PDA

View Full Version : Movie Toy Sightings.

Pages : 1 [2] 3

STL
12th April 2008, 09:34 AM
Not a half bad idea jay.

Btw, what do JC and OC stand for? I know Salvage is that Autobot repaint of Dropkick but yeah, who are those other 2?

Jungle Bonecrusher and Overcast. Stealth BBs the other one.

Thanatos
12th April 2008, 09:57 AM
Ah now I see. I am yet to see Jungle Bonecrusher anywhere but there's plenty of Overcasts around -_-

jaydisc
12th April 2008, 11:55 AM
Ah now I see. I am yet to see Jungle Bonecrusher anywhere but there's plenty of Overcasts around -_-

Typical Hasbro demand insight. I've seen them both a few times, but at nearly a 3-to-1 ratio.

iceburn
12th April 2008, 12:05 PM
i think i missed out on Premium Bumblebee from Minotaur
well, hope Paul will keep a lookout when he goes to checkout next week :P

Pulse
12th April 2008, 12:36 PM

The only place I've ever seen these 2 was at Kmart. Maybe they got some sort of exclusive or something?

lcz128
12th April 2008, 07:23 PM
I was there today- When I rocked in after work- they had plenty of stealth bumblees, some overcast, some stockade, some JCs and 3 salvages. Gimme premium Jazz! :D

iceburn
12th April 2008, 09:17 PM
I was there today- When I rocked in after work- they had plenty of stealth bumblees, some overcast, some stockade, some JCs and 3 salvages. Gimme premium Jazz! :D

so what did you get?? April's acquisition please. :o

SilverDragon
13th April 2008, 09:19 PM
I already have a normal BC, so I'll pass on the repaint. I'm thinking of maybe getting another figure, but maybe I should save my money for Animated.

Paulbot
16th April 2008, 08:49 PM
I checked out K-Mart tonight, last day of their sale, to see if they had anything new. There was a Robot Replica Frenzy which I'd not seen before, and lots of the first few Movie Legends.

I was surprised by the Movie Scouts being there as I don't recall seeing them in K-Mart before. They were $16.99 and they had Armorhide, Air Raid, Elita-One, Clocker, Sighal Flare and Hardtop.

iceburn
16th April 2008, 09:49 PM
darn..where are the new releases???
Paul, have you checked out Minotaur as yet?
wanna know if they have restocked

jaydisc
16th April 2008, 09:50 PM
I did a run this morning...

Target still had bucketloads of old Voyagers, mostly Megatron with some (green) Ratchets and Starscreams. They had 1 each of Ironhide and Blackout which I grabbed. They were also just unloading lots of wave 1 of Screen Battles (these are gonna shelf warm I reckon). Lots of deluxes, mostly the wave(s) including Wreckage, Arcee, Longarm and others. Lots of legends too. Cylindrical Ult BBs as well.

At Kmart, there were more Starscreams and Screen Battles and scouts as Paul mentioned, but not much else.

Myer and TRU had very little.

Paulbot
16th April 2008, 09:57 PM
darn..where are the new releases???
Paul, have you checked out Minotaur as yet?
wanna know if they have restocked

I haven't been down to Minotaur yet. There's no Transformers on the Diamond Shipping List this week (but the Deluxe Assortment was last week) so they likely won't be restocked so soon.

jaydisc
16th April 2008, 09:59 PM
There's no Transformers on the Diamond Shipping List this week (but the Deluxe Assortment was last week) so they likely won't be restocked so soon.

Diamond Shipping List? What is this???

iceburn
16th April 2008, 10:08 PM
Diamond Shipping List? What is this???

+1 and jay...if you do spot the mysterious Barricade (original movie one), please grab one for me at any price in the stores

Paulbot
16th April 2008, 10:08 PM
A comic thing mentioned in relation to how Minotaur is not likely to have new toys.

Diamond Comics delivers comics and merchandise to comic stores worldwide. Each week you can check the list and see what comics are coming out, and last week's list had a TF Deluxe Case on the list which Minotaur must have ordered.
http://previews.diamondcomics.com/public/default.asp?t=1&m=1&c=6&s=428&ai=65208

jaydisc
16th April 2008, 10:18 PM
Very interesting... Do keep us posted about future updates in there.

+1 and jay...if you do spot the mysterious Barricade (original movie one), please grab one for me at any price in the stores

I'm on it ;)

STL
16th April 2008, 10:21 PM
Very interesting... Do keep us posted about future updates in there.

I'm on it ;)

I think it's a new trend as Minotaur very rarely even got those in in the past. I see them all the time in the Shipping Lists since I'm a comic collector as well. As w/ all things these days, it's very likely movie related. I droped by yesterday and Steath BBs and Salvage were still there plus old Overcasts and Jungle BCs.

Salvage is really shiny red!

reillyd
17th April 2008, 04:03 PM
Don't know if this is old news or not, but my local Toyworlds have all restocked on deluxe, and selling for 24.99.

Pulse
17th April 2008, 04:49 PM
Don't know if this is old news or not, but my local Toyworlds have all restocked on deluxe, and selling for 24.99.

They're the cylinder shaped ones, right?

Burn
18th April 2008, 11:23 AM
Wandered into the local Target Country (aka Fosseys) to have a look for some cheap shirts for the gym, and instead found an end point with more scouts and deluxes that shop will ever sell.

My first thought was "whoah ... that's more TF's than this store has ever stocked since it's been open"
My second thought was "this stuff is never going to sell. KITBASH MATERIAL!!!!!"

Tropisetron
18th April 2008, 02:56 PM
I've actually seen some deluxes (including bumblebee) at Target Rundle mall, Adelaide yesterday.

All deluxes going for 19.99 there.

Hope this is useful for some of you...

Autocon
18th April 2008, 10:17 PM
morley galleria target myer kmart

they have real-gear scouts deluxes voyagers leaders

myer the more expenseive

they are all the originals - normal bonecrusher wreckage arcee etc
leader OP is nightwatch

aaannnd apprantly that construction in the carpark near target is going to be BigW

STL
18th April 2008, 11:27 PM
I went and the TF drought is over. Plenty of stuff on the shelves (though you'll be hard pressed to find any of the movie characters). Plenty of extended universe characters like Longarm, Landmine, Stockade, Dropkick, Payload, Arcee etc.

I think you guys are right, those Battle Packs are so going to shelf warm. Lots of Leader Megatron, BRawl and Nightwatch Primes.

It does raise the issue, did Hasbro Australia really stuff up? I mean, you sell the periphery movie items when the movie is still on a high, not when its been almost a year later and the buzz is gone. There was a time when Dropkick or Payload would've been lucky to find. Now, they're just shelfwarmers. Wouldn;t it have been better to meet demand by resupplyying original movie characters? Then again, they are doing that in a way w/ Premiums though I must say it is rather annoying seeing 12 Voyager Megatrons at several stores. Of all the moulds that was the one we least needed.

Lots of Robot Replicas too.

Unforunately no new Robot Heroes :( or Titaniums :(. *taps foot* I'm getting very impatient...

Autocon
18th April 2008, 11:35 PM
havnt seen PL only one n i bought it

piece of #@**#

voyager megs and ss u mean lol

iceburn
18th April 2008, 11:49 PM
i didnt even see those new Real Gear or Scout waves that appeared in Asia since Feburary. what's the problem with Hasbro???? Major c**k-ups

jaydisc
18th April 2008, 11:54 PM
c**k-ups

:confused:

:D

Kyle
18th April 2008, 11:55 PM
I still want a Voyager First Strike Optimus Prime... :(

k.wong23
20th April 2008, 12:34 AM
lots of nightwatch primes, brawls and megatron leaders at Big W melb cbd :)

Classics prime at Myer bourke but they wouldn't let it go for Voyager $34.95 price -_- they argued it was not a 'movie' toy. Stupid old ladies jeez who cares?

Its 49.95 there...

Paulbot
20th April 2008, 02:06 PM
I saw the Bumblebee and Ratchet roleplay blasters in store for the first time today at Target, $40 each.

Demonac
20th April 2008, 03:35 PM
Saw a couple of the 'Battle Packs' at Kmart for $32 I believe.
The Longarm one, and the Barricade one.

iceburn
20th April 2008, 06:41 PM
I saw the Bumblebee and Ratchet roleplay blasters in store for the first time today at Target, $40 each.

+1 but i saw it at $30 or $26.99 to be exact. maybe i'm wrong as i didnt scan them. sounds and look interesting but i'll wait for a sale before buying them :P

bring on the new waves Hasbro!!!! your vivid fans await!!

