PDA

View Full Version : Perth Shops - Potential TF Stockists

Gasaraki
3rd January 2009, 01:19 PM
Allright, I realise that the vast majority of people are gonna be from the big eastern states, but as there are some living here in the far west ('out in the sticks':)), I thought it may be worthwhile starting a thread like this. My fellow Perthians, please feel free to add/correct as necessary ;)

(New items added in RED)

Kmart
Generally good to wait for sales, as they come frequently.
Stores at Innaloo, Morley Galleria, Belmont Forum, Booragoon Garden City, Cannington Carousel, Joondalup Lakeside, and Mirrabooka Square.
Innaloo is probably the best of the lot - frequent restocks, and often first with new stuff.

Big W
Cheapest overall unless Kmart has a sale, but variable stock.
Stores at Belmont Forum, Karrinyup, Mirrabooka Square, Whitfords, and others further out.

David Jones
Seem to get lots of stuff first, but slow to restock. And expensive.
Stores at Perth City, and Karrinyup.
The Garden City & Claremont branches don't have toy sections :(

Myer
Sometimes have pretty good sales - like right now!!
Stores at Perth City, Karrinyup, Booragoon Garden City, Morley Galleria, Cannington Carousel, and Fremantle.

Toyworld
Worth checking sometimes, but expect to pay for it.
Stores within the metro area at Fremantle, Claremont, Subiaco, and Hillarys (near Whitfords).

Toys R Us
Once again, expect to pay for it here - but they have some exclusives.
Two stores in WA, at Morley & Cannington.

Empire Toys
Specialty store on Hay St, Perth City. Naturally, expect to pay premiums on items from here coz it's special imports and rares only - but they do have some nice items (including the only place I've seen Binaltechs on shelves!).

Target
Probably not even worth mentioning, seeing how crap they are at TF stock.
Stores at Perth City, Innaloo, Morley Galleria, Whitfords, etc.
Some said their toy sections look like warzones most of the time - I tend to agree...

And last but not least, some great private sellers operating locally:

FiguresDirect (http://www.figuresdirect.com.au)
Most probably already know this online order site. What some may not know is that the dude lives in Perth metro area and will accept pickup orders (usually from his workplace in East Perth), which cuts out postage costs. Nice selection of stuff, and decent prices to boot!

FigureBOT (http://stores.ebay.com.au/FigureBOT)
An eBay seller with a nice range of current items (including some Takara stuff) offering local pickup in Beckenham or Perth CBD.

Nifty's Toys & Games (http://stores.ebay.com.au/niftystoysandgames)
Another eBay seller, also with a pretty good range of TF items. Offers local pickup from Yokine.

Autocon
3rd January 2009, 03:34 PM
:eek: your a perth person

why are you never at Perth meets? hrmmm

Gasaraki
3rd January 2009, 03:52 PM
:eek: your a perth person

why are you never at Perth meets? hrmmm

Haha... well, actually I only joined this forum recently.

Plus I might be too busy under most normal circumstances - I'm married and also a full-time professional, though I still manage to make the odd trip to scout out TF stocks now and then :)

Kyle
4th January 2009, 01:23 AM
Allright, I realise that the vast majority of people are gonna be from the big eastern states, but as there are some living here in the far west ('out in the sticks':)), I thought it may be worthwhile starting a thread like this. My fellow Perthians, please feel free to add/correct as necessary ;)

There're currently 32 Perthians on the forum. :)

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=371

About 10 of us attend "regular" meets. :p

Toys R Us
Once again, expect to pay for it here - but they have some exclusives.
Two stores in WA, at Morley & Cannington.

There's also TRU Joondalup. :p

Oilspill
5th January 2009, 12:59 PM
Handy post that. Cheers. Always good to have another Perthian here :)

Target are definitely worth mentioning, I've had some luck there from time to time (City in particular, Morley is often lacking).... but moreso because they get some exclusives (like Stealth Lockdown and Puke Ratchet).

