PDA

View Full Version : Video game thread!

Soundwarp
26th January 2008, 08:26 AM
A thread for us to talk about another obsession.

I am in the middle of playing Assasins creed on the PS3, it is a great game but it is too monotonus (Forgive spelling) hell yes doing all the climbing and killing and evading is cool but you do the same thing over and over again. This stops it from being the best game ever.

I'm also playing Need for speed pro street....
OMG the best NFS yet!

Borgeman
26th January 2008, 10:02 AM
yeah me and my bro played and completed assassins creed on ps3 - yes it did get a touch boring story wise, but the fact you could free roam and go on massacre rampages, plus the awesome graphics meant it was fun enough :)

George

Tiby
26th January 2008, 11:55 PM
Wearing myself out on the boxing on the Wii... love it! Also hooked on Lego Star Wars and Prince of Persia, which I have to play standing up to get the full effect!

This is my first time on a console and I chose the Wii for its gameplay, especially the sword-fighting.

TheDirtyDigger
26th January 2008, 11:59 PM
Play Mortal Kombat Armageddon, God of War, Hulk, Burnout3 and Twisted Metal on PS2 with the kids to give them a feel for killing.

Mainly on 2142 online for myself.

Soundwarp
27th January 2008, 07:48 AM
Play Mortal Kombat Armageddon, God of War, Hulk, Burnout3 and Twisted Metal on PS2 with the kids to give them a feel for killing.

Mainly on 2142 online for myself.

Bets game ever.......

Spent $1,000 on a PS3 just so i can get the 3rd one.

turtle boy
27th January 2008, 08:59 AM
thoes of you withan Xbox 360 add me to your friends list if you want. TURTLE B0Y, note the o in boy is a Zero and its all in caps.:)

TheDirtyDigger
27th January 2008, 09:36 AM
Bets game ever.......

Spent $1,000 on a PS3 just so i can get the 3rd one.

Did you see my 12 inch Kratos SW? A fine looking fellow indeed!:cool::)

Couldn't pass him up after playing the ultimate game that it is.

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/1742/kratosxa8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Adzma
27th January 2008, 11:09 AM
I was just playin' Halo 3. If anyone wants to add me on XBL my tag is Adzma, same as here. Also have a Wii, the greatest consoles of the 7th generation. Sif the PS3 :p.

Kyle
27th January 2008, 11:24 AM
With Zelda Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime Corruption and Mario Galaxy, Wii has become my favourite console. :D

Soundwarp
27th January 2008, 02:46 PM
Did you see my 12 inch Kratos SW? A fine looking fellow indeed!:cool::)

Couldn't pass him up after playing the ultimate game that it is.

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/1742/kratosxa8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Lol i have one and a 6" one with the god armour

The_Damned
27th January 2008, 04:18 PM
just finished playing through the F.E.A.R. series. awesome series.

Soundwarp
27th January 2008, 05:06 PM
Assasins creed: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/2694-Zero-Punctuation-Assassin-s-Creed

I think you'll enjoy that. :)

As for pro street, carbon is far superior. :)

As for what I'm playing, lately it's a bit of ultima7 and also whatever looks to be a good shooter or driver from my several thousand list of arcade games in mame. :) I pretty much find myself playing 1942 series and outrun a lot though.

Swearing!

OMG that review was amazing!

Soundwarp
28th January 2008, 08:45 AM
Brillianlty done!

Oh by the way i have a big bar or soap ready for you :p

NEMESIS PRIME
28th January 2008, 09:33 AM
I'm also playing Need for speed pro street....
OMG the best NFS yet!
Im waiting for it to go down in price.......but i've almost finished NFSC ,I CANT WAIT TILL I GET NFSPS.
I play BF2 (I got the BF2 Complete Collection for half price just before Christmas which was only $50:eek:) If anyone plays BF2 my name is VanillaCokeTitan

Soundwarp
28th January 2008, 10:19 AM
^ I've been umming and arring about BF2 is it any good?

hoardz01
29th January 2008, 08:13 PM
Call of Duty 4 online with the PS3........good fun. Plus the single player`campaign is completely nuts! Definately my pick for some shooty-goodness.
Also trying to get armored core 4 working online but having some major difficulties...shame because giant robots blowing up other giant robots generally is my sort of thing.

Tetsuwan Convoy
3rd February 2008, 02:25 AM
As for what I'm playing, lately it's a bit of ultima7 and also whatever looks to be a good shooter or driver from my several thousand list of arcade games in mame. :) I pretty much find myself playing 1942 series and outrun a lot though.

Phwoar! Ultima 7 is AWESOMEST of the bestest!

