PDA

View Full Version : TAS Transformers Sightings.

Pages : [1] 2

griffin
7th January 2009, 03:10 AM
Post here anything Transformers related (toys, merch, etc) you find in a retail store in TASMANIA.
Please try to include the price, and if it isn't a limited item, please mention the location.

Sutton
31st January 2009, 11:26 PM
Not that it looks like many folks are from Tas or the NT, but...

Picked up Beachcomber and Brawn from Launceston Toyworld today, $6.90 each. Had the rest of the wave there too, as well as the Animated legends figures and the recent Animated Activators wave (Dirge, Grimlock, Megatron, Cliffjumper etc).

Also still had the SE deluxe Classics figures in stock, heaps of Dragstrip and Megatrons. Not sure if Overkill is short-packed, but I've only seen one of him in my travels so far.

Also had one of the 25th Anniversary Primes, this one didn't seem as pink so I can only assume the lighting in Toyworld is crap :cool:

Sutton
31st January 2009, 11:30 PM
Meanwhile at Kmart, there's still a decent amount of Animated deluxes from the past 3 waves (Sentinel Primes, Soundwaves, Swoops, etc) and Voyagers (Grimlocks, Primes, Lugnuts).

The Animated Leader Class figures are on special BTW, $74.95. No stickers or tickets anywhere, just happened to check on the scanner. Might be worth checking at your local Kmarts to see if this is the case wherever you are too.

Sutton
14th February 2009, 07:18 PM
Old movie stock at Target basically getting tossed on the street:

Movie Voyagers (First strike Prime, Starscream, Off Road Ironhide, Evac) $20

Movie Deluxes (ALL waves, plus target exclusives like Jolt and Grindcore) $15

Movie Leader Class (Brawl, Megatron and Nightwatch Prime) $50

Sutton
14th February 2009, 07:19 PM
Toyworld also has Blurr and Swindle Animated figures, $25, as well as the Mighty Muggs thingies.

Sutton
22nd February 2009, 09:07 PM
My brother picked up Hound and Cyclonus in Burnie Kmart yesterday.

Still no sign of them in Launceston...

:(:(:(

griffin
22nd February 2009, 10:30 PM
Really hope we get some other tassie (or NT) members posting sightings soon, or else it'll look like you're the only one there.

dirge
23rd February 2009, 10:37 AM
Jervis Bay Territory FTW!

(do they even have a store that sells toys I wonder?)

Sutton
28th February 2009, 02:19 PM
Finally had the new deluxes in Toyworld Launceston...

Hound, Cyclonus, Starscream, Smokescreen, Cheetor, Dinobot...at least one of each left still.

And some weird-ass Optimus-head bubblebath dispenser thing for $20 :confused::confused::confused:

Okay then, just Inferno to go and that's it for Universe for the time being :(:(:(

Sutton
28th February 2009, 02:20 PM
Okay then, just Inferno to go and that's it for Universe for the time being :(:(:(

Actually, that's probably not such a bad thing...I'd be skint if they brought out new Classics alongside the new Movie-line.

Sutton
28th February 2009, 02:21 PM
Actually, that's probably not such a bad thing...I'd be skint if they brought out new Classics alongside the new Movie-line.

Yes, there's so few people in the TAS/NT thread, I have to quote myself :p

griffin
28th February 2009, 10:17 PM
Even if no one else posts sightings in your state, for now, it still lets me know how the national distribution of certain figures is going.

Sutton
8th March 2009, 07:46 PM
Toyworld Hobart had Leo Prime and the other Scattershot repaint (Dropshot?). No Infernos. :(

Seriously, Hasbro baulked at doing Galvatron in Voyager scale because there were too many tanks in the Universe line, but went ahead and released the same mold twice within 6 mounths, plus a repaint of Cybertron Defense Red Alert??? WTFF>???<

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Verno
8th March 2009, 08:05 PM
My brother picked up Hound and Cyclonus in Burnie Kmart yesterday.

Still no sign of them in Launceston...

:(:(:(

How dare you enter my Kmart!

There were 2 Uni Cheetors in there, was only one in there yesterday. I didn't buy it so some unlucky child has that abomination to call their own.

Sutton
13th March 2009, 06:05 PM
Picked up Inferno from Toyworld today, they had all of the new wave of repaint Voyagers, hiding behind the unmoving masses of Blaster and Heavy Load.

So that's it for Classics for me, until Hasbro sees fit to make some more for us.

:):):):):):)

nike1
7th April 2009, 09:02 AM
the myer in launceston , recently just put out a heap of movie starscreams,
i think there was at least 8?

MUST buy one myself..

Sutton
10th April 2009, 11:28 AM
the myer in launceston , recently just put out a heap of movie starscreams,
i think there was at least 8?

MUST buy one myself..

Yes, stacks of Starscreams and Ratchets, and they're only $20 at the moment.

I'd be hanging out for the superior ROTF version though, unless you can't stand the tattoo motif of course.

nike1
10th April 2009, 12:57 PM
Yes, stacks of Starscreams and Ratchets, and they're only $20 at the moment.

I'd be hanging out for the superior ROTF version though, unless you can't stand the tattoo motif of course.

20 bucks?? for real..?
DAMN!!!!! i have GOT to get one..

Sutton
14th May 2009, 07:47 PM
Picked up the preview Bumblebee and Soundwave today, which means they should be in local Toyworlds from tomorrow onwards...which is the official release date, btw. There's a big red sticker on the shipping boxes that clearly says 'May 15'.

nike1
26th May 2009, 09:04 PM
for the tassie TFers

birchallas has bumblebee and soundwave figures from the ROTF line at the moment.

Sutton
28th May 2009, 07:38 PM
As expected, everything's shown up in Target and Kmart Launceston, although annoyingly there seems to be an AVALANCHE of Leader class, FAB and Gravity Bots...not too many deluxes and voyagers around...:confused::confused::confused:

Sutton
30th May 2009, 12:54 PM
Everything at Toyworld Launceston, as well as the second wave of FAB's (Long Haul, Jetfire etc) and some RPM stuff.

Sutton
16th June 2009, 08:38 PM
Ransack and Depthcharge decided to show up at Launceston Kmart. Still no sign of Mixmaster or the (lame) Voyager Megatron anywhere yet, no Fallen either.

nike1
18th June 2009, 09:24 PM
what also showed up @ toyworld was masterpiece starscream, oh my god this thing is insane!

Sutton
19th June 2009, 07:02 PM
what also showed up @ toyworld was masterpiece starscream, oh my god this thing is insane!

Yep, the GF paid a pretty penny for one last year for my birthday, she was NOT pleased at all.

Where the hell has Hasbro been keeping all of these things??? :confused::confused::confused:

Ridiculous.

Sutton
19th June 2009, 07:05 PM
Picked up Mixmaster from Target Launceston. They had the puke-green Megatron too, of course.

Ode to a Grasshopper
25th June 2009, 04:58 PM
Wow...I'm in Devonport right now, and my God the pickings are slim and overpriced. Can't wait to get back to the Mainland...sorry all you Tassie-ers.

Verno
25th June 2009, 05:20 PM
Devonport is a dirty stinking hole so no offence taken.

Ode to a Grasshopper
26th June 2009, 03:46 PM
Glad to hear the rest of Tassie is better, it'd be nice of my mother was staying somewhere less craptastic.
Still, really can't see myself staying here in Tas for very long, especially with Melbs so close and the rest of the world beckoning too.

Sutton
8th September 2009, 06:22 PM
Thought I'd chime in to say that Tassie's been keeping up with the rest of the country (within 2 - 3 days) as far as toy releases go.

Today saw Devastator show up at Toyworld for $200. Ouch.

autobreadticon
8th September 2009, 06:31 PM
Thought I'd chime in to say that Tassie's been keeping up with the rest of the country (within 2 - 3 days) as far as toy releases go.

Today saw Devastator show up at Toyworld for $200. Ouch.

Hay i noticed Devastator is missing a dude? Are they planning on releasing a seperate toy later with the intention of a secret config. for the Devastator toy ?:D

Sutton
8th September 2009, 09:03 PM
Hay i noticed Devastator is missing a dude? Are they planning on releasing a seperate toy later with the intention of a secret config. for the Devastator toy ?:D

No, that's it. The Legends version has the full seven (Overload is missing from the big one), although as many people have pointed out in other forums, movie Devs is actually made up of more than seven guys.

