PDA

View Full Version : Henkei C-20 to be Red Alert

lcz128
23rd December 2008, 12:14 PM
Woots! Yes it's true!
http://tformers.com/transformers-henkei-c-20-announced-as-red-alert/10639/news.html

:)

Golden Phoenix
23rd December 2008, 12:14 PM
Digital Toys (http://www.digital-toys.com/transformers.html) have posted pictures and pre-orders for C20 Red Alert, along with C21 Smokescreen, the Mini-bot sets and the Encore Cassette sets.
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/jimmey-11/other/red_alert.jpg
Red Alert is a repaint of Henkei Lambor. I say Lambor because unlike Universe Sideswipe, he doesn't appear come with the backpack vents that also come with Sunstreaker

Golden Phoenix
23rd December 2008, 12:16 PM
Wow. A dead heat. Posted at the same time.
I guess great minds think alike
lol

lcz128
23rd December 2008, 12:31 PM
Lol! It should probably be merged then :b but still- perfect timing - *highfive*
Also, you may want to not-use their image for direct linking ^^;

Paulbot
23rd December 2008, 12:50 PM
Did they tell you to say that? Are they watching us? Am I being paranoid...? ;)

Golden Phoenix
23rd December 2008, 12:55 PM
but still- perfect timing - *highfive*
HighFive
http://www.digital-tv.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/borat-high-five.jpg

Also, you may want to not-use their image for direct linking ^^;

you happy now?

Lord_Zed
23rd December 2008, 01:08 PM
What no lightbar?

Doubledealer
23rd December 2008, 01:20 PM
Excuse me while I plump my pillow.

Golden Phoenix
23rd December 2008, 01:39 PM
What no lightbar?

Good point. It wouldn't be hard either. Just get it to clip into the spot that the vent thing clips onto.
Does look nice though

i_amtrunks
23rd December 2008, 02:04 PM
Hrmm, I wanted to make my own red Alert, but I know the Henkei will be better than anything I do... wonder if its worth me doing now.

griffin
23rd December 2008, 02:46 PM
I wonder if it is just a mock-up or photoshopped image?
Or maybe applying Prowls lightbar into the slots in some way wouldn't be an affordable modification.
I guess that's what custom parts are for...

gamblor916
23rd December 2008, 03:10 PM
Nice I like it, but he's gotta have his light bar.

kup
23rd December 2008, 04:15 PM
Nice I like it, but he's gotta have his light bar.

I have a feeling that it will have one and this is just a prototype picture.

jacksplatt11
23rd December 2008, 04:25 PM

Well there you go, it's a sure thing because Kup has a feeling...

:p

Golden Phoenix
23rd December 2008, 04:43 PM

Nope. Turns out griffin was right.
http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/2/26/Henkei_Lambor_toy.jpg
I thought it looked familiar.
The red tipped chrome guns also gives it away I guess

Robzy
23rd December 2008, 04:47 PM
Well, we all knew this would happen... and it's great news! I hope we get new versions of all the 84 and 85 cars eventually!

Zippo
23rd December 2008, 04:55 PM
Good, I really like this mold and love having the trio together again. Hadn't thought about the lightbar till now -- and it would be good but I can live without.

However Hasbro/Takara - we need more Decepticons!! Its getting a bit one sided now.

Golden Phoenix
23rd December 2008, 04:58 PM
Well, we all knew this would happen... and it's great news! I hope we get new versions of all the 84 and 85 cars eventually!

Surprise me actually.
Takara has only done 2 repaints for the Henkei line, Skywarp and Thundercracker. As well as Genkei Wildrider, that makes 3, and Henkei Smokescreen and Red Alert will make 5.
Although we knew Smokescreen was coming, I didn't think about Red Alert. I still hope they throw a siren on him like they did with Prowl and Ratchet

Doubledealer
23rd December 2008, 04:58 PM
Good, I really like this mold and love having the trio together again. Hadn't thought about the lightbar till now -- and it would be good but I can live without.

However Hasbro/Takara - we need more Decepticons!! Its getting a bit one sided now.
Or Henkei Punch/Counterpunch would be nice - that way you get the best of both worlds. :p

Robzy
23rd December 2008, 05:02 PM
Surprise me actually.
Takara has only done 2 repaints for the Henkei line, Skywarp and Thundercracker. As well as Genkei Wildrider, that makes 3, and Henkei Smokescreen and Red Alert will make 5.
Although we knew Smokescreen was coming, I didn't think about Red Alert. I still hope they throw a siren on him like they did with Prowl and RatchetDon't forget Henkei Ratchet (repaint & re-tool of Ironhide) :)

Oh yeah... and Dirge & Thrust! I guess that makes 8! ;)

kup
23rd December 2008, 05:05 PM
Nope. Turns out griffin was right.
http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/2/26/Henkei_Lambor_toy.jpg
I thought it looked familiar.
The red tipped chrome guns also gives it away I guess

Prototype photoshop job then :)

Golden Phoenix
23rd December 2008, 05:26 PM
Don't forget Henkei Ratchet (repaint & re-tool of Ironhide) :)

Oh yeah... and Dirge & Thrust! I guess that makes 8! ;)

I left them out because they are retools. So they actually had to make a new mould for (or for part of) them.
Including re-tools, there would also be Streak and Sideswipe, since the originals were Prowl and Sunstreaker.

Gutsman Heavy
23rd December 2008, 05:55 PM
coolness

Robzy
23rd December 2008, 09:13 PM
I left them out because they are retools. So they actually had to make a new mould for (or for part of) them.
Including re-tools, there would also be Streak and Sideswipe, since the originals were Prowl and Sunstreaker.http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk199/sunglikeahorse/optimusprimehead.jpg

Streak isn't a re-tool, is he??? :confused: Apart from removing his siren lights I guess.

Yeah, in any case I was hoping they'd do this eventually, and I'm glad they did!

:)

GoktimusPrime
23rd December 2008, 09:39 PM
Streak isn't a re-tool, is he??? Apart from removing his siren lights I guess.
That counts as a retool - and mouldwise it's as different as G1 Prowl and Bluestreak were from each other. :)

I reckon it'd be neat of Henkei Alert came with a clip-on strobe light accessory like Sunstreaker's boosters that would clip onto the slots already on the roof. It might be cheaper than retooling the roof with strobes.

Robzy
24th December 2008, 12:36 AM
That counts as a retool - and mouldwise it's as different as G1 Prowl and Bluestreak were from each other. :)That's what I thought! It's funny how removing something counts as a retool... I guess it's still making the figure different in some way! To me, I think of a retool when they do something like giving Sideswipe a brand new head (something they should've done with Cliffjumper).

STL
24th December 2008, 12:47 AM
More great news. 2009 will be the year of Henkei for me. I'm not as excited by the movie but am definitely looking forward to these great releases. I'm hoping for a Grapple too.

wrt the lights, I was just thinking they could repaint the engine thinge on Sunstreaker and that'd close to cover it. And yes, those do look heavily photoshopped pics. I hope the Smokescreen comes very close to that though.

GoktimusPrime
24th December 2008, 09:13 AM
giving Sideswipe a brand new head (something they should've done with Cliffjumper).
+1 QFT!!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Photocomic%20Classics%20Gatchaman/classics_gatcha13.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Photocomic%20Classics%20Gatchaman/classics_gatcha14.jpg

dirge
24th December 2008, 10:50 AM
And he'll be poseable enough to be cradled in Henkei Inferno's lap (re: Auto Berzerk) :)

SilverDragon
24th December 2008, 02:53 PM
RED ALERT! WOO WOO WOO WOO-

oh wait wrong red alert.

I get the feeling that Hasbro's probably going to import this into Universe. They did it with Ratchet, why not Red Alert?

Also, we need more Decepticons. Seriously, it's getting a bit one-sided in Universe, with, like, 10 Decepticons and 90 Autobots.

roller
24th December 2008, 04:49 PM
i dont know about one sided

its always been more goodies then baddies

GoktimusPrime
24th December 2008, 06:18 PM
i dont know about one sided

its always been more goodies then baddies
Except for MACHINE WARS - it's an absolutely 50:50 even split there! :D

Golden Phoenix
24th December 2008, 07:34 PM
RED ALERT! WOO WOO WOO WOO-

oh wait wrong red alert.

I get the feeling that Hasbro's probably going to import this into Universe. They did it with Ratchet, why not Red Alert?

Also, we need more Decepticons. Seriously, it's getting a bit one-sided in Universe, with, like, 10 Decepticons and 90 Autobots.

