PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: MP-4

Zippo
15th December 2008, 06:51 PM
Hey all
Never did pick up an MP-4 when released and now there is a big gap in the collection and I need to pick him up. However with the exchange rate it is not wise for me to get via the USA/eBay or Japan so I am turning to Australia for help

I need at least one but maybe 2 of the best/mintist MISB MP-4 available, hopefully on sale. The catch is that I know I wont be able to afford until January (once the evil holidays are over) and of course the person who purchases must ship to New Zealand and take credit card funded paypal as payment.

Thanks

Zippo
24th January 2009, 02:03 PM
Hi all
With the news of MP-4 Masterpiece Convoy being clearanced for $100, is there anyone willing to help me get? Payment can be made ASAP.

Cheers

valkyrie_76
24th January 2009, 05:12 PM
I have been hunting around for another one as well at Target but as per usual they have nothing. Ill try and help if find one or two around here but I doubt Ill be lucky unlike the people over east.

Kyle
24th January 2009, 07:41 PM
I have been hunting around for another one as well at Target but as per usual they have nothing. Ill try and help if find one or two around here but I doubt Ill be lucky unlike the people over east.

Went to my local Target after lunch and didn't see any. I don't expect we'll see these in WA. :/

griffin
24th January 2009, 09:36 PM
Grimlock in the Vic sightings topic said he has/had a spare. See if he still has it.
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=77903&postcount=144

liegeprime
24th January 2009, 11:42 PM
You sure you'd risk it Zippo? The QC on MP 4 has been quite dodgy as some parts were missing on some figures and the only way you'd find out is when you open and transform Prime to vehicle mode. I couldn't find the thread here - but there was a thread re; complaints of missing parts, et al. Just a friendly advice there, as the QC is inconsistent and it would be so much hassle trying to get it exchanged and all...

Zippo
25th January 2009, 08:39 AM
Grimlock in the Vic sightings topic said he has/had a spare. See if he still has it.
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=77903&postcount=144

Won't ship

You sure you'd risk it Zippo? The QC on MP 4 has been quite dodgy as some parts were missing on some figures and the only way you'd find out is when you open and transform Prime to vehicle mode. I couldn't find the thread here - but there was a thread re; complaints of missing parts, et al. Just a friendly advice there, as the QC is inconsistent and it would be so much hassle trying to get it exchanged and all...

Er, you really don't know me do you.
I'm a MISB collector, so whats inside doesn't matter so much until I decided to open a second one..

GoktimusPrime
25th January 2009, 11:39 AM
Hehe, there could be a lead weight inside the box for all you know (highly improbable though :p). ;D

The QC on MP 4 has been quite dodgy as some parts were missing on some figures and the only way you'd find out is when you open and transform Prime to vehicle mode.
Well if anyone needs a ladder panel for MP Convoy/Prime LMK - I have a spare. :)

liegeprime
25th January 2009, 11:51 AM
Er, you really don't know me do you.
I'm a MISB collector, so whats inside doesn't matter so much until I decided to open a second one..

Erm, I do know your MISB collector, all Im saying for all you know what youve paid for ( pricy toy at that) is nothing more than an incomplete "thing" and it would be like throwing away your money on a dodgy piece since its not like the other packaged items where there's a window you can at least see its got the toy inside. As Gok said could be ( though highly unlikely) just a brick inside.:D;)

Having said that, hope you find one that's not dodgy.

Zippo
25th January 2009, 03:18 PM
Erm, I do know your MISB collector, all Im saying for all you know what youve paid for ( pricy toy at that) is nothing more than an incomplete "thing" and it would be like throwing away your money on a dodgy piece since its not like the other packaged items where there's a window you can at least see its got the toy inside. As Gok said could be ( though highly unlikely) just a brick inside.:D;)

Having said that, hope you find one that's not dodgy.

:) :) :)
You are speaking to a person who brought a MISB Car Robots Brave Max in 2002 and still has not opened the shipping box stil view it. I just couldn'r bear to see if it received any shipping damage

Kyle
25th January 2009, 04:21 PM
Hehe, there could be a lead weight inside the box for all you know (highly improbable though :p). ;D

This can actually happen in HK! There was once a guy who went to a dodgy shopping mall to buy a diecast figure. Before leaving the shop, he was smart enough though to immediately check the contents inside the box after payment. It was just a bunch of old electric wires inside. :eek: True story.

kup
26th January 2009, 01:18 PM
The Target MP-4s are not MISB out of the factory. They have been opened and are double taped by Hasbro Australia to add some info leaflet inside.

iceburn
26th January 2009, 03:12 PM
The Box condition is also not that mint and rather torn at edges and even corners....
as a MISB collector, I won't wanna keep them in a sealed condition too.

Zippo
26th January 2009, 04:09 PM
Right, I have a nice one secured thanks to grimlock and jay.
Eventually I will want to find a second that is single taped with perfect corners, but at the moment the one I have is pretty good.

Now to find out what shipping is to NZ *shudder*

iceburn
26th January 2009, 05:49 PM
Zippo, do you wanna ask them till the custom CCkit head has arrived to combine or you're in a hurry?

Zippo
26th January 2009, 08:00 PM
Zippo, do you wanna ask them till the custom CCkit head has arrived to combine or you're in a hurry?

I'll combine with anything I can .. save me a few dollars

iceburn
26th January 2009, 08:58 PM
I'll combine with anything I can .. save me a few dollars

please let jay or grimlock know then...
at least i can arrange with either of them later on

jaydisc
27th January 2009, 09:52 AM
I'm managing the shipping to Zippo Ice, so I'll wait to hear from you. I'm not back for a week, so nothing will be happening till then.

iceburn
27th January 2009, 09:55 AM
ok...the kit won't arrive till mid/late Feb.
if both you and zippo are okay with it...then i'll pass it on.

grimlock531
27th January 2009, 04:14 PM
just a heads up, i'll leaving for singapore, malaysia and HK in 2 weeks, i'll be back at the end of feb. so should i check the contents to see if there are no missing parts now? that way i have the chance to refund it if it is missing parts. cos i gotta return it within 30 days correct?? if i want a refund.

d*r*j*
27th January 2009, 05:27 PM
Yeah, if you aren't keeping it misb, definately open it and check it asap. Bad news is that you pretty much have to transform op to make sure the parts are there... I opened one and although the paint details were slightly lacking, all the parts were accounted for.

On a side note the legs were very stiff... gets pretty frustrating.

grimlock531
27th January 2009, 05:42 PM
depending on the parts missing, you can see the 2 front tyres without transforming it (need to take it out of the inside cardboard frame thing, and shine a good ammount of light through.) you can get a small glimpse of the headlights, the thumb is obvious, are there any other missing parts that i should be aware of??

d*r*j*
27th January 2009, 05:55 PM
Yeah I think that ladder thing at the back of the front wheels.