PDA

View Full Version : A few new GI JOE 25th at TRU (including Snake Eyes wth Timber)

Lord_Zed
15th December 2008, 12:29 PM
For those interested in the GI Joe 25th anniversary line, it seems TRU have released a few more figures. You've probably noticed they've released those ugly larger doll figures, but I've also spotted a few new smaller figures including Snake Eyes (visor version), Destro (Iron grendiers version), Snow Job and Tiger Force Flint. I don't know wether this constitutes a whole wave but these figures weren't in the first wave TRU put on the shelf.

I seem to recall someone was after Snake Eyes with Timber, so here's a chance to get him.

autobreadticon
15th December 2008, 06:10 PM
When are the Combat Heroes hitting Australia , I want to displaythem with my henkeis hehe

Rampage
15th December 2008, 08:45 PM
For those interested in the GI Joe 25th anniversary line, it seems TRU have released a few more figures. You've probably noticed they've released those ugly larger doll figures, but I've also spotted a few new smaller figures including Snake Eyes (visor version), Destro (Iron grendiers version), Snow Job and Tiger Force Flint. I don't know wether this constitutes a whole wave but these figures weren't in the first wave TRU put on the shelf.

I seem to recall someone was after Snake Eyes with Timber, so here's a chance to get him.

Twas i and i have acquired 2 of them:D

They have different cardbacks to the original wave 1 figures. No foil on the GI Joe logo & the 25th anniversary symbol in the top right hand corner is replaced with the comic style symbol.

I think they are classed as Wave 9.2 or 9.3

Lord_Zed
15th December 2008, 10:05 PM
Twas i and i have acquired 2 of them:D

They have different cardbacks to the original wave 1 figures. No foil on the GI Joe logo & the 25th anniversary symbol in the top right hand corner is replaced with the comic style symbol.

I think they are classed as Wave 9.2 or 9.3

Yep there all from the later waves though they are not consisten with any of the US waves. I like the novel little box that says from the Comic/Cartoon or International edition. it fills me with hope that Toy's r Us will get more 25th aniversary figures, not much hope, but a little.

PS they've also released an even more cartoon accurate Snake Eyes in one of the new boxsets, fortunately I'm a comic fan though so the current one is enough.

JustOwen
19th July 2009, 04:55 PM
Does anyone know if they are still avaliable in Aus?

I am trying to get them

Last time I saw them was in Brisbane
back in Dec 08

d*r*j*
19th July 2009, 09:56 PM
I doubt it. Even 6+ months ago I could never find the ones I really wanted... now with Rise Of Cobra it's even more unlikely. I did check the clearance section of Chadstone TRU last time I was there but no dice.

I'd say that you can import them yourself for about $10 a figure if you get the right deal, bbts and some other online stores are trying to get rid of a lot of stock. I got the version 40 snake eyes w/timber for AU$15.00ppd new/ loose and if you like snake eyes that's the one to get.

JustOwen
19th July 2009, 10:49 PM
I am planning to order from smalljoe.

I was in Hong Kong back in Feb. I managed to get the wave with Zartan and Roadblock v2.

It's very hard to get those figures if you are outside of US.

Lord_Zed
20th July 2009, 12:10 PM
Roadblock V2 is on sale at Bigbad toystore As well as several others.

More poular Joes are more exspenisive.

Despite BBTS horrific shipping if you order Joes in bulk (IE a whole wave) they still work out to be a lot less than the local gougers.

Vehicles not so much.