PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica

Soundwarp
25th January 2008, 09:12 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/soundwarp/Battlestar_Galactica_iso.jpg

I thought i'd start up a thread for the new show, mainly because i am a huge fan and would love to talk to others that feel the same way.

iceburn
25th January 2008, 09:29 AM
me great fan too...i was reading in TCC forum that someone was suggesting to have these combined with Transformers too. :P

i love No. 8 alot!!...haha

Lord_Zed
25th January 2008, 11:05 AM
I assume were talking the new reimagined Battlestar, and not the 70's version?

I'm a fan, though I find the series to have really slow patches, intermingled with really intense awesome episodes, my favourtes so far are the triloligy of episodes when the Pegasus turns up, and the exodus from New Caprica and follow up, although afterwards my interest floundered a bit. The forthcomming final series will determine wether I add the series to my parthenon of ulitmate scifi shows like Babylon 5, or the mediocre earthbound levels of scifi comprised of shows like Enterprise. Either way it was worth the watch.

kup
25th January 2008, 11:35 AM
I am a fan of the new Battlestar Galactica series, I very much enjoyed Seasons 1 and 2. I consider it to be one the best Sci-Fi series in recent years although the end of Season 3 left with a 'What the hell just happened?!?' moment that kind of killed my viewer absorption of the plot as it very much broke the pace and flow of the series by adding a spontaneously radical character/plot twist without any story build up. Although it shocked me in a bad way, I did not go nuts over it like other fans on the net who were getting all worked up about it claiming that they won't watch the next season because the series has been wrecked.

I don't necessarily think its wrecked, I will watch the next Season to see if this plot twist is properly resolved, like Zed, I am depending on the next season to make up my mind if this was just another Sci-Fi series or one of the greatest.

BTW: I am also a Big fan of Babylon 5.
________
Babe spanish (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/197/spanish/videos/1)

Tober
25th January 2008, 12:06 PM
I was following it too. Season 1 was good, 2 was good till after the New Caprica eps, 3 was really tedious at times tho, especially the second half. Razor was good tho. I'm looking forward to season 4.

Soundwarp
25th January 2008, 07:58 PM
Well i wasn't even aware that season 4 was happening, that is good news.

Tober
25th January 2008, 08:06 PM
Currently scheduled to start April 4 in the US.

I usually wait for season to finish before watching the entire season in 1 or 2 hits tho. Those weekly cliffhangers get annoying.

kup
25th January 2008, 11:42 PM
I just saw Razor. It is a TV movie which chronicles what happened to the Pegasus berfore it met up with the Galactica. It also tells a parallel but connected story in the 'present' time (When Lee Adama is given command of the Pegasus)

Pretty good but it doesn't really add anything to what we saw in Season 3 so it seems that story will not be resolved until the body of Season 4 begins.
________
Ford vx54 platform history (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_VX54_platform)

Soundwarp
26th January 2008, 07:05 AM
Currently scheduled to start April 4 in the US.

I usually wait for season to finish before watching the entire season in 1 or 2 hits tho. Those weekly cliffhangers get annoying.

Oh good, last time i went online they were unsure if it was going to be done.
I bought Season 3 as soon as it came out but i am watching it slowly because i don't want it to end.....

Where did you get it from Kup?

kup
27th January 2008, 11:27 AM
I got Razor from Torrents like mininova (sorry I think that its against the forum policy to link it. Try googleling mininova)

It is mostly a prequel on the actions taken by the Pegasus before meeting up with the Galactica. It doesn't continue from the end of Season 3 and parts of the story are said to be a prelude to Season 4.

Season 4 is not due to come out until March, I think.
________
HERB SCALES (http://www.vaporshop.com/scales)

Soundwarp
27th January 2008, 01:38 PM
Must be March in the States, cause we only just got season 3 here a few months ago.........

kup
27th January 2008, 01:44 PM
"Season 4 is not due to come out until march"

Let me clarify that. Season 4 is not due to air until March. Razor is a made for TV movie which was aired late last year.

The Season 4 DVD set will probably not happen in Australia until mid way next year based on how long it took for Season 3 to be released.
________
Rhode island medical marijuana dispensary (http://rhodeisland.dispensaries.org/)

Soundwarp
27th January 2008, 04:07 PM
Ummmm yeah OK......

I think i got you the first time

Tober
31st March 2008, 06:38 PM
For anyone who needs a quick refresher before Friday/Saturday...

What The Frack? (http://www.movieweb.com/video/V08C3wKNrZOQ06) Battlestar Galactica in 8 Minutes.

griffin
1st April 2008, 01:51 AM
Also be aware that this is being called the fourth and final season of this series of Battlestar Galactica. At least it should mean we get a proper wrap up, and not left with an end of season cliffhanger or loose ends (like if it had been axed at the end of a season).

Soundwarp
1st April 2008, 04:25 PM
So it's out on DVD this week?

Tober
1st April 2008, 04:46 PM
Season 4 starts on Friday in the USA.

It will be the final season in the current timeline.

There are 20 episodes. The first 11 will run untill June. The last 9 will air next year.

In September 'Caprica' will air in the USA, it is set before the Cylon invasion at the start of Season 1.

STL
1st April 2008, 09:37 PM
I still need to get thru Season 1. Damn me!

Soundwarp
2nd April 2008, 01:15 PM
Damm it, i need a fix now............

Burn
2nd April 2008, 03:14 PM
Damm it, i need a fix now............

Well they did have two specials last weekend. Only a bunch of people talking about it though.

This weekend is going to be great, season final of Torchwood and new episodes of BSG AND Doctor Who! :D

Zippo
2nd April 2008, 06:14 PM
Just got the HD DVD version of Season One. I'll start watching it soon, though I need to get over my monitors shocking display when it shows HD movies.. Urg

Soundwarp
3rd April 2008, 06:18 AM
So do we get it here in Aus?

Burn
4th April 2008, 09:17 AM
IF we do get it it won't be for a while and we'll probably be able to buy it on DVD before hand.

Tober
16th January 2009, 07:10 PM
The second half of season 4 starts tonight in th USA. (Around mid-afternoon Saturday for us).

Just incase you've been living underneath a Rock Lord. ;)

kup
16th January 2009, 07:12 PM
The second half of season 4 starts tonight in th USA. (Around mid-afternoon Saturday for us).

Just incase you've been living underneath a Rock Lord. ;)

I can't barely wait but I will not watch them just yet. I like to watch this series several episodes at a time so I will wait till they build up before I begin watching.

gamblor916
16th January 2009, 08:12 PM
I prefer DVD so I don't have to hang on the inevitable cliffhangers.
That reminds me I have to pick up season 3.

springah
17th January 2009, 12:08 AM
woot, new BSG 2moro night! (err, 2night even!)

Burn
17th January 2009, 08:09 PM
Downloading it now! Hopefully they'll do a great job of finishing this series off.

springah
18th January 2009, 11:45 AM
grr busy doing girlfriend stuff so i havent watched it yet - how was it?

Burn
18th January 2009, 04:41 PM
Nothing spectacular. Not sure if I believe the big revelation at the end, if it's true, a)- no one really guessed that and b)- how disappointing.

Of course things with Starbuck are still fun. That's one nice little mystery developing hopefully.

Tober
18th January 2009, 10:48 PM
I DID guess it, but changed my mind when they said that the 12th was nearby... :(

Otherwise I thought it was a good episode, will be interesting to see how they tie everything together in only 9 weeks tho. But I think I've guessed most of it except Starbuck's mystery.