PDA

View Full Version : Vote now for the 2008 Ozformer Awards

Paulbot
19th December 2008, 03:08 PM
Voting is now open for the second annual "Ozformers Awards"

In the tradition of the Trannies, these awards celebrate our collective view on what was the best of Transformers in 2008, with some "all-time" awards thrown in as well.

This year the awards will be conducted via an online survey. To begin, click here (http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=KYzwjLS5Tt7danizXW0i_2bA_3d_3d).

Answer as many questions as you can, but you can leave some blank if you have no opinion. The closing date for votes is 6pm 25 January 2009.

See also the additional question (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=3154) (since I left out the Animated Activators!)

Every member that votes will be put into the draw for a special prize to be arranged by Griffin. More details to come.

The Award winners will be announced on Australia Day 2009.

Here is a link to the 2007 winners (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=310).

TheDirtyDigger
19th December 2008, 03:11 PM
OMG if I don't win 'Sexiest Trannie' this year there is going to be Hell to pay mister!

jacksplatt11
19th December 2008, 03:32 PM
OMG if I don't win 'Sexiest Trannie' this year there is going to be Hell to pay mister!

Hahahaha

roller
19th December 2008, 05:47 PM
how come voting starts next year?

Paulbot
31st December 2008, 09:47 PM
Voting is now open. See the first post for updated details on how to vote! :)

griffin
31st December 2008, 10:58 PM
Gee I dunno, open a few minutes before the end of 2008. Something new could still get released... :p

Kyle
1st January 2009, 09:50 AM
Voted. :)

kup
1st January 2009, 11:34 AM
Sorry I couldn't do the survey. It deals in too many absolutes or single choices and found myself leaving almost whole pages blank so I quit.

GoktimusPrime
1st January 2009, 11:49 AM
Voted

Trailer Park Ninja
1st January 2009, 12:15 PM
+1

Borgeman
1st January 2009, 12:40 PM
voted

George

Sky Shadow
1st January 2009, 12:45 PM
Me too. :)

Kyle
1st January 2009, 01:11 PM
Sorry I couldn't do the survey. It deals in too many absolutes or single choices and found myself leaving almost whole pages blank so I quit.

I left a couple of answers blank. :p

lcz128
1st January 2009, 01:24 PM
That was fun :D

iceburn
1st January 2009, 01:46 PM
was looking at it since last night and managed to complete it now
my vote's in!!

roller
1st January 2009, 02:28 PM
most of the questions seemed awfully Animated centric, then i remembered that its sole focus was 2008:o

i left alot blank since i dont know Animated that well yet, its like a younger cousin, like a cousin who is 10yrs your junior, you say hi and thats about it.

TheDirtyDigger
1st January 2009, 02:40 PM
Voted.

Paulbot
1st January 2009, 03:29 PM
If it helps Kup, and any one else, I will post a text version of the voting form later tonight that you can submit via email.

There's some interesting results coming so far, and it looks like some clear favourites already.

Sky Shadow
1st January 2009, 03:36 PM
(And many thanks to Paulbot for putting in all the hard work on creating this ballot, keeping track of all those 2008 and future toys to put in it and ultimately tallying up all the votes.)

STL
1st January 2009, 04:25 PM
Thanks, Paulbot. That took me awhile to get through actually I did end up skipping a few. The one that stumped me most was best creative piece but then I remembered Liegeprime's collage of TFs which was pretty damn all inspiring. Choosing Ozformer of the year was hard to, trying to figure out how that could be determined. Whether it was by friends or by whose posts you most look forwarded too. I ended up going w/ the latter, I should add

Also maybe next year we should have a post of the year as there have been a few classics this year and Sky Shadow's Lugnut post was definitely for tops for me.

kup
1st January 2009, 06:26 PM
I will give it another go now that I am rested. It's just that I am the type who doesn't have one best figure because I like several the same for example and found myself unable to choose so I left whole questions blank because I couldn't choose one single figure out of several that I liked the same.

kup
1st January 2009, 07:20 PM
ok, done.

Paulbot
1st January 2009, 08:34 PM
Ah cool. If anyone else does want a text version let me know.