I'm hoping the Legends Devastator gets a local release - it's apparently getting an exclusive run at Target or Toys R Us or something in the US next year sometime, so hopefully that'll filter down to Oz in some fashion. I picked up the big version today, and am really quite happy with it despite the lack of bot modes.

pheonix83
17th September 2009, 05:56 PM
question to the rest of the tassie guys.

do any of you collect G1 as well as the new stuff

Sutton
18th September 2009, 07:39 AM
Nope, not really, sorry. I'd pick up the odd iconic character if they showed up locally more often - Birchalls had a couple of 'Encores' at one point, but nothing since.

griffin
13th November 2009, 07:25 PM
Sighted the Movie Seekers Skywarp and Ramjet at Myer, Hobart. And Target HAD 2 Arcees (the first I have found at retail).
Nothing else really new to report down here (went to a Target, Toyworld and Myer - a lotta 'old' stuff still warming shelves), but should be checking out a BigW and Kmart tomorrow.

griffin
15th November 2009, 12:36 AM
Day 2 of 2 in TAS, and after checking 2 BigW's, 2 Kmarts and a Target, I found nothing much of interest (nothing I wanted either). There was a fair bit of current stock to be found though, so it wouldn't be so bad for fans living in Hobart.

Sutton
18th November 2009, 04:58 PM
Day 2 of 2 in TAS, and after checking 2 BigW's, 2 Kmarts and a Target, I found nothing much of interest (nothing I wanted either). There was a fair bit of current stock to be found though, so it wouldn't be so bad for fans living in Hobart.

There's nothing to complain about at all in the North - we occassionally get bits and pieces in before the rest of the country, believe it or not.

My Alternator Decepticharge came from Devenport Kmart, strangely. They had an Alternator Ravage there at the time too - not sure how widespread those releases were nationally.

Sutton
21st April 2010, 09:40 PM
Popped into Hobart for a few days, managed to grab a Bludgeon from Big W Glenorchy. They only had one of Bludgeon and Recon Ironhide at the Glenorchy and Eastlands stores, plus several Mindwipes and Defender Optimus Primes.

Target at Glenorchy and in the central city was the typical selection of dreggs that they're becoming renowned for these days...a few scout ROTF figures, a truck load of Wave 1 Animated (way to strike when the iron's hot, guys). Keychains and crap that no one would want.

Kmart Eastlands was more or less bare, but Kmart New Town was full of good stuff - one of each of nearly every ROTF deluxe from Wave 2 onwards. I picked up a Thrust (thought I'd missed him for sure) and Brawn. Heaps of Brawns left, but that was the last Thust.

Ode to a Grasshopper
18th May 2010, 08:26 PM
Still no Bludgeons or Recon Ironhides in the North (Burnie/Devonport), but Collector's Home Entertainment Superstore in Burnie did have a complete Beast Wars DVD set and all of the Japan G1 (Headmasters, Victory, Masterforce) DVD series. I didn't get prices for them, sorry.
Will check out Launceston later this week, hopefully the Target there has some of the new Voyagers.

Sutton
18th May 2010, 11:20 PM
Still no Bludgeons or Recon Ironhides in the North (Burnie/Devonport), but Collector's Home Entertainment Superstore in Burnie did have a complete Beast Wars DVD set and all of the Japan G1 (Headmasters, Victory, Masterforce) DVD series. I didn't get prices for them, sorry.
Will check out Launceston later this week, hopefully the Target there has some of the new Voyagers.

Yes, Target Launceston has the new Voyagers - only one of each last time I looked though.

Ode to a Grasshopper
24th May 2010, 06:13 PM
The yellow-packed toys have started showing up at our Toyworlds too - no 2-pack PCCs yet though.:(

EDIT - None at Burnie at any rate, will check Devonport next time I'm in but I very rarely get down to Launceston (right now I'm just hoping I can get stock sent up to Burnie for the latest Target sale).

Sutton
26th May 2010, 09:39 AM
The yellow-packed toys have started showing up at our Toyworlds too - no 2-pack PCCs yet though.:(

Scratch that, 2-pack PCCs are at Toyworld Launceston - $19.99

Alongside the 5-pack PCCs ($39.99), yellow packaged Scouts, Legends and Voyagers, all standard prices.

Birchalls also has everything in stock too, but their prices are...misguided. They'll still have the same stock sitting there in a year's time.

Ode to a Grasshopper
1st July 2010, 05:54 PM
KMart Devonport has stocked up with heaps of the latest line, so presumably so have the others. Sadly they skipped on Bludgeon and friends.:(

verboten82
25th August 2010, 08:40 PM
i`m holidaying in tassie spotted heaps of legends devastator in target launceston and voyager animated on cleareance at $20 (the first wave)

Ode to a Grasshopper
12th November 2010, 03:06 PM
Terradive, Tomahawk and packmates have made their way to Kmart, and Big W Hobart had a single Generations Soundwave for $25 as of this afternoon.

Sutton
18th November 2010, 07:18 PM
Blurr and Dirge at Big W Eastlands, several of each.

The reports of Blurr having chipped paint seems to be a widespread problem, all 3 I saw had very rough looking stipes.

Ode to a Grasshopper
22nd November 2010, 08:53 AM
They were gone as of the 20th, but at least they're starting to show up.

Ode to a Grasshopper
2nd December 2010, 04:43 PM
New scouts (Oil Pan, Breacher, Insecticon) and Deluxe/Voyager 2-packs at Target Hobart. Also the PCC wave with Icepick, Leadfoot and Sledge.

Ode to a Grasshopper
4th December 2010, 11:46 AM
Big W Eastlands has 2x Thunderwings, 1x Dirge, 2x WFC Cliffjumpers, 3x Red Alerts and 1x Skullgrin.
Nothing new in KMart, though they have the sale items going if anyone's after the Legends or Scout multipacks.
Target has Last Stand of the Wreckers for $9.85.

Ode to a Grasshopper
9th December 2010, 05:11 PM
Target has a lone Terradive.

Ode to a Grasshopper
13th December 2010, 02:13 PM
Back in Devonport and there's a few recent releases - 1x Icepick, Leadfoot, Blurr, heaps of Dirges, 1x Cybertronian Megs, a few of the Movie Voyager/Deluxe 2-packs, etc.
Toyworld is pretty much a loss as far as new stuff goes.

Ode to a Grasshopper
21st December 2010, 02:47 PM
KMart has a few new AA Deluxes - I was quite tempted by Axor - and the new Scouts. Still quite a few Generations too, a few Soundwaves, 1x Dirge, 1x WFC Megs, a couple of Darkmounts and 2 Blurrs, both with not-great paint apps.
$8 Windcharger FTW!

Sutton
1st February 2011, 07:18 PM
Finally found Thunderwing and Skullgrin at Target Northgate, $22 with the current special.

They weren't on the shelf, I had to get them out of the sealed case in one of those trolley things. Still another one of each to be had.

Now let's see how long it takes the local Big W's and Kmarts to start stocking Wreck-Gar and Perceptor.

Sutton
19th February 2011, 02:38 PM
Wreckgar, Perceptor, Prime and Orangebee at Toyworld Hobart, $32.

prowlercon
29th March 2011, 11:24 PM
big w glenorchy has rodimus and cyclonus for $25 and other rts deluxes for about $24;)

JustOwen
2nd April 2011, 09:34 AM
Battle in space set sighted in CBD Target

prowlercon
27th April 2011, 05:00 PM
found RTS grappelat toyworld hobart $40, also had lugnut and strafe:)

Sutton
10th May 2011, 12:39 PM
Only DOTM stuff to show up in Launceston so far are the Gobots at Toyworld and some costumes at Target. Looks like everyone's behaving themselves.

Some good prices on Leader-class figures when they show up at Toyworld on Monday - $69 in the catalog. Voyagers $39 and deluxe $25 IIRC.

MTE
13th May 2011, 05:05 PM
Target Hobart CBD are just putting out their DOTM figures. I picked up deluxe Ratchet. I saw a lot of the scout class, and many deluxe, voyager and human alliance. No leaders :( Although they were only about half-way through unpacking.

Sutton
13th May 2011, 08:14 PM
Target guys were putting stuff away when we got there today. Apparently they realised their error pretty quickly because they'd only just put them out.

Lucky for me, Toyworld was quite happy to put all their stuff out, and was selling them at the prices in their latest catalog - $69 Leaders, $39 Voyagers and $25 Deluxes.

