PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Loss Prevention message sent to me regarding a transformer sale

Eruntalon
14th December 2008, 06:08 PM
I just received this message through ebay suggesting that I have been subjected to fraud.

It seems as though the seller 'bobthelyon07' whom I recently purchased a G1 Mirage from is no longer a registered user, and this recent transaction is being investigated? Apparently it was fraudulent? I paid for Mirage through PayPal, and it seems as though a case has automatically been opened through PayPal by ebay to get my money back without me havingdone anything. It's a bit confusing as this has never happened to me, and I have no way of contacting the seller. I have yet to receive Mirage and doubt that I will ever receive him if this was indeed a fraudulent sale. Original sensored message below:

Hello blam_eruntalon (******@*****),

Thank you for your bid on the following listing:

280293450670 - VINTAGE 1984 TRANSFORMERS MIRAGE 100% C8.5

However, eBay has had to remove the listing. All bids or offers have been cancelled. As a result you no longer have any obligation to purchase this item.

We hope you understand that due to privacy reasons we're unable to discuss the details of why this listing was ended.

*Important*
We strongly recommend that you do not go ahead with the purchase however if you have already paid for this item but haven't received it, you need to act quickly to get your money back.

- Contact your bank to stop payment if you paid by cheque or bank deposit.

- Contact your credit card company if you paid by credit card.

- If you paid with PayPal, you may be eligible for up to $20,000 in PayPal Buyer Protection. To file a dispute go to the Resolution Centre in My eBay and click on I haven't received it yet or I received an item that does not match the seller's description.

If you have any questions, please contact us at:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/contact_ebay.html

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety team

H19340

Has this ever happened to anyone before? If so what was the final result? I don't think I'm going to lose my money as I used PayPal.

jaydisc
14th December 2008, 06:22 PM
How did you fund the PayPal transaction?

griffin
14th December 2008, 06:24 PM
No, this has never happened to me.
But just follow their instructions, and you'll get your money back.

TheDirtyDigger
14th December 2008, 07:07 PM
At a guess I would say it was a KO Mirage that somebody has reported.

Eruntalon
14th December 2008, 07:28 PM
At a guess I would say it was a KO Mirage that somebody has reported.

But the seller's account has completely disappeared, along with any of the listings that they also had on ebay.

TheDirtyDigger
14th December 2008, 08:17 PM
Ebay can suspend the account for selling counterfeit goods.
Like I said though....at a guess.

iceburn
15th December 2008, 07:31 AM
i just received one too on the bid i made and won last Thursday (i think) but i've told seller that i won't be paying till after Christmas and luckily i didn't pay eariler:

http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gif Hello icebu12n (icebu12n@yahoo.com),

Thank you for your bid on the following listing:

280293434434 - G1 Transformers 1988 Targetmaster Landfill 100%

However, eBay has had to remove the listing. All bids or offers have been cancelled. As a result you no longer have any obligation to purchase this item.

We hope you understand that due to privacy reasons we're unable to discuss the details of why this listing was ended.

*Important*
We strongly recommend that you do not go ahead with the purchase however if you have already paid for this item but haven't received it, you need to act quickly to get your money back.

- Contact your bank to stop payment if you paid by cheque or bank deposit.

- Contact your credit card company if you paid by credit card.

- If you paid with PayPal, you may be eligible for up to $20,000 in PayPal Buyer Protection. To file a dispute go to the Resolution Centre in My eBay and click on I haven't received it yet or I received an item that does not match the seller's description.

If you have any questions, please contact us at:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/contact_ebay.html

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety team

H19340

jaydisc
15th December 2008, 07:46 AM
I ask you again how you funded your paypal transaction, as if you funded it with a credit card I would stop-payment at your bank ASAP!

Eruntalon
15th December 2008, 10:13 AM
I ask you again how you funded your paypal transaction, as if you funded it with a credit card I would stop-payment at your bank ASAP!

It was via PayPal direct payment from my bank account, not credit card.

Also, PayPal seems to be in the process of reversing the payment that I made, and the money I payed to the seller is suspended at the moment, and their case closed:

Temporary Hold Information: This temporary hold was placed because your Direct Debit or Bank Funding payment was denied, cancelled, or refunded.The funds from this payment cannot be released until they have arrived from your bank account, which usually takes 5-7 working days.

I don't understand why it says 'until they have arrived from your bank account' as it should be going back into my bank account and not from it?

Total Amount:
$**.** AUD(pending)
This payment amount will be credited back to your PayPal account when the transfer from your bank account has completed.

Does this mean I'm getting my money back in 5-7 working days?