PDA

View Full Version : Michael Bay in Commonwealth Bank Ad.

griffin
27th January 2008, 05:06 PM
Saw this twice since yesterday, but yet to catch the whole thing. It has Michael Bay pitching a blockbuster type Ad for the Commonwealth Bank. I wonder if he's doing a lot of commercials between the two TFs movies, or he has just done this one Australian commercial. I guess he's becomming more of a well known director, like James Cameron or Steven Spielberg, and advertisers are now chasing after him.

dirge
27th January 2008, 05:18 PM
Well he does have a history with advertising.

Did he not make the comment while he was down here (at the press conference in Eveleigh, if I'm not mistaken), that he was technically unemployed? It would make sense that if he was offered some work while down here undertaking his contractual promotional obligations, that he'd accept piecemeal work if the schedule allowed.

Bartrim
27th January 2008, 06:08 PM
Well he does have a history with advertising.

Did he not make the comment while he was down here (at the press conference in Eveleigh, if I'm not mistaken), that he was technically unemployed? It would make sense that if he was offered some work while down here undertaking his contractual promotional obligations, that he'd accept piecemeal work if the schedule allowed.

richest unemployed person I know:p

dirge
27th January 2008, 06:19 PM
Note I said "technically" unemployed. I doubt he would have been begging on the street, but that's not so say he wouldn't want to keep earning between films if possible.

griffin
28th January 2008, 10:40 PM
Found it on youtube. Very funny. He's almost paying out on himself, with his only line being an excited 'I used 7 helicopters', for the mere bank commercial.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v89M3lhlKA
And while on the topic of Michael Bay, is this one (looks like Southpark?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux6SmwawY4M

griffin
28th January 2008, 11:13 PM
Never watched much of Southpark, but recognised the animation style. I thought the cartoon was funny, but was never impressed that it was often being marketted to kids because it was animated and focused on kid characters. I do occasionally watch it if it is on when I am home (not often with my work hours), but I won't bother to tape it.

Paulbot
29th January 2008, 08:05 AM
You can only see "Imagination land" if you're watching on Channel BT. SBS is a series behind.

i_amtrunks
29th January 2008, 08:54 AM
I dont know if he is taking the mickey out of himself or just talking normally! :p

It's a horrible ad though, it's very confusing and jumpy.

Paulbot
29th January 2008, 09:07 AM
I assume there's a part two to this ad given that it starts with "first presentation" and that the message will be that the Bank is good enough that it doesn't need flashy ads at all, or something like that.

Saintly
29th January 2008, 10:14 AM
commbank has too much money to throw away!

the ad wasn't even effective! in terms of trying to sell