I picked up a Sentinel Prime, Megatron and Roadbuster. I almost picked up Crankcase as well but balked when I saw how small he was. All of the toys are smaller this time around in fact, no doubt due in part to the rather bulky Mechtech weapons. But Crankcase in particular is really noticeable...!

griffin
13th May 2011, 10:35 PM
Yeah, I noticed that too the other day when I saw it for the first time at Kmart. Crankcase is just so skinny and tiny, it is obvious. But it could just be the 'Gen1 Tracks' of the Deluxes, as the redecos are the same size as their previous versions, but now have an extra lump of plastic adding to the cost (without charging more).

killken
17th May 2011, 09:39 AM
Just back from Toyworld Hobart. They got their DOTM stuff out today when I asked for it. From what they showed me:

Leader:
1XSentinel
1XBB

Voyager:
Ironhide
Optimus
Megatron
couple others cant remember

and then they had the smaller crankcase, ratchet, the green nascar, skids and a few more I cant remember.

Leaders were $69 I am spewing I ordered online now I could have grabbed Sentinel bugger but I ended up grabing nothing so they are all still there atm.

Sutton
19th May 2011, 09:33 PM
Hilariously, Kmart Launceston was only just putting out their DOTM stuff tonight. I guess they were just being extra extra careful with that embargo date :D

Extra hilariously, they were trying to squeeze them all into the same 2-feet wide section the TF's have had for the last year or so. No, fools, it will not all fit - you need to do what every other shop in town has done and set up a separate section. They had at least one of everything out, but a lot of it was stacked up on top of each other in a really ugly way. Deluxes were all over the place and in other toyline sections. All of the Thor toys were hidden behind TFs. And they had a whole other huge pallet full of stuff to unload, the three guys unpacking were sort of just looking at each other shrugging with a 'where the hell do we put this' kind of look on their faces.

On the bright side, they also put out a mountain of Wheeljack, Warpaths, Thundercracker, Kup and Scourge at the standard generations price.

prowlercon
21st May 2011, 06:38 PM
kmart had DOTM stuff out, aswell as the rest of the generations figures so i grabed 5

Sutton
21st June 2011, 05:15 PM
Myer Launceston had Leader Ironhide....just in time for the 'sale' on Thursday (you know, the thing where they bring their prices down to match everyone else's for a while?).

Doesn't particularly interest me to be honest...might pick one up on clearance.

Sutton
21st June 2011, 05:16 PM
Meanwhile, Toyworld had a stack of good bargains...all the voyager (ROTF and the recent Generations Grappel/Lugnut waves) were $25!

And Generations deluxes Jazz/Tracks/Prime/Wreckgar/Perceptor etc were going for $15!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Sutton
18th March 2012, 12:46 PM
Myer had the Starscream vs Bumblebee 'Prime' 2-pack with Silas and the Soldier for $59.

All of the other Prime toys have shown up here, although some scalper has gotten to all the Vehicon legends toys...

prowlercon
23rd June 2012, 03:50 PM
Tfprime figures arcee and ratchet at big W eastlands,$24 ea. they also had RC bee and an optimus but no knockout?$?? forgot to check.

killken
6th July 2012, 02:38 PM
Anyone know when we could expect FOC Transformers in Tassie? I want shockwave and Jazz!

prowlercon
19th July 2012, 08:15 PM
Anyone know when we could expect FOC Transformers in Tassie? I want shockwave and Jazz!

possibly in sept? call the guys at toyworld, they are abit more helpful now:)

Ode to a Grasshopper
28th July 2012, 04:38 PM
Jazz and Prime were out in Devonport KMart, so I assume they're hitting shelves elsewhere now.

killken
31st July 2012, 10:21 PM
Damn you got me excited. Kmart Newtown just has Prime toys :(

killken
8th September 2012, 12:38 PM
Still no FOC at Hobart area targets, toyworld or KMart :-(

prowlercon
15th September 2012, 07:24 PM
finally found FOC at target glenorchy $28ea, 2 of each left

killken
15th September 2012, 10:31 PM
Cheers mate just picked up Jazz and Shockwave. Only 1 of OP and Shockwave left.

killken
29th September 2012, 12:23 PM
Just saw at Toyworld Hobart:

1 X FOC Blast Off
2 X FOC Prime
1 X FOC Jazz

Apparently on special :rolleyes: for $25 each. Didn't bother with Blast off as that would mean I have to get the rest then lol

prowlercon
9th November 2012, 05:55 PM
Finally something new :), soundwave and soundblaster at target northgate, $39 ea. 2 of each left

killken
12th November 2012, 01:46 PM
I'll be fine with my WFC Soundwave. Bring on FOC Starscream and Sideswipe!

prowlercon
22nd November 2012, 07:37 PM
Ravage & Rumble + Ratbat & Frenzy discs at Toyworld, $13 ea. had a few in the shelves, also soundwave and soundblaster for $39:)

Samtron
31st October 2013, 10:13 AM
Greetings all! Long time visitor, first time poster :) Just putting it out there for all the Tassie Transformer fans that Big W currently has Generations Metrolpex for just $98 down from $148 as part of their latest sale that started today. There were eight boxes on the floor when I grabbed mine at Big W Glenorchy this morning, not sure about the others stores availability however. Laters!

Samtron
7th December 2013, 03:29 PM
Hi all! Spotted Kre-O Micro Changers (Collection 2) at Big-W Glenorchy today. Not many left though and only one box on the shelf that I could see (for now). Thought I would post as it's the first time I've seen them available locally. Laters!

Samtron
8th May 2014, 11:44 AM
Hi guys! Not much to report on the Tassie front at the moment (frustratingly). Target Northgate has the 'Flip & Change' Optimus Prime and Grimlock. BigW Northgate has AoE FE Optimus Primes and BigW Eastlands has 'Power Attackers' Hound, Strafe, Bumblebee and Crosshairs. Still have Target Hobart and Myer to check up on though so, watch this space local TF fans!

Sutton
9th May 2014, 03:32 PM
Toyworld Launceston has the AOE Voyagers Grimlock and Optimus for $49, and Deluxe Crosshairs, Bumblebee, Slug and Scorn for $30.

A little bit expensive considering they're 'deluxe' Voyagers and 'scout' deluxes...:p

Samtron
10th May 2014, 08:04 PM
Well hopefully the Voyagers make their way down south soon 'cause papa needs himself a Grimlock! Popped into Target Hobart yesterday and found they have everything BUT the Voyagers on the shelf :P Still, walked out with Scorn and Slug so a trip worthwhile. Back next week for the rest :D
And yes 'tis a shame about the incredible shrinking transformer toys but hey, at least they're still good looking and fun to pose/play around with :)

Sutton
11th May 2014, 06:52 AM
Well hopefully the Voyagers make their way down south soon 'cause papa needs himself a Grimlock! Popped into Target Hobart yesterday and found they have everything BUT the Voyagers on the shelf :P Still, walked out with Scorn and Slug so a trip worthwhile. Back next week for the rest :D
And yes 'tis a shame about the incredible shrinking transformer toys but hey, at least they're still good looking and fun to pose/play around with :)

Actually I have to take that snarky size comment back, they're actually not that small. Certainly not as small as the DOTM line anyway. They've made their plastic savings through simplicity instead. Evasion Prime is bigger than most of the recent Voyager Primes.

Samtron
6th July 2014, 03:21 PM
Just returned from K-mart at Eastlands with all five of the FoC wreckers/Ruination for the measly sum of 15 bucks a piece! Yeah they're repaints of FoC Bruticus but oh what repaints and with some sweet new head sculpts ta'boot! Not much left on the shelf though except for a few more wreckers and the odd FoC Optimus/Jazz/Shockwave so, don't know about K-mart New Towns availability though. May be worth a look for those looking to pick them up :)

Sutton
22nd January 2015, 08:19 PM
Just going to mention (because they haven't been mentioned much in other states) that Launceston Toyworld has the Combiner Wars Legends Wave (Powerglide, Bombshell etc). $16.99.

Samtron
22nd January 2015, 09:39 PM
Geez that'd be right. I got all excited about the new line and bought Powerglide from eBay just last week for 20 bucks and now he turns up locally for $16.99! Ah well, still after Bombshell and Windcharger so will have to keep an eye out at the local Hobart Toyworld. Cheers for the heads up Sutton!

Sutton Sr
13th February 2015, 06:04 PM
Burnie Toyworld had all the Wave 1 Combiner Wars. I snapped them up straight away. They're pretty nice.

Sutton
28th February 2015, 06:15 PM
Burnie Toyworld had all the Wave 1 Combiner Wars. I snapped them up straight away. They're pretty nice.

