PDA

View Full Version : The conclusion of all that ends well...

JuzMel
12th December 2008, 11:59 AM
Hi dear fembots and malebots,

After all the hoo-haa about the Animated Jetfire/Jetstorm issue, I just wanted to let everyone know that all of us have sort of "hug and make up". :) But that wasn't the only thing I wanted to express here.

The thing I wanted to let everyone know is that majority of the OTCA community are INDEED one caring and sharing bunch. ;) And you know why?

Because of the numbers of PMs, SMSes and phone calls of consolation and offering to buy me the 2-Pack and telling me of other TF deals of sort, I'm just so overwhelmed in the last couple of days.

You know who you are and I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU. :D

It's shows that here in OTCA, it ain't all just about collecting and discussing TFs, it's also about caring and sharing with one another and knowing what comes around goes around. :)

jacksplatt11
12th December 2008, 12:12 PM
You know who you are and I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU. :D

No worries Mel, I know who I am, so thank you to you too

STL
12th December 2008, 08:03 PM
No worries, Mel. Very glad to see that its okay now and you can see this is more than just a place to buy stuff. Glad u got Jetstorm/Jetfire. There was never going to be a shortage of those. (not that there's been a shortage of anything released recently, there's bucketloads of most 'em and I wonder just how many they'll sell given no one even recognises those two yet). I hope finding TK Eastland wasn't too hard either. It's right in your neck of woods too and I'm surprised you haven't visited more often. And hope that Storm Cloud return went okay too. ;)

JuzMel
12th December 2008, 11:48 PM
I hope finding TK Eastland wasn't too hard either. It's right in your neck of woods too and I'm surprised you haven't visited more often. And hope that Storm Cloud return went okay too. ;)

Hehehe lucky I had the GPS with me ( and sowie I kept bugging you with my sms's :p). I've only been there once like ages ago and tonight was the second time. It seems near to Burwood but was actually quite a long drive... took me an hour to get home! :eek: :p

Anyway I guess I never shopped at the Toy Kingdom before and none was accessible to me (thus for the "parano-nity" in the first place). ;) Thanks for the heads-up too btw...

roller
12th December 2008, 11:56 PM
awwwwww i love a happy ending

lets all hug and watch "Friends"

...little do they know, i have my own plans for the Transformers, plans that dont involve the fandom...

autobreadticon
13th December 2008, 12:00 AM
For a moment i thought you had a breakdown ,

turning from this
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/3158/newladyjt7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

to......

this
http://i3.bebo.com/011a/2/mediuml/2007/08/21/18/2594923931a5341708633ml.jpg

iceburn
13th December 2008, 12:01 AM
hahahaha....

Golden Phoenix
13th December 2008, 07:21 PM
lets all hug and watch "Friends"

Sure, as long as STL doesn't sit in front of me. His big head will get in the way
:p

blackie
13th December 2008, 08:25 PM
Sure, as long as STL doesn't sit in front of me. His big head will get in the way
:p

and hed need an extra couch for his ego, that is if he can get it in the door :P

Bartrim
13th December 2008, 09:25 PM
Haven't been around much so I haven't got the full story but I am glad everyone is friends again
:)

k.wong23
13th December 2008, 10:07 PM
No, Thankyou :)

griffin
14th December 2008, 02:42 AM
At least you can be assured Mel, that it wasn't anything malicous or intentionally against you. If they had bought toys and contacted you to laugh at you or rub it in your face, or said to you that they have a spare but you can't have it, then that would be dispicable. The whole situation appeared to be unintentional, and it was only due to a number of certain circumstances that it even happened, making some wonder why you were upset, and others want to comfort you. At least you are reassured that this community are mostly a nice, caring, concerned bunch, and your friendships haven't been lost from something that wasn't done to intentionally upset you.
I recall a time long ago, when someone emailed me to let me know that they had something I really really wanted, and would have sold it to me for $50-60 but could get $150+ for it on ebay, so wasn't going to offer it to me. What sort of person does that? Tease you by telling you about something cheap, but then say that they weren't going to sell it to you anyway because they can get more for it elsewhere. (yes, it still bugs me after all this time)

At least you can still trust your fellow melbourne toy hunters Mel, because they weren't intentionally trying to hurt you, and are still willing to help you out in future.
(mental hug from me :) )

Kyle
14th December 2008, 09:18 AM
What item was it?

TheDirtyDigger
14th December 2008, 10:18 AM
A
I recall a time long ago, when someone emailed me to let me know that they had something I really really wanted, and would have sold it to me for $50-60 but could get $150+ for it on ebay, so wasn't going to offer it to me. What sort of person does that? Tease you by telling you about something cheap, but then say that they weren't going to sell it to you anyway because they can get more for it elsewhere. (yes, it still bugs me after all this time)

LOL Griff.!! I've often been called a tease but never in this context. This is yours mate as it always has been. It was never going on ebay otherwise it would have long ago. Over the past long, long time gone I've alternated been asking Dirge for your address to send it to but I knew he would have told you I was asking for it even if I said 'secret squirrel'. I really wanted to send it when we were all discussing server donations as I figured that would have been better than money in the eyes of the recipient.
But really...what I've been waiting to do...is hand it over in person.
I like to make people happy (albeit women more than men)...and it would bring me great joy to see you content in acquiring something that would fill one of the rare holes in your collection...from me.
Also, and honestly, I have probably forgotten about it more than I've remembered but whenever I've looked at your sig and seen 'Griff's want list' it has twigged.
Sorry mate...time goes quickly and I thought we would have run into each other by now.
Well now you know there's just that little bit more incentive to visit the Garden state once again. :)

P.S. You've spoiled the surprise though.