E|dan
20th April 2008, 08:24 PM
saw quite a number of blackout + scorponok double pack in TRU knox....going for 60 dollars IF im not mistaken

Paulbot
20th April 2008, 09:24 PM
+1 but i saw it at $30 or $26.99 to be exact. maybe i'm wrong as i didnt scan them. sounds and look interesting but i'll wait for a sale before buying them :P

I didn't scan them either so the price tag I saw in front of them might have been for some other toy instead :o :confused:

kay-al
21st April 2008, 04:43 PM
lots of nightwatch primes, brawls and megatron leaders at Big W melb cbd :)

Classics prime at Myer bourke but they wouldn't let it go for Voyager $34.95 price -_- they argued it was not a 'movie' toy. Stupid old ladies jeez who cares?

Its 49.95 there...

Ohhh.... I managed to get Classics prime and jetfire for $34.95 each at Myer bourke two weeks back when the sales just started. *Probably they haven't found out the difference between 'movie' and 'classics' voyager then*:)

autobreadticon
22nd April 2008, 04:20 PM
have the 5 movie robot heroes pack released at BIGW yet?

E|dan
22nd April 2008, 04:46 PM
kay al...are there many more classics prime there?

Pulse
22nd April 2008, 04:49 PM
have the 5 movie robot heroes pack released at BIGW yet?

Haven't seen 'em. But what I have seen is a bunch of 4-pack Iron Man robot heroes at quite a few Targets. Maybe Hasbro have turned their attention elsewhere? :rolleyes:

Kyle
23rd April 2008, 09:44 AM
Haven't seen 'em. But what I have seen is a bunch of 4-pack Iron Man robot heroes at quite a few Targets. Maybe Hasbro have turned their attention elsewhere? :rolleyes:

Paid Target a visit lunch time yesterday. There was a Hasbro rep visiting and "tidying up" their shelves. A mum was with her son asking if the kid wanted a Transformer toy. The little brat said no he wanted "the new Iron Man toy"... :o

That said I also like Iron Man myself... :p
Can't wait to see the movie next week. :D

Pulse
23rd April 2008, 11:10 AM
There was a Hasbro rep visiting and "tidying up" their shelves.

:( Why can't we be Hasbro Reps? Maybe it's because we wouldn't bite our tongues & fall into line. Stupid Hasbro & their Aussie Distribution system that is months behind the US'.

darockk
24th April 2008, 04:55 PM
spotted Nightwatch Prime Legends and Stealth Starscrem Legends 2 pack at Big W.

iceburn
24th April 2008, 08:50 PM
Nothing new at Myer!!! kind of sucky for a toy sale with such great discounts for the past 3 days (including today)

kay-al
24th April 2008, 09:43 PM
kay al...are there many more classics prime there?

No, there were only two classics prime and one jetfire. And with me getting one of each - there was only one prime left on the shelf. That must be the prime that k.wong23 was referring to...

Kyle
24th April 2008, 10:07 PM
Saw a bunch of Legends 2-packs in a Kmart today.

autobreadticon
24th April 2008, 10:19 PM
toy kingdom is the best bet for classics voyager prime, megatron and jetfire

tk at eastland are basically shelf warmers, i even helped arrange the boxes more cooly for people to buy them

E|dan
25th April 2008, 12:46 AM
are they on sale in TK? i can only afford sale transformers for now :( been dying to get my hands on classics megatron and prime for ages..

jaydisc
25th April 2008, 08:50 AM
Myer has a sale on Movie Voyagers, but that catalog isn't too specific. If you could find them at a Myer and sweet talk a bit, you could get them for $35 each. Haven't seen Megs around in ages though. You could instead try to just grab the Myer catalaog and get someone else to price match a Classic Voyager.

E|dan
25th April 2008, 12:14 PM
Thanks on the info..never done price matching before..mayb i should try..

jaydisc
25th April 2008, 03:32 PM
Pretty sure the sale ends tomorrow.

Sorry, ends Sunday (http://myer.dynamiccatalogue.com.au/portal/)

Tommy K
25th April 2008, 05:00 PM
ok blue mountain bots, in penrith you have several ultimate class bumblebee toys, plus a whole heap of deluxes and 1 or 2 leader classes

Kyle
26th April 2008, 04:06 PM
Movie Premium Deluxes (in tube packaging) spotted at Big W.

iceburn
26th April 2008, 04:20 PM
Movie Premium Deluxes (in tube packaging) spotted at Big W.

Premium premiums or allspark?

griffin
26th April 2008, 04:31 PM
Tube packaging are the allspark toys (with blue highlights on the toys). Premium toys are in regular packaging, but have a silver strip insert in the top of the bubble, which usually has an insert saying 'Automorph technology).

Kyle
26th April 2008, 04:33 PM
Premium premiums or allspark?

Pretty sure they were premium premiums. :p

http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TFMLEVRVJAZZ&lang=us&CatID=1_47

http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TFMLEVRVBR&lang=us&CatID=1_47

http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TFMLEVRVBARR&lang=us&CatID=1_47

Not so sure if simply adding extra blue paints here and there really do make them premiums... :D Still tempted to get a BumbleBee though, but the Big W I went to only had the other 3 characters left: Barricade, Brawl and Jazz.

Edit: My bad. I really thought these were premiums... :o:p:D

iceburn
26th April 2008, 04:38 PM
i've saw the allspark (round tube) bumblebee, let me know if you still want it from Melbourne

Kyle
26th April 2008, 04:42 PM
i've saw the allspark (round tube) bumblebee, let me know if you still want it from Melbourne

Thanks for that! I'll try one more Big W today. If they don't have any I'll be sure to let you know. And sorry about the false alarm... :p:D

iceburn
26th April 2008, 06:10 PM
nah, that's fine

jaydisc
26th April 2008, 07:03 PM
Saw all the current allspark deluxes and some voyagers at Myer today

Paulbot
26th April 2008, 08:46 PM
New Real Gear recolours spotted at Big W today: Farsight, Photon, Twitcher, and Midnighter.

MV75
29th April 2008, 02:22 PM
Today

Bigw: Heaps of regular brawls, recon barricade, bonecrusher, arcee, longarm, dropkick, couple of bumbles. Allsparks jazz, brawl, bumbles, barricades. Allsparks are really crap compared to regular carded toys IMO the blue ruins them. Voyager megs, screamer, ratchet.

Target: Other wave that had a few scorpys, final battle jazz, etc.

No premiums anywhere yet. They should actually have the silver highlight around the bubble with "Premium series" written in it.
________
Winning (http://winningentrepreneur.com/)

cygnus
30th April 2008, 01:11 AM
QLD TOYWORLD: all spark cylinder deluxe, V class (evac, 1st prime, off road ironhide), and heaps of bumblebee 08 and other old all sparks deluxe.

iceburn
30th April 2008, 08:29 AM
wow..finally seeing first strike prime here with EVAC and off-road ironhide

sifun
30th April 2008, 10:29 AM
They're the allspark powered, premium is a bit different

Pulse
30th April 2008, 02:54 PM
QLD TOYWORLD: all spark cylinder deluxe, V class (evac, 1st prime, off road ironhide), and heaps of bumblebee 08 and other old all sparks deluxe.

wow..finally seeing first strike prime here with EVAC and off-road ironhide

See, We were going to eventually see these Voyager figures released in the stores. I believe my sighting that day back on March the 6th was probably Hasbro Aus pulling out the widest range possible for a one-off display :rolleyes:.

I'M BACK BABY!

I just came back from the "Rouse Hill Town Centre" Shopping Centre. Today was the opening of the 2nd stage. It's more packed than a tin of sardines.

Target: All the normal figures restocked

Big W: Wooh Ha! Wooh Ha! It looks like Hasbro Aus has forked out quite a few dollars for an upfront & centre display in the toy section. A massive display area full of TFs. Besides the usual restocking, I also saw 7 odd Leader Nightwatch Primes, Voyager Evacs - Offroad Ironhides - First Strike Primes and Deluxe Stockades aplenty.

For those of you who are wondering if I could go back & snag you one or two figures, not bloody likely. That place is jampacked full of people!

& to think Hasbro Aus has been sitting on these figures for months (Potential Profits going down the drain...)

lhec
1st May 2008, 10:37 PM
saw heaps of bigdaddy, jolt and divebomb at target high point - $26.99 each..

Paulbot
1st May 2008, 10:44 PM
Cool find! Good to see they have arrived here.

STL
1st May 2008, 10:45 PM
saw heaps of bigdaddy, jolt and divebomb at target high point - $26.99 each..