So good to see proper TF's on the pegs again...!

Now hurry up and put out the Stunticons, the kids love Dragstrip and want the rest of the team.

caecae22
6th March 2015, 01:59 PM
anyone kow if the toyworld in hobart has any combiner wars in stock? ive been looking everywhere and theres been pretty much nothing in the way of transformers that interests me in quite some time

Sutton
6th March 2015, 04:55 PM
anyone kow if the toyworld in hobart has any combiner wars in stock? ive been looking everywhere and theres been pretty much nothing in the way of transformers that interests me in quite some time

The Toyworld up here in Launnie tends to get things at exactly the same time as the mainland, sometimes a couple of days later, but the Hobart Toyworld I've always found to be a bit shithouse. Usually a very limited TF section in general. But, if Hasbro's been slinging this combiner wars stuff at a reduced wholesale price, there might be hope!

caecae22
8th March 2015, 12:48 PM
The Toyworld up here in Launnie tends to get things at exactly the same time as the mainland, sometimes a couple of days later, but the Hobart Toyworld I've always found to be a bit shithouse. Usually a very limited TF section in general. But, if Hasbro's been slinging this combiner wars stuff at a reduced wholesale price, there might be hope!

alright i guess ill just have to hope. i suppose it might be worth venturing out and having a look sometime then, and failing that ill have t oresort to buying off the internet then.

Samtron
11th March 2015, 11:54 AM
I popped into the Hobart one a good couple of weeks back. At the time they did have Optimus and Silverbolt as well as deluxe Dragstrip, two of the aerialbots and legends Windcharger, Thundercracker and Bombshell. I snagged the Dragstrip and went back a week or so later to grab more but they were all gone. The girl I spoke to said they wouldn't be getting anymore until April apparently *sigh*

Verno
11th March 2015, 12:25 PM

Wait, there's someone else from Burnie on the board?!

prowlercon
27th June 2015, 11:24 AM
2 devies at glenorchy big w, near lay-by counter��

requiemau88
12th July 2015, 10:34 PM
Hi guys, member from WA that was over for the freo hawks game. Anyway, the toyworld in Hobart had wave 2 combiner wars as well as megs and armada megs. Picked up a dead end, but there were a few left of everything

Samtron
9th August 2015, 03:34 PM
Hi again all! Spied a couple of CW Motomasters as Target Northgate the other day. Nabbed one for myself leaving two still on the shelf, $49.00 each. Happy hunting!

ZoonMaster5000
16th August 2015, 10:48 AM
K-mart have the wave 3 deluxe combiner wars for those who are after the protectobots not really sure what happened to wave 2?

Sutton Sr
10th September 2015, 05:57 PM
Picked up a CW Motormaster from Kmart, Burnie today. Sadly he was the only one there.

Sutton
1st October 2015, 09:34 PM
Saw a lone Hot Spot at Kmart Launceston tonight. Also had the Warpath/Rodimus wave legends, no deluxes at all.

Samtron
5th December 2015, 03:02 PM
Spotted 3 or 4 CW Hot Spots at Toyworld Hobart during the week along with 3 or 4 CW Cyclonus', on sale currently for $39.99 each. Also managed to snag one of those $20 Generations Jetfires from The Reject Shop Glenorchy today with 2 left on the shelf. Not sure about Moonah, Eastlands of Bridgewater as Glenorchy was the first store I hit. Also a decent stock of the other random Transformers mentioned in their catalogue along with the odd AoE movie deluxes and Beast Hunter deluxes.

ZoonMaster5000
5th December 2015, 08:26 PM
picked up the last 2 jetfires at the reject shop in Mowbray not sure how many would be at the prospect vale reject shop.

Toy world Launceston has wave 4 cw deluxes and voyager hot spot and cyclonus
But for $29.99 for deluxes and $49.99 can't see them being picked up in a hurry.

Samtron
18th December 2015, 11:19 PM
Stumbled upon a CW Devastator today at BigW Glenorchy, just randomly sitting on the floor in the toy section. An employee nearby who scanned it for me advised they had received 8 and the chick at the lay by counter said she had helped put away 3 today so they might possibly have a few left for anyone chasing one. Currently $198.00 :)

Samtron
16th January 2016, 10:53 PM
Found multiples of all the Bruticus limbs at Target Northgate yesterday along with a couple of leader class Starscreams.

Samtron
7th March 2016, 02:49 PM
Spotted two CW Devi's sitting on the shelf at BigW Glenorchy today for any locals hunting one :)

Verno
8th March 2016, 09:40 AM
Spotted two CW Devi's sitting on the shelf at BigW Glenorchy today for any locals hunting one :)
Glenorchy? *Shudders*

Samtron
21st March 2016, 03:09 PM
It's really not that bad once you make it through all the bogans and too-young-to-be-mums pushing their prams around :D On another note, found CW Onslaught and Skylynx and Kmart Newtown today :)

Sutton Sr
21st March 2016, 11:35 PM
SkyLynx found at Launceston K-Mart today according to my brother.

Sutton
11th June 2016, 08:22 PM
Fort max and victorion at big w kingston, about seven of each in the transformer section on the top shelf. The other two bigws didn't have anything out yet.

Samtron
11th June 2016, 08:26 PM
Yeah I popped into my local one (Glenorchy) the other day enquiring about them. Got told yep, they're on the inventory list but nope, you'll have to come in midnight Wednesday night when the sale starts to nab one. *sigh* Almost worth the drive to Kingston :P

Sutton
28th July 2016, 07:03 PM
Spotted Sentinel Prime and Galvatron at Kmart Launceston

Ode to a Grasshopper
12th August 2016, 06:12 PM
Toyworld Devonport has the Titan Masters Voyagers. Nothing else new.

Haven't had a chance to check out KMart and Target yet.

Sutton Sr
15th August 2016, 02:53 PM
Spotted Sentinel Prime and Galvatron at Kmart Launceston

Burnie Kmart had them as well. No Galvatrons left now, strangely. :D

Samtron
15th August 2016, 11:20 PM
Absolutely nothing at K-mart Eastlands except maybe the smallest, weakest Transformers display ever. Picked up a solitary Voyager Sentinel Prime at K-mart Newtown about two weeks ago and haven't seen a single Titans Return figure on their shelves since (all the staff I ask when I randomly pop in don't even know what I'm on about). Haven't checked Toyworld Hobart yet.

Sutton
17th August 2016, 12:19 PM
Launceston Toyworld has Leader Soundwave $89 and Voyager Galvatron and Sentinel $49.

Soundwave looks better in person, but not for $89...

Ode to a Grasshopper
18th August 2016, 03:58 PM
Toyworld Burnie has a (very small) number of TR voyagers, and a few more of the little head-and-vehicle packs.
Target is about the same.

No TR deluxes anywhere in the Northwest it seems.:( Couldn't find any Leader class TR figures either.

Still a lot of the Combiner Wars Optimus Maximus set limbs though.

Sutton
22nd August 2016, 05:09 PM
Legends Wheelie, Rewind and Stripes at Launceston Toyworld for the usual unrealistic $20.

Ode to a Grasshopper
26th August 2016, 06:08 PM
Same for Devonport Toyworld.

TR Voyager Astrotrain and Alpha Trion at Devonport KMart.

Sutton
27th August 2016, 11:45 AM
2X Alpha Trion at Kmart Launceston.

There was an Astrotrain, but...

Samtron
27th August 2016, 11:55 AM
*sigh* I don't know why I bother living in southern Tassie. Seriously, ONE solitary voyager Sentinel Prime from K-mart Newtown at least three weeks ago then....nothing. Nothing at K-mart Newtown or Eastlands. Nothing at Toyworld Hobart. Nothing at BigW Glenorchy or Eastlands and nothing at Target Glenorchy! *siiiiiiiiigh*

Sutton Sr
30th August 2016, 07:22 AM
Toyworld Burnie has 1 Powermaster Optimus Prime. They did have a Blaster as well but I snapped him up.

Sutton
30th August 2016, 09:30 AM
*sigh* I don't know why I bother living in southern Tassie. Seriously, ONE solitary voyager Sentinel Prime from K-mart Newtown at least three weeks ago then....nothing. Nothing at K-mart Newtown or Eastlands. Nothing at Toyworld Hobart. Nothing at BigW Glenorchy or Eastlands and nothing at Target Glenorchy! *siiiiiiiiigh*

I agree - Launceston and the North West tend to get things the same time as the rest of the country, sometimes with a 7 day delay. And in the past we've even had things first in the country.

But Hobart sucks for TFs. The only exception recently was Fort Max and Victorion at Big W, but that was part of a nationwide sale so that doesn't count.

Sutton Sr
30th August 2016, 02:34 PM
Does anyone else have Blaster yet? I couldn't see him in the First Sightings thread.

ZoonMaster5000
30th August 2016, 03:11 PM
Does anyone else have Blaster yet? I couldn't see him in the First Sightings thread.

I only buy the TT legends series and as i Just picked up kfc's pure red transistor so I'm not sure if Ill get this one, so i havent been into town to see if there are any available.

Are his lower legs really big and hollow like in the pictures or have they managed close it all up nicely?

Sutton
30th August 2016, 03:39 PM

Yeah, in Myer and some Toyworlds/Toymates on the mainland.

Samtron
3rd September 2016, 02:51 PM
Praise be! Popped into K-mart Newtown for the 20th time and FINALLY they had all the wave 1 deluxes, legends and those little headmaster packs thingies (at least I think it was all of them). $25, $19 and $9 respectively :)

Sutton
3rd September 2016, 04:40 PM
Myer Launceston has the Wave 1 deluxes X2 full sets (already bought what I wanted online), plus one lonely Galvatron - nothing new in Toyworld, and Target continues to not understand that the way stock sells is if it is put onto a shelf for a customer to purchase. Haven't checked Kmart all week though.

Sutton
6th September 2016, 02:53 PM
Kmart caught up finally and put everything out - deluxes, legends and individually wrapped heads.

Ode to a Grasshopper
6th September 2016, 03:35 PM
No Deluxes in Devonport. Legends and little head dudes are out though.

Samtron
18th September 2016, 01:46 PM
Found first wave Titans Return stuff at BigW Eastlands and Glenorchy today. Galvatron, Sentinel, just a few deluxes and a bunch of headmaster packs. Usual prices.

Mofojojo
21st September 2016, 12:18 AM
Toyworld Hobart had 3 soundwave titans return left on Saturday.
Big w now stock titan masters, legends, deluxe and voyager. Eastland have 3 sentinel primes and 2 scourge left.

Ode to a Grasshopper
24th September 2016, 09:18 AM
Titans Return Wave 1 Deluxes finally out at KMart Devonport. $20 each.

Sutton
30th September 2016, 07:46 PM
All the Wave 2 deluxes at Launceston Kmart.

Ode to a Grasshopper
26th October 2016, 06:44 PM
Wave 2 deluxes out at KMart Devonport. 2x Mindwipes, 1x Wolfwire, 1x Highbrow.

Ode to a Grasshopper
14th November 2016, 07:37 PM
RiD Springload and Legion Starscream are both out at Woolworths.

ZoonMaster5000
14th November 2016, 08:28 PM
popped into myer launceston last week they had:
Titans returns Fort Max $350
Platinum seeker squadron $199 and the platinum optimus/megatron for $150

Mofojojo
30th November 2016, 12:01 AM
Big w eastlands got wave 3 deluxes in.
Victorion reduced as well

Ode to a Grasshopper
2nd December 2016, 10:17 PM
Burnie had some reasonable stock...for NW Tassie. Still all Wave 1 & 2 stuff for the Titans Return line. Didn't really take note of the RiD stuff, but it all looked pretty old too.

KMart has the G2 Combiner Wars Bruticus set, $99. A few Leader-class Blasters, and a handful of Deluxes, mostly Chromedomes and Highbrows with a smattering of others. Reasonable range of Voyagers, 1x Galvatron and Sentinel Prime, and a few Astrotrains and Alpha Trions.

Target has...well, not much. 2x Deluxes and a handful of Legends, with a few Legends as well.

Both stores have pretty minimal TF sections, it's all Avengers and Star Wars atm.

Plus there's a leather shop in the arcade/mall that had a Decepticon logo pendant/leather-strip necklace on special for $10. Tempting, but I'm not a big things-around-my-neck person.

Sutton
10th December 2016, 04:53 PM
Confirming that there's nothing new in Launceston at the moment - all the shelves at Toyworld/Kmart/Target are clogged with wave 1 and 2 of Leaders, Deluxe, Voyager and Legends, so it'll probably be a while before we see any of the Wave 3 stuff here - hoping the Christmas build up clears some of the back log out. So much Blurr.

Not really a complaint though, it's a really good thing to see lots of TF's on the shelves, at reasonable prices, in a non-movie year.

pheonix83
13th December 2016, 10:34 PM
i checked Target today and the city had no transformers in stock that i could find. Mowbray only had some smaller ones.

Sutton
13th December 2016, 11:44 PM
i checked Target today and the city had no transformers in stock that i could find. Mowbray only had some smaller ones.

Lol, they're there, but usually on a lower shelf, up the back, and knocked over. But our City Target has always been a bit weak for TF's. Mowbray is generally a little better.

Samtron
14th December 2016, 12:15 AM
I did the rounds today whilst finishing up some Christmas shopping. BigW and K-mart Eastlands, nothing. Toyworld Hobart, nothing. K-mart Newtown, nothing. BigW Glenorchy, nothing. Target Glenorchy, big Ol' Titans Optimus and Blaster and some old wave 2 deluxes but other than that, nothing.

I tell ya, I think Christmas and the upcoming premiere of Rogue One are taking a backseat to my obsession with finding wave 3 legends class Gnaw :| I need me a sharkticon army!!!!

ZoonMaster5000
14th December 2016, 12:19 AM
I tell ya, I think Christmas and the upcoming premiere of Rogue One are taking a backseat to my obsession with finding wave 3 legends class Gnaw :| I need me a sharkticon army!!!!

I know how you feel! I go to Kmart at least twice a week hoping to buy all the gnaws. Only to find the same old stuff from 2 months ago

Ode to a Grasshopper
14th December 2016, 11:41 AM
I checked out Out of this World while on a short trip to Hobart on Monday...if it's Transformers you're after, don't bother.:(

pheonix83
14th December 2016, 03:55 PM
Have you guys found any combiner wars collection sets other than bruticus at Kmart ? Also fortmax other than Myer for $300

Sutton
14th December 2016, 07:12 PM
I think a boat must have sunk in Bass Straight at some point recently...traditionally we're only a week behind the mainland (and sometimes in front of them). This is the biggest gap in releases I've seen in a while.

Ode to a Grasshopper
14th December 2016, 08:10 PM
Nothing from Titans Returns Wave 3 in Devonport. No Triggerhappy for Odie today...:(

KMart has heaps of older Legends class for $15, if anyone's chasing them. There's even still a CW Legends Groove or two.

pheonix83
15th December 2016, 07:27 PM
Target launceston have a whole shelf of skywarps and a few smaller hardheads etc, and mowbray have shelfs of skywarps and starscreams. Dissapointing overall.

pheonix83
19th December 2016, 02:58 PM
Any new Tassie sightings yet boys. Xmas is nearly here.

Sutton
19th December 2016, 05:24 PM
Any new Tassie sightings yet boys. Xmas is nearly here.

I think we need the 'Christmas Panic' to clear all the old stuff off the shelves first...

Mofojojo
19th December 2016, 05:49 PM
Target Hobart have combiner wars leader starscream and also had wave 3 titan masters. Picked up swoop/ptero or whatever it is lol.
Target glenorchy have leader skywarp

Ode to a Grasshopper
19th December 2016, 05:56 PM
Target Burnie has the leader Starscreams and Skywarps as well.

pheonix83
19th December 2016, 11:12 PM
I really want some shelf warming combiner wars collection sets.

Sutton
22nd December 2016, 09:30 PM
Wave 3 Deluxes have FINALLY turned up at Target Launceston now that the old Combiner Wars stuff has cleared out.

Multiples of everyone except Breakaway, I took the lone one of him. Seemed a bit odd since he's the lame duck of this wave.

Mofojojo
27th December 2016, 03:22 AM
Wave 3 deluxes at target northgate

Ode to a Grasshopper
6th January 2017, 08:36 PM
Still no new stock in Burnie. :(
And no Jacqui Lambie, which meant that I didn't get myself a nice TR Triggerhappy OR an amusing selfie. :mad:

Samtron
8th January 2017, 04:11 PM
Nothing at K-mart Newtown or BigW Glenorchy. They're like the Chernobyl of Transformer stock at the moment, barren and dead :P

Gzzmos
29th January 2017, 09:50 PM
Kmart Devonport still only has wave 1 of TR
Toy world has wave two. Some blasters too

Gzzmos
31st January 2017, 12:54 PM
Burnie target has 2 Hot rods and 2 triggerhappys.
Leader class Starscream and skywarp

Samtron
2nd February 2017, 06:03 PM
Did the rounds after work tonight. Nothing to report at BigW Glenorchy except for a few dribbles of voyagers and one Twinferno. K-Mart Newtown however, although no wave 3 legends (Curse you Gnaw!!!!!!!) DID have the new RID warrior class figures of Scorponok, Windblade and Optimus. Only one or two if each though and that was it :P

ZoonMaster5000
4th February 2017, 03:57 PM
Popped into toyworld Launceston today they have leader sixshot, blaster and soundwave In if you want to pay $90. Can't remember if powermaster op was there they also have legends bumblebee and kickback and deluxe class hot rod and twinferno.

Oh they also had 2 Gnaws... had:D

Sutton
4th February 2017, 05:01 PM
3 years later, Kmart Launceston finally catches up with the Triggerhappy/Hotrod wave...local shops are really dropping the ball.

It's around this point - waves 4, 5 etc etc - in a series that, if you're a completionist, you need to start looking online since shops will be really unreliable.

Samtron
10th February 2017, 04:49 PM
Woo-hoo! I DID IT!! I finally got Gnaw!!!!....Times two!!!! *queue church choir* "Haaallelujah! Haaallelujah! Hall-e-lujah, hall-e-lujah, haa-aA-LUJAAAH!!!!
With BigW and Kmart Glenorchy, Newtown and Rosny letting me down for weeks it was Target Northgate that eventually came to the rescue! Two Gnaws, two Bumblebees but alas, no Kickbacks. But still, awesome! My faith in Tassie retailers has been restored.

MayzaPrime
10th February 2017, 11:16 PM
Woo-hoo! I DID IT!! I finally got Gnaw!!!!....Times two!!!! *queue church choir* "Haaallelujah! Haaallelujah! Hall-e-lujah, hall-e-lujah, haa-aA-LUJAAAH!!!!
With BigW and Kmart Glenorchy, Newtown and Rosny letting me down for weeks it was Target Northgate that eventually came to the rescue! Two Gnaws, two Bumblebees but alas, no Kickbacks. But still, awesome! My faith in Tassie retailers has been restored.

Well done mate...

Samtron
11th February 2017, 06:40 PM
Well done mate...

Haha, cheers Mayza! I don't think I've been that excited to find something on a store shelf since, well, since I started collecting :D Now if I can just find Kickback...

MayzaPrime
11th February 2017, 06:49 PM
Haha, cheers Mayza! I don't think I've been that excited to find something on a store shelf since, well, since I started collecting :D Now if I can just find Kickback...

There are heaps in ACT, if you get desperate let me know and I will pick one up for you.

Mofojojo
26th February 2017, 01:18 PM
Just got sky shadow from myer Hobart..... 3 left. And 20% of today.... Was 89 got it for 71.

Gzzmos
8th March 2017, 03:57 AM
Devonport Kmart has 2 triggerhappys 1 hot rod
1 sentinel prime and 2 astrotrains.

Sutton
11th March 2017, 01:00 PM
Healthy amounts of TR wave 3 deluxes all through Launceston. There were plenty of the 'Gnaw' wave of legends too, but that's drying up after the Target sale.

Sky Shadow has showed up at Myer - a really nice looking bot in it's own right, but I've got no sentimental attachment to the character at all so $90 is a bit of a stretch.

Myer also had the G1 Coneheads on clearance for $140 (give me a yell when they hit $50 Myer k thnx)

Sutton
29th March 2017, 06:35 PM
Toyworld Launceston had Voyager Optimus with Diac, but no sign of Megatron from the same wave.

They also had Leader Skyshadow for $90.

Sutton
2nd May 2017, 02:43 PM
TLK Deluxes have shown up at Kmart Launceston, but nothing new anywhere else.

They also had those bizzare $40 one-step things with the horror-masks, whatever those are meant to be...

Ode to a Grasshopper
2nd May 2017, 09:35 PM
Don't bother with Burnie, they're still running down the old stock. Anyone after a CW Leader Starscream or Skywarp is in luck at Target though.

Sutton
12th May 2017, 10:54 AM
EB Games Launceston had a TR Voyager Megatron this morning.

Had.

Samtron
18th May 2017, 09:35 PM
Found RiD Soundwave and Blurr at BigW Eastlands today. Unfortunately the two Blurrs had some dodgy QC paint issues so only walked out with Soundwave but there's 1x Soundwave and 2x Blurrs left along with the full range (minus the voyager) of TLK stuff.

Ode to a Grasshopper
23rd May 2017, 04:23 PM
Burnie KMart and Target have a few of the simpler new Movie toys. Still a fair few Hot Rods/Twinfernos/Triggerhappys, and a handful of other size classes.
A few of the overpriced Premium Deluxes are out at Toyworld, $40 apiece.

Sutton
26th May 2017, 10:09 AM
Kmart Launceston has the Roadburn/Brawn wave in.

Samtron
26th May 2017, 10:35 AM

Oooh BABY gimme that Brawn! *vigorously rubs hands together in anticipation*

Ode to a Grasshopper
27th May 2017, 11:10 AM
Kmart Launceston has the Roadburn/Brawn wave in.Any new Titan Masters?

Sutton
27th May 2017, 05:22 PM
Any new Titan Masters?

Honestly haven't been keeping enough track of them to know if they were knew, TBH - they had Fangry and Ptero from memory, if that helps?

ZoonMaster5000
27th May 2017, 05:59 PM

were there many or just the usual 3 of each?

Ode to a Grasshopper
27th May 2017, 07:28 PM
Honestly haven't been keeping enough track of them to know if they were knew, TBH - they had Fangry and Ptero from memory, if that helps?Still Wave 3.:( Repugnus and Shuffler are Wave 4.
It's really only Shuffler I'm after, to go with Sawback.

Fangry and Repugnus look good as well, but I'd rather full-sized versions.

Sutton
30th May 2017, 11:01 AM
TLK Voyager Prime and Grimlock at Kmart.

That Optimus looks like he'll be fun to paint, has the same hyper-detailed molding that Bezerker and Barricade have. Nice to see Grimlock in something closer to the ****ing colours he should have had in the first place.

Samtron
30th May 2017, 11:55 AM
Sweeeet! After seeing a few YouTube reviews of Optimus I must say I'm rather chomping at the bit to grab him. Being in Hobart however I'll probably be waiting the next six months for him to make his way down south :P
Love Barricade and Berzerker (which is a real turn around from my previous "TLK line sucks!" Stance I took when product shots first started emerging) Don't know if I can bring myself to pick up Grimlock though. Same issue with Bumblebee and Slash, exact same mold, just different colors :P

Ode to a Grasshopper
31st May 2017, 06:37 PM
Voyager Last Knight Grimlocks (2-3x), 1x Last Knight Voyager Optimus, and Brawn/Roadburn (2x each, plus 4x Sharkticons left) at KMart Devonport. No new TR Deluxes/Voyagers/Leaders/Titan Masters.:(

2x each of the Voyager/Triple-changer Titans Return Megatrons and Optimus Primes if anyone's after them.

Also, the Woolworths around here still seem to have those Marvel disc things. I don't collect them myself but I read something about their being hard to find in certain areas. Hope that's useful to some of the Tassie crew here.

Ode to a Grasshopper
6th June 2017, 05:38 PM
Launceston:

KMart is almost cleared out, though there are a few new Movie Deluxes at $29 rather than the more common $40. It's almost all RiD (and not much of that) or Movie stuff. No sign of any TR Wave 4 stuff.

Target's not much better, though that's less because it's been pillaged and more because its TF section is tiny to begin with.

Myer is also pretty skimpy on the TF shelves, but has a few TR Legends-class figures, a handful of Deluxes, and 2 $350+ Fortress Maximuses if anyone wants one.

Toyworld has more stock but it's basically all ancient.

Goddammit Tasmania.

Sutton
17th June 2017, 10:41 AM
Goddammit Tasmania.

https://www.thelittletoycompany.com.au/

Just putting it out there. These guys are great, good prices and it posts fast.

I mean, I love finding new toys in actual shops, but once you get to wave 2-3 of a line and the shelves are clogged with figures, it's just an exercise in tedium. And factor in the time and petrol you spend on constantly checking shops, it even makes sense to sometimes pay a little extra online. And then you get places like littletoycompany that charge a fair bit below retail, and it becomes almost insane to keep hoping kmart/target etc will figure out how this works.

