PDA

View Full Version : OP leader class

Autocon
3rd January 2009, 12:07 AM
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-9/image-of-new-movie-optimus-prime-toy-with-mech-alive-gimmick-166508/

ooOOOo

griffin
3rd January 2009, 01:17 AM
How the heck do these people get these images/toys? Obviously not legally. That image looks so covert, with it only catching a small part of the packaging. It can really spoil it a little not being surprised at all when the toys come out and you are finding out stuff about them as you hold them in your hands at the store. I feel for the designers who often put in so much creative effort into the toys, only to see the fans picking over scraps and missing the whole 'picture' or concept until after misleading opinions have been formed.

Stompy
3rd January 2009, 09:16 AM
I feel for the designers who often put in so much creative effort into the toys, only to see the fans picking over scraps and missing the whole 'picture' or concept until after misleading opinions have been formed.

Unfortunately that's the nature of fandom. Videogames suffer the most from this syndrome but at least the developers are prepared for it. I'm pretty sure they forsaw leaks as soon as the toys are made to go into production.

Otherwise, looks like a nice feature and a new mould!

GoktimusPrime
3rd January 2009, 10:58 AM
Sometimes these leaks work favourably - like when the images of movie Megatron's head got leaked and fans freaked out about it, Michael Bay then decided to have it changed. But yeah, little wonder why some directors like Michael Bay, George Lucas etc. have been known to allow false spoilers to be released onto the web... I don't know if toy designers will ever have to do this. :/

kup
3rd January 2009, 02:04 PM
Mech Alive!

FFN
3rd January 2009, 06:41 PM
It seems the robot mode is much more accurate than the last Leader class Movie Prime.

llamatron
3rd January 2009, 07:06 PM
There is a full version of the pic floating around out there and the robot mode is more movie accurate (the only downside being some hip/wheel kibble).

Gutsman Heavy
3rd January 2009, 08:35 PM
There is a full version of the pic floating around out there and the robot mode is more movie accurate (the only downside being some hip/wheel kibble).

omg! link?

SilverDragon
3rd January 2009, 09:27 PM
Holy crap, I may have to save up for this one.

FFN
4th January 2009, 05:50 AM
Seibertron and 4chan have the full picture up. Toy looks amazing. I don't know how HasTak did it. Probably Japanese toy magicks.

liegeprime
4th January 2009, 08:20 AM
hmph, NOW they put out a figure WITH the swords. Guess they realized that "someone else" was capitalizing on their lack of it. I don't think Id fork out cash for another version since the first figure only needs a sword or two which can be ordered easily online, the other gimmicks I can live without, its dependent on batteries anyway, once those electronic gimmicks fail it'll end up just like any other TF, the gimmick is in the transformation from one mode to another. Sure it may come with a variance in its transformation sequence but I think its not too drastic and significant a change to warrant for a second purchase.

FFN
4th January 2009, 08:53 AM
Dude, it transforms almost completely differently to the original toy (as in, the transformation is now almost movie-accurate, or as close as they could get it). It also looks about a thousand times more accurate in robot mode :D

It's possible the dual blades thing is part of the plot, as his FAB toy has the same gimmick.

Kyle
4th January 2009, 09:00 AM
The full body shot is amazing. :eek:

This will be the toy of 2009!!!

GoktimusPrime
4th January 2009, 09:06 AM
saw the full body shot... yet to be convinced about the merits of buying this toys. I might change my mind after I see more (better) photos, but right now I'm with liegeprime in terms of not having a desire to buy this toy right now. :/

kup
4th January 2009, 10:04 AM
Two Leader Primes for me are enough, I don't need any more.

If I do, I am likely to only collect the new characters.

Golden Phoenix
4th January 2009, 10:27 AM
Meh. I wasn't a fan of the robot modes in the movie, well most of them.
Although I would be a bit sus about "Anonymous" from 4chan.
Chances are it is real, but the group could just be screwing us around. Mind you they usually do that to Scientologists

FFN
4th January 2009, 10:34 AM
Comparison between the first toy, the CG and the new toy:

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6396/leaderprimesap0.th.jpg (http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6396/leaderprimesap0.jpg)

Robzy
4th January 2009, 10:54 AM
Comparison between the first toy, the CG and the new toy:

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6396/leaderprimesap0.th.jpg (http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6396/leaderprimesap0.jpg)When you look at those photos you really can notice the difference!

Stompy
4th January 2009, 11:15 AM
Looking absolutely gorgeous. My only concern is if this Prime will have a slight backpack. The arms used to be the back of the actual cab but it's now the front bonnet. Hopefully there is some funky panel fold-ins to ensure there is no backpack.

I for one cannot wait. Movie Leader Prime was a blast to transform.

