PDA

View Full Version : Today Tonight tonight

roller
19th December 2008, 09:00 PM
I just watched this fine piece of journalist integrity:D

Anyway, they were interviewing kids in some group, they gave the bairnes various toys to play with.

You could see Animated and Universe 2 toys in the background, but they just asked the kids about which toys were the most popular and fun.

Starwars got a mention and so did various bikes and water guns.

The program also gave viewers price estimates on various toys, and in hind sight the show focused on the most expensive toys availible in K-mart.

yep they had a Kmart rep saying stuff

iceburn
19th December 2008, 09:15 PM
i thought it was a manager or representation from Toys R Us....
nothing about Transformers being a fav amongst kids

Golden Phoenix
19th December 2008, 09:19 PM
I disregard pretty much everything Today Tonight and A Current Affair shows, and try to avoid wasting my time watching them.
That story was probably paid for by K-Mart or who ever the rep was repping for

kup
20th December 2008, 12:00 AM
What I find most frightening about Today Tonight and A Current Affair is that they are still on the air, meaning that a huge amount of the population are still watching it, taking their crap seriously.

llamatron
20th December 2008, 01:06 AM
What I find most frightening about Today Tonight and A Current Affair is that they are still on the air, meaning that a huge amount of the population are still watching it, taking their crap seriously.

You sound like a scamming Lebanese plumber to me...:eek:

FFN
20th December 2008, 02:07 AM
I'm :( that the Chaser are dropping the What Have We Learned From Current Affairs This Week segment for next year's series of the War.

roller
20th December 2008, 09:46 AM

exactly!

DigDug
20th December 2008, 05:13 PM

At one time, current affairs television was marginally educational material enabling school children (their target audience) Australia wide to engage in media studies at a range of levels.

These days, these shows are mostly glorified infomercials, generating advertising revenue through a system of reverse chequebook journalism and self-promotion, while masquerading as critical observations of important issues!

i_amtrunks
22nd December 2008, 10:33 AM
At one time, current affairs television was marginally educational material enabling school children (their target audience) Australia wide to engage in media studies at a range of levels.

These days, these shows are mostly glorified infomercials, generating advertising revenue through a system of reverse chequebook journalism and self-promotion, while masquerading as critical observations of important issues!

And more and more of their stories are about trying to shame the other channel's programs.

Thank whatever deity you wish for SBS World News!

kup
9th January 2009, 02:07 PM
And more and more of their stories are about trying to shame the other channel's programs.

Thank whatever deity you wish for SBS World News!

QFT

roller
27th January 2009, 02:52 AM
i like that SBS journalist girl

you guys know who im talkin about :D

she used ta be a sports reporter

liegeprime
27th January 2009, 07:44 AM
i like that SBS journalist girl

you guys know who im talkin about :D

she used ta be a sports reporter

erm that old asian lady with the glasses and a terrorist for a hairstylist? The one who talks in a monotone voice like Tricia Takanawa of Family Guy?

GoktimusPrime
27th January 2009, 02:46 PM
NoT To MeNtioN THe Way SHe aLWayS oVereMPHaSiSeS Her CoNSoNaNTS!! :D JaaM!

roller
27th January 2009, 03:26 PM
i knew someone would do that, say it was lee lin lin or watever her name is :D she dresses crazy