This week, I had Perceptor/Topspin/Quake etc, plus Broadside, delivered 3 days after I ordered - all figures that I have huge doubts will ever make it to Launnie in any decent numbers if at all.

Ode to a Grasshopper
17th June 2017, 11:33 AM
Didn't know about them, cheers. :)

TBH there's not all that much stuff out/coming out soon that I'm after. It's really more the difference after 5 years of living in a major city in Japan that's frustrating.

Mofojojo
19th June 2017, 05:08 PM
Big w rosny has titans return broadside

Ode to a Grasshopper
18th July 2017, 06:35 PM
Update on Burnie:

KMart - the usual. Anyone after a Premier Edition Dinobot Slash is in luck, plus one PE Bumblebee and Berserker. Plus there's 4-odd Sharkticons, one TR Triggerhappy, and one other TR Deluxe, Twinferno/Doublecross IIRC.
There's still one RiD Stormshot and G1-coloured Drift. Nothing noteworthy above Deluxe size=class - anyone in the North-West looking for Broadside should check Devonport.

Toyworld - Apart from the Movie Premiere Editions it might as well be called The Lost Toyworld given how ancient their TF stock is. If anyone wants a last-minute squadron of Sweeps then Toyworld Burnie is for you.

Target - Nothing new...except for TR Repugnus and Shuffler. After I went there there's 3 Repugnus and 2 Shufflers left.

Sutton
18th July 2017, 06:56 PM
Update on Burnie:

KMart - the usual. Anyone after a Premier Edition Dinobot Slash is in luck, plus one PE Bumblebee and Berserker. Plus there's 4-odd Sharkticons, one TR Triggerhappy, and one other TR Deluxe, Twinferno/Doublecross IIRC.
There's still one RiD Stormshot and G1-coloured Drift. Nothing noteworthy above Deluxe size=class - anyone in the North-West looking for Broadside should check Devonport.

Toyworld - Apart from the Movie Premiere Editions it might as well be called The Lost Toyworld given how ancient their TF stock is. If anyone wants a last-minute squadron of Sweeps then Toyworld Burnie is for you.

Target - Nothing new...except for TR Repugnus and Shuffler. After I went there there's 3 Repugnus and 2 Shufflers left.

Devonport Toyworld is more hilarious; there's still an Animated Voyager Bulkhead hiding on the shelves for $60, and they've got TR Sentinel Prime and Galvatron for $80. I swear their staff do it on purpose to make sure stuff doesn't sell, and they don't have to restock the shelves.

Ode to a Grasshopper
12th August 2017, 04:45 PM
Devonport is - as usual - a bust.

Toyworld has a clearance sale on, but none of the TFs I could see (which are still mostly on the ancient side) are on special.

Sutton
24th August 2017, 07:31 PM
Non-sighting: Launceston Kmart has almost literally nothing. They had one TF5 Berzerker, and that was it. I've never seen it that empty before :eek::confused:

Samtron
24th August 2017, 07:52 PM
Pretty much the same abysmal situation down south. K-Mart Newtown, nothing. BigW Glenorchy, basically nothing. I did find RiD Warrior class Thermidor, Twinferno (God awful figure) and Bludgeon at BigW Eastlands though so that's something at least :P

Samtron
26th August 2017, 05:46 PM
Found Titans Return Croc, Quake and Twin-Twist at K-mart Eastland's today.

Sutton
7th September 2017, 07:23 PM
Both Slugslinger and Twintwist/Misfire/Windblade waves (5 and 6) have arrived at Kmart Launceston, along with the next wave of TLK Legends.

They also restocked the Wave 1 Deluxes, because they flew off the shelves so fast first time around... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ode to a Grasshopper
12th September 2017, 04:59 PM
^^ Same scene at KMart Burnie/Target, though with some leftover Twinfernos/etc instead of the Wave 1 stuff. One Misfire and Windblade at KMart, one Twin Twist and Quake at Target, Kups and Perceptors at both. Plenty of Broadsides at KMart. No Twin Twists or Slugslingers to be found. Still some Shufflers and Repugnus at Target.

Plus there's what I think were some new RiD deluxes at KMart, if that blue Drift is part of a new wave. I didn't look too closely at the RiD stuff, sorry. There's definitely lots of the Menasor and Bumblebee combiner sets.

Samtron
22nd September 2017, 06:33 PM
Found TLK voyager Megatron and Hound plus TLK leader Megs and Optimus at K-mart Eastlands this arvo.

Samtron
30th October 2017, 03:45 PM
TLK Drift, Steelbane and Squeaks found at BigW Glenorchy (finally) 🙂

Sutton
18th November 2017, 01:43 PM
Stacks of TR Octane and Blitzwing at Kmart Launceston.

Samtron
18th November 2017, 05:39 PM
Stacks of TR Octane and Blitzwing at Kmart Launceston.

Awesome! I can't WAIT until they start appearing down Hobart way in 7 months time then :p

Ode to a Grasshopper
24th November 2017, 06:00 PM
One TR Blitzwing at KMart Devonport. Also looked to be some new RiD stuff - (looks up TFWiki) Activator Combiners I guess.
There could have been some new AoE Voyager/Leader figures too, I only had time for a quick look-see.

Ode to a Grasshopper
28th November 2017, 06:30 PM
Burnie - sweet bugger-all at Target as usual, nothing new at KMart.
I did see the first TR Quakes I've seen in the North-West at KMart though.

PaddlesPrime
22nd December 2017, 04:47 PM
Shearwater Reject Shop has the Bumblebee and Optimus Prime Fidget-Its.

Ode to a Grasshopper
4th January 2018, 07:06 PM
There are like 7 Legends-class Brawns - nothing but Brawns as far as non-Movie/non-RiD stuff goes - clearance-price peg-warming at KMart Devonport. No Bumblebees, no Chases, no Sharkticons, just a whole peg of Brawns. It's pretty funny.:D

The odd thing is, I would have thought Brawn would have been more popular than 'weird pink shark-thing guy' or 'robot grasshopper man' around here...the alt-mode is pretty outdoors-y and - if anyone actually remembers the old cartoon - 'strong-tough-sort-of-anti-intellectual-guy' seems like the sort of character that would appeal to people in this neck of the woods.

Sutton
4th January 2018, 07:18 PM
There are like 7 Legends-class Brawns - nothing but Brawns as far as non-Movie/non-RiD stuff goes - clearance-price peg-warming at KMart Devonport. No Bumblebees, no Chases, no Sharkticons, just a whole peg of Brawns. It's pretty funny.:D

The odd thing is, I would have thought Brawn would have been more popular than 'weird pink shark-thing guy' or 'robot grasshopper man' around here...the alt-mode is pretty outdoors-y and - if anyone actually remembers the old cartoon - 'strong-tough-sort-of-anti-intellectual-guy' seems like the sort of character that would appeal to people in this neck of the woods.

He even has a mullet of sorts.

Ode to a Grasshopper
24th January 2018, 06:14 PM
EB Games Launceston has a MPM Bumblebee for ~$150.

Apart from that, it's all the usual Overpriced Nothing-fest.
There are 2 Sharkticons at Myers if anyone is looking for more (and can get them to price-match less expensive places).

Sutton
3rd February 2018, 12:02 PM
POTP has surfaced at Launceston Toyworld -

Prime Masters, Scout, Deluxe and Leader, but no Voyager yet.

All prices were standard, except for the Deluxes which were $39, which made me vomit on their nice clean floor. It's genuinely confusing that they're up to $39, while Voyagers remain at $50 :confused::confused::confused:

Samtron
3rd February 2018, 12:34 PM
Good God, those prices! 😦 Anyone who pays that much for 5 grams of plastic and some screws aka 'the modern day deluxe' needs their head read.
I think I'll give it five months and grab my PotP stuff when they're on clearance 😅

Ode to a Grasshopper
9th February 2018, 04:52 PM
PotP at Burnie Toyworld. Prices horrible. Very little anywhere else.

Transformers PS2 games (Armada and the first Bayverse Movie one) at Collector's Corner btw.

Ode to a Grasshopper
1st March 2018, 05:22 PM
Burnie - PotP stuff at Target, plus 'clearance pricing' on the Movie Premiumwhatever deluxes - $27.
Sweet bugger-all at KMart.
Didn't check Toyworld.