Interesting.... they're here before the long overdue Voyagers. I've already got two sets at an average piece of $19 but would love to grab one or two more of big daddy and jolt at $20.

iceburn
1st May 2008, 11:43 PM
nice find larry...anything else that's new.
i might go toy hunting tomorrow and probably catch Ironman movie

Pulse
2nd May 2008, 12:53 AM
I saw quite a few of those Cybertron Deluxe repaints in Big Daddy, Jolt, Grindcore & Divebomb at a local Target too. They weren't even in the system yet :rolleyes:. PM for location (Remember - "Parts Unknown" is located somewhere in Sydney :))

cygnus
2nd May 2008, 04:21 PM
oh...also forgot to report that incinerator is also spotted in the other day.....

iceburn
2nd May 2008, 07:03 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh went to city area..no new toys yet.
more hunting tomorrow

Fungal Infection
3rd May 2008, 05:29 PM
Ultra recolours Jetstorm and Jetfire seen at TRU Bankstown, 39.99 each.

Borgeman
3rd May 2008, 09:04 PM

lol

anyway, i went past highpoint, and saw quite a bit...
Target:
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x24/borgeman/03052008364.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x24/borgeman/03052008365.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x24/borgeman/03052008366.jpg

Big W:
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x24/borgeman/03052008367.jpg

Myer:
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x24/borgeman/03052008368.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x24/borgeman/03052008369.jpg

TRU was the only exception, very little bar a bazillion ult bees....

George

iceburn
4th May 2008, 12:40 AM
nice shots george...i've also spotted lots of TFs on the shelves and the new items and on sale ones to be mentioned here are:

New Twitcher, Farsight and Midnighter Real Gears - BigW @ $14.74
New SWTFs x 2 - Myer also already bought by Dirge @ $34.99
Transformers Monopoly is once again on sale @ $40

Paulbot
4th May 2008, 04:46 PM
I saw the 4 Walmart deluxes as well as the All Spark Cylinder ones at Target today, but otherwise the shopping centre was pretty bare. I did notice that Toys R Us have moved the Ult Bumblebee's to the high shelves where they may sit for quite a while like the Supreme Cheetors did.

iceburn
4th May 2008, 09:50 PM
New movie deluxes too at Target!!

Tommy K
5th May 2008, 03:32 PM
lol

anyway, i went past highpoint, and saw quite a bit...

TRU was the only exception, very little bar a bazillion ult bees....

George

say where are those places i saw a few toys there i really wanna get

iceburn
5th May 2008, 04:23 PM
kuzzy, borge is from Melbourne and they are pics from stores in Highpoint
what are the few toys that you really want.

I guess you should ask fellow fans in Sydney via the WTB thread - Bumblebee The Toy Scout (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=14) first and unless Sydney doesn't have any of those, we could work something out for you here

Autocon
5th May 2008, 06:49 PM
PERTH PEEPS!!!!!!!!!!

ofcourse u already know this but there in!

Target Galleria
divebomb jolt bigdaddy (grindcore (saw only one)
$27! the recomended ripoff price RIP

anywhy if u wanted to know and didnt already

they alll have that stupid ativation key sh*t!! is not needed

and the cylinder deluxes of originals

*see above photo for reconstructive purposes* :P note: reduce number of items

STL
5th May 2008, 07:37 PM
I saw the Optimus rig blaster w/ FAB Prime for the first time. I think it was $55. Meh on that FAB.

i_amtrunks
6th May 2008, 10:02 AM

Thats a bloody good price for an Ultra figure...
Too bad that Wingblade would look terrible when combined with Cybertron Prime, which is the only real reason to buy the figure.

iceburn
6th May 2008, 10:15 AM
haha trunks..are u serious in using Wingblade (Wingsaber) to combine with Cybertron Optimus Prime?? *kekeke*

so that sighting is true that Ultras are just $39.99..haven't spotted them here yet though

i_amtrunks
6th May 2008, 11:56 AM
haha trunks..are u serious in using Wingblade (Wingsaber) to combine with Cybertron Optimus Prime?? *kekeke*

No, thankfully I got me a Cybertron Wing Sabre that looks alright with Prime. The toy by itself is very 'meh' though, it's best redeeming feature is the combination with Prime.

The_Damned
6th May 2008, 02:09 PM
i am after big daddy,grindcore, incinerator and evac if anyone can get them for me??

iceburn
6th May 2008, 03:01 PM
i am after big daddy,grindcore, incinerator and evac if anyone can get them for me??

what's your budget????

Pulse
6th May 2008, 03:24 PM
Spotted all the Real Gear repaints in Big W - Westpoint Blacktown.

I'm guessing the only people buying these will be parents for their tantrum-throwing kids. :rolleyes:

iceburn
6th May 2008, 03:29 PM
I'm guessing the only people buying these will be parents for their tantrum-throwing kids. :rolleyes:

me = tantrum-throwing kids

autobreadticon
6th May 2008, 03:39 PM
TK has unleased for $15 from $50
Robot replicas @ $15 from $30

i_amtrunks
6th May 2008, 03:40 PM
me = tantrum-throwing kids

Me too, and I could nab them if I race from the station to get there before they close tonight.

But with the Parra fair coming up, I'll be good!

The_Damned
6th May 2008, 05:10 PM
what's your budget????

i can afford to pay the normal retail price, maybe not all at once though...

dirge
6th May 2008, 06:56 PM
No, thankfully I got me a Cybertron Wing Sabre that looks alright with Prime. The toy by itself is very 'meh' though, it's best redeeming feature is the combination with Prime.

I have Wing Saber, and love him. No interest in Prime at all. So there ya go :)

Pipesqueak
6th May 2008, 09:02 PM
No interest in Cybertron Prime?? But he's awesome!!!!

dirge
6th May 2008, 09:31 PM
Hasbro's leader toys rarely interest me. They seem to be more electronic playset than the smaller toys who focus more on being a Transformer. Movie Prime is a welcome exception (:

Kyle
6th May 2008, 09:39 PM
Hasbro's leader toys rarely interest me. They seem to be more electronic playset than the smaller toys who focus more on being a Transformer. Movie Prime is a welcome exception (:

I also like Leader Prime's gimmick. :)

Autocon
6th May 2008, 11:37 PM
when will the premuim series b out?

sifun
7th May 2008, 11:05 AM
Big W in the city has bonecrusher, dreadwing, swindle, old bumblebee and wreckage. 1 voyager ice megatron. A few leader nightwatch optimus, leader brawl, leader megatron.

jaydisc
7th May 2008, 11:12 AM
when will the premuim series b out?

No one knows....

If we assume the same delay that was in place for 1st Strike Prime/Offroad Ironhide/Evac etc, they're another couple months off still.

STL
7th May 2008, 11:44 AM
Love the new sig, Jay. :D

Kyle
7th May 2008, 12:15 PM
Love the new sig, Jay. :D

They can always make the "Fire Guts" version of Skylynx... :p

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=1096

Tiby
7th May 2008, 01:41 PM
Voyager Evac and First Strike Optimus Prime at TRU

griffin
7th May 2008, 09:18 PM
Saw heaps of the new Movie Blasters (Ratchet and Bumblebee) at TRU Garden City (Brisbane) yesterday. I think they were $40 each.
But nothing else new anywhere at GC, which has a Kmart and BigW as well. :(

fatbot
8th May 2008, 10:58 AM
found new movie figures (1st strike prime,off road ironhide, evac) at tru parramatta, including the cybertron wing saber & jetfire repaints.

also sheriffs mini cars on church st parramatta has a g1 metroplex in the original box for $399.95, not sure if it's misb or not, i didn't have the time to check.

Pulse
8th May 2008, 11:18 AM
also sheriffs mini cars on church st parramatta has a g1 metroplex in the original box for $399.95, not sure if it's misb or not, i didn't have the time to check.

That's been there for a while:

I was in Parra today so I decided to pop into Sheriff's Mini Cars. I was looking for that Binaltech Jazz but I couldn't see him anywhere.

Anyway, the back section where they have their sci-fi stuff (including TFs) on the floor was a boxed G1 Metroplex The box looked pretty ratty & how much did they want for it? $400 Bloody hell, I didn't even bother checking it for missing bits & pieces (It's a given that some things were missing).

That's the first time I've seen an actual G1 in Sheriff's before. Even their Beast Machines stuff seemed to be jacked up in price compared to the last time I was there. $400 for a boxed Metroplex? Boxed Fort Max's go for $500 odd on Demonbay and they wanted $400 odd for a smaller & not nearly as cool cityformer? Damn Scalpers. :mad: I hope that Metroplex sits there & rots for all of eternity - it'll sure teach those Scalpers at Sheriff's a lesson.

