PDA

View Full Version : Incoming Custom...

lcz128
24th December 2008, 10:01 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/lcz128_photos/Transformers/Transformers_DEC08007_S.jpg
DUN DUN DUN!!!!
(yes, I intentionally took the photo so that detail is obscured and so you can only see the silhouette) ;)
(and yes, he hasn't been properly painted nor put back-together - the only mods are the neck mod, head mod and crest mod :D)

Paulbot
24th December 2008, 10:17 AM
Classic Soundwave? :)

turtle boy
24th December 2008, 10:20 AM
I love that pic.

lcz128
24th December 2008, 10:23 AM
Classic Soundwave? :)
uh... ^^; no - it's a far more obvious repaint :b And I wouldn't do a soundwave without the ability of cassette-chest area :(

I love that pic.

Paulbot
24th December 2008, 10:52 AM
uh... ^^; no - it's a far more obvious repaint :b And I wouldn't do a soundwave without the ability of cassette-chest area :(

I think I know, but looking at the shape of the head in shadow and the shape of the window on the chest and I reckon it wouldn't be much work to make it Soundwave. :)

jacksplatt11
24th December 2008, 12:19 PM
From what I'm seeing lcz, it looks very obvious.. Otherwise I'm in for a huge surprise.. Sweet looking pic too

gamblor916
24th December 2008, 02:37 PM
Nice pic with the piping.

iceburn
24th December 2008, 04:15 PM
RAISES his hand up high!!
i know i know.....

jaydisc
24th December 2008, 09:49 PM
Obvious character. Great pic.

STL
25th December 2008, 12:10 AM
:rolleyes: Looks like trash. :rolleyes:

lcz128
29th December 2008, 09:18 PM
I think I know, but looking at the shape of the head in shadow and the shape of the window on the chest and I reckon it wouldn't be much work to make it Soundwave. :)
And actually - considering the (rumoured) origins of this toy, that makes a lot of sense, too! :o Gasp! I'd have to figure out a way to do the chest first though :\ and it wouldn't fit ravage at all ... :( Still - cool idea :D Me likes!

From what I'm seeing lcz, it looks very obvious.. Otherwise I'm in for a huge surprise.. Sweet looking pic too
Haha - Sorry - no Big surprises here - pretty stock-standard, easy-to-guess repaint. Yep, it's smokescreenBATMAN.
Uh - no - it's not. :b (really - it's just the obvious answer :b) Thanks and glad u liked the pic though!

Nice pic with the piping.
Thanks gamblor sir!

RAISES his hand up high!!
i know i know.....
Shh shh! You don't get points for knowing already :b Also! I've redone the crest on his forehead :D Had to use two seperate pieces and glued them together on his forehead :b

Obvious character. Great pic.
Thanks jay! ^_^ U're not that easy to impress so that's great to hear ^_^

:rolleyes: Looks like trash. :rolleyes:
Haha! So - caues it looks like trash, I suppose I should reluctantly give it away to a willing friend, huh? ;b

-----------

In other news, I've now given the sucka two coats of spray-paint and he's already lookin' ROCKIN'! (In my personal, biased opinion) (That said, typically I like it, then when I compare it to others once completed, I end up only picking out the flaws - so - I'm going to enjoy it while it's WIP :b)
Just have a bit of secondary paint ap application to do now (which I will work on tonight) while waiting the day or two that I'm going to leave this sucka to dry on ^_^ (leaving the toy to dry makes such a huge difference! Being impatient just messes things bad! ... though the temptation is terrible <_<)

In other incoming custom news, one of ice's customs just got himself some custom sculpting done, which just needs some sanding, then adding some secondary sculpting to round it off :D

Oh - exciting times indeed. In other other news, work on Seasprays progresses steadily - the biggest problem as usual being the need to wait for coats to dry - and even when working on three at a time - the amount of time needed to dry the suckers is longer than it takes to move on from toy-to-toy...

Awh well :\

Ah - and in other other other news, sanding and cutting has begun on the Acid Storms. :D 2x Sunstorms & some Acid Storms are coming up... :b

Geminii
29th December 2008, 11:03 PM
The crest does kinda give it away. :)

Paulbot
30th December 2008, 10:42 PM
And actually - considering the (rumoured) origins of this toy, that makes a lot of sense, too! :o Gasp! I'd have to figure out a way to do the chest first though :\ and it wouldn't fit ravage at all ... :( Still - cool idea :D Me likes!
And save a spare Animated Soundwave so you have a head ready to swap in.
(You could use the leftover Ironhide head and Soundwave body to make Animated Ironhide! )

iceburn
30th December 2008, 10:45 PM
(You could use the leftover Ironhide head and Soundwave body to make Animated Ironhide! )

will that really work out for an animated ironhide? :P

Golden Phoenix
30th December 2008, 11:22 PM
And save a spare Animated Soundwave so you have a head ready to swap in.

But Ironhide sposed to be a Ratchet redeco

Paulbot
30th December 2008, 11:32 PM
But Ironhide sposed to be a Ratchet redeco

Well yes, but what else do you do with a leftover Ironhide head? ;)

lcz128
2nd January 2009, 12:00 AM
Well, this thread went off on its merry lil way, didn't it? XD
But yeah - Won't be doing that - If I do a soundwave out of an ironhide - it'll be with sculpting over the existing head :)
Works better that way IMO :D

Thanks for the ideas though peoples :D

But back on topic now:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/lcz128_photos/Transformers/Transformers_Dec08009.jpg

That's how he looked like this morn !

Since then, he's had a clear coat, reassembly of his clear parts and chest as well as silverification of his bumpers :D
He's also now reassembled bar his arms which are being worked on ^_^
After that, more waiting for drying then some stripe-painting :D

turtle boy
3rd January 2009, 10:33 PM
Well, this thread went off on its merry lil way, didn't it? XD
But yeah - Won't be doing that - If I do a soundwave out of an ironhide - it'll be with sculpting over the existing head :)
Works better that way IMO :D

Thanks for the ideas though peoples :D

But back on topic now:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/lcz128_photos/Transformers/Transformers_Dec08009.jpg

That's how he looked like this morn !

Since then, he's had a clear coat, reassembly of his clear parts and chest as well as silverification of his bumpers :D
He's also now reassembled bar his arms which are being worked on ^_^
After that, more waiting for drying then some stripe-painting :D

Me likey, Ratchet, I assume?