PDA

View Full Version : Universe Darkwing (Silverbolt redeco)

griffin
16th December 2008, 04:25 PM
Nice looking redeco here. I'll be getting it for sure.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/universe-classics-20-29/universe-darkwing-in-robot-mode-166400/
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/universe-classics-20-29/transformers-universeclassics-20-silverbolt-repaint-figure-166392/

Or here if TFW2005 has access problems for non-members
http://www.tformers.com/transformers-universe-silverbolt-redeco-darkwing-tru-exclusive/10599/news.html

Gutsman Heavy
16th December 2008, 04:40 PM
Very nice, I was worried about Bolts head not fitting the part but it looks very well done! Must buy!

kup
16th December 2008, 04:57 PM
As much as I hate this mold as an Ultra, I have to admit, the tribute is much better than what I thought it would be!

Still annoys me that I have to buy this mold again not for the toy itself but the character tribute

However having Darkwing much taller than Dreadwind makes it hard to display both together without looking stupid.

Damn you Archer! *shakes fist* :p

liegeprime
16th December 2008, 05:28 PM
Hmmm dont have Dreadwind ( as he's quite expensive even now) so I see no point getting Darkwing, even though its a nice tribute. It'll only make me sad whenever I see him in the collection of not having Dreadwind also as kup said the size difference again will be an additional factor to spoil it all for me. Although Hasbro has been doing it (size discrepancy) for years now, duno, Im just being picky with more recent releases and tolerant of it in G1/ G2.

kup
16th December 2008, 06:00 PM
Yeah but in G1 both Dradwind and Darkwing were the same size!

Sky Shadow
16th December 2008, 06:18 PM
Nice looking redeco here. I'll be getting it for sure.

My Primus - that is my first must-have Universe toy, even outranking Overkill. Plus I'm glad to finally see some Hasbro love for my favourite year of toys.

"Chichōkon power!"

Zippo
16th December 2008, 07:13 PM
Does look rather nice, though I dont know if its enough for me to actually pick up the mold.

dirge
16th December 2008, 07:30 PM
Meh. If it matched Dreadwind, I'd get it. But it doesn't come close. And I always liked Dreadwind more anyway, so I'll just live with having only one.

jacksplatt11
16th December 2008, 07:34 PM
Doesn't do much for me so it will be an easy pass

jaydisc
16th December 2008, 07:56 PM
Guh-ross!

Not for me. After just redisplaying my Classics, I'm pretty anti-ultra anyway.

Lord_Zed
16th December 2008, 08:40 PM
Wow, nice repaint of a horrible mould, that's way more tempting than Silverbolt for me, as in the comics Darkwing was a more interesting character than Silverbolt. Still the price of ultra's and the significant crappyness of the mould means I will only get it if its cheap.

SofaMan
16th December 2008, 09:27 PM
It's nice. I mean, I'm not breaking my no-repaints rule to buy it, but as repaints go it looks pretty sweet.

STL
16th December 2008, 11:03 PM
I'm torn. I think it's an extremely well thoughtout repaint but if I place him next to Dreadwind then he'll be just out of proportion. So there are two real options then: grab either mold and repaint them into their counterpart. It was already my intention to get a Darkwing out of Skyfire (one spare allocated just for that).

I do feel that the repaints on the Ultras is becoming a bit too much. Three molds and only Onslaught remains unremolded. I suspect Grimlock must be in the ROTF b/c of the Masterpiece otherwise Hasbro would not initiate the production of the toy so there's perhaps chance of a remold of Onslaught into Grimlock to round out the three Ultras all being remolded.

i_amtrunks
17th December 2008, 09:32 AM
Thats one nice repaint of a pretty 'meh' figure.

Ah well, it saves me another $45! :D

Hereticpoo
18th December 2008, 10:57 AM
Yeah the figure is a bit so so but that darkwing paint is so nostalgic! I hope it comes with the double cannons and the powermaster figure. Plz Plz Plz Plz Hasbro :)

Zippo
18th December 2008, 06:44 PM
Ok those new pictures have me sold!
And this way I get another Decepticon to add to the out ranked team match up.

jaydisc
21st December 2008, 10:33 PM
Looks like this figure's name is Darkwind, not Darkwing. :D

http://lindalane.com/temporary/tf/darkwind.jpeg

FFN
21st December 2008, 10:37 PM
Kyde does awesome repaints.

Gutsman Heavy
21st December 2008, 10:58 PM
Kyde does awesome repaints.

Indeed, I do sacrifices at the alter every day. More Machine Men to the pit!

griffin
22nd December 2008, 02:30 AM
Surprised at it being a TRU exclusive though. They couldn't be cutting back on general release Universe already - the line is put on hold during the movie months, leaving just store exclusives - but that shouldn't happen until April at least.

Paulbot
22nd December 2008, 08:57 AM
The box art sells me on the toy more than anything.