PDA

View Full Version : Australian Open

STL
26th January 2008, 12:38 AM
Okay, we're a bit late into the tournament but this has been the first time in many years I've been interested. The match tonight was a stellar one of giant toppling proportions. I had no regrets tonight despite my initial hesitance and reluctance to watch it.

Never liked Federer much but I have to admit I admire his sportsmanship. As shattered as he was to lose in straight sets, I marvelled at how he handled the loss. I mean, I was rooting for Djokovic but he dismantled Federer. I expected at least 5 sets if anyone was going to beat Federer.

Pity tickets to the final won't be as easy to get... :( Would've had an excuse to get out of this Sunday's family duties

And hopefully the Frenchmen don't win!

Borgeman
26th January 2008, 12:53 AM
it will be a good game :)

George

iceburn
26th January 2008, 12:58 AM
any "online" bets???

jaydisc
26th January 2008, 09:37 AM
This is the first year I really got into it. I don't think Djokovic simantled Federer... Federer hit so many balls into the net in those first few sets. But yeah, I think he's an incredible sportsman: intelligent, athletic and humble.

On the other hand, I do think Nadal got dismantled by the freshman. And I do hope the French freshman wins... what a great upset that would be!

jaydisc
26th January 2008, 11:23 AM
any "online" bets???

I got one junker on the Frenchman. Any takers?

jaydisc
27th January 2008, 10:55 PM
Doh! Awesome game!

STL
27th January 2008, 11:20 PM
Great contest. I watched the last 3 sets in their entirety and saw the 1st set in spurts between chores.

I like both players a lot. Hopefully both go onto big things. The other thing is I feel a renewed interest the sport after this. Might even stay up late watching other grandslams this year too.