought an item from a seller in Sydney about 20 days ago, paid through paypal & I went with the registered post option. The seller claims they posted the figure 19 days ago (day after I paid), I asked them for the registered number last week so I could attempt to track my parcel, but the seller is still yet to reply.

My questions are:
How long before I can lodge an item not received thingy ?

And what type of information do I need to prove my case ?
Currently all I have is my paypal invoice thats saved on ebay & the transfer info from my actual paypal account, it does say I paid for registered postage on the invoice.

You can lodge the dispute whenever you want. No information required if you paid through Paypal (which is one of the reasons I prefer Paypal for eBay transactions). You look good for this on what you've posted above so I expect you'd win in a dispute.

The one thing that Paypal/eBay prefer that you've done is contact the seller first. Shows your not being an impatient or peevish buyer. And you've done that so no dramas.

Generally I'm a very patient person and don't lodge disputes until the last week of my Paypal protection period though sometimes I think I should act faster to save myself the drama of waiting each day. But I tend to try and expect the best out of every situation so that probably counts against me.

Omega Supreme
10th December 2008, 11:27 AM
Cool thanks STL, if I can annoy you once more how long is the "Paypal protection period" ? you mentioned.

iceburn
10th December 2008, 11:28 AM
STL is abit incorrect there. same as ebay...you'll need at least 10 or 15 days before you can lodge a dispute. at current...you are 20 days from the date which means you can dispute with "Item not received". Moreover, you've requested from seller the registered number that they prolong to provide.

1. Dispute the transaction
2. Get the contacts of the seller and call if possible
3. Wait for seller to reply via dispute or Wait till dispute time ends for seller's response

If seller does not respond with a valid registered number...you'll win a favour (i guess).
Where is the seller from? Has it been actual 2 weeks? If seller (is from US) and sends it via First Class and not Global Priority...it takes about 3-4 weeks for item to arrive.

jgon2098
10th December 2008, 11:32 AM
the problem with waiting it out till the last week of the dispute period is this.

if the seller intended to fraud u. possibly as a last hurrah as they say goodbye to ebay.

they clear out their account which you made payment to, deregister all their bank card details etc.

chances are you wont get ur money back even if u win the paypal dispute.

and they wouldnt give a damn if u leave them a neg

19 days is way too long from sydney to canberra, something is not right

Omega Supreme
10th December 2008, 11:32 AM
STL is abit incorrect there. same as ebay...you'll need at least 10 or 15 days before you can lodge a dispute. at current...you are 20 days from the date which means you can dispute with "Item not received". Moreover, you've requested from seller the registered number that they prolong to provide.

1. Dispute the transaction
2. Get the contacts of the seller and call if possible
3. Wait for seller to reply via dispute or Wait till dispute time ends for seller's response

If seller does not respond with a valid registered number...you'll win a favour (i guess).
Where is the seller from? Has it been actual 2 weeks? If seller (is from US) and sends it via First Class and not Global Priority...it takes about 3-4 weeks for item to arrive.

Thanks Iceburn, the seller is local (Sydney) and today is 20 days from when I paid, the seller last contacted me 19 days ago. Last msg I sent them was 7 days ago.

Omega Supreme
10th December 2008, 11:33 AM
the problem with waiting it out till the last week of the dispute period is this.

if the seller intended to fraud u. possibly as a last hurrah as they say goodbye to ebay.

they clear out their account which you made payment to, deregister all their bank card details etc.

chances are you wont get ur money back even if u win the paypal dispute.

and they wouldnt give a damn if u leave them a neg

well this doesnt sound good lol :), Im going to launch the dispute now.

iceburn
10th December 2008, 11:35 AM
Thanks Iceburn, the seller is local (Sydney) and today is 20 days from when I paid, the seller last contacted me 19 days ago. Last msg I sent them was 7 days ago.

i'll say dispute now and call the PERSON via their contact information since it's local. if it's overseas...i will hesitate abit and prefer email.

Note: Christmas period too and post office gets busy and sometimes forgets people's parcel.

But for seller not to provide registered number when requested means fraud is a possibility. Wish you luck mate