PDA

View Full Version : Big W feedback

BigTransformerTrev
11th July 2023, 09:59 AM
Ordered 4 items as part of their 2023 Toy Sale. They cancelled 2 of the items but I was only notified of them cancelling 1.

When 3rd item didnt arrive after a week went to check the order status on their site and it showed they canclled a second item but had not refunded me.

Tried to contact them through website and the automated helper thing said 'cannot transfer you to a human as they are all busy. Try our phone line'

Rang the phone line, sat on hold for an hour until I gave up.

Have now opened a PayPal dispute. If that doesn't work I will be in a town with a Big W on Saturday so will go in and raise hell.

Very disappointing, especially considering the items cancelled were discounted on sale, and they were Xmas presents for my kids. :mad:

reillyd
11th July 2023, 08:02 PM
Ordered 4 items as part of their 2023 Toy Sale. They cancelled 2 of the items but I was only notified of them cancelling 1.

When 3rd item didnt arrive after a week went to check the order status on their site and it showed they canclled a second item but had not refunded me.

Tried to contact them through website and the automated helper thing said 'cannot transfer you to a human as they are all busy. Try our phone line'

Rang the phone line, sat on hold for an hour until I gave up.

Have now opened a PayPal dispute. If that doesn't work I will be in a town with a Big W on Saturday so will go in and raise hell.

Very disappointing, especially considering the items cancelled were discounted on sale, and they were Xmas presents for my kids. :mad:

I wonder whether you might get a more sympathetic response from an actual human being in person Trev, especially over the cancelled items being discounted. They might honour the original sale price? I hope so at least….. you’d have to be pretty hard hearted not to when you here it was Xmas presents for your kids.

BigTransformerTrev
20th July 2023, 12:42 PM
I wonder whether you might get a more sympathetic response from an actual human being in person Trev, especially over the cancelled items being discounted. They might honour the original sale price? I hope so at least�.. you�d have to be pretty hard hearted not to when you here it was Xmas presents for your kids.

In the end it took about 9 days from my initial PayPal displute lodgement and a few messages, but I got the refund finally.

Oh and the two items I had cancelled? I found both even cheaper on the Amazon Prime Day sale and recieved them within days so all good for my kids Chrissy :)