Gutsman Heavy
4th January 2009, 12:11 PM
oh yum

Hereticpoo
4th January 2009, 12:18 PM
Thank God I never bought any movie toys the first time. That really looks good. Hats off to Hasbro. (I never thought I'd say that)

I'm so glad they fixed the 'skirt' kibble with the wheels.

Anyway enough about Hasbro, its time to get fanboy; I CANT WAIT TO SEE TAKARA's :D Sorry Hasbro :o

GoktimusPrime
4th January 2009, 12:51 PM
Mmm... then what happens when TF3 comes out and something even better rolls along? Gaaargh! (-_-)

Pipesqueak
4th January 2009, 01:43 PM
Great for those sticklers for movie accuracy but I wasn't a huge fan of prime's movie look and liked the chunkier toy version we got first time around. Mostly I'll be looking to add new characters to my existing movie collection rather than starting a new 'movie 2' collection. There might be exceptions if, for example, they made a beefier version of ironhide to replace the anorexic looking one we got last time.

G1Optimal
4th January 2009, 02:56 PM
:eek::cool:

I Know, what i am going to try and get this year. :p

The things i am really worried about now is how much and will i be able to get one? :confused::(

griffin
4th January 2009, 04:30 PM
Hasbro can't be blamed for the first toys having an 'inspired look' rather than being an 'accurate representation', because of the time frame they had to work with. Even though animation models were produced early, every cast member looked much different to the original animation models, and Hasbro could only work from whatever they had from the Movie people at the time they were producing the prototypes, some 6-8 months before the toys were being produced and sent out to stores. They had to fast-track some processes, which would have allowed them to 'touch up' the look or engineering of the toys more, but all they could do is go on what they knew at a time before the characters were even being animated in post-production.
At least now they have had a couple years to make more accurate toys for those cast members that are keeping their original forms, and should mean much better toys for us to collect. But the downside is that the toys for the new characters, or any character that changes form in TF2, will have a much different look to them or less accurately reflect their screen appearance. It'll leave us with a 2-tiered toyline, with 'accurate toys' and 'inspired toys'.

FFN
4th January 2009, 04:34 PM
Apparently the lead time for designing toys was so long that Hasbro made Bay and the production team choose vehicle modes very early in pre-production. Hence rush jobs like Brawl where they reused an old prop from xXx: State of the Union.

GoktimusPrime
4th January 2009, 04:42 PM
Great for those sticklers for movie accuracy but I wasn't a huge fan of prime's movie look and liked the chunkier toy version we got first time around.
I like Prime's movie look, but like you I'm not a huge stickler for movie-accuracy and I also don't mind the chunkiness of the current Leader Class Prime... so unless this toy offers me something more substantial as a toy beyond mere visual fidelity with the movie model, then I remain rather uncompelled to rush out and buy it. I probably will get this toy though. :p

Lord_Zed
4th January 2009, 06:26 PM
Getting me to buy an sort of leader is always a hard sell. I think this leader looks better than the last one based on that pciture, but I'd like to see some more photos first. Seems like missing out on the first Movie Prime may actaly pay of (I was waiting to get the shiny one like Kup has, but never got round to it).

Minf you he still seems to have some lame electronic features, I wonder if this one has waist articulation?

But Goktimus is right, movie 3 Prime may kick this ones butt, assuming the 2nd movie does well enough to get a 3rd chance.

snazzbot 101
4th January 2009, 07:11 PM
Getting me to buy an sort of leader is always a hard sell. I think this leader looks better than the last one based on that pciture, but I'd like to see some more photos first. Seems like missing out on the first Movie Prime may actaly pay of (I was waiting to get the shiny one like Kup has, but never got round to it).

Minf you he still seems to have some lame electronic features, I wonder if this one has waist articulation?

But Goktimus is right, movie 3 Prime may kick this ones butt, assuming the 2nd movie does well enough to get a 3rd chance.

Aww man, were not needing a Transformers 3 spoiler policy are we?

The new Prime is a fantastic update - and the original Leader class is one of my favs (the chromed versions on The List for someday...).

"Mech Alive" got me thinking of some old-skool Roboto gear-turning action...

Kyle
4th January 2009, 07:26 PM
I know they'll release a "Premium" (or whatever new name they use) version down the track. But I'll still go ahead and buy this as soon as I see it. Please Hasbro, you can release the "Premium" but at least don't give us a lame excuse. :o:p

Tiby
4th January 2009, 09:00 PM
I can't wait for this. I never really clicked with the original movie prime (even though I have 4 of the mould...). He was cool to transform but just looked wrong, and the fact that his arms didn't come out of the bonnet really bugged me.

Hasbro, you will be parting another fool from his money soon...