Geminii
2nd March 2009, 03:09 AM
Empire Toys
Specialty store on Hay St, Perth City. Naturally, expect to pay premiums on items from here coz it's special imports and rares only - but they do have some nice items (including the only place I've seen Binaltechs on shelves!).

I've seen some at the Freo markets. There's a little stall there which sells all kinds of odds and ends, including a large selection of things which light up (LEDs, neon, lasers). And, on at least one occasion, Binaltech figures.

Zahhak
6th March 2009, 09:26 PM
Binaltechs are also available(in very small amounts) at Freaks and Geeks toys on hay street. I'm pretty sure its actuly an expansion of Empire Toys (Notice they replaced all their goth toys with comics?) and sells mostly cloths and random action figures from gears of war FF, Nightmare before chirstmas ect ect.
But you can get some Transformers attire(a bit pricy but they get mark down regularly) and some alternators and other stuff, Like that Optimus Prime Ipod speaker dock and reissue of Skylynx.

Tokyo underground is next to it's spose to be a vintage toyshop but you wont find many transformers there, but I'd recomende it for fans of Car models or Gundam Wing(especialy Gundamwing)

Tabias Prime
7th March 2009, 04:37 PM
Just been to Midland Big W. large selection there of universe and animated.

Ace
9th March 2009, 01:50 AM
Hi guys,

My first post, so here goes! Just thought i'd mention that i was able to pick up a Masterpiece Prime with trailer (think its MP-04?) from Target in Whitfords a few months ago in 2008. I was amazed when i saw it being advertised. So for that reason I always check Target.. They're always capable of the odd surpise.

1orion2many
9th March 2009, 09:40 AM
:)Welcome to the funnyfarm Ace, Yes Target get's the odd Japanese Import in every now and then. The W.A army groweth :D. Post an intro in Board and member intros but only if you want to.;)

snaketales
17th December 2011, 10:23 PM
Nifty's Toys and Games has opened a shop in the Coventry markets in Morley, with Transformers, Lego and various other action figures.

Autocon
18th December 2011, 02:14 AM
Nifty's Toys and Games has opened a shop in the Coventry markets in Morley, with Transformers, Lego and various other action figures.

Is this open now?

Tetsuwan Convoy
23rd December 2011, 08:17 PM
Is this open now?

Yup.

snaketales
2nd March 2012, 03:51 PM
Is this open now?

Alas it is now closed.

Gasaraki
5th April 2013, 02:48 AM
Have been mentioning this in the sightings thread - eBay user figurebot (http://stores.ebay.com.au/FigureBOT?_trksid=p4340.l2563) is someone I recently found out about... a pretty good range of regularly updated and current stuff (including some Japanese TFs) at very reasonable retail equivalent prices.

Offers pickup from Beckenham or CBD.

Destron Warrior
17th August 2013, 03:12 PM
Hi guys I have recently started up in Perth. :)

If you type "Destron" into Gumtree you'll see a list of Items I have for sale Transformers, Third Party and other figures from the 70's, 80's, 90' and 00's.

To view our other items we along with other collectors will be at the

Collectors Zone Toy and Hobby Fair Sunday 1st of September
Craigie Leisure Center Whitfords ave, Craigie, 9:30am -2pm

NEXUS Toy Fair 12th of October
Leisurelife Centre, East Victoria Park, 9am - 12 noon

Check out my other Gumtree and Ebay items at Destron Warrior Collectables on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Destron-Warrior-Collectables/472675056160005

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/greenwood/collectables/planet-x-project-genesis-w-extra-head-transformers-3p-misb/1025431100

Paulbot
6th April 2014, 03:33 PM
I'll be in Perth in about a month's time. Unfortunately my trip isn't timed with Nexus Fair or the Collector Zone fairs. Apart from the chain stores, it looks like the only place to look at TFs is Empire Toys. Any good comic shops in Perth to recommend too?

Chrtop
19th November 2014, 09:01 PM
Hi Gasaraki - I own Collector Zone! Comics & Collectables, perths newest Collectables store. We stock a range of Transformers, new & old, loose & boxed. I wonder if its ok to post my store details here, so people can see what I have on offer?
www.collectorzone.com.au
www.facebook.com/collectorzonecomicsandcollectables
Thanks for your time - Chris

Ace
19th November 2014, 11:33 PM
Toyworld is no longer in Hillarys I'm pretty sure?