I have disconverd a Mega CD Emulator for my PSP, so its been mainly Sonic CD and the lame ass Time Gal as of late.

Phantom Hourglass on DS, although I just can't bring myself to finish it. It just feels a tad too short.

Kyle
3rd February 2008, 11:36 AM
Phantom Hourglass on DS, although I just can't bring myself to finish it. It just feels a tad too short.

It was very sad to finish the game. It wasn't that short, but I wanted more. Everything was so perfectly done.

Soundwarp
3rd February 2008, 12:10 PM
It was very sad to finish the game. It wasn't that short, but I wanted more. Everything was so perfectly done.

Man i hate that, i diddn't want to finish GOW II cause i loved it so much.

NEMESIS PRIME
7th February 2008, 04:15 PM
^ I've been umming and arring about BF2 is it any good?

Sorry for replying late, i forgot about this thread :o ,BF2 is pretty good if you do end up geting bf2 the best option is the BF2 COMPLETE COLLECTION which is a better price with more stuff than buying the things seperatly.

In BF2 you can : Unlock Weapons (if u buy the Special Forces Expansion pack you can unlock more weapons in normal BF2 :) ),You can also drive/fly Helicopters,Cars,Tanks & Planes,

+ Alot of Other stuff. (like if your the Commander you can fire Artillary on enemy positions) (You can also destroy your opponents "assets" (UAV ect...) with C4 explosives ).

If you have any more specific questions feel free to ask.:cool:

TheDirtyDigger
7th February 2008, 04:42 PM
I play 2142 which is basically the same thing but a little into the future so that means better weapons and vehicles. BF2 and 2142 are awesome SW!
As a real soldier not a play soldier like me you will really appreciate it.
There are heaps of military guys in there playing as well.
BF2 is more popular but I personally love 2142 more.
It doesn't feel that far in the future as the weapons are based on moder versions....I think they should have called it 2042 personally.

Throw up some screenshots later on of the 11 awards I won in one round that had me....exstatic. If I get 2 awards I'm very, very happy. Once I got to eight I started telling the dudes in my squad about it in a very excitable manner. Good fun...good times.

Paulbot
30th October 2008, 11:54 AM
For anyone else who has a DS and Pokemon Diamond or Pearl you might be interested to know that from Thursday 30 Oct to Sunday 9 Nov you can download Darkrai, one of the Legendary Pokemon, from Target and Toys R Us stores nationwide. It's a Pokemon you can't get through normal gameplay. I'm popping down today to try. Gotta catch em all! :D

More details at Nintendo.com (http://gamesites.nintendo.com.au/darkrai/)

i_amtrunks
30th October 2008, 12:06 PM
I'll have to dust off my Diamond cartridge, and pop on down to Target sometime.

Thanks for the headsup Paulbot!

jacksplatt11
30th October 2008, 01:39 PM
Ahh I remember back in the day when I got Mew on Pokemon Red, from Greensborough I think? Good times...

I have played a friends Diamond but unfortunately I don't have a DS so I won't be getting this, unless I buy a DS and either Diamond or Pearl, hmmm...

Scattershot
30th October 2008, 05:37 PM
I've been playing Battlefield: Bad Company. Love it! But atm I've rented Call of Duty 4. Definetly going to buy this cept I'm not paying $115 for it. Waiting for it to come down when the new Call od Duty : World at war comes out in a few weeks. My PS3 online name is Scattershot05 if anyone wants to add me. Just send me a msg so I know who you are though. And for all you BF: BC players thev;e got 4 new maps coming out tomorrow I think so download them and hopefully they have fixed the VOIP problems in the update as well.

Golden Phoenix
30th October 2008, 07:47 PM
For anyone else who has a DS and Pokemon Diamond or Pearl you might be interested to know that from Thursday 30 Oct to Sunday 9 Nov you can download Darkrai, one of the Legendary Pokemon, from Target and Toys R Us stores nationwide. It's a Pokemon you can't get through normal gameplay. I'm popping down today to try. Gotta catch em all! :D

More details at Nintendo.com (http://gamesites.nintendo.com.au/darkrai/)

Picked one up after I bumped into you. I got a good one too, thank god. Now I can use him in battle.
Also found that some EBGames are doing it too. The one on Swanson is, not sure how many others. Might be just that one because they are making a Nintendo shop above it.

Oh, and I found if you pick him up at Target, you wont be able to get a second from another store or Toys'R'Us

blackie
30th October 2008, 08:09 PM
Picked one up after I bumped into you. I got a good one too, thank god. Now I can use him in battle.
Also found that some EBGames are doing it too. The one on Swanson is, not sure how many others. Might be just that one because they are making a Nintendo shop above it.

