PDA

View Full Version : TF2 AUS Movie and Toy Release dates.

griffin
15th December 2008, 03:45 PM
Recently got the latest issue of the Toy Retailer magazine, and there is a nice article about Hasbro, Transformers and GI Joe in it. I'm breaking up the big news items from the article into 3 different postings - the AUS TFs release dates, the AUS GIJoe release dates, and general overview of the article itself.

Transformers 2 - Revenge of the Fallen, will be opening at cinemas in Australia on 25th June 2009. So mark it in your calendars guys!

And the Movie toys will be 'on retail shelves by 31 May'. Which mean's we should see them in stores leading up to that date, but sounds like we won't be having an 'official release date' like last time. Probably because it upset the retailers who stuck to it, when others didn't.

iceburn
15th December 2008, 04:00 PM
Transformers 2 - Revenge of the Fallen, will be opening at cinemas in Australia on 25th June 2009. So mark it in your calendars guys!

whoopie..that means i'll be back in Aussieland ready for the movie.
guess Botcon 2009 is speculated to be held during that period?

griffin
15th December 2008, 04:20 PM
The US release date has been out for some time - I think it is the 26th June. We had the earlier release of the first one too.

Golden Phoenix
16th December 2008, 10:18 AM
Cool. I will have to ask my boss for the day off.

Khelben
16th December 2008, 10:43 AM
Hopefully this time when I go to the opening session, it wont be full of high school students who don't shut up for the whole movie. :)

liegeprime
16th December 2008, 12:42 PM
Hmmm Ill be overseas at that time. No matter, I will be enjoying anyways toy hunting. Wonder what toys will we NOT get here? I made the mistake last year of skipping on cheaper priced, shelfwarming Incinerator in Phils coz I thought it would be as mass released here... big mistake. Hopefully we can ask Hasbro on this and they'd answer back before the days Im back. :D

bassbot
16th December 2008, 07:17 PM
man, it'd be awesome if Bay or some peeps do a premiere like 2007. That was awesome.
anyhow, 25th june. Sweet. On ya griff.

blackie
16th December 2008, 09:52 PM
MELBOURNE GROUP TRIP :D
10+ people in transformers clothing, who wouldnt think were the coolest???

jacksplatt11
16th December 2008, 10:00 PM

I would probably beat myself up

Paulbot
16th December 2008, 10:13 PM

I think there were seven or eight of us for the last movie (including a couple of STL's friends), and something like 10 or more for an IMAX screening. The number of Melbourne people on the board has grown since then though and I think we could make quite an impressive gang for the next one.

STL
16th December 2008, 11:24 PM
I would probably beat myself up

I'd do the same but that's pretty much a given really. :rolleyes: