PDA

View Full Version : Augmented August 2023

G1Optimal
1st August 2023, 08:02 PM
I got Transformers Studio Seties 86-22 Deluxe Class Brawn from The Gamesmen

I ordered expecting it to arrive on friday night since its on preorder and got it tonight thumbs up to The Gamesmen

Cat
1st August 2023, 08:18 PM
I got Dead End today, FINALLY completing Menasor. And this was end of July, but oops, I got SS Sideswipe courtesy of Jinto, a stand up guy. Thanks again, Jinto!

Deano85
2nd August 2023, 02:20 PM
Legacy Crankcase from The Gamesmen

Handsprime
2nd August 2023, 03:30 PM
Although purchased in July, I only really got a chance to deal with them yesterday.

- Legacy Evolution Dirge from JB Hi-Fi
- Legacy Evolution Soundblaster from Popcultha
- Buzzworthy Bumblebee Tow-Line and Legacy Evolution Medix from The Falcon's Hangar.

Cat
3rd August 2023, 05:51 AM
I got Amazon exclusive Leadfoot and Masterdominus. Leadfoot is an amazing figure, so striking, best use of the mold yet by far. I'd highly recommend him to everyone. I've never bought a Fosssiliser, Masterdomo does have a nice paintjob. I'll sus him out later. However, there's a great big elephant in the room. Amazon just slapped the shipping sticker into the Transformers packaging and mailed it as is, no packaging whatsoever. The box arrived dented and dinged and bashed to hell, but luckily the figures inside were fine. But I am NOT okay with this shipping method. This doesn't seem very Prime. So I'll definitely be making a complaint about that. I was rather outraged, to put it nicely.

GoktimusPrime
3rd August 2023, 08:32 PM
Studio Series 86 Brawn from The Gamesmen; picked up from in store. They still had plenty left. Completely sold out of SS86 Snarls though (luckily I've still got my EB Games preorder due later this month).

Amazon just slapped the shipping sticker into the Transformers packaging and mailed it as is, no packaging whatsoever. The box arrived dented and dinged and bashed to hell, but luckily the figures inside were fine. But I am NOT okay with this shipping method. This doesn't seem very Prime. So I'll definitely be making a complaint about that.
:eek: That's surprising.

My 15th Anniversary 2000 reissue G1 Convoy came packaged in a similar way. Just one layer of gift wrapping paper around the toy with the address and stamps on it. Box was thoroughly scuffed. Mind you, that toy was a freebie, so I couldn't complain. :p But yeah, given that you're a paying customer for this set, I think it's definitely worth lodging a complaint.

Cat
9th August 2023, 12:12 PM
Studio Series 86 Brawn from The Gamesmen; picked up from in store. They still had plenty left. Completely sold out of SS86 Snarls though (luckily I've still got my EB Games preorder due later this month).

:eek: That's surprising.

My 15th Anniversary 2000 reissue G1 Convoy came packaged in a similar way. Just one layer of gift wrapping paper around the toy with the address and stamps on it. Box was thoroughly scuffed. Mind you, that toy was a freebie, so I couldn't complain. :p But yeah, given that you're a paying customer for this set, I think it's definitely worth lodging a complaint.

I did lodge a complaint with them. It was a VERY quick process. Within 2 minutes of explaining what had happened, they checked something in their systems, came back and informed me they'd refunded me the full amount I'd paid. It was up to me if I wanted to keep the items or throw them out. I was flabbergasted by that speed of their service, and by the refund I'd never even asked for. I effusively thanked their customer service rep. I just hope notes got passed on regarding it so it doesn't happen to another poor customer. In all my years I've never received a package like that.

In other news today I bought Legacy G2 Grimlock, Cloud Cover, and Sideswipe. Mirage was sold out, so if any kind soul out there happens upon one they don't want, I will gladly buy it off you.

Dimi194
9th August 2023, 07:19 PM
BB SS102 OP from JB Hi Fi - can't wait to crack him open!

Skyfire
10th August 2023, 05:31 PM
Received my Buzzworthy Studio Series 86 Ironhide/Prowl in the mail from Popcultcha, just over a week from Geelong to Perth. They packed my items very well with air pillows and threw in a surprise gift (Popcultcha brand foam beer holder and badge). That's nice.

Paulbot
10th August 2023, 10:33 PM
My copy of the Generations Deluxe R arrived yesterday. Bit glossier than the last reprint.

Today I used a JB voucher to get a $5 G2 Cloudcover and got a Buzzworthy Ransack from a Facebook seller.

I’ve preordered a lot of bots from Japan too. I feel overspent for the month.

griffin
11th August 2023, 03:47 PM
My copy of the Generations Deluxe R arrived yesterday. Bit glossier than the last reprint.

Is it a straight reprint of the Deluxe edition, or is there anything added or different? (other than it noting that it is a reprint)

Deano85
11th August 2023, 08:26 PM
From JB HiFi

SS-102 RotB Optimus Prime
Legacy G2 Jazz
Legacy Cloudcover
Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus

Paulbot
12th August 2023, 08:28 AM
Is it a straight reprint of the Deluxe edition, or is there anything added or different? (other than it noting that it is a reprint)

Apart from the extra words on cover, same book, another backup copy for me

Deano85
12th August 2023, 02:59 PM
Legacy G2 Sideswipe & Dead End from JB HiFi

Jaxius._
12th August 2023, 10:44 PM
2 powerlinx hot shot’s, bombburst and unfortunately for completionist’s sake an aoe hot shot (well actually that arrived yesterday)

Cat
14th August 2023, 12:02 PM
Received Amazon Wreckers Impactor and Spindle just now. Amazon really treated me all nice, they used a box!

Cat
15th August 2023, 02:42 PM
Received MP Jetfire (finally!), and SS86 Brawn. Love them both.

G1Optimal
15th August 2023, 04:29 PM
Buzzworthy Bumblebee 102 Optimus Prime

klystron
15th August 2023, 08:30 PM
SG Blaster from Amazon.
Lets face it - for the price of a deluxe, this mold is good enough to warrant double-dipping. Especially in those colours.

Dimi194
15th August 2023, 08:34 PM
Legacy Evo Hot Shot and Jolt from JB.

Skyfire
16th August 2023, 03:12 PM
Studio Series 86 Brawn from JB Hi-Fi, price matched. I like this one much better than my LG48 Brawn, which is Hummer-like. SS86 is more 1980s Land Cruiser.

Paulbot
16th August 2023, 03:39 PM
Got Snarl from Amazon, cancelled my original order and reordered the instock version. It was ready to pick up from an Amazon locker 12 hours later! My original order was still two week away.

I've had done the same for Brawn except Amazon's current price for him is $10 more than my order. It'd be cheaper for me to cancel and pick one up at JB. Amazon did email me to say my Brawn had been updated to release day arrival (but the release day is still end of the month).

I have a couple of minor misgivings about Snarl, but seeing him along side the previous three Dinobots, the set looks great.

(Fingers crossed for a decent Gen Selects leader Red Swoop next year)

Skyfire
17th August 2023, 02:12 PM
SS86 Leader Snarl from JB Hi-Fi, price matched to the Myer Afterpay Day sale. And G1 Jazz tee shirt from Kmart on clearance $8.

Dimi194
17th August 2023, 08:06 PM
SS GE Megatron - cut off the knee tabs and he's good to go 😎

klystron
19th August 2023, 03:58 PM
Golden Disk Mutant Tigatron. Another mold so good its worth doubling up on. Especially for the price of a deluxe.
Legacy G2 Cloudcover.
Both from JBHiFi.

Deano85
19th August 2023, 08:26 PM
Legacy Twincast from Big W for $49. Saved me from having to order on Amazon for $60.

Cat
22nd August 2023, 12:53 PM
I finally received my Dying Prowl and Ironhide set from JB HiFi, and I got the old Transformers: A Visual History Limited Edition version book. I didn't know if I had a copy and can't check, so I just bought it again. All pretty basic stuff, doesn't seem to be anything new, but I'm hoping I'll be surprised by something in there. I'll get to it after I finish my Marvel UK reread.

Deano85
22nd August 2023, 03:39 PM
Weaponizer Arcee & Cheetor 2 pack from The Gamesmen

Deano85
23rd August 2023, 03:01 PM
Retro Re-Issue Headmaster Skullcruncher from Toymate.

Paulbot
23rd August 2023, 04:34 PM
Studio Series 86 Brawn. Appreciate the extra touches to the transformation that make this feel "deluxe".

Also tried out Outback mode, those hips will need to be re-engineered, and he'll need some "feet" to keep him stable, but I can see it.

https://i.imgur.com/FW3Fq9Sl.jpg

Dimi194
28th August 2023, 07:16 AM
SS ROTB Rhinox - another nice Maximal from ROTB!