PDA

View Full Version : Cannibal receipes website

roller
10th December 2008, 11:41 PM
So

after an abscence of 10 + years i have finally upgraded from my Pocket color gameboy to a Nintendo DS

A remarkable piece of technology that for 6 months i couldnt use, cause the recharger i have is a dodgy.

So, i have a new one, and i want to know, since my instruction booklet cant help.

#Can you put videos or movies on a DS?

# How do you play online with other people? Do i have to frick around with my home computers internet thingy ?

#Does anyone else have there online codes so i can add you to my friends list, i wanna battle with pokemon!!!:)

# Is the little black chip on the back the actual game cartridge? Is very small.

Yeas i m technologically impaired

blackie
10th December 2008, 11:43 PM
#Does anyone else have there online codes so i can add you to my friends list, i wanna battle with pokemon!!!:)

POKEMON BATTLE
when i find my game cartridge ill pm you my friend code and we can battle hardcore :P

jacksplatt11
10th December 2008, 11:47 PM
Where's the recipes?

llamatron
10th December 2008, 11:58 PM
#Can you put videos or movies on a DS?

# How do you play online with other people? Do i have to frick around with my home computers internet thingy ?

# Is the little black chip on the back the actual game cartridge? Is very small.

Yeas i m technologically impaired

I'm not up to date with my DS knowledge, but as of about a year ago if you want to put videos etc on your DS you need to get yourself a 3rd party flash cart thingo that goes in the cartridge slot (and takes micro SD cards). That will let you run all kinds of homemade software, including web browsers, msn clients and video / music players.

blackie
11th December 2008, 12:00 AM
I'm not up to date with my DS knowledge, but as of about a year ago if you want to put videos etc on your DS you need to get yourself a 3rd party flash cart thingo that goes in the cartridge slot (and takes micro SD cards). That will let you run all kinds of homemade software, including web browsers, msn clients and video / music players.

yeah llama's right
you can pick em up from many different places, mainly on the net

this joint has free postage
http://www.ozmodchips.com/

jacksplatt11
11th December 2008, 12:11 AM
Get a PSP, they are better, got heaps of homebrew on mine, and videos work straight away, just chuck 'em on the memory stick

:D

Na, DS are cool too

iceburn
11th December 2008, 12:13 AM
i bought mine from here but it's outdated for the one i'm currently using.
http://eng.supercard.cn/index.htm

For blackie's recommendation...my colleague had chosen to use:

CycloDs Evolution + 4gb MicroSD-HC

quite user friendly and great. i think if you order express post..it comes in a nice packaging else it's just loose as seen

blackie
11th December 2008, 12:15 AM
yeah thats the one ill eventually get, when i can afford it :P

autobreadticon
11th December 2008, 12:41 AM
theres a new DS coming out yeh?

blackie
11th December 2008, 12:55 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DSi
already out in japan, wont see it till the end of next year :(

Eruntalon
11th December 2008, 01:24 AM
Cyclo DS Evo's are very reliable, a main contributing factor to this is because the Cyclo-DS dev's are always busy improving its firmware.

Also, in order to play videos on the DS you need a media player such as Moonshell (depending on what make of flash card you have manufacturers include a copy of Moonshell tailored to work with their cards firmware). You also need to convert any of your video files to the format known as .DPG. This is the only video format that will work. There are a number of converters available specifically for DS .dpg files, I'll find one later for you (I think I used to use one called Batch DPG?). It's then a matter of uploading these files from your pc to your flashcards media player files folder.

I like how the DSi is backwards compatible with WPA and WPA2 wireless encryption, as I hate how current DS's and lite's only work with WEP.

DigDug
11th December 2008, 03:35 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DSi
already out in japan, wont see it till the end of next year :(

Meh... It loses a few good features (GBA slot & battery life) to gain lots of features less desirable to me!

Anyhow* in response to the blatant false advertising of the thread title, here are some of the finest iRecipes around for the contemporary cannibal:
http://savethehumans.com/guilt/tipsandtricks/recipes_for_cannibals/index.shtml
I take no responsibility for the actual use of these recipes on anybody you know :)

roller
11th December 2008, 10:07 AM
thanks for the response brushes

It all sounds rather complicated

Who in WA wants to show me how to do all that crap/? :)

I'll try and figure it out, but geez!!! So many new features and fiddly bits and grahhhhhhhhh why cant it be like the old days?!!! But the game, buy 2 batteries -play and if you wanna battle, connect a link cable.

Technophobe! :p

Kyle
11th December 2008, 10:13 AM
Me or Tets can show you at the next meet.

i_amtrunks
11th December 2008, 10:14 AM
I use the same system as Icey, and I have used the same process on another 4 DS's, and never had a problem "flashing" the older bigger DS's, or the black and white DS Lite's. DS's need to be "flashed" to allow the Supercard to work.

However the new Ice Blue, pink and other newer coloured DS's are so far "unflashable" and thus are not compatible with the Supercard.

iceburn
11th December 2008, 10:16 AM
i think i need an upgrade by next year....this old Supercard one is failing me now! quite irritated by it.

llamatron
11th December 2008, 10:22 AM
I use a "R4" card from Bamboo Gaming (http://bamboogaming.com/), you just plug it in and off you go.

Stompy
11th December 2008, 11:29 AM
Don't be scared of new tech roller. The DS isn't as complicated as it seems.

People have already stated that it can play movies and MP3's using flash cartridges but I'm not sure what the video compatibility is like.

If you just want to play with someone in the same room, you don't need a cable as it has wireless connection so you can play with others wire-free within a good 15 meter radius even through walls.

Playing online will require you to have a wireless broadband connection or get one of the Wifi USB Dongle's that Nintendo sells.

sifun
11th December 2008, 11:36 AM
buy flashcarts from dealextreme.com
Cheapest is probably DSTT or the best is Acekard 2. Supports SDHC (4gb or higher microsds)

I wouldn't get DSi. In my opinion DS Lite is still better. Battery life is a must.
Any of the DSi applications in the future will cost money. Nintendo already has enough cash as it is.

springah
11th December 2008, 11:43 AM
i gots a spare R4 if you want..

hell, i might as well sell my DS and PSP while im at it..

Eruntalon
11th December 2008, 12:03 PM
However the new Ice Blue, pink and other newer coloured DS's are so far "unflashable" and thus are not compatible with the Supercard.

Newer flash cards that fit into Slot 1 on the DS don't require you to flash your DS in order to use their card. All DS's and DS lites are flashable, there are just more complicated methods to doing this. In my honest opinion Flashing your DS is only good if you want to get rid of the Nintendo start up logo's.

...I'm not sure what the video compatibility is like.

Only the video file format .DPG will work - period. it also has to be in the right aspect ratio's to fit the DS's screen otherwise Moonshell will give you an error message. You will also have to make sure you have a few other files on your PC. You can even add subtitle files to your .dpg videos if your original video files had them.

Can't find the original link to Batch DPG but the latest version is the non-beta'd one, batchdpg v1.0.

A tutorial showing you how to use Batch DPG - http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=1fSFW4tkeAY