PDA

View Full Version : UK Movie release date the same as US.

griffin
19th December 2008, 03:15 PM
Could Hasbro AUS and Paramount AUS be wrong with their release date? According to a UK Fanboard (http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/content.php?/transformers-news/story/8062/UK+Release+date+for+Revenge+of+the+Fallen+announce d.html) the UK release date is the same as the US (26th June), suggesting a world-wide same-day release. Our date is quoted in a Retailer Industry magazine as the 25th, and even if our date is really the 26th, we would still get it before America and the UK by about 12 hours. The only country that could beat us to being the first to screen the movie would be New Zealand (if they get the same 26th June release date).

Tetsuwan Convoy
20th December 2008, 12:25 PM
I think the date for us is still right, as we usually start our new movies on Thursdays here, which the 25th Of June is. Since the 26th is a Friday, I see it as being unlikely they will start it then. We haven't had a movie premiere on a Friday in the 5 years that I have worked (unless its advance screenings).

Usually when there is a world wide release, we have the show start on Wednesday. Which is what happend to Star wars etc.