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=696

I don't think they're ever gonna move it for that price :rolleyes:

Kyle
8th May 2008, 12:47 PM
Found the new voyagers (1st Strike OP, Evac, Offroad Ironhide) at my local Target.

Paulbot
8th May 2008, 01:48 PM
Lots and lots of (pre-All Spark) Deluxes at the city Target store, including at least three 74 Bumblebees. They had a couple of Nightwatch Prime and Leader Brawl. They also had the newest Real Gear repaints (Twitcher, Midnighter, Farsight), lots of the first two Screen battles sets, Ult Bumblebees, first wave movie robot heroes, cyberslammers, some of the most recent FABs and some Prime and Bumblebee cyberstompers.

(I think Hasbro has made a delivery to the store given all the Hulk, Iron Man and Indiana Jones movie toys they have on the shelves too).

i_amtrunks
8th May 2008, 03:28 PM
TRU Chatswood:

3 x each of the Movie Cybertron repainted Ultras (actually look alright in person)
3 x Voyager Evac, offroad Ironhide, 1st Strike Prime (No Incinerator)
2 x Leader Megatron's, 1x Leader Prime
Too bloody many Cyber Slammers, Legends Starscreams, Titanium Thundercracker/Hot Rod, Scouts, Allspark deluxes to count.

And some turnarounds.

jaydisc
8th May 2008, 03:32 PM
Did you check prices on the Ultras?

i_amtrunks
8th May 2008, 04:00 PM
Did you check prices on the Ultras?

Yeah, no stickers/tag, and no working scanners.

Actually the only thing that had price tags were the 3' Titaniums...:confused:

Pulse
8th May 2008, 05:30 PM
__Findings in Westfield Liverpool__

TRU:
Cybertron Ultra Repaints Jetstorm and Wingblade (check up high)

Allspark Voyagers 1st Strike Prime, Offroad Ironhide & Evac

Target:
Cybertron Deluxe Repaints Big Daddy, Grindcore, Jolt and Divebomb (I hid them behind the other deluxes)

Myer:
All the Real Gear Repaints (I made no attempt to hide any of these :D)

griffin
8th May 2008, 08:36 PM
TRU at Garden City (Brisbane) managed a restock since I was there two days ago. Soundwarp and I were there and saw they had about a dozen or so of the Ultra Jetstorm and Wingblade for the same $40 price as down south. Which was a relief because the normal Ultra price at retail is usually about $55-60, and their Voyagers (a size smaller) is priced at $50!!!
Soundwarp wanted an Evac, but refused to pay $10 more for a smaller toy to the two Ultras I was buying at $40 each.
And they had some of the new Voyagers as well (Evac, Offroad Ironhide, First Strike Prime) for that above mentioned $50. Plus Deluxes Stockade, Jungle Bonecrusher, Overcast and Landmine for $30. Still heaps of the Bumblebee and Ratchet Movie Blasters for $50.
David Jones at Garden City had Deluxes as well, and surprisingly cheaper than TRU by $3! They had the Stockade, Jungle Bonecrusher and Overcast.

i_amtrunks
9th May 2008, 11:28 AM
Seems that Incinerator is very popular, everyone has seen his case brethren, but not him himself...

The Movie Ultra repaints are $40 at Chatswood TRU too, I gave them a call this morning, the Jetfire repaint is begging for me to buy it.

jaydisc
9th May 2008, 02:25 PM
Seems that Incinerator is very popular, everyone has seen his case brethren, but not him himself...

Actually, the way I remember it, the first Voyager case to include Offroad, 1st Strike and Evac did not have Incinerator. The following case assortment did.

griffin
9th May 2008, 04:36 PM
Yeah, what Jay said is true.

STL
10th May 2008, 12:01 AM
Followed up on lhec's hint to find Robot Replicas for $10 a pop. Grabbed them all plus 1 Frenzy each for Iceburn and lcz128.

The Target I went to had nothing of the new waves but it was packed to the rafters for the first time in a while w/ virtually every single deluxe released to date.

Saw the Unleashed Jazz/Ratchet and Optimus Prime for $15 each. I passed. Very very fugly. The worst was Blackout and Barricade, I don't know how those colour schemes and quality control could've approved of such a horrific sight!

Pulse
10th May 2008, 12:07 AM
Saw the Unleashed Jazz/Ratchet and Optimus Prime for $15 each. I passed. Very very fugly. The worst was Blackout and Barricade, I don't know how those colour schemes and quality control could've approved of such a horrific sight!

You mean these things?

http://seibertron.com/images/news/gfx/1193264138_has14261bg9.jpg

I didn't think we were even gonna get these... Who the hell would buy these pieces of craptola anyway? :confused:

(They're just an oversized paperweight :p)

STL
10th May 2008, 12:14 AM
They look better in those pics than they do in RL. so if you think those look bad, keep ur eye balls from falling out of their sockets when you see these. I was appalled.

iceburn
10th May 2008, 12:14 AM
i would buy them but at $5-$10 for these 2. had bought the first 3 unleashed..not too bad at all for paperweights

STL
10th May 2008, 12:24 AM
i would buy them but at $5-$10 for these 2. had bought the first 3 unleashed..not too bad at all for paperweights

I use my Omega Supreme statue as my paperweight. :p

griffin
10th May 2008, 11:21 AM
Followed up on lhec's hint to find Robot Replicas for $10 a pop. Grabbed them all plus 1 Frenzy each for Iceburn and lcz128.

The Target I went to had nothing of the new waves but it was packed to the rafters for the first time in a while w/ virtually every single deluxe released to date.

Were those Unleased at Target as well? As Pulse mentioned, we weren't supposed to be getting those here. At least, that's what the Senior Product Manager at Hasbro AU said. Then again, we are a dumping ground for anything Hasbro US can't sell, so it wouldn't surprise me these are just being dumped here cheaply to get rid of them.

Soundwarp
10th May 2008, 01:46 PM
Spotted 4 new recolours at Target today:

Green Escevator
Multi colour Jet
Purple car
"Big Daddy" Black car

Pulse
10th May 2008, 02:18 PM
Then again, we are a dumping ground for anything Hasbro US can't sell, so it wouldn't surprise me these are just being dumped here cheaply to get rid of them.

Hopefully these will teach Hasbro a valuable lesson...

"Stop making garbage merchandise like this! If you'd done your research, you would have realised that the TF Market doesn't want them & now you're stuck with them... " :rolleyes:

jaydisc
10th May 2008, 02:50 PM
I just saw a few Unleashed Barricade/Blackouts and one Ratchet/whoever at clearance for $15 each.

iceburn
10th May 2008, 03:30 PM
Were those Unleased at Target as well? As Pulse mentioned, we weren't supposed to be getting those here. At least, that's what the Senior Product Manager at Hasbro AU said. Then again, we are a dumping ground for anything Hasbro US can't sell, so it wouldn't surprise me these are just being dumped here cheaply to get rid of them.

None at Target yet..only at Toy Kingdom so far.
Just been there and like jaydisc, saw them at $15...
I was tempted but didn't buy them

autobreadticon
10th May 2008, 03:38 PM
i thought the unleased truck optimus would make a nice decoration piece at $15

iceburn
10th May 2008, 03:44 PM
i thought the unleased truck optimus would make a nice decoration piece at $15

didnt see unleashed prime today..only unleashed meg and the other 2 new ones...think prime can be found at Kmart but would be expensive

reillyd
11th May 2008, 03:30 PM
On the Gold Coast, single Big Daddies at Helensvale and Runaway Bay target, but plenty of the others (as many as 4x for some). I'd say collectors are liking the Big Daddy Micromaster reference.

STL
11th May 2008, 11:02 PM

Like Iceburn and Jaydisc have said, at Toy Kingdom, not Target.

i_amtrunks
12th May 2008, 09:32 AM
Nothing in Big W Plumpton but a couple of Leader Nightwatch Primes.

Target Mt Druitt has gone crazy with figures (like they did with the final full repaint waves of Cybertron) with at least half a dozen each of: Grindcore, Big Daddy, Jolt, Divebomb, Landmine, Stockade, Recon Barricade, Payload, plus heaps of Scouts and FAB's.

Kmart Mt Druitt had about 4 of each of Jungle Bonecrusher, Overcast, Stockade and Recon barricade, plus about 8 each of the Battle packs.

kay-al
12th May 2008, 12:05 PM
Finally saw something new in City Target today. There are a couple of Jolt, Divebomb and Big Daddy.