There is a new Toyworld store on Balcatta though :-)

jmacbrid
25th January 2015, 07:35 PM
Handy information to know.

Cheers Jamie

drifand
25th January 2015, 08:50 PM
Toyworld is no longer in Hillarys I'm pretty sure?

There is a new Toyworld store on Balcatta though :-)

has been there for ages. And this is since Hasbro MP starscream was out

Caffinetron
14th April 2017, 02:25 PM
Which stores in the cbd are still open. It's been a while since this was posted. I'll be in the cbd area for work this week so just wondering if there are any specialty stores that are still open that I should go to. Not interested in Target etc as they all stock the same stuff. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

snaketales
14th April 2017, 03:01 PM
Which stores in the cbd are still open. It's been a while since this was posted. I'll be in the cbd area for work this week so just wondering if there are any specialty stores that are still open that I should go to. Not interested in Target etc as they all stock the same stuff. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Excluding mass retailers, there's not much. I think there's only Zing in Hay Street Mall EB Games. Last I was there, there was only a couple of TR voyagers.
There might be something in what was once Empire on Hay Street down near His Majesty's, but I haven't been there for ages and don't know if it's even still open.

Ralph Wiggum
14th April 2017, 05:30 PM
No Empire Toys is long gone. There is a records/collectables/pop culture store there called High Fidelity, but they don't sell TFs. Zing at EB games has a small collection of TR stuff. I've seen Masterpieces at Quality Comics on Hay st every now and then.

Caffinetron
16th April 2017, 07:29 PM
Ok cool. thanks for letting me know about Empire. Might check out High Fidelity. May have some cool shirts or something.

SharkyMcShark
17th April 2017, 01:44 AM
Last time I stuck my head into Quality Comics on Hay St they had MP Primal and Delta Magnus. That was about 4 months ago ish.

I purchased MP-28 HotRod from there about a year ago.

If you're after Tracks or Road Rage you might have joy at TRU Cannington.

Caffinetron
27th April 2017, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the heads up on these 2 stores. It's nice that they are so close to each other.
High Fidelity had nothing TF related but the statue stock they have is mighty impressive. Was really tempted to jump on the Hot Toy bandwagon for the first time as they had a 20% off sale.
Quality comics had some MPs. Cheetor ($130), Laserwave, Grapple ($170), Inferno, Wheeljack were the ones that shoot to mind. Laserwave was tempting at (I think) $230 however I had a very short time in store because of the parking in that area, #nightmare!

Gasaraki
5th May 2017, 01:54 PM
Excluding mass retailers, there's not much. I think there's only Zing in Hay Street Mall EB Games. Last I was there, there was only a couple of TR voyagers.
There might be something in what was once Empire on Hay Street down near His Majesty's, but I haven't been there for ages and don't know if it's even still open.

No Empire Toys is long gone. There is a records/collectables/pop culture store there called High Fidelity, but they don't sell TFs. Zing at EB games has a small collection of TR stuff. I've seen Masterpieces at Quality Comics on Hay st every now and then.

Last time I stuck my head into Quality Comics on Hay St they had MP Primal and Delta Magnus. That was about 4 months ago ish.

I purchased MP-28 HotRod from there about a year ago.

If you're after Tracks or Road Rage you might have joy at TRU Cannington.

Yep, as stated, Empire is sadly long gone...

You guys heard of Tokyo Underground (https://www.facebook.com/TokyoUndergroundPerth/)? I'm pretty sure that's still around and they usually have the odd TF piece.

Ralph Wiggum
5th May 2017, 02:23 PM
Yeh Tokyo Underground is still around, but they don't have any TFs when I was there last week. Their gunpla stock is looking pretty low as well they seem to mostly have that cutesy stuff.

