PDA

View Full Version : FABs

Autocon
21st December 2008, 08:58 PM
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-9/transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-fast-action-battlers-and-universe-exclusive-ultras-in-package-166428/

ooo im getting excited!!!

FFN
21st December 2008, 09:30 PM
That FAB Prime is far better than the one from the last movie.

Gutsman Heavy
21st December 2008, 09:59 PM
go go Tankatron!

Stompy
22nd December 2008, 12:07 AM
I really liked the FAB's from the first movie line and glad to see their return. MEgs as a tank is looking great. Can't wait to see that new mould in Voyager form. Glad they made a new Prime mould despite the easy temptation to just recolour the original OP FAB. Sadly that's exactly what happened to Bumblebee.

Tetsuwan Convoy
22nd December 2008, 01:06 AM
Interesting Megs mode there. Looks like they have done some slight remodeling to Prime though. Not a completely new mould by the looks of things.

So far I am not terribly impressed by the movie figs......

Just the Forklift.:D

roller
22nd December 2008, 09:00 AM
whenever i see the word FAB i think of Thunderbirds:D

this is the first time in ages ive been in this section, i avoid das spoilers

Kyle
22nd December 2008, 11:22 AM
Slightly disappointed... I understand their reasoning for only slightly modified toys of exisiting characters is so people don't have to buy them again (if we are to believe them :cool:). But as collectors many of us will be buying them all anyway, :o so more changes would have been nice... :p

Doubledealer
22nd December 2008, 02:14 PM
Wowsa, Megatron looks FABulous. Only one that interested me last time was Desert Brawl so it's nice to see some of the first few ROTF FAB's looking this good. Looks like the Autobots are going to get tanked in 2009. :eek:

griffin
22nd December 2008, 02:48 PM
A lot of trilogys have the second one ending with loose ends or beaten good guys. It encourages people to tune into the conclusion to have a 'happy ending'.
I'm kinda expecting it with TF2, so we gotta make sure that it does well enough for a third.

Golden Phoenix
22nd December 2008, 04:06 PM
A lot of trilogys have the second one ending with loose ends or beaten good guys. It encourages people to tune into the conclusion to have a 'happy ending'.
I'm kinda expecting it with TF2, so we gotta make sure that it does well enough for a third.

I think I read somewhere that Bay said this wouldn't be the case. So you could walk away from the 2nd film with a good ending while still having some things that can be tied up in the 3rd.
Kind of like Starscream getting away and Barricade basically vanishing in the 1st film (yes I know what happenes to Barricade in the comics and book, but it is basically forgotten in the film)

Bartrim
22nd December 2008, 05:24 PM

I actually think that I read one of the writers say that somewhere. They wanted it to end like "Empire Strikes Back". Where the good guys ended with their backs against the wall but they still had that hope.

FFN
23rd December 2008, 01:59 AM
But Bay said he wanted the movie to essentially be self-contained in that it didn't end on a cliffhanger and force you to go see the next sequel, like many genre franchises do these days.

Interesting Megs mode there. Looks like they have done some slight remodeling to Prime though. Not a completely new mould by the looks of things.

So far I am not terribly impressed by the movie figs......

Just the Forklift.:D It's an all new mold. Parts are completely different and he transforms differently.

griffin
23rd December 2008, 02:37 AM
But Bay said he wanted the movie to essentially be self-contained in that it didn't end on a cliffhanger and force you to go see the next sequel, like many genre franchises do these days.

Was that before or after he said they would be throwing out a lot of mis-information...
Basically, you can't believe anything he says about TF2, even when he says it is the truth.

Tetsuwan Convoy
24th December 2008, 12:37 AM

It's an all new mold. Parts are completely different and he transforms differently.

Does he? I thought it looked wuite similar, mainly with the backpack, the legs and the arms. I notoce the toes still seem to form the grill, it looks like his forearms are still the nose fot eh truck too, so I guessed it was a retool, although quite a bit different.

Golden Phoenix
24th December 2008, 09:03 AM
Was that before or after he said they would be throwing out a lot of mis-information...
Basically, you can't believe anything he says about TF2, even when he says it is the truth.

I actually think he will end it like a normal movie anyway. He would know how much cliff-hanger endings suck for movies. He does seem to want to make a good movie, so I don't think he would screw it up by leaving it on a cliff-hanger

jaydisc
24th December 2008, 12:54 PM
I don't think Bay or his writers could write a cliffhanger if they tried.

SilverDragon
24th December 2008, 01:48 PM
Wow, and I thought Megatron's jet mode looked dubious in toy form...

It IS the FAB version, after all. Can't expect it to be the most epic toy ever.

FFN
25th December 2008, 12:08 AM
Does he? I thought it looked wuite similar, mainly with the backpack, the legs and the arms. I notoce the toes still seem to form the grill, it looks like his forearms are still the nose fot eh truck too, so I guessed it was a retool, although quite a bit different. On the old FAB Prime, the back wheels of the truck ended up on his back, but on this one, they become his legs. That's the easiest way to tell.

dirge
25th December 2008, 12:13 AM
I don't think Bay or his writers could write a cliffhanger if they tried.

Tell us what you really think :p

I'm not interested in FABs myself... but I'd much rather see more FABs than Cyberslammers.

Golden Phoenix
25th December 2008, 09:04 AM
I'd much rather see more FABs than Cyberslammers.

+1

STL
28th December 2008, 10:53 PM
+1
Not me. I don't see the point of FABs at all. They're the exact same price point as Movie toys and they're supposedly easier to transform. From my limited experience, they feel like knocks and are severely simple. I'd much prefer Slammers b/c there's a target audience there - younger kids who aren't necessarily going to be able to transform a Deluxe or Scout. FABs are an inferior alternative and I can't see parents distinguishing the difference between the two lines very well at all. At least not in Australia. Many a parent I chatted with in the TF aisles the previous years just wanted a Prime or BB, didn't matter what it was: robot replica, deluxe or FAB. So for me, I'd much prefer more higher quality toys on the market than an FAB I shudder everytime I pass.

Golden Phoenix
28th December 2008, 11:19 PM
I'd just rather something that actually Transforms over the Cyberslammers "pop up from the roof" thing.
Sure the FAB weren't that great toys, but they were pretty much the beta activators.
If they bring the Activators standard to the 2nd movie toys then they would be find