PDA

View Full Version : I Just survived car accident, wrote off car.

Eruntalon
21st December 2008, 01:17 PM
Yesterday I was on my way to work and fell asleep at the wheel. I crashed into an embankment and rolled my car three times and landed upside down. Seat belts Save Lives! I was rushed to the emergency department and luckily I've only got a broken wrist, lacerations to my fingers and forehead. My body aches and I've got bruises all over.

I've upset a lot of people around me, my car doesn't exist anymore and this means no more purchasing of transformers so I can get something temporary to drive around in.

I probably wont be posting much on these boards either, wont be doing any trades as I need to get more money together. Sorry to have disappointed anyone due to my recent acquisitions posts claiming I have things to trade.

dirge
21st December 2008, 01:19 PM
You're okay which is the main thing, dude.

Stay in touch (:

GoktimusPrime
21st December 2008, 01:20 PM
Glad to see you're alright. Keep safe and you're always welcome to participate on this board - you don't have to be an active toy collector to be a Transfan! :)

I've had a similar experience to you and it occurred just before I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnoea. I now have treatment for it which makes things a lot better. I don't know if you regularly nod off behind the wheel or not, I know I used to - but yeah, if it happens to you quite a bit then I'd recommend getting tested for Sleep Apnoea and getting treated for it. Good eating and exercise help too. :)

Anyway, get well soon.

http://www.flowersexpress.com.au/images/products/775.jpg

blackie
21st December 2008, 01:23 PM
WOW, get better soon mate

Golden Phoenix
21st December 2008, 01:34 PM
Glad to hear you are relatively ok. Get better soon though

loophole
21st December 2008, 02:39 PM
As long as your alright thats the main thing and i hope for a well and speedy recovery

kup
21st December 2008, 02:48 PM
Don't concern yourself about Transformers or trades, the important thing is that you came out of it in one piece and with no permanent injuries to yourself or others.

Get well soon.

autobreadticon
21st December 2008, 04:13 PM
thank the matrix you are okay :)

turtle boy
21st December 2008, 05:15 PM
Here Here. Get well soon dude.. Keep in touch as best you can:)

Sam
21st December 2008, 05:38 PM
Good thing you are okay. Life is more important than the car or Transformers - you can always acquire those things later. :)

Robzy
21st December 2008, 05:45 PM
Geez - hope you feel better soon mate!
Seat belts Save Lives! Amen to that!

I knew a guy who fell asleep at the wheel about 10 years ago and crashed in to another car, killing himself and the 2 girls in the other car! :( Tragic!! Especially since he was one of the nicest human beings I've ever met! He just fell asleep... that's all!

lcz128
21st December 2008, 05:45 PM
dang!

Just glad to hear you're alright dude :o

gamblor916
21st December 2008, 07:40 PM
Hope you get well soon. Glad you're safe.
Losing a car really sucks.

iceburn
21st December 2008, 07:57 PM
get well soon and it's hard for one to lose their beloved "form of transport"
anyway, if you would just like to catch up with us during our Jan 3 Christmas/New Year meet-up....feel free to let us know and i'm sure someone near you can give you a ride.

take care

Kyle
21st December 2008, 09:12 PM
Take care and get well soon!

Vector Sigma 13
21st December 2008, 09:20 PM
Keep on posting dude- just because your not buying doesnt mean you cant keep up to date and have your say. Good luck with the recovery.

i_amtrunks
22nd December 2008, 10:11 AM
3 rolls is a good effort! :p

Glad to hear that you are mostly fine and in one piece!

Eruntalon
22nd December 2008, 12:18 PM
3 rolls is a good effort! :p

Glad to hear that you are mostly fine and in one piece!

Apparently it was a pretty spectacular crash, although I'm afraid to look at whats left of my car as I'm trying to look forwards now. Going to Vicroads today to get back the money from my rego, just filed a claim with TAC. My next car will have insurance, I didn't bother since it was only a $6,500 automobile. I have had to learn the hard way. A harsh wake up call I think.

get well soon and it's hard for one to lose their beloved "form of transport"
anyway, if you would just like to catch up with us during our Jan 3 Christmas/New Year meet-up....feel free to let us know and i'm sure someone near you can give you a ride.

Thanks. I'm still planning on moving into North Balwyn around Feb-March next year to do further study. I'll see what I can do.

Thank you everybody for your support and for reading about my plight!

Golden Phoenix
22nd December 2008, 12:32 PM
I'm still planning on moving into North Balwyn around Feb-March next year to do further study.
That's a good choice of suburb :D

valkyrie_76
22nd December 2008, 01:32 PM
Glad that you are alright there. Had a mate who fell asleep at the wheel heading back home (plus he was over the limit but not by much) and he spun his car twice and finished off on the side of the road. There was nothing wrong with him but that wasnt the end though......the car finished on some long grass which set the car on fire and 30 mins later all was left was a shell of a car, burnt bushland for 1km and downed two telephone poles, fine for drink driving, car repayments and insurance wouldnt pay because of the drink driving charge.

Eruntalon
22nd December 2008, 08:43 PM
http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/news/local/news/general/fatigue-linked-to-highway-accident/1391970.aspx

roller
22nd December 2008, 09:06 PM
good to hear your ok Erulnatron

STL
23rd December 2008, 11:47 PM
Best wishes too mate. Hope ur well this festive season.

Eruntalon
24th December 2008, 01:48 AM
Going to take out a loan within the next two months so I can get a used Jeep Wrangler TJ...

...My old car:

http://www.users.on.net/~henty/carscan.png

Golden Phoenix
24th December 2008, 09:57 AM
Going to take out a loan within the next two months so I can get a used Jeep Wrangler TJ...

...My old car:

http://www.users.on.net/~henty/carscan.png

http://lc.fdots.com/cc/lc/62/628fbd347953baed405ef2cf24e09810.gif

sanbot
24th December 2008, 10:29 AM
I think its a miracle that you survived such an accident!

I'm happy that you are okay. Hope you make a full recovery.