Keep an eye on a store called Little Robot here in Perth. No Transformers, but a range of gunpla and Star Wars kits.

drifand
5th May 2017, 03:16 PM
I have huge amount of gunpla with no time to built. Tokyo underground is excellent if you trying to get onto the hobby and mix around with people building as they have workshops.

SharkyMcShark
16th March 2018, 05:18 PM
Quick update, current as of last weekend but also any time in the last year:

No Transformers figures of any nature at either Quality Comics or ComicZone in the CBD. Quality Comics has a reasonable amount of non-current Transformers IDW stuff (a few of the older trade collections). Couldn't see any at ComicZone.

Zing/EB Games in the Hay St Mall has MPM Prime, but for some stupid price.

Skyfire
21st May 2021, 11:49 PM
Target Perth CBD is closing on 29/5/2021 and being replaced by a Kmart. In more recent times they generally had little TF stock and were slow to restock but did get some things worth buying by chance. It was the ony place I ever saw the Headmasters retros (full set of wave 2). And they had SS86 deluxes and WFC Earthrise and Kingdom deluxes/cores. They made the Myer CBD hunt more worthwhile and now I no longer have a really close Target. They also have a decent range of non-TF toys that I like and have bought over the years, including exclusives/hard to finds.

I don't know if Kmart CBD is overall better or worse for my TF collecting and other purchases. I think probably worse, since the range of (TF) toys between the Kmarts and Targets is often different at a given time, at least at the ones I visit. So if I miss out at Kmart, I can sometimes pick up at Target and vice versa.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/business/retail/target-announces-closure-of-perth-cbd-store-to-make-way-for-kmart-ng-b881879036z

Skyfire
31st December 2021, 12:48 AM
The Titan Movies & Pop Culture store that used to be in Malaga moved to Maylands, 76 Eighth Avenue. It's now called Titan Pop Culture. Maylands was my old stomping grounds so it's cool to see a TF shop there.

TF search (https://titanpopculture.com.au/collections/transformers).

Edit: As reported by Omega Metro in the WA sightings section, there is now a pop-up shop in the Midland Gate Shopping Centre, as well as the Maylands shop.

Skyfire
19th October 2022, 12:16 PM
I came across an online-only shop called Toy Igloo, which is Perth-based. I don't know anything about them, but they are selling the latest figures (e.g. Shattered Glass Soundwave; Legacy wave 3, Red Cog, and Hero is Born; Legacy Evolution), as well as rarer ones heavily marked up. $8 flat rate shipping or free over $150.

https://www.toyigloo.com.au/transformers-toy-igloo-australia.html

Skyfire
21st March 2023, 05:22 PM
TK Maxx is setting up its frst WA store at Ocean Keys Shopping Centre. Hopefully it will spread around Perth and stock similar Transformers bargains that other members have sighted.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/cult-budget-retailer-tk-maxx-to-finally-open-perth-store/news-story/800a041b9ae0873e5c38d5f9173eafcd

Skyfire
8th September 2023, 10:18 PM
TK Maxx Ocean Keys is opening on Oct 5th, with a Midland Gate store opening soon too.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/lifestyle/fashion/tk-maxx-opening-date-set-for-budget-retail-giants-first-wa-store--c-11841982

Skyfire
10th October 2023, 10:17 AM
Toymate Rockingham (51 Dixon Rd) had its grand opening last weekend. Bit of a surprise as I thought the old Morley Toys R Us would be the next Perth one. Good for those down south.

griffin
14th October 2023, 09:57 PM
Good to hear that Toymate are still looking to expand nationally outside of NSW, to fill the void left by TRU... but probably too late after Amazon filled a lot of that void by regular people, and too late for Transformers fans as JB has picked up the slack of being a source of collector-focussed toys for most of us who used to visit TRU as the non-import in-hand option (which makes it easier to select in-person, and get a refund/exchange if there are any problems).

Skyfire
18th October 2023, 07:46 PM
TK Maxx Midland Gate is opening on 2/11/23. Hey, Sharky, go check it out for us!

https://www.perthnow.com.au/business/retail/tk-maxx-perth-retail-giant-announces-second-store-in-wa-c-12242916