STL
13th May 2008, 11:01 PM
I felt very sad today.

Went to Target and saw almost every single deluxe that has been released to date. Plenty of stuff that isn't moving especially the Ultimate BBs. There was a stack of them in an aisle away from the TF aisle. It's kinda sad that they aren't moving quickly anymore and that's ironic given at one point it made fans annoyed that there was virtually nothing on the shelves. Oh how the brand has fallen.

Oh, and the Hulk figures look fugly.

griffin
14th May 2008, 12:54 PM
The movie has come and gone. And those kids and parents who were desparately hunting for the toys when the Movie and DVD were released, have moved onto another fad, toyline or movie.
Ever since Beast Wars, Hasbro Australia have failed to adhere to basic marketing elements that relate to supply and demand. They are bringing supply now to meet a demand that was here six months ago and is no longer here now. These figures are going to shelf-warm, and affect the amount of stock stores are going to order in for the next 6 to 12 months (Classics, people!!!). Stores pre-order initial stock amounts (from Toyfair), and if they are still sitting on Movie stock over the long term (Animated will sell with the cartoon, and older collectors will snap up the classics), they won't restock anything Transformers related until the movie stock is all gone (stores don't see it as three different toy lines, it is all Transformers to them).
Since retailers don't know anything about the fluctuating demand of the toy market like the toy companies do, they rely on the toy distributors like Hasbro and Mattel to talk them into what they should be buying and in what quantity.
Hasbro AU shouldn't have been importing so much movie stock after demand dried up, and convincing the stores to order it.
I guess good marketting is forcing someone to buy something today (the short term), and only worry about tomorrow (the long term) later.

STL
14th May 2008, 01:21 PM
I know, and that's the sad part. The brand is what suffers in the long run b/c Hasbro can't manage the product lines. Like if you look at most movie lines, a year later of them most are washed up. X-Men, Spidey, FF etc. I love TFs and all but I wish this product doesn't sit there b/c in the long run its the other lines that are worthy that get hurt.

Tropisetron
15th May 2008, 05:40 PM
Just went around Rundle Mall, Adelaide during my lunch break.

Targets: Heaps of deluxes including jolt, overcast, bumblebee etc. They are all priced at 19.99 (after scanning) though the priced on shelf was 26.99.

TRU: Leader brawl (99), Jetstorm and Wingblade (39.99) and heaps of offroad ironhide + first strike OP (49.99) + others

reillyd
15th May 2008, 06:30 PM
Titans Tower, Southport, had both the TakaraTomy transcanning figures (Optimus Prime and Bumblebee) for 64.95. Its weird to see a nekkid Optimus and Bumbles.

If only they made an Arcee:p

1orion2many
15th May 2008, 07:24 PM
:)I spotted Grindcore, Jolt and the brown and yellow camo jet (forgot name):o. I looked at them, picked them up and then said no they are just recolours and put them down:eek:.

Borgeman
15th May 2008, 08:57 PM
:)I spotted Grindcore, Jolt and the brown and yellow camo jet (forgot name):o. I looked at them, picked them up and then said no they are just recolours and put them down:eek:.

good boy :D

George

STL
15th May 2008, 10:29 PM
good boy :D

George

Ah, but what will he do when he sees Classics Bluestreak and Smokescreen? :p

kurdt_the_goat
15th May 2008, 10:34 PM
Target in Vic Park had restocked a heap of the deluxes, including 74' BB - and also the Cybertron repaints 1orion2many spotted (on special for 19.90).

Borgeman
16th May 2008, 04:19 PM

but they are required repaint purchases, just like the seekers :)

George

jaydisc
16th May 2008, 04:21 PM
but they are required repaint purchases, just like the seekers :)

Required? Are you going to get the Games of Deception?

Robzy
16th May 2008, 06:31 PM

:D Ah, yes... As much as I love Prowl, I cannot wait until Bluestreak comes out!!!:o

Borgeman
16th May 2008, 10:01 PM
Required? Are you going to get the Games of Deception?

one day, my friend.... one day :rolleyes:

George

iceburn
17th May 2008, 02:06 PM
As per DirtyDigger's acquisitions:

Sighted today Deep Space Starscream, Ultras Jetstorm and Wingblade @ TRU. No other new TFs around. There are the latest wave of EVAC, Off-road Ironhide and First Strike Prime @ Target but they are not on sale. The new deluxes are no where to be found but there is a place where I saw them still on Thursday night.

kurdt_the_goat
17th May 2008, 07:42 PM
FSOP, Evac and Offroad Ironhide at Target and TRU in Carousel - and i mean HEAPS of them! Also quite a good selection of deluxes but none of the cybertron repaints.

jaydisc
17th May 2008, 07:46 PM
TRU had a bucketload of Deep Space Starscreams for $50 and all the new Voyagers. I got to Target at 4:45 pm and it looked pretty pillaged.

autobreadticon
17th May 2008, 08:16 PM
Sorry i am a little confused, have cybertron repaints been released in Oz?, i might have to ask the Melbourne folk to show me the figures loose for me to consider buying them:rolleyes: def not a fan of them.

iceburn
17th May 2008, 09:43 PM
Sorry i am a little confused, have cybertron repaints been released in Oz?, i might have to ask the Melbourne folk to show me the figures loose for me to consider buying them:rolleyes: def not a fan of them.

The new movie deluxes - Big Daddy, Jolt, Grindore and Divebomb are repaints from Cybertron moulds. You should have seen them but not aware.

autobreadticon
18th May 2008, 11:04 AM
oh i meant the that yeloow crane and mudflap

griffin
18th May 2008, 08:23 PM
Mudflap (is the yellow crane) and Inferno have not been seen yet, and has a June release date, so could be soon. Not sure if and where it will be released in Australia, but will try to find out.

iceburn
18th May 2008, 11:39 PM
bread, please be specific when you go asking questions :P
The Hasbro site reported it to be released sometime in June...its definitely after the release of the Ultra repaints...

STL
18th May 2008, 11:44 PM
TRU had a bucketload of Deep Space Starscreams for $50 and all the new Voyagers. I got to Target at 4:45 pm and it looked pretty pillaged.

Which Target? Reservoir? I went today and it was pretty packed out. Most Deluxes except BB. The one in Greensy had heaps plus the new voyagers. I passed on them though b/c of price.

jaydisc
19th May 2008, 07:59 AM
It was Reservoir. They had a bucketload of tower racks at the entrance but they were mostly empty. Back in the usual spot they had some more though.

iceburn
19th May 2008, 11:08 PM
oh i meant the that yeloow crane and mudflap

here's the story from Hasbro:
http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/default.cfm?page=News/Item&newsID=4EC7EA7D-D56F-E112-46AC70D02754072E

autobreadticon
20th May 2008, 11:39 AM
TRU knox has has first strike optimus, ofroad ironhide, evac
deep space starscream
bumblebee and racther blaster
both cybertron repaint ultras at $40

Autocon
20th May 2008, 10:42 PM
tru catalougue deep space ss and ultras $40 each

it states TRU exclusive

dunno if i should buy the ultras....:confused:

iceburn
20th May 2008, 10:45 PM
tru catalougue deep space ss and ultras $40 each

it states TRU exclusive

dunno if i should buy the ultras....:confused:

deep space SS $40 ????? am i reading this wrongly

STL
20th May 2008, 11:07 PM
deep space SS $40 ????? am i reading this wrongly
If it's right, I'm not complaining. When did the sale start?

iceburn
20th May 2008, 11:27 PM
i'll prob grab it then if there's any left

Pulse
21st May 2008, 01:54 PM
Castle Hill TRU:

Voyagers Evac, 1st Strike Prime, Offroad Ironhide & Metallic Finish Deep Space Screamer = all scanning at $50

Cybertron Repaints Jetstorm and Wingblade = scanning at $40

griffin
21st May 2008, 03:00 PM
TRU at Garden City Brisbane, had a big yellow sign up saying that Deep Space Starscream was $39.99, but it scanned in at $49.99, so make sure your store recognises the sale price at the moment.
Got myself one, and made them chase up the manager to get the sale price.
Saw that Optimus blaster/FAB prime 2-pack at Target Springwood, can't recall the price though, but I think someone above posted it.

SilverDragon
21st May 2008, 05:47 PM
Target at Broadway (Sydney) has loads of movie Deluxes, including the Cybertron repaints and the AllSpark power toys. They were on sale for $20.

Also found a few Voyagers-Megatron, Ratchet, Starscream. Not on sale.