You have to remember that Ratchet is a retool, so it isn't really the same situation

GoktimusPrime
24th December 2008, 11:15 PM
Here's hoping the Universe version won't be called Inferno... again. Especially now with a proper Universe Inferno.

http://www.ridforever.info/gallery/albums/Transformers-Universe-Inferno/hasbro_universe_inferno_2.highlight.jpg Universe Red AlertInferno

kup
24th December 2008, 11:54 PM
Here's hoping the Universe version won't be called Inferno... again. Especially now with a proper Universe Inferno.

http://www.ridforever.info/gallery/albums/Transformers-Universe-Inferno/hasbro_universe_inferno_2.highlight.jpg Universe Red AlertInferno

I don't think it will. Hasbro currently seems a bit adamant in maintaining character names unique within the same 'line' or 'continuity' so if they don't have the rights to Red Alert, he will likely be called Autobot Red Alert or some sort of similar variation.

STL
25th December 2008, 12:16 AM
I just thought about it and I don't like Classics 2.0 Sideswipe's head mold that much but I reckon it works way better on Red Alert.

Golden Phoenix
25th December 2008, 12:20 AM
I just thought about it and I don't like Classics 2.0 Sideswipe's head mold that much but I reckon it works way better on Red Alert.

It does look good in red

liegeprime
25th December 2008, 09:38 AM
Hmm wonder if we ever will get a Universe Trailbreaker/Hoist? Wish we'd get a more decepticons in the ranks, as Silverdragon said. Sure there's a lot of em Ultra Repaints inn Universe which are Decepticons but they ain't G1 homages. They're more of put aside, like, okaaaay we have this figs, we'll just put you guys on this shelf where the universe 1.0 is, while these others( the G1 tributes) are in with the Classics shelf.

dirge
25th December 2008, 09:51 AM
I think part of the reason for the imbalance is the trend for land based & generally realistic vehicles (in Universe 2.0).

If you look at the early G1 ranks, the Autobots have plenty of cars and places, whereas the Decepticons have robotic insects, laser guns, cassettes and the like.

Plus there were just a lot fewer Decepticons back then - which means fewer potential candidates.

GoktimusPrime
27th December 2008, 06:16 PM
Stunticons ftw. ;) (stupid overpriced Universe SE Drag Strip... (-_-))

d*r*j*
27th December 2008, 06:57 PM
Stunticons ftw. ;) (stupid overpriced Universe SE Drag Strip... (-_-))

No way!! He was $30 at toy kingdom and regular Universe Deluxes are $25... it's worth the extra $5 for the spiffy box.

GoktimusPrime
27th December 2008, 07:41 PM
We don't have Toy Kingdom in Sydney. :(

roller
27th December 2008, 08:34 PM
wheres Cranbourne???

I move to WA only to find out that the toy world or Kingdom or watever its called is the one that doesn't get rare stuff like the SDCC leftovers :mad::(

I like cheese

d*r*j*
27th December 2008, 09:17 PM
GP... it's a shame you don't have a TK in Sydney. That shop is really hit and miss though. The one in Fountain Gate is almost like a hobby shop compared to most of them... The other day I was in Northlands and spied some Robot Heroes packs, just the regular ones you get from Kmart etc for $10... these bad guys were $19.99 a piece.

And roller, Cranbourne is in the far, far SouthEast of suburban melbourne... it near Fountain Gate shopping centre on one side and Frankston on the other. It's kind of just a mess of housing developments and we have a field with cows in it at the end of our street.

blackie
28th December 2008, 12:44 AM
we have a field with cows in it at the end of our street.

and a gasseous dump i believe?

Golden Phoenix
28th December 2008, 12:48 AM
It's kind of just a mess of housing developments and we have a field with cows in it at the end of our street.

Most of the outer suburbs are...
Damn expanding population.
*shakes fist*
Stop making babies people, we have enough already

blackie
28th December 2008, 12:59 AM
Most of the outer suburbs are...
Damn expanding population.
*shakes fist*
Stop making babies people, we have enough already

i have found there are some people that shouldnt have lived to reproduce, damm this unharsh world we live in

d*r*j*
28th December 2008, 09:28 AM
and a gasseous dump i believe?

One of the badly planned housing developments has this feature... luckily it isn't ours.

GoktimusPrime
29th December 2008, 11:17 AM
lol... yeah, I know of Frankston. We have similar suburbs here in Sydney like Macquarie Fields and Mount Druitt. I live near Prospect where every day I get to see parents half my age carrying babies around and very loudly using choice language. (-_-)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein