PDA

View Full Version : TAS Transformers Sightings.

griffin
7th January 2009, 02:10 AM
Post here anything Transformers related (toys, merch, etc) you find in a retail store in TASMANIA.
Please try to include the price, and if it isn't a limited item, please mention the location.

Sutton
31st January 2009, 10:26 PM
Not that it looks like many folks are from Tas or the NT, but...

Picked up Beachcomber and Brawn from Launceston Toyworld today, $6.90 each. Had the rest of the wave there too, as well as the Animated legends figures and the recent Animated Activators wave (Dirge, Grimlock, Megatron, Cliffjumper etc).

Also still had the SE deluxe Classics figures in stock, heaps of Dragstrip and Megatrons. Not sure if Overkill is short-packed, but I've only seen one of him in my travels so far.

Also had one of the 25th Anniversary Primes, this one didn't seem as pink so I can only assume the lighting in Toyworld is crap :cool:

Sutton
31st January 2009, 10:30 PM
Meanwhile at Kmart, there's still a decent amount of Animated deluxes from the past 3 waves (Sentinel Primes, Soundwaves, Swoops, etc) and Voyagers (Grimlocks, Primes, Lugnuts).

The Animated Leader Class figures are on special BTW, $74.95. No stickers or tickets anywhere, just happened to check on the scanner. Might be worth checking at your local Kmarts to see if this is the case wherever you are too.

Sutton
14th February 2009, 06:18 PM
Old movie stock at Target basically getting tossed on the street:

Movie Voyagers (First strike Prime, Starscream, Off Road Ironhide, Evac) $20

Movie Deluxes (ALL waves, plus target exclusives like Jolt and Grindcore) $15

Movie Leader Class (Brawl, Megatron and Nightwatch Prime) $50

Sutton
14th February 2009, 06:19 PM
Toyworld also has Blurr and Swindle Animated figures, $25, as well as the Mighty Muggs thingies.

Sutton
22nd February 2009, 08:07 PM
My brother picked up Hound and Cyclonus in Burnie Kmart yesterday.

Still no sign of them in Launceston...

:(:(:(

griffin
22nd February 2009, 09:30 PM
Really hope we get some other tassie (or NT) members posting sightings soon, or else it'll look like you're the only one there.

dirge
23rd February 2009, 09:37 AM
Jervis Bay Territory FTW!

(do they even have a store that sells toys I wonder?)

Sutton
28th February 2009, 01:19 PM
Finally had the new deluxes in Toyworld Launceston...

Hound, Cyclonus, Starscream, Smokescreen, Cheetor, Dinobot...at least one of each left still.

And some weird-ass Optimus-head bubblebath dispenser thing for $20 :confused::confused::confused:

Okay then, just Inferno to go and that's it for Universe for the time being :(:(:(

Sutton
28th February 2009, 01:20 PM
Okay then, just Inferno to go and that's it for Universe for the time being :(:(:(

Actually, that's probably not such a bad thing...I'd be skint if they brought out new Classics alongside the new Movie-line.

Sutton
28th February 2009, 01:21 PM
Actually, that's probably not such a bad thing...I'd be skint if they brought out new Classics alongside the new Movie-line.

Yes, there's so few people in the TAS/NT thread, I have to quote myself :p

griffin
28th February 2009, 09:17 PM
Even if no one else posts sightings in your state, for now, it still lets me know how the national distribution of certain figures is going.

Sutton
8th March 2009, 06:46 PM
Toyworld Hobart had Leo Prime and the other Scattershot repaint (Dropshot?). No Infernos. :(

Seriously, Hasbro baulked at doing Galvatron in Voyager scale because there were too many tanks in the Universe line, but went ahead and released the same mold twice within 6 mounths, plus a repaint of Cybertron Defense Red Alert??? WTFF>???<

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Verno
8th March 2009, 07:05 PM
My brother picked up Hound and Cyclonus in Burnie Kmart yesterday.

Still no sign of them in Launceston...

:(:(:(

How dare you enter my Kmart!

There were 2 Uni Cheetors in there, was only one in there yesterday. I didn't buy it so some unlucky child has that abomination to call their own.

Sutton
13th March 2009, 05:05 PM
Picked up Inferno from Toyworld today, they had all of the new wave of repaint Voyagers, hiding behind the unmoving masses of Blaster and Heavy Load.

So that's it for Classics for me, until Hasbro sees fit to make some more for us.

:):):):):):)

nike1
7th April 2009, 09:02 AM
the myer in launceston , recently just put out a heap of movie starscreams,
i think there was at least 8?

MUST buy one myself..

Sutton
10th April 2009, 11:28 AM
the myer in launceston , recently just put out a heap of movie starscreams,
i think there was at least 8?

MUST buy one myself..

Yes, stacks of Starscreams and Ratchets, and they're only $20 at the moment.

I'd be hanging out for the superior ROTF version though, unless you can't stand the tattoo motif of course.

nike1
10th April 2009, 12:57 PM
Yes, stacks of Starscreams and Ratchets, and they're only $20 at the moment.

I'd be hanging out for the superior ROTF version though, unless you can't stand the tattoo motif of course.

20 bucks?? for real..?
DAMN!!!!! i have GOT to get one..

Sutton
14th May 2009, 07:47 PM
Picked up the preview Bumblebee and Soundwave today, which means they should be in local Toyworlds from tomorrow onwards...which is the official release date, btw. There's a big red sticker on the shipping boxes that clearly says 'May 15'.

nike1
26th May 2009, 09:04 PM
for the tassie TFers

birchallas has bumblebee and soundwave figures from the ROTF line at the moment.

Sutton
28th May 2009, 07:38 PM
As expected, everything's shown up in Target and Kmart Launceston, although annoyingly there seems to be an AVALANCHE of Leader class, FAB and Gravity Bots...not too many deluxes and voyagers around...:confused::confused::confused:

Sutton
30th May 2009, 12:54 PM
Everything at Toyworld Launceston, as well as the second wave of FAB's (Long Haul, Jetfire etc) and some RPM stuff.

Sutton
16th June 2009, 08:38 PM
Ransack and Depthcharge decided to show up at Launceston Kmart. Still no sign of Mixmaster or the (lame) Voyager Megatron anywhere yet, no Fallen either.

nike1
18th June 2009, 09:24 PM
what also showed up @ toyworld was masterpiece starscream, oh my god this thing is insane!

Sutton
19th June 2009, 07:02 PM
what also showed up @ toyworld was masterpiece starscream, oh my god this thing is insane!

Yep, the GF paid a pretty penny for one last year for my birthday, she was NOT pleased at all.

Where the hell has Hasbro been keeping all of these things??? :confused::confused::confused:

Ridiculous.

Sutton
19th June 2009, 07:05 PM
Picked up Mixmaster from Target Launceston. They had the puke-green Megatron too, of course.

Ode to a Grasshopper
25th June 2009, 04:58 PM
Wow...I'm in Devonport right now, and my God the pickings are slim and overpriced. Can't wait to get back to the Mainland...sorry all you Tassie-ers.

Verno
25th June 2009, 05:20 PM
Devonport is a dirty stinking hole so no offence taken.

Ode to a Grasshopper
26th June 2009, 03:46 PM
Glad to hear the rest of Tassie is better, it'd be nice of my mother was staying somewhere less craptastic.
Still, really can't see myself staying here in Tas for very long, especially with Melbs so close and the rest of the world beckoning too.

Sutton
8th September 2009, 06:22 PM
Thought I'd chime in to say that Tassie's been keeping up with the rest of the country (within 2 - 3 days) as far as toy releases go.

Today saw Devastator show up at Toyworld for $200. Ouch.

autobreadticon
8th September 2009, 06:31 PM
Thought I'd chime in to say that Tassie's been keeping up with the rest of the country (within 2 - 3 days) as far as toy releases go.

Today saw Devastator show up at Toyworld for $200. Ouch.

Hay i noticed Devastator is missing a dude? Are they planning on releasing a seperate toy later with the intention of a secret config. for the Devastator toy ?:D

Sutton
8th September 2009, 09:03 PM
Hay i noticed Devastator is missing a dude? Are they planning on releasing a seperate toy later with the intention of a secret config. for the Devastator toy ?:D

No, that's it. The Legends version has the full seven (Overload is missing from the big one), although as many people have pointed out in other forums, movie Devs is actually made up of more than seven guys.

I'm hoping the Legends Devastator gets a local release - it's apparently getting an exclusive run at Target or Toys R Us or something in the US next year sometime, so hopefully that'll filter down to Oz in some fashion. I picked up the big version today, and am really quite happy with it despite the lack of bot modes.

pheonix83
17th September 2009, 05:56 PM
question to the rest of the tassie guys.

do any of you collect G1 as well as the new stuff

Sutton
18th September 2009, 07:39 AM
Nope, not really, sorry. I'd pick up the odd iconic character if they showed up locally more often - Birchalls had a couple of 'Encores' at one point, but nothing since.

griffin
13th November 2009, 06:25 PM
Sighted the Movie Seekers Skywarp and Ramjet at Myer, Hobart. And Target HAD 2 Arcees (the first I have found at retail).
Nothing else really new to report down here (went to a Target, Toyworld and Myer - a lotta 'old' stuff still warming shelves), but should be checking out a BigW and Kmart tomorrow.

griffin
14th November 2009, 11:36 PM
Day 2 of 2 in TAS, and after checking 2 BigW's, 2 Kmarts and a Target, I found nothing much of interest (nothing I wanted either). There was a fair bit of current stock to be found though, so it wouldn't be so bad for fans living in Hobart.

Sutton
18th November 2009, 03:58 PM
Day 2 of 2 in TAS, and after checking 2 BigW's, 2 Kmarts and a Target, I found nothing much of interest (nothing I wanted either). There was a fair bit of current stock to be found though, so it wouldn't be so bad for fans living in Hobart.

There's nothing to complain about at all in the North - we occassionally get bits and pieces in before the rest of the country, believe it or not.

My Alternator Decepticharge came from Devenport Kmart, strangely. They had an Alternator Ravage there at the time too - not sure how widespread those releases were nationally.

Sutton
21st April 2010, 09:40 PM
Popped into Hobart for a few days, managed to grab a Bludgeon from Big W Glenorchy. They only had one of Bludgeon and Recon Ironhide at the Glenorchy and Eastlands stores, plus several Mindwipes and Defender Optimus Primes.

Target at Glenorchy and in the central city was the typical selection of dreggs that they're becoming renowned for these days...a few scout ROTF figures, a truck load of Wave 1 Animated (way to strike when the iron's hot, guys). Keychains and crap that no one would want.

Kmart Eastlands was more or less bare, but Kmart New Town was full of good stuff - one of each of nearly every ROTF deluxe from Wave 2 onwards. I picked up a Thrust (thought I'd missed him for sure) and Brawn. Heaps of Brawns left, but that was the last Thust.

Ode to a Grasshopper
18th May 2010, 08:26 PM
Still no Bludgeons or Recon Ironhides in the North (Burnie/Devonport), but Collector's Home Entertainment Superstore in Burnie did have a complete Beast Wars DVD set and all of the Japan G1 (Headmasters, Victory, Masterforce) DVD series. I didn't get prices for them, sorry.
Will check out Launceston later this week, hopefully the Target there has some of the new Voyagers.

Sutton
18th May 2010, 11:20 PM
Still no Bludgeons or Recon Ironhides in the North (Burnie/Devonport), but Collector's Home Entertainment Superstore in Burnie did have a complete Beast Wars DVD set and all of the Japan G1 (Headmasters, Victory, Masterforce) DVD series. I didn't get prices for them, sorry.
Will check out Launceston later this week, hopefully the Target there has some of the new Voyagers.

Yes, Target Launceston has the new Voyagers - only one of each last time I looked though.

Ode to a Grasshopper
24th May 2010, 06:13 PM
The yellow-packed toys have started showing up at our Toyworlds too - no 2-pack PCCs yet though.:(

EDIT - None at Burnie at any rate, will check Devonport next time I'm in but I very rarely get down to Launceston (right now I'm just hoping I can get stock sent up to Burnie for the latest Target sale).

Sutton
26th May 2010, 09:39 AM
The yellow-packed toys have started showing up at our Toyworlds too - no 2-pack PCCs yet though.:(

Scratch that, 2-pack PCCs are at Toyworld Launceston - $19.99

Alongside the 5-pack PCCs ($39.99), yellow packaged Scouts, Legends and Voyagers, all standard prices.

Birchalls also has everything in stock too, but their prices are...misguided. They'll still have the same stock sitting there in a year's time.

Ode to a Grasshopper
1st July 2010, 05:54 PM
KMart Devonport has stocked up with heaps of the latest line, so presumably so have the others. Sadly they skipped on Bludgeon and friends.:(

verboten82
25th August 2010, 08:40 PM
i`m holidaying in tassie spotted heaps of legends devastator in target launceston and voyager animated on cleareance at $20 (the first wave)

Ode to a Grasshopper
12th November 2010, 02:06 PM
Terradive, Tomahawk and packmates have made their way to Kmart, and Big W Hobart had a single Generations Soundwave for $25 as of this afternoon.

Sutton
18th November 2010, 06:18 PM
Blurr and Dirge at Big W Eastlands, several of each.

The reports of Blurr having chipped paint seems to be a widespread problem, all 3 I saw had very rough looking stipes.

Ode to a Grasshopper
22nd November 2010, 07:53 AM
They were gone as of the 20th, but at least they're starting to show up.

Ode to a Grasshopper
2nd December 2010, 03:43 PM
New scouts (Oil Pan, Breacher, Insecticon) and Deluxe/Voyager 2-packs at Target Hobart. Also the PCC wave with Icepick, Leadfoot and Sledge.

Ode to a Grasshopper
4th December 2010, 10:46 AM
Big W Eastlands has 2x Thunderwings, 1x Dirge, 2x WFC Cliffjumpers, 3x Red Alerts and 1x Skullgrin.
Nothing new in KMart, though they have the sale items going if anyone's after the Legends or Scout multipacks.
Target has Last Stand of the Wreckers for $9.85.

Ode to a Grasshopper
9th December 2010, 04:11 PM
Target has a lone Terradive.

Ode to a Grasshopper
13th December 2010, 01:13 PM
Back in Devonport and there's a few recent releases - 1x Icepick, Leadfoot, Blurr, heaps of Dirges, 1x Cybertronian Megs, a few of the Movie Voyager/Deluxe 2-packs, etc.
Toyworld is pretty much a loss as far as new stuff goes.

Ode to a Grasshopper
21st December 2010, 01:47 PM
KMart has a few new AA Deluxes - I was quite tempted by Axor - and the new Scouts. Still quite a few Generations too, a few Soundwaves, 1x Dirge, 1x WFC Megs, a couple of Darkmounts and 2 Blurrs, both with not-great paint apps.
$8 Windcharger FTW!

Sutton
1st February 2011, 06:18 PM
Finally found Thunderwing and Skullgrin at Target Northgate, $22 with the current special.

They weren't on the shelf, I had to get them out of the sealed case in one of those trolley things. Still another one of each to be had.

Now let's see how long it takes the local Big W's and Kmarts to start stocking Wreck-Gar and Perceptor.

Sutton
19th February 2011, 01:38 PM
Wreckgar, Perceptor, Prime and Orangebee at Toyworld Hobart, $32.

prowlercon
29th March 2011, 10:24 PM
big w glenorchy has rodimus and cyclonus for $25 and other rts deluxes for about $24;)

JustOwen
2nd April 2011, 08:34 AM
Battle in space set sighted in CBD Target

prowlercon
27th April 2011, 05:00 PM
found RTS grappelat toyworld hobart $40, also had lugnut and strafe:)

Sutton
10th May 2011, 12:39 PM
Only DOTM stuff to show up in Launceston so far are the Gobots at Toyworld and some costumes at Target. Looks like everyone's behaving themselves.

Some good prices on Leader-class figures when they show up at Toyworld on Monday - $69 in the catalog. Voyagers $39 and deluxe $25 IIRC.

MTE
13th May 2011, 05:05 PM
Target Hobart CBD are just putting out their DOTM figures. I picked up deluxe Ratchet. I saw a lot of the scout class, and many deluxe, voyager and human alliance. No leaders :( Although they were only about half-way through unpacking.

Sutton
13th May 2011, 08:14 PM
Target guys were putting stuff away when we got there today. Apparently they realised their error pretty quickly because they'd only just put them out.

Lucky for me, Toyworld was quite happy to put all their stuff out, and was selling them at the prices in their latest catalog - $69 Leaders, $39 Voyagers and $25 Deluxes.

I picked up a Sentinel Prime, Megatron and Roadbuster. I almost picked up Crankcase as well but balked when I saw how small he was. All of the toys are smaller this time around in fact, no doubt due in part to the rather bulky Mechtech weapons. But Crankcase in particular is really noticeable...!

griffin
13th May 2011, 10:35 PM
Yeah, I noticed that too the other day when I saw it for the first time at Kmart. Crankcase is just so skinny and tiny, it is obvious. But it could just be the 'Gen1 Tracks' of the Deluxes, as the redecos are the same size as their previous versions, but now have an extra lump of plastic adding to the cost (without charging more).

killken
17th May 2011, 09:39 AM
Just back from Toyworld Hobart. They got their DOTM stuff out today when I asked for it. From what they showed me:

Leader:
1XSentinel
1XBB

Voyager:
Ironhide
Optimus
Megatron
couple others cant remember

and then they had the smaller crankcase, ratchet, the green nascar, skids and a few more I cant remember.

Leaders were $69 I am spewing I ordered online now I could have grabbed Sentinel bugger but I ended up grabing nothing so they are all still there atm.

Sutton
19th May 2011, 09:33 PM
Hilariously, Kmart Launceston was only just putting out their DOTM stuff tonight. I guess they were just being extra extra careful with that embargo date :D

Extra hilariously, they were trying to squeeze them all into the same 2-feet wide section the TF's have had for the last year or so. No, fools, it will not all fit - you need to do what every other shop in town has done and set up a separate section. They had at least one of everything out, but a lot of it was stacked up on top of each other in a really ugly way. Deluxes were all over the place and in other toyline sections. All of the Thor toys were hidden behind TFs. And they had a whole other huge pallet full of stuff to unload, the three guys unpacking were sort of just looking at each other shrugging with a 'where the hell do we put this' kind of look on their faces.

On the bright side, they also put out a mountain of Wheeljack, Warpaths, Thundercracker, Kup and Scourge at the standard generations price.

prowlercon
21st May 2011, 06:38 PM
kmart had DOTM stuff out, aswell as the rest of the generations figures so i grabed 5

Sutton
21st June 2011, 05:15 PM
Myer Launceston had Leader Ironhide....just in time for the 'sale' on Thursday (you know, the thing where they bring their prices down to match everyone else's for a while?).

Doesn't particularly interest me to be honest...might pick one up on clearance.

Sutton
21st June 2011, 05:16 PM
Meanwhile, Toyworld had a stack of good bargains...all the voyager (ROTF and the recent Generations Grappel/Lugnut waves) were $25!

And Generations deluxes Jazz/Tracks/Prime/Wreckgar/Perceptor etc were going for $15!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Sutton
18th March 2012, 11:46 AM
Myer had the Starscream vs Bumblebee 'Prime' 2-pack with Silas and the Soldier for $59.

All of the other Prime toys have shown up here, although some scalper has gotten to all the Vehicon legends toys...

prowlercon
23rd June 2012, 03:50 PM
Tfprime figures arcee and ratchet at big W eastlands,$24 ea. they also had RC bee and an optimus but no knockout?$?? forgot to check.

killken
6th July 2012, 02:38 PM
Anyone know when we could expect FOC Transformers in Tassie? I want shockwave and Jazz!

prowlercon
19th July 2012, 08:15 PM
Anyone know when we could expect FOC Transformers in Tassie? I want shockwave and Jazz!

possibly in sept? call the guys at toyworld, they are abit more helpful now:)

Ode to a Grasshopper
28th July 2012, 04:38 PM
Jazz and Prime were out in Devonport KMart, so I assume they're hitting shelves elsewhere now.

killken
31st July 2012, 10:21 PM
Damn you got me excited. Kmart Newtown just has Prime toys :(

killken
8th September 2012, 12:38 PM
Still no FOC at Hobart area targets, toyworld or KMart :-(

prowlercon
15th September 2012, 07:24 PM
finally found FOC at target glenorchy $28ea, 2 of each left

killken
15th September 2012, 10:31 PM
Cheers mate just picked up Jazz and Shockwave. Only 1 of OP and Shockwave left.

killken
29th September 2012, 12:23 PM
Just saw at Toyworld Hobart:

1 X FOC Blast Off
2 X FOC Prime
1 X FOC Jazz

Apparently on special :rolleyes: for $25 each. Didn't bother with Blast off as that would mean I have to get the rest then lol

prowlercon
9th November 2012, 04:55 PM
Finally something new :), soundwave and soundblaster at target northgate, $39 ea. 2 of each left

killken
12th November 2012, 12:46 PM
I'll be fine with my WFC Soundwave. Bring on FOC Starscream and Sideswipe!

prowlercon
22nd November 2012, 06:37 PM
Ravage & Rumble + Ratbat & Frenzy discs at Toyworld, $13 ea. had a few in the shelves, also soundwave and soundblaster for $39:)

Samtron
31st October 2013, 09:13 AM
Greetings all! Long time visitor, first time poster :) Just putting it out there for all the Tassie Transformer fans that Big W currently has Generations Metrolpex for just $98 down from $148 as part of their latest sale that started today. There were eight boxes on the floor when I grabbed mine at Big W Glenorchy this morning, not sure about the others stores availability however. Laters!

Samtron
7th December 2013, 02:29 PM
Hi all! Spotted Kre-O Micro Changers (Collection 2) at Big-W Glenorchy today. Not many left though and only one box on the shelf that I could see (for now). Thought I would post as it's the first time I've seen them available locally. Laters!

Samtron
8th May 2014, 11:44 AM
Hi guys! Not much to report on the Tassie front at the moment (frustratingly). Target Northgate has the 'Flip & Change' Optimus Prime and Grimlock. BigW Northgate has AoE FE Optimus Primes and BigW Eastlands has 'Power Attackers' Hound, Strafe, Bumblebee and Crosshairs. Still have Target Hobart and Myer to check up on though so, watch this space local TF fans!

Sutton
9th May 2014, 03:32 PM
Toyworld Launceston has the AOE Voyagers Grimlock and Optimus for $49, and Deluxe Crosshairs, Bumblebee, Slug and Scorn for $30.

A little bit expensive considering they're 'deluxe' Voyagers and 'scout' deluxes...:p

Samtron
10th May 2014, 08:04 PM
Well hopefully the Voyagers make their way down south soon 'cause papa needs himself a Grimlock! Popped into Target Hobart yesterday and found they have everything BUT the Voyagers on the shelf :P Still, walked out with Scorn and Slug so a trip worthwhile. Back next week for the rest :D
And yes 'tis a shame about the incredible shrinking transformer toys but hey, at least they're still good looking and fun to pose/play around with :)

Sutton
11th May 2014, 06:52 AM
Well hopefully the Voyagers make their way down south soon 'cause papa needs himself a Grimlock! Popped into Target Hobart yesterday and found they have everything BUT the Voyagers on the shelf :P Still, walked out with Scorn and Slug so a trip worthwhile. Back next week for the rest :D
And yes 'tis a shame about the incredible shrinking transformer toys but hey, at least they're still good looking and fun to pose/play around with :)

Actually I have to take that snarky size comment back, they're actually not that small. Certainly not as small as the DOTM line anyway. They've made their plastic savings through simplicity instead. Evasion Prime is bigger than most of the recent Voyager Primes.

Samtron
6th July 2014, 03:21 PM
Just returned from K-mart at Eastlands with all five of the FoC wreckers/Ruination for the measly sum of 15 bucks a piece! Yeah they're repaints of FoC Bruticus but oh what repaints and with some sweet new head sculpts ta'boot! Not much left on the shelf though except for a few more wreckers and the odd FoC Optimus/Jazz/Shockwave so, don't know about K-mart New Towns availability though. May be worth a look for those looking to pick them up :)