PDA

View Full Version : Cast character S*******e full body shot.

griffin
6th January 2009, 04:04 PM
Revealed earlier today was the head shot of Sideswipe, and just now, the full body shot animation model, with some details of its features.

http://tformers.com/transformers-rotf-sideswipe-figure-details-and-headshots/10708/news.html

The Animation model and the silver car seen in filming should mean that Sideswipe should be a definite cast member. A sleak silver Autobot makes me think of Jazz from the first movie, and would make it difficult to see Jazz returning without confusing people with two similar looking bots on screen and toyshelves.

swoop
6th January 2009, 04:53 PM
I've waited patiently since I first heard transformers were coming to the big to see one of my favourite autobots in live action. He missed out in the first movie, but made the cut in the second and looks like he is going to be the bad ass we all know he is. But they did'nt give him any bloody feet:mad:
How is he suppose to kick decepticon skid plate or do a little jet-judo with no feet

Vector Sigma 13
6th January 2009, 06:22 PM
Sob- its like a twisted roller derby. I didnt like Bonecrushers skating style either.

Bartrim
6th January 2009, 06:29 PM
The Animation model and the silver car seen in filming should mean that Sideswipe should be a definite cast member. A sleak silver Autobot makes me think of Jazz from the first movie, and would make it difficult to see Jazz returning without confusing people with two similar looking bots on screen and toyshelves.

But I thought a Pontiac Solstice was also seen on set? Would Michael Bay go to all that trouble to fool people? Unless of course Jazz is featured in flashbacks or something.

SofaMan
6th January 2009, 07:48 PM
I think my brain is broken - when I saw S*******e, my first interpretation was S**thouse. I hope it's not freudian.

It looks like he'll just be a humanoid Segway in robot mode. :p

Why on Earth (or Cybertron for that matter) couldn't he be red? I know OP is red, but people are hardly going to confuse them. Is it something to do with the animation? I seem to recall hearing that certain colours look less 'convincing' when animated, and I think that red is one of them.

Robzy
6th January 2009, 08:26 PM
Why on Earth (or Cybertron for that matter) couldn't he be red? Because Michael Bay hates Transformers fans and loves to p!ss them off!

STL
7th January 2009, 12:03 AM
I think my brain is broken - when I saw S*******e, my first interpretation was S**thouse.

:D

fatbot
7th January 2009, 12:11 AM
what the hell happened to his feet???

griffin
7th January 2009, 02:25 AM
I think my brain is broken - when I saw S*******e, my first interpretation was S**thouse. I hope it's not freudian.

It looks like he'll just be a humanoid Segway in robot mode. :p

Why on Earth (or Cybertron for that matter) couldn't he be red? I know OP is red, but people are hardly going to confuse them. Is it something to do with the animation? I seem to recall hearing that certain colours look less 'convincing' when animated, and I think that red is one of them.

Yeah, I remember Bay saying something about Optimus having as much red covered up (by the flame detailing) because it is a bad colour to use in filming/lighting (when they used the actual truck prop).

As for Sideswipe not being red - I don't think it would be for preventing confusion, but more for the visual aspect of cast (promo) shots being more diverse/interesting with the colours, or any scenes with a group of Autobots in them. Kinda like how Hasbro try to have a variety of colours in an assortment of toys, swapping the release of figures or the colours of a figure to make the shelves look more interesting with different figures/colours. It'd all be marketting in the end, and how they can get the best predicted return from the options at hand.

1orion2many
7th January 2009, 09:01 AM
:rolleyes:I thought Rollerblading went out in the 90's:p:D. I find the silver quite bland, when they translate this colour over to the toy it'll be another dull gray Jazz:rolleyes:.

i_amtrunks
7th January 2009, 09:17 AM
Silver is bland, but I think it's a better colour for the Solstice, not sure if it would look as good in red.
However it might confuse the younger (as in really young) kiddies who might mistake him for Jazz. Wonder why they went Sideswipe rather than a more fitting Silverstreak or something?

And I wonder how many lines Sideswipe will get, and if he will be killed off, to create a "curse of silver Autobots"? :D

MV75
7th January 2009, 09:17 AM
Don't worry, just wait for the red coloured toy that WILL come along with a yellow one too.

Wheel feet for the loose. Which is a shame as the rest looks great.

Hot Rodimus
7th January 2009, 11:38 AM
I agree with everything that has already been said...... He should be red and the feet?? The hell is going on there, why on earth did they think it would be a good idea to turn Sideswipe into a 'Man-Blader'?

STL
7th January 2009, 11:53 PM
I think we'll get a nice G1 red homage in due course. It's inevitable and since they missed out the 1st time with Ironhide, I reckon its even money that Voyager Ironhide gets the G1 homage too.

All that = yay for me. :D