So far 30 people have completed their votes in just the first day, more than in total last year. A great start.

blackie
1st January 2009, 09:32 PM
voted, just left the animated stuff blank, cause i dont know nothin bout it :D

Golden Phoenix
2nd January 2009, 10:42 AM
Done. Left some blank, but it was either because the option I wanted wasn't there or I didn't really have an answer

Adzma
2nd January 2009, 11:48 AM
Done. I've got a lot of blanks though, particularly in the Animated and Movie related stuff because I don't care for either of them.

jacksplatt11
2nd January 2009, 11:56 AM
Done, few blanks though eh

Tommy K
2nd January 2009, 01:16 PM
voted
some of the questions i didnt really understand, but i think i went through it pretty well lol

GoktimusPrime
2nd January 2009, 02:20 PM
I didn't answer all questions

Paulbot
2nd January 2009, 04:44 PM
Blanks are fine, it's better to leave something blank than just guess an answer :)

Burn
2nd January 2009, 09:53 PM
Left the entire last page blank because it seemed wrong to vote for myself, I don't think anyone would have remembered my customs (most of them were forgettable last year anyway), couldn't recall any interesting news, and live too far away from everyone to attend any gatherings.

Dunno how I managed to answer some of the Animated stuff either. Should have just left all that blank too.

Robzy
2nd January 2009, 10:45 PM
Voted! :)

Blanks are fine, it's better to leave something blank than just guess an answer :)Cool - I forgot how to spell my name!

STL
2nd January 2009, 11:39 PM
Left the entire last page blank because it seemed wrong to vote for myself, I don't think anyone would have remembered my customs (most of them were forgettable last year anyway)

I remembered, Red Shockwave... I couldn't remember the name though and had to search thru the boards. I did that w/ several answers actually :o

Burn
3rd January 2009, 08:07 AM
Thus proving how much STL doesn't know me. I'm not someone who'd put in that much effort! :p

And now that I think about it, Bloodshed was my biggest custom for last year. Man I was terribly slack. :(

Paulbot
3rd January 2009, 11:21 PM
See also the additional question (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=3154) (since I left out the Animated Activators!)

heroic_decepticon
5th January 2009, 10:03 AM
I've voted, but I don't think what I did manage to vote for is useful in terms of information or statistics. It's just that for the last 2 years I've only concentrated on G1 and toys that are very related to G1 only.

As such, there were entire sections of the survey I had to leave blank, for example the 'All Spark' section, because I had no idea what the figures were. I've also been a tad out of touch with the general fandom because of time constrains, which means that I cannot with fairness/objectivity vote on the best/worst TF AU/global news, custom toys or creative pieces. I've not seen enough of these and think it will be grossly unfair to pick 'the best' from the few customs/creative pieces that I have managed to see.

But, I did vote for OZ Former member of the year though! :D

Omega Supreme
5th January 2009, 10:41 AM
Voted! :)

Wheel-J
7th January 2009, 09:57 AM
Done! So easy.. :cool:

SilverDragon
11th January 2009, 08:23 PM
Voted!

I left several toy questions blank because I never bought any of the ones in question due to lack of interest and/or capability to buy stuff online.

Paulbot
13th January 2009, 08:56 AM
Less than two weeks remain to vote.

Thanks to all who have voted (the voter turn out has been great!) but looking at the total number of members on the board there's still quite a few more who can.

Remember you only have to vote on what you know, and votes from our newest members are just as valid as those from the oldest.

Even if there was only one toy from 2008 you really liked, have your say!

:)

griffin
18th January 2009, 02:50 PM
One week left to vote people. And don't forget the free toy draw for those who do vote.

liegeprime
18th January 2009, 05:39 PM
Erm I seem to remember that I have voted already, but failed to post that I already have, can paulbot validate this for me please? Sheesh I need memory tablets :p:o.

Paulbot
18th January 2009, 06:26 PM
Erm I seem to remember that I have voted already, but failed to post that I already have, can paulbot validate this for me please? Sheesh I need memory tablets :p:o.

Yes, you voted, on News Years Eve apparently. (which might explain why you forgot? :) )

GoktimusPrime
18th January 2009, 09:00 PM
Sheesh I need memory tablets
You... who dispense drugs... now plea for them? I thought you were made of sterner stuff!

<gets tackled by Hot Rodimus> :p

Omega Supreme
19th January 2009, 09:09 AM
You... who dispense drugs... now plea for them? I thought you were made of sterner stuff!

LOL

Sky Shadow
19th January 2009, 09:59 AM

GOKTIMUS PRIME: Out of the way, Hot Rodimus!

Paulbot
26th January 2009, 11:08 AM
Voting is closed and results will be published later today.