Oh, and I found if you pick him up at Target, you wont be able to get a second from another store or Toys'R'Us

so i get one on my cartridge and one on the missus's one :D
good plan methinks

Gutsman Heavy
30th October 2008, 08:15 PM
i have Fallout 3, so nyer!

Stompy
30th October 2008, 08:28 PM
I have Fallout 3 as well and Fable 2 and Dead Space and Farcry 2! About to plop Fallout 3 in the 360 but Dead Space will probably prevent me from playing any of my recently acquired games. Sci-Fi action horror done right!

I will bring my Pearl cart to Target next I'm there. I saw the kiosk for it. It's DIY.

swoop
31st October 2008, 08:45 PM
I went to target this afternoon to get darkrai and the kid didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I was so frustrated with him I had to leave, so I'll try again on monday. Was there anything special that I have to do?

Paulbot
31st October 2008, 09:09 PM
There's instructions in that link I posted to the Nintendo site.. but basically you just have to use the Mystery Gift option when you start the game up and then start the game and go to a PokeMart to collect it.

If you don't have the Mystery Gift option heres instructions on how to activate it (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mystery_Gift#Generation_IV).

Scattershot
31st October 2008, 09:14 PM
Whats Farcry 2 like? Thinking of getting it.

Stompy
1st November 2008, 04:01 AM
Haven't played much Farcry 2, but it's an open ended "sandbox" game. You get 50 square kilometers of Africa to go where you want and you can approach your mercenary missions in any way you want. Wait til night time for a stealthy ambush or try the guns blazing approach. I personally just like driving into the encampment and run over as much troops as I can before gunning them down. You can also try smoking them out with fire and watch it spread and then pick them off when they run out.

I reccomend GameRankings (http://www.gamerankings.com/) for a list of reviews. Watch a couple of video reviews. I reccomend the Gametrailers or Gamespot video reviews. It's a pretty safe buy but it can get really difficult.

Paulbot
3rd July 2009, 10:37 AM
I found out yesterday that Street Fighter IV is available for PCs. I've got to check my computer's specs because I'd love to be able to get that game but I'm not ready to make an investment in an XBOX just yet.

However while researching SFIV I found out that Marvel vs Capcom 2 is being released (as a download) for PS3 and XBOX. If you've got either console I'd recommend it, I've got the PS2 version and it's great fun although the final boss is a bit tough unless you have the right trio of villains. As a Marvel Comics fan I love that it has very Marvel character that's been in a Vs game plus a few bonus ones.

piratescratch
3rd July 2009, 10:54 AM
I found out yesterday that Street Fighter IV is available for PCs. I've got to check my computer's specs because I'd love to be able to get that game but I'm not ready to make an investment in an XBOX just yet.

However while researching SFIV I found out that Marvel vs Capcom 2 is being released (as a download) for PS3 and XBOX. If you've got either console I'd recommend it, I've got the PS2 version and it's great fun although the final boss is a bit tough unless you have the right trio of villains. As a Marvel Comics fan I love that it has very Marvel character that's been in a Vs game plus a few bonus ones.

Download the Street Fighter 4 benchmark (http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=street+fighter+4+benchmark&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=0&oq=) and give that a run to see if your computer can handle it. And if so and you do buy it, post your gamer tag up so we can challenge each other.

Paulbot
3rd July 2009, 11:34 AM
Yeah I will do that, but I have a feeling my video card wont be up to spec... Worth a try though.

Tetsuwan Convoy
7th July 2009, 02:32 PM

MvC2 is a brilliant game. I ave it on Dreamcast and thought it was the bees knees. The last guy though, hmm found him easy the first time, but as I played the difficulty grows to match your skills. Now I can't get to the last boss anymore...

shokwave2
9th July 2009, 06:58 AM
Whats Farcry 2 like? Thinking of getting it.

FarCry 2 is a good game IMO. It's a huge African jungle/savanna sandbox. As Stompy said, you can attack enemies as you wish. Run in guns blazing, pick them off safely with a sniper or wait till dark, etc. It does get very repetitive though. Most missions are the same. Kill this person, steal this truck, deliver these goods. It's a good game to play in small doses. Multiplayer is ok, nothing compared to Call of Duty. There's also the map maker which is pretty deep. I'd rate it an 8/10 personally.

Paulbot
10th July 2009, 04:53 PM
Download the Street Fighter 4 benchmark (http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=street+fighter+4+benchmark&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=0&oq=) and give that a run to see if your computer can handle it. And if so and you do buy it, post your gamer tag up so we can challenge each other.

I gave that a try last night, and the music is cool, but the demo of gameplay is in slow motion. I thought that would be the case. Looks like I'll need a console to play it.