Autocon
21st May 2008, 06:52 PM
yep target galleria sale $20 deluxes compared to tru $30:eek:

wingblade jetstorm were there

ds ss was there too.. and on the back i saw Voyager Class Landmine typo??

roller
22nd May 2008, 12:09 AM
buy it if its a typo box

others say they are not worth more, but they are wrong

STL
22nd May 2008, 10:15 PM
Myers deluxes are now $27.95? I was surprised by the price reduction since Myers prices have in the past clocked in at $30. Was it just my Myers or was someone else?

jaydisc
22nd May 2008, 11:42 PM
No, this must be a change, but it has been 27.95 for a bit. Perhaps all this year?

STL
22nd May 2008, 11:50 PM
Probably, I still remember last year going to those Christmas sales w/ you and looking at their catalogue and harping about how they could charge such a price.

iceburn
22nd May 2008, 11:51 PM
i think their prices for deluxes has always been $27.95 ($1 higher than Target/Kmart) which is the retail price of $26.95

STL
22nd May 2008, 11:53 PM
Probably, I still remember last year going to those Christmas sales w/ you and looking at their catalogue and harping about how they could charge such a price.

Or I could just be brain dead.

i_amtrunks
23rd May 2008, 09:17 AM
TRU out West had about 15 Deep Space Screamers on the shelves, and at least another 10 on the overflow shelves.

About 5 Supreme Bumblebee's about 6 of each of the Allspark cylinder Deluxes and 3 of each of the Cybertron repaint Ultras.

Plus lots of Movie Robot heroes, legends, basics, Allspark Deluxes (Stockade, Landmine etc) and Bumblebee blasters.

Paulbot
23rd May 2008, 04:48 PM
I had my first sighting of Highline (the Red Autobot Mobile Phone Real gear) at Myer today alongside Twitcher (the Green Game Controller). The store had a bunch of the more recent (but not exclusive) Deluxes, some Voyager Starscream and Ice Megatron, Robot Replica two packs of Prime and Megatron, some first wave movie Robot Heroes, some legends.

A rather nice assortment actually, the TFs seem to have more shelf space than any other line.

Pipesqueak
23rd May 2008, 06:58 PM
Or I could just be brain dead.

Nope, you're right. I remember Myer charging $30 for deluxes for a while.

STL
23rd May 2008, 11:12 PM
Nope, you're right. I remember Myer charging $30 for deluxes for a while.

And I noticed today too that Target's Deluxe price has dropped to $24.99. That's a buck down on their old price. Is this a trend across the board?

At the new K-Mart in Westfield Millpark today, there are an absolute crapload of Voyagers there. Ratchet, Prime, Ice Megatron, Starscream. So many. I wonder how long before they clear that stuff.

More of the old Titaniums are out suggesting Hasbro must be having trouble offing them. It probably means the Ironhide/Jazz/Megatron wave will have another go before we even get a look at the Ratchet/Brawl ones. :(

The Toy Kingdom (for future reference) at Westfield Millpark is very small and unlike other TKs, stocks only heavily discounted goods - ie. they got them from the distributor very cheap. So don't expect TFs there. THe only thing they had were $10 Robot Replicas and $15 Unleashed.

Target was well-stocked too but nothing new. So many Ult BBs tho... :eek:

Robzy
26th May 2008, 01:39 PM
Today at TRU and Toyworld Rundle Mall, I spotted heaps of "Mutt" Williams figures from the new Indiana Jones line!

Now, while it's not strictly a TF figure, I thought I'd post this here because some people have indicated that they want to use this figure to display as Sam from the TF movie! :)

Paulbot
26th May 2008, 05:19 PM
Today at TRU and Toyworld Rundle Mall, I spotted heaps of "Mutt" Williams figures from the new Indiana Jones line!

I've quoted you in the Indiana Jones Toy Sighting thread (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=24410#post24410)

Now, while it's not strictly a TF figure, I thought I'd post this here because some people have indicated that they want to use this figure to display as Sam from the TF movie! :)

I sure am (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=24071&postcount=139)

Pulse
27th May 2008, 01:43 PM
Today was the first time I've seen those battle-damaged Robot Replicas Prime & Megs 2-pack in Myer today (Castle Towers to be exact) for $36.95 - I think.

It's strange that Myer Stores only received these now - given that the movie line is pretty much finished :confused:

i_amtrunks
27th May 2008, 02:08 PM
Myer seems to get strange exclusives, that due to low demand and their crazy prices do not sell well and always arrive late in the lines run.

Remember the RID repaints of Prime and Magnus that were sold in the 2 pack that came out about the same time as the Supreme Primus figure did in Kmart? That pack was out at in the last half of the Cybertron line, and didn't sell too well either.

Pulse
27th May 2008, 02:48 PM
Remember the RID repaints of Prime and Magnus that were sold in the 2 pack that came out about the same time as the Supreme Primus figure did in Kmart? That pack was out at in the last half of the Cybertron line, and didn't sell too well either.

Yeah, I remember seeing those too. How much did Myer want for them? $150 - $180 or something like that...

i_amtrunks
27th May 2008, 03:06 PM
Yeah, I remember seeing those too. How much did Myer want for them? $150 - $180 or something like that...

I believe it was $189.99 normal, but their introductory price, and sale price was $169.99. Funnily enough Blacktown Myer never had the figures on display when they were on sale.

Just Mike
27th May 2008, 06:18 PM
Found for the first time the single pack Allspark Legends today for anyone like me who was too cheap to pick up the 2 packs just to get the 1 figure. Found in Kmart Belmont. Had 1 each of Bonecrusher(not anymore), Recon Barricade, Cliffjumper and Jazz. Hopefully we get Ironhide/Brawl etc. soon. $5.99ea.

Pipesqueak
27th May 2008, 07:17 PM

As I remember starting price was $170, at least at my nearest Myer, and I did see it on sale at 20 per cent off once. Even at full price, it's $85 per leader class figure, which is not as bad as some places, especially when you consider the combiner potential of these two.

griffin
28th May 2008, 01:19 AM
Both Toyworlds in Brisbane CBD had the two new Unleashed Turnarounds for $30, plus heaps of the converting blasters for $30.

Myer in the CBD had quite a few of the Robot Replicas 2-pack (it is strange that this was originally a Kmart exclusive, and now showing up only at Myer). Also had the last of the Real Gear waves (green game controller, grey watch, etc), and the Basics.

llamatron
28th May 2008, 09:02 PM
Offroad Ironhide, Evac and First Strike Prime are at K-mart Innaloo.

Autocon
29th May 2008, 11:19 PM
salvage is at subi toyworld aswell

never seen him anywhere before and a payload

BAGS payload!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tropisetron
30th May 2008, 11:35 PM
TRU Rundle Mall has loads of Deep Space Starscream.... probably more than 20 in a whole tray..........

roller
4th June 2008, 01:00 PM
Garden city Booragoon, Western Australia has

legends Blue Optimus VS Starscream

Some deluxe boat tf

Airaid

First Strike Optimus Prime

Voyager Starscream

iceburn
4th June 2008, 01:12 PM
Garden city Booragoon, Western Australia has

Some deluxe boat tf

You sure it's deluxe or a scout/basic??? same size as airraid??

kurdt_the_goat
6th June 2008, 12:36 AM
Seems WA TRU is a week or 2 behind the eastern states in terms of sightings recently. Today i saw about 30 or so Deep Space Starscream at TRU Carousel for the same $39. Half on the reachable shelf, half on the high shelves... together with the odd movie Ultra repaints! Only a few of those though and one guy was scaling the toy wall to get one as i left!

Kyle
6th June 2008, 12:47 AM
Seems WA TRU is a week or 2 behind the eastern states in terms of sightings recently. Today i saw about 30 or so Deep Space Starscream at TRU Carousel for the same $39. Half on the reachable shelf, half on the high shelves... together with the odd movie Ultra repaints! Only a few of those though and one guy was scaling the toy wall to get one as i left!

Any Animated while you were there? I'm tempted to get Prowl, Starscream and Bulkhead now... Completely addicted. :o

kurdt_the_goat
7th June 2008, 07:11 PM
Well, there wasn't on Thursday but there may have been some today, as I found that Morley TRU had Animated in stock (posted it in Animated Sightings). Perhaps Carousel put them out today, though i'd imagine the 40 Deep Space Starscreams are still taking up too much of the shelf space!

Movie figure wise, they had 3 of the Ultra's, high upon a shelf so i'm not sure which one(s) they were. Also, lots of DSS again.

Kyle
7th June 2008, 07:47 PM
Thanks for that! Seeing how the ones I bought so far have been awesome, I'm tempted to grab the rest now. :p

Soundwarp
8th June 2008, 09:19 AM
Finally found Evac at Target but i still don't want to spend over $40

STL
13th June 2008, 09:36 AM
I just noticed a strange pricing irregularity at Target yesterday. The Walmart exclusives scanned in at $25 but the older deluxes (dropkick, bonecrusher) etc scanned in at $27. So is that in recognition that the movie line is reaching its trail end or it actually that the price of TFs are coming down?

Paulbot
13th June 2008, 10:11 AM
It would be nice if the toys were coming down, but Target are still charging the same amount for Animated voyager as they are for Movie voyagers. TRU seem to be doing better with their cheap Ultras and cheaper Ani Voyagers

jaydisc
13th June 2008, 02:45 PM
Knowing TRUs style, I must assume that these are the new RRPs. Perhaps a letter to Hasbro AU to ask about RRP is in order?

griffin
14th June 2008, 01:56 AM
I think like the TRU exclusive Wingblade and Jetstorm, the store exclusive figures might have a wholesale price that is closer to what the current exchange rate suggests it should be. As opposed to the general release items, which would be priced by Hasbro at their usual higher rate.

Golden Phoenix
14th June 2008, 12:27 PM
I just noticed a strange pricing irregularity at Target yesterday. The Walmart exclusives scanned in at $25 but the older deluxes (dropkick, bonecrusher) etc scanned in at $27.

Maybe they are reducing price because the US$ is worth less against the AU$ and they figured they would pass on the saving to us....
*bursts into laughter*

iceburn
14th June 2008, 02:37 PM
saw 3 jetstorms and 1 wingblade at TRU today but it arent on the lower shelves....is there still a sale price for these?????

Tetsuwan Convoy
15th June 2008, 07:49 PM
Saw Megatron and Barricade Keyrings at kmart morley.

Soundwarp
16th June 2008, 06:31 AM
saw 3 jetstorms and 1 wingblade at TRU today but it arent on the lower shelves....is there still a sale price for these?????

My TRU still has them at $40

darockk
19th June 2008, 02:20 PM
TRU had about 30 Deep space starscreams for $40.

Myer had about 8 of the micro IR remote control barricade cars, $20 each, never seen those before.

iceburn
19th June 2008, 03:21 PM
darockk...those I/R cars (barricade, bumblebee and optimus prime) are there since late 2007. TRU, Tandy and Myer has them.

Soundwarp
21st June 2008, 11:31 AM
My local toyworld has more Transformer toys than i have ever seen before in a shop. Like i am absolutley shocked!!!!

jaydisc
21st June 2008, 06:00 PM
I noticed the same thing at the Toy World in Kawana (Sunshine Coast). Twas the most insane display of TFs I've seen. At least 50 current Voyagers and Leaders plus a wall of deluxes.

llamatron
21st June 2008, 06:20 PM
VERY STRANGE SIGHTINGS TODAY - NEW ITEMS

I was at K-mart Mirrabooka and found around 5 - 10 of the Deluxe Concept Bumblebee / Voyager Optimus Prime 2-packs. There was also a single one of the Deluxe Battle Damage Arcee / Voyager Battle Damage Optimus / Voyager Starscream packs.

I believe these haven't been seen in Australia before?

I assume they've got them in for the upcoming toy sale.

They didn't have any shelf tags and the price checking system was out of order so I have no idea what they cost. Also, they were stacked up on the top area (usually reserved for excess stock).

jaydisc
21st June 2008, 07:03 PM
Cool find. Hasbro told 1Orion that they'd be stocking the 3-pack, but that Euro 2-pack is new news. I'm hanging for Metallic Ratchet.

TheDirtyDigger
21st June 2008, 07:11 PM
That BB/Prime Deluxe 2 pack is at my local KMart. I would've grabbed it but I'd be doing so essentially for the packaging which is a big carbon footprint no-no.

Kyle
21st June 2008, 07:18 PM
That BB/Prime Deluxe 2 pack is at my local KMart. I would've grabbed it but I'd be doing so essentially for the packaging which is a big carbon footprint no-no.

I have the toys already, but still want the 2-pack. It'd be nice for display... :p

jaydisc
21st June 2008, 07:28 PM
Has anyone seen the two newer screen battles? Capture of Bumblebee and Desert Attack?

Pulse
21st June 2008, 07:37 PM
VERY STRANGE SIGHTINGS TODAY - NEW ITEMS

I was at K-mart Mirrabooka and found around 5 - 10 of the Deluxe Concept Bumblebee / Voyager Optimus Prime 2-packs. There was also a single one of the Deluxe Battle Damage Arcee / Voyager Battle Damage Optimus / Voyager Starscream packs.

I believe these haven't been seen in Australia before?

I assume they've got them in for the upcoming toy sale.

They didn't have any shelf tags and the price checking system was out of order so I have no idea what they cost. Also, they were stacked up on the top area (usually reserved for excess stock).

That's strange :confused: The Yanks have had these for ages... (& were only getting these now :rolleyes:) Why are they even bothering with these?

jaydisc
21st June 2008, 07:42 PM
USA scraps

iceburn
21st June 2008, 08:55 PM
they are finally here!! sheesh...but am not interested in them anymore

HASBRO AUSTRALIA...pls bring and release the new goods!!!

STL
23rd June 2008, 12:49 AM
USA scraps

:mad: +1! :mad:

griffin
23rd June 2008, 01:34 PM
Saw a Stealth Bumblebee yesterday, which was a surprise, but also a bit annoying because I didn't have my money/cards with me to buy it. Won't say yet where, but that final Deluxe wave (with Salvage - but didn't see it there though) is in the country.

Also saw 2 Jolts at Target Browns Plains, and some of the Allspark Blue Deluxes (in the cylindar packs) at Target and Toyworld.

Toyworld also had a new Movie Pinball machine. Similar in size and packaging to the ones at Kmart last year, but this one is black, different graphics, and is priced at $40 (Kmart's was $20 I think).

Target had one lone Offroad Ironhide ($45), hidden behind an Indiana Jones sign (which covered up half the TFs section, so that it acted as a border for the IJs toys).

Kmart at Browns Plains had a few of the first two Movie Scene packs, but had them discounted to $30 (from $40).

And saw the last wave of Real Gear recolours at both Target and BigW Browns Plains.

jaydisc
23rd June 2008, 02:52 PM
My Kmart is getting quite prepared. They had a bunch of massive carts loaded with toys as they seem to be repositioning the toy section near the front of the store in preparation. They had bucketloads of the Starscream/Prime/Arcee 3-pack, the Prime/BB08 2-pack and additionally the BB74/Barricade 2-pack which I haven't seen in yonks.

TheDirtyDigger
23rd June 2008, 03:05 PM
My Kmart is getting quite prepared. They had a bunch of massive carts loaded with toys as they seem to be repositioning the toy section near the front of the store in preparation. They had bucketloads of the Starscream/Prime/Arcee 3-pack, the Prime/BB08 2-pack and additionally the BB74/Barricade 2-pack which I haven't seen in yonks.

Kmarts often do that for their big sales, Set up a separate section filled with toys at/near the front of their store.

STL
23rd June 2008, 03:07 PM
I like the look of that BB/Barricade two pack. May yet grab that!

Paulbot
23rd June 2008, 04:22 PM
... and additionally the BB74/Barricade 2-pack which I haven't seen in yonks.
I haven't seen that since about two weeks after the movie opened! :o

Pulse
23rd June 2008, 06:02 PM
Saw a Stealth Bumblebee yesterday, which was a surprise, but also a bit annoying because I didn't have my money/cards with me to buy it. Won't say yet where, but that final Deluxe wave (with Salvage - but didn't see it there though) is in the country.

Throwing us a few scraps, Hasbro... :rolleyes:

You reckon that'll keep us coming back for more? :confused:

roller
23rd June 2008, 08:17 PM
Saw the Japanese Transcanning optimus protoform today at Perths "Freaks and Geeks"

Pipesqueak
23rd June 2008, 09:31 PM

Excellent news. I hope that means Inferno is on the way too.

Soundwarp
25th June 2008, 05:05 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/soundwarp/Photo0112.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/soundwarp/Photo0114.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/soundwarp/Photo0113.jpg

MV75
25th June 2008, 06:19 PM
and additionally the BB74/Barricade 2-pack which I haven't seen in yonks.

Holy crud. I never saw that. I want it. Any idea on price? And is it only at kmart?

