PDA

View Full Version : Gifts under $20 - merch display cases at AUS stores.

griffin
14th December 2008, 07:52 PM
Mentioned somewhere else about seeing one of these at BigW Target CBD store on Friday, and seeing them today at two Targets suggests that these might only be found at Target stores (at least, so far).

They are a square cardboard display stand with two sides of 8 alcoves, pre-filled with small sized toys. The one with Transformers has the Transformers on one side, and Star Wars on the other. I also saw some other merch stands for other (Hasbro) toylines, so it's not just for TFs and SWs.
They have as their signage - 'Gifts under $20' - so these are likely to only be out for Christmas, and any remaining figures would get put in the regular toy section.

They contain Activators (Optimus, Ratchet, Bulkhead, Lockdown, Thundercracker, Patrol Bumblebee), Bumper Battlers (Nightwatch Optimus, Stingracer Bumblebee, and probably some others), and Robot Heroes (latest six 2-packs).

Be aware that these display cases are likely to not be in or near the toy section. Each store I have seen them in, has had them either at the entrance of the store, or in one of the main walkways throughout the store.

Golden Phoenix
14th December 2008, 08:04 PM
Be aware that these display cases are likely to not be in or near the toy section. Each store I have seen them in, has had them either at the entrance of the store, or in one of the main walkways throughout the store.

I hate it when they do that. I once found Lego, half price, in the gardening section!
WTF?!?! How am I going to find it there?
I never go there!

griffin
14th December 2008, 11:25 PM
Just editted my posting above, because I just realised that it was the CBD Target store, not the CBD BigW store. Sorry about that. If you see them in a BigW or Kmart, or anywhere else, post about it here.