What item was it?

I'll let Griff tell you. ;)

Kyle
14th December 2008, 10:42 AM
Oh crap. I took a look at the want list and just realised RM22 is on there. I feel bad now. Was the one *under negotiation* ever received?

roller
14th December 2008, 01:17 PM
camp

this thread is so mushy

JuzMel
14th December 2008, 05:49 PM
The whole situation appeared to be unintentional, and it was only due to a number of certain circumstances that it even happened, making some wonder why you were upset, and others want to comfort you.

Yeah it was one of those things that happens during a bad hair day :D and I'm glad things are all good now. People probably comfort me only because it was based on the whole matter in general, not that particular one. Anyway it's all in the past now and I just hope people let it pass too and not target any one of us anymore. ;)

Oh I really hope DD brings you that TF as a surprise one day. ;) And awwww a mental hug fom bossbot, I'm honoured. :)

Golden Phoenix
14th December 2008, 08:00 PM
At least you can still trust your fellow melbourne toy hunters Mel, because they weren't intentionally trying to hurt you, and are still willing to help you out in future.
I think some people just got defensive, which is kind of fair enough. We all tend to do that, it's natural. Although we probably shouldn't

http://moralindifference.com/avas/mentok.png (http://www.birdman.lastvigilante.com/audio/mentok_wooeeeh.wav)

1orion2many
15th December 2008, 10:05 AM
:)Well I'm not giving anyone a hug off this board mental or otherwise, Roller willl get jealous:p:D.

Kyle
15th December 2008, 01:28 PM
:)Well I'm not giving anyone a hug off this board mental or otherwise, Roller willl get jealous:p:D.

You're the only man he loves. :D

1orion2many
15th December 2008, 03:17 PM
You're the only man he loves. :D
That's what worries me:eek::p:D.

griffin
18th December 2008, 11:50 AM
LOL Griff.!! I've often been called a tease but never in this context. This is yours mate as it always has been. It was never going on ebay otherwise it would have long ago. Over the past long, long time gone I've alternated been asking Dirge for your address to send it to but I knew he would have told you I was asking for it even if I said 'secret squirrel'. I really wanted to send it when we were all discussing server donations as I figured that would have been better than money in the eyes of the recipient.
But really...what I've been waiting to do...is hand it over in person.
I like to make people happy (albeit women more than men)...and it would bring me great joy to see you content in acquiring something that would fill one of the rare holes in your collection...from me.
Also, and honestly, I have probably forgotten about it more than I've remembered but whenever I've looked at your sig and seen 'Griff's want list' it has twigged.
Sorry mate...time goes quickly and I thought we would have run into each other by now.
Well now you know there's just that little bit more incentive to visit the Garden state once again. :)

P.S. You've spoiled the surprise though.

I wouldn't be comfortabel getting anything that expensive for free.
I have, and still would, want to pay a fair price for it.
And even if it was treated as a donation for the board, it might make others feel like their much smaller *anonymous* donation was insignificant.
I should be in Melbourne early next year (for the Toyfair, if not, before), so if you still have it then, we can work out something perhaps?

TheDirtyDigger
18th December 2008, 12:14 PM
I wouldn't be comfortabel getting anything that expensive for free.
I have, and still would, want to pay a fair price for it.
And even if it was treated as a donation for the board, it might make others feel like their much smaller *anonymous* donation was insignificant.
I should be in Melbourne early next year (for the Toyfair, if not, before), so if you still have it then, we can work out something perhaps?

K cool. Hopefully I can hit the Toyfair myself as well. There's a couple other things in your list I may be able to help you with. Don't want to tease or get your hopes up as they are my boy's Tf's. Policeman Pete and FAB BB. First I have to find them as I haven't been able to since we moved, and second, I'd have to make sure he was willing to part with them. He's a shrewd five year old.
Anyways....gotta find them first.

griffin
18th December 2008, 12:31 PM
Yeah, let the kid keep his toys. I'm just a collector - kids always come first if they are actually using the toys AS toys (to play with). :)

GoktimusPrime
18th December 2008, 02:35 PM
I play with my toys!!

liegeprime
18th December 2008, 10:40 PM
That's what worries me:eek::p:D.

nothing to worry about orion.... that info might upset Lord Zed though :p:p

roller
18th December 2008, 11:01 PM
nothing to worry about orion.... that info might upset Lord Zed though :p:p

we have an open relationship :D