PDA

View Full Version : G1 prime parts needed.

d*r*j*
14th December 2008, 11:41 PM
Hey people... I have recently had a pretty significant death in the collection. My old G1 Ultra Magnus (the unpainted, plastic wheeled cheapo) had his elbows seize... leading to one forearm snapping off. I also have a running battle keeping my G1 Optimus Prime in one piece.

If anyone has junkers/ spare parts/ spare fists (especially for UM) that they would like to sell... drop me a pm, let me know what you've got and we can take it from there...

Thanks
Daniel

roller
15th December 2008, 12:04 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

iceburn
15th December 2008, 12:06 AM
Hey people... I have recently had a pretty significant death in the collection. My old G1 Ultra Magnus (the unpainted, plastic wheeled cheapo) had his elbows seize... leading to one forearm snapping off. I also have a running battle keeping my G1 Optimus Prime in one piece.

If anyone has junkers/ spare parts/ spare fists (especially for UM) that they would like to sell... drop me a pm, let me know what you've got and we can take it from there...

Thanks
Daniel

argh..another Dan... :D
i've got a junker UM but has got 2 broken smokestacks and a broken arm too. got all wheel if you want.

d*r*j*
15th December 2008, 12:55 AM
What's broken on the arm? Does the other arm move freely at the elbow joint?

jgon2098
15th December 2008, 12:59 AM
i dont have a junker as such.

its a G1 unbroken rubber wheeled version UM cab.

let me know if your interested

iceburn
15th December 2008, 07:29 AM
What's broken on the arm? Does the other arm move freely at the elbow joint?

i'll show you pics tonight ...but i've sort of painted my own white paint over it too...prob not a good choice to fix your UM...

d*r*j*
15th December 2008, 10:55 AM
Just to clarify...

I am mainly after the following things;

1) the elbow joints from Ultra Magnus

2) large left fist/ both small fists UM

3) Possibly a right shoulder joint from Optimus Prime*

*This really depends on the possibility of removing/ replacing the part in question... I would really have to have a junker to try this on before I subjected my favorite Childhood toy to this surgery.

iceburn
15th December 2008, 10:57 AM
Just to clarify...

I am mainly after the following things;

1) the elbow joints from Ultra Magnus

any particular arm? i think the right elbow arm is busted due to "brute force"

d*r*j*
15th December 2008, 11:02 AM
any particular arm? i think the right elbow arm is busted due to "brute force"

Yeah both arms. they both seized up completely and I snapped the left one in frustration... probably not even worth fixing but it's got pretty high sentimental value.

GoktimusPrime
15th December 2008, 11:16 AM
I think this thread should've been posted here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=14). This is the "for sale" section, not the "wanted" section.

kup
15th December 2008, 11:25 AM
Another thing to try later on is wait for the millions of 25th Anni Primes to be priced down enough for them to be affordable (I think it will happen, they have too many and its a crap toy due to bad 'Hasbroesque' decisions). Then you can take the chrome parts and general accessories from it. If you feel creative enough you may be able to get parts out and repaint them from pink to red.

d*r*j*
15th December 2008, 11:31 AM
I think this thread should've been posted here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=14). This is the "for sale" section, not the "wanted" section.

Yes, you are probably right... In my haste I seem to have mistaken this for a buy/sell/trade sub forum... do we need a mod to fix this?

d*r*j*
15th December 2008, 11:37 AM
Another thing to try later on is wait for the millions of 25th Anni Primes to be priced down enough for them to be affordable (I think it will happen, they have too many and its a crap toy due to bad 'Hasbroesque' decisions). Then you can take the chrome parts and general accessories from it. If you feel creative enough you may be able to get parts out and repaint them from pink to red.

The optimus part I need is internal enough not to need a repaint... I think. The thing that worries me about doing this is that the new toy has noticably lower quality plastic in it.

Maybe I should buy an encore and transfer the red feet...

dirge
15th December 2008, 06:56 PM
Moved.

jgon2098
15th December 2008, 10:22 PM
Shipped out the UM this afternoon. Hopefully you'll get it sometime this week.

d*r*j*
16th December 2008, 12:41 AM

Thanks Jgon2098... much appreciated.

Everyone else... I really need a G1 prime junker! Mainly for the right shoulder/ right upper arm. If there are none around I'm considering biting the bucket and buying one from the states...

***note edited this as I initially wrote left for op and I need his right shoulder...

d*r*j*
17th December 2008, 08:41 PM

Ultra Magnus arrived today. Thanks jgon2098... I'm really happy with it.