PDA

View Full Version : Ozformers Awards additional question! Animated Acitivators

Paulbot
4th January 2009, 12:14 AM
Golden_Phoenix pointed out that I'd left out one group of toys in the awards: Animated Activators!

It's a bit late to ask everyone that's already go back to the voting form for the sake of one category, so I'm doing it through a poll here.

:o

Golden Phoenix
4th January 2009, 12:30 AM
Yay, I made a difference. WOOT

griffin
4th January 2009, 02:21 AM
The unfortunate thing about this question iis that people can see the accumulated results, and purposefully vote against the trend or not at all if there appears to be a clear winner.
Funnily enough, I've never seen a poll be so decisive before. 5 out of 5 for the one option already...

iceburn
4th January 2009, 03:18 AM
i just made it 6 out of 6 :D

liegeprime
4th January 2009, 08:24 AM
Voted.

Paulbot
4th January 2009, 12:16 PM
The unfortunate thing about this question iis that people can see the accumulated results, and purposefully vote against the trend or not at all if there appears to be a clear winner.

Yeah I know... but it would be a shame to leave out the Activators.

griffin
4th January 2009, 01:41 PM
As long as people vote before they look at the current results, it would be okay, but it can be tempting to view the results before one votes...

The_Damned
4th January 2009, 03:24 PM
looking to be a clear winnner.

Robzy
4th January 2009, 06:52 PM
I'll say!

i_amtrunks
5th January 2009, 01:51 PM
I wonder how much the clear favourite in this poll is because of how lacklustre the larger toy is?

Sky Shadow
5th January 2009, 03:41 PM
I find it odd that one toy is winning and yet its recolour has no votes. I personally prefer the recolour over the original (but I didn't vote for that particular toy, thus it's still on zero.)

GoktimusPrime
5th January 2009, 04:25 PM
I despise that recolour with a passion that is passionate. *nods*

Vector Sigma 13
5th January 2009, 06:02 PM
I love Starscream- hes simple but effective ( He can also be a Macross Gerwalk too!). My son has a few activators- not Bumblebee however. So i really couldnt vote for him. I think Prime is ugly in vehicle form and Lockdown is frustrating to lock into place (may be just ours). Bulkheads ok though.

Sky Shadow
5th January 2009, 06:32 PM
I wonder if the other categories are as decisive as this one.

STL
7th January 2009, 12:08 AM
I personally don't see much special about the Activators having only recently discovered the Beast Wars spring loaded changers last year. And I'm pretty surprised BB gets so much love. I don't think he's that cool a toy. My vote went to Optimus, not perfect but I'm a sucker for a good looking Prime, especially at that size.

GoktimusPrime
7th January 2009, 09:25 AM
I personally don't see much special about the Activators having only recently discovered the Beast Wars spring loaded changers last year.
That's fine, but for the rest of us the Flipchanger concept is 13 years old now. :p This is the first time we've seen a new take (revision) on the "one-touch-transformation" concept since 1996, and the first time we've seen it done with vehicular Transformers since Machine Wars in 1997.

Stompy
8th January 2009, 10:49 PM
Ratchet gets my vote for looking great in in both modes. The bot mode is perfectly proportioned and very little needed to flip and fold in conversion. Starscream should have been the clear winner but those visible arms in alt mode sets it back behind Ratchet.

Bumblebee has a fascinating auto-convert but I cannot stand those elongated arms.

griffin
9th January 2009, 02:06 AM
That's fine, but for the rest of us the Flipchanger concept is 13 years old now. :p This is the first time we've seen a new take (revision) on the "one-touch-transformation" concept since 1996, and the first time we've seen it done with vehicular Transformers since Machine Wars in 1997.

The rest of us? Most of the people currently on this board are new since Beast Wars. Spring-loaded TFs are considered a new (or under-exposed) concept to most, as very few would have any basic sized BW toys. And even if they did, these are a little more complex than those shell-formers.

1orion2many
9th January 2009, 08:59 AM
:pBLUCKY is all I've got to say to these:D.

Kyle
9th January 2009, 01:29 PM
Yes, spring loaded auto transformation is nothing new. But Activator BB has pushed the technology to butter-smooth perfection! :p

dirge
9th January 2009, 04:48 PM
Starscream. Best. Animated. Toy. Period.

(IMO)

turtle boy
11th January 2009, 01:07 PM
Agreed!! Voted