As for toyworld, yea, my local has had plenty of movie toys for yonks, just the "wrong" ones that I don't want. :D And yea, they also had plenty more hasbro boxes stored on the shelves above with a crapload more in them too.

But what we are seeing now is what we should have been seeing last year. Stupid hasbro.
________
FERRARI F1 641 SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_F1_641)

jaydisc
25th June 2008, 07:10 PM
Holy crud. I never saw that. I want it. Any idea on price? And is it only at kmart?

Current pre-sale price is $50. I know it used to be available at Big W almost a year ago, but I've never seen or heard of it anywhere else.

MV75
26th June 2008, 01:10 PM
Yep, typical kmart presale prices. :D

Anway, saw quite a few of the allspark line at toyworld today. A few cliffjumpers, etc, so I guess whatever that wave is.
________
Marijuana bubbler (http://bubblers.net/)

STL
27th June 2008, 12:39 AM
I was surprised today also to find at K-Mart the 2nd last wave of Scouts which include Warpath, Crosshairs and Storm Surge. Can't wait for the sale to start! I really want those. Hopefully they get hte last wave of Scouts which includes those kickass Energon/SL repaints.

Thanatos
27th June 2008, 12:40 PM
I saw those too STL, waiting for the sale :P

Very exciting.

jaydisc
27th June 2008, 01:05 PM
Sorry STL, Thanatos and others, but I just confirmed that only the stuff in the catalog will be on sale at Kmart. There are no other TFs on sale.

STL
27th June 2008, 01:16 PM
Sorry STL, Thanatos and others, but I just confirmed that only the stuff in the catalog will be on sale at Kmart. There are no other TFs on sale.

:rolleyes:

iceburn
27th June 2008, 02:34 PM
sheesh..that kind of suckz. well, still worth having a look and a meet-up in the middle of the night/morn

Pulse
27th June 2008, 03:53 PM
I went out Penrith way to pick up a $470 (:eek:) Harry Potter gold-trimmed gift set for my Sis' 21st next week so I just had to do a bit of TF hunting too :D.

K-Mart = the Prime/Screamer/Arcee battle-damaged 3-pack has the biggest waste_of_space packaging ever!

They also had the allspark scouts Warpath/Stormsurge/Crosshairs

Big W = First time I've seen the deluxes Stealth Bumblebee & Salvage (Uh Oh, I've spoilt Griffin's hiding place ;))

Myer = First time I've seen those Ratchet/Jazz & Blackout/Barricade turnarounds for $50! :eek: Who the hell is gonna buy them?

jaydisc
27th June 2008, 04:51 PM
sheesh..that kind of suckz. well, still worth having a look and a meet-up in the middle of the night/morn

All I care about is the Millennium Falcon :D

Big W = First time I've seen the deluxes Stealth Bumblebee & Salvage (Uh Oh, I've spoilt Griffin's hiding place ;))

This is a good sign, as some of the later cases with those figures also have the Premium Deluxes... fingers crossed.

STL
27th June 2008, 08:19 PM
I went out Penrith way to pick up a $470 (:eek:) Harry Potter gold-trimmed gift set for my Sis' 21st next week so I just had to do a bit of TF hunting too :D.

You make that sound bad. You know it ain't, :p

K-Mart = the Prime/Screamer/Arcee battle-damaged 3-pack has the biggest waste_of_space packaging ever!

Has anyone seen the ridiculous price on those? $127 IIRC. That's bloody ridiculous. Better off buying them separately.

Ah ha, here's something I want from the sales!

Myer = First time I've seen those Ratchet/Jazz & Blackout/Barricade turnarounds for $50! :eek: Who the hell is gonna buy them?

I dunno, no one? :D

iceburn
27th June 2008, 08:29 PM
nothing at City BigW today...usual old stuff
- Leader Prime, Brawl and Megatron
- Robot Heroes Wave 1
- Cyber Slammers

City Target
- Jolt and the other old (latest) deluxes
Probably nothing worth mentioning

City Myer
- Classic Prime and Jetfire shelf has shifted to a table. Lots of primes, 1 or 2 jetfires left
- No more animated deluxes
- Lots of 2 pack animated prime and meg
- A few animated Bulkhead and Megatron, think didnt spot any
Starscream
- Movie Bumblebee 2packs (about 5)

Pulse
27th June 2008, 09:32 PM
STL, I feel kinda special in that you decided to dissect my entire post... :D

STL
27th June 2008, 11:58 PM
STL, I feel kinda special in that you decided to dissect my entire post... :D

What, you want a hug? Come to daddy. :D

griffin
28th June 2008, 01:03 AM

Nah, I saw them at a Toyworld. So if they are appearing at BigWs, I'd rather get them from a BigW and save a few dollars.

griffin
28th June 2008, 01:07 AM
Re: Starscream/Arcee/Optimus 3-pack.

Has anyone seen the ridiculous price on those? $127 IIRC. That's bloody ridiculous. Better off buying them separately.

That would be true if they were all the same as the individual figures. But Arcee and Optimus are 'battle damaged' with extra black paint on them, which makes 2 of the individual toys exclusive to that store as well as the multi-pack itself.

So actually, if the 3-pack was cheaper, some collectors might be a bit annoyed that the cheaper option had 'vandalised' toys, and not the proper 'clean' ones that are sold separately.

dirge
28th June 2008, 12:07 PM
Same toys as far as I'm concerned. Except cr4ppier thanks to the always annoying battle damage!

Paulbot
28th June 2008, 07:20 PM
I saw the three pack today and while it's an impressively big box, it's far too big for the toys inside. So much empty space.:eek:

fatbot
29th June 2008, 07:46 AM
Toys r us at castle hill has Movie Inferno and Mudflap, both figures look really good, but i think something strange is happening when voyagers are more expensive then ultras

dirge
29th June 2008, 12:02 PM
TRU Hurstville also has these Movie Megas, but I can't say I liked the colour schemes much. Mudflap was awfully bright...

Pulse
29th June 2008, 12:31 PM
Toys r us at castle hill has Movie Inferno and Mudflap, both figures look really good, but i think something strange is happening when voyagers are more expensive then ultras

I might have to drive out there for a look-see...

iceburn
29th June 2008, 12:32 PM
has any melb spotted these 2 voyagers in TRU yet?

griffin
29th June 2008, 07:32 PM
Found the Movie Robot Heroes 5-pack today at a BigW (Calamvale) for $19.68.
Also found the Stealth Bumblebee and Salvage as well, for $23.88 (only a Salvage now).
Heaps of the Star Wars 2-pack (Darth & OB1) for $29.66 (that's like 2 for the price of 1).
Heaps of Stompers (the Optimus one doesn't seem to play any quotes in test mode, so I couldn't find out which version it was) for $40.
Several of the Titanium Optimus 3-pack ($18.82), Leader size Optimus, Nightwatch, Megatron and Brawl ($88.73), Voyager First Strike Optimus, Evac, Offroad Ironhide ($39.83).
They had a shelf tag 'Allspark Battler' discounted from $11.62 to $10.84, but not sure what it is - I'm thinking it is the Legends 2-packs.
Heaps of Movie toys, all around the store, a year after the movie...

iceburn
29th June 2008, 08:26 PM
Found the Movie Robot Heroes 5-pack today at a BigW (Calamvale) for $19.68.

boss-bot, is that the new or old RH 5-pack pack?

griffin
29th June 2008, 09:00 PM
The new one, with the flaming city scene. The old one had Gen1 Robot Heroes.

iceburn
29th June 2008, 09:07 PM
nice....will check out BigW again this week
thanks for the sighting...
was about to get it off ebay or somewhere, thinking it's a lost "soul" like the other RH 2pack waves

griffin
29th June 2008, 09:56 PM
I was starting to think we weren't getting it either, but it's good to not have to import that bulky rarity from America.

MV75
29th June 2008, 11:59 PM
Is the pack with legends scorpy around?

And was there a difference between jazz and battle jazz? And between megs and ice megs? (Legends still).

Also, any premiums yet?
________
New mexico dispensaries (http://newmexico.dispensaries.org/)

griffin
30th June 2008, 12:23 AM
Is the pack with legends scorpy around?

And was there a difference between jazz and battle jazz? And between megs and ice megs? (Legends still).

Also, any premiums yet?

Legends 2-pack with Scorpy? I think it was found at Kmart stores, and probably others that have the new 2-packs. The Jazz and Megatrons only had colour differences. Nothing different with the moulds.

And Premiums, I don't think any of them have been released here yet.

dirge
30th June 2008, 12:25 AM
Scorpy two-pack was available at TRU - that's where I got it.