Ode to a Grasshopper
29th March 2018, 03:17 PM
PotP Wave 1 at KMart Devonport. No Leader-class. Deluxes priced at $35. :(

$42 at Toyworld, which has the Leaders for the low low price of ~$105.:rolleyes:

Samtron
8th May 2018, 02:00 PM
Studio Series found at K-mart Eastland's today. Optimus, Starscream Ratchet, Stinger, Bumblebee, Crowbar :)

Sutton
18th May 2018, 12:17 PM
Hun-Grrrrrrrr and Elita-1 (must have been a bulk deal on hyphenated names) are at Launceston Kmart. Going by the online stock finder, there's a fair chance they're at Devonport too. This is remarkably fast for Tassie Kmarts based on the last year or so...

Studio Series has finally turned up at Kmart, Target and Myer Launceston too, waaaay behind the local Toyworld...just in time to sit on the shelves next to Barricade, Bezerker etc from TLK.

Ode to a Grasshopper
18th May 2018, 06:21 PM
^^^ Yup, Wave 2 Voyagers at KMart Devonport too.:) Plus what looks to be a restock of Wave 1 Deluxes.

The new Studio Series stuff has been here for a week or two, no Leaders though.

EDIT - forgot to mention, it looks like those 'Authentics' are in at Woolworths too.

Sutton
28th May 2018, 06:21 PM
Landmine and Submarauder were in Target Launceston - like everywhere else they wouldn't scan, so I got them considerably cheaper (Sunday CBF's by the store staff...)

Sutton
28th June 2018, 04:40 PM
Studio Series Voyager Brawl and Megatron in Toyworld Launceston and still on sale for $40 :D:D:D

1 of each less now, but still had 2 of each left.

Also seem to have restocked their leader figures, while the Wave 1 deluxes continue to keep the shelves cosy and warm.

SharkyMcShark
22nd July 2018, 03:02 PM
Eastlands K Mart had a whole bunch of POTP Infernos (5 ish?), and a couple of the Wave 3 legends as of yesterday at 2pm. I snagged an Outback to bring back to WA with me.

Sutton
25th August 2018, 03:56 PM
Plenty of Wave 3 Titanmasters at Kmart Launceston, minus 1 set.

Plenty of fake Infernos too, for anyone interested particularly lazy repaints, and still heaps of the last wave of POTP (Wave 1 according to Kmart) at the 'clearance' price of $29.

Samtron
26th September 2018, 02:24 PM
Came across Studio Series Jazz and Lockdown at Newtown Kmart this arvo. A good number of SS Ratchets, Bumblebees, Stingers and PotP Infernos too.

Sutton
27th September 2018, 12:38 PM
2 each of Jazz and Lockdown at Target Launceston CBD this morning.

Ode to a Grasshopper
29th September 2018, 03:37 PM
Some new Movie and PotP stuff at Toyworld Devonport - Blot and Cutthroat included.
Not much new at KMart unless you're into that new Cyberverse series (heaps of that), and looks like no PotP Deluxes at all.

Sutton
29th September 2018, 06:11 PM
Some new Movie and PotP stuff at Toyworld Devonport - Blot and Cutthroat included.
Not much new at KMart unless you're into that new Cyberverse series (heaps of that), and looks like no PotP Deluxes at all.

Were they $79.95 each? :p

Devonport's price gouging is legendary.

Ode to a Grasshopper
30th September 2018, 09:48 AM
Were they $79.95 each? :p

Devonport's price gouging is legendary.To be fair though, a lot of their stock are antiques... :D :rolleyes:

Sutton
30th September 2018, 10:54 AM
To be fair though, a lot of their stock are antiques... :D :rolleyes:

Last time I was there, they still had Animated Bulkhead and a DOTM Lazerbeak lol.

Sutton
7th October 2018, 03:19 PM
Spotted the Wave 3 POTP figures at Toyworld Launceston yesterday - $39 each, but there you go.

Sutton
9th October 2018, 04:53 PM
Spotted the VW Bumblebee, Shadow Raider and DOTM Ratchet at Target Mowbray - still a couple of each there after I grabbed what I 'needed'.

Sutton
12th December 2018, 09:13 AM
Kmart Launceston restocked Studio Series deluxes:

Both the Dropkick/KSI wave and the VW BB/Shadow Raider wave at the same time.

Samtron
13th December 2018, 07:30 PM
Checked out BigW Glenorchy and Eastlands today in the hope of scoring a bargain bin TLK voyager Scorn BUT, no cigar. Plenty of Slugs, Drifts, Squeaks and Steelbanes though.
Seriously, if any other Taswegians find Scorn, seriously, buy me one too. I'll pay you back plus postage 😁

Sutton
14th December 2018, 07:21 PM
Absolutely NO transformers at Big-W Launceston.

Because there still isn't a #@$%ing Big-W Launceston.

Ode to a Grasshopper
14th December 2018, 07:33 PM
Checked out BigW Glenorchy and Eastlands today in the hope of scoring a bargain bin TLK voyager Scorn BUT, no cigar. Plenty of Slugs, Drifts, Squeaks and Steelbanes though.
Seriously, if any other Taswegians find Scorn, seriously, buy me one too. I'll pay you back plus postage 😁Took a look in Devonport today, no Scorns sorry. :(

I did see a Leader Blackout, it looks pretty good so it's made my 'if I find it for cheap' list. Not at Devonport Toyworld prices though.:rolleyes:

Sutton
15th December 2018, 12:36 PM
Took a look in Devonport today, no Scorns sorry. :(

I did see a Leader Blackout, it looks pretty good so it's made my 'if I find it for cheap' list. Not at Devonport Toyworld prices though.:rolleyes:

Blackout should definitely be on your list. He's an ugly, kibbly bastard, hard to pose, and a little tricky to transform - but easily in my top 5 for this year.

Ode to a Grasshopper
4th January 2019, 05:40 PM
Better late than never I suppose...PotP Wave 2 Legends at KMart Devonport. A few Tailgates and 1x set of the Battletrap Duocons left as of ~4pm.
Also 2x Voyager Infernos, no Deluxes sadly so NW Taswegians are still 1 short of a full Terrorcons set or being able to complete the Dreadwing/Darkwing duo.

Also a Studio Series Berserker and Dropkick, and plenty of those Cyberverse awful-looking things.

Ode to a Grasshopper
16th January 2019, 04:26 PM
Still a few Wave 2 Legends at KMart Devonport, but no more Battleslashes.

Siege Wave 1 Deluxes and Battle Masters at ToyWorld - usual high Toyworld prices.

Sutton
16th January 2019, 06:54 PM
Still a few Wave 2 Legends at KMart Devonport, but no more Battleslashes.

Siege Wave 1 Deluxes and Battle Masters at ToyWorld - usual high Toyworld prices.

Yeah, but Devonport Toyworld prices can be REALLY high - what are we talking here??? :p

I remember them selling Titans Return Voyagers for $80 :D

Galvatran
17th January 2019, 12:08 AM
Yeah, but Devonport Toyworld prices can be REALLY high - what are we talking here??? :p

The Guinness World Record awaits... :D

Ode to a Grasshopper
17th January 2019, 09:04 AM

I remember them selling Titans Return Voyagers for $80 :DDeluxes $40, Battle Masters about $12 IIRC. Was a bit rushed and not really interested in the BMs.

SharkyMcShark
17th January 2019, 01:01 PM

I noticed that the Toyworld Hobart prices were significantly higher than their WA counterparts too.

Sutton
17th January 2019, 07:12 PM
Deluxes $40, Battle Masters about $12 IIRC. Was a bit rushed and not really interested in the BMs.

That's actually not too bad - probably in line with Launceston this time. Their POTP Deluxes were $40.

Sutton
19th January 2019, 02:32 PM
Launceston Toyworld had Siege Deluxes ($35) and Battlemasters ($11), no Voyager or Micromaster yet sadly. They're still quite full of the cheaper AOE stuff that can't be given away...

ZoonMaster5000
19th January 2019, 09:41 PM
Launceston Toyworld had Siege Deluxes ($35) and Battlemasters ($11), no Voyager or Micromaster yet sadly. They're still quite full of the cheaper AOE stuff that can't be given away...

I’m still waiting for the ooshies calendar to go on sale, I mean seriously Xmas was a month ago

Ode to a Grasshopper
23rd January 2019, 05:23 PM
Sell & Swap Bookshop in Fourways Devonport had a bunch of IDW TF comics in good shape today.

Sadly no Phantom #1375 'The Psychiatrist', which is what I was looking for so my best friend and I can scan the images and redo the dialogue so it's actually about a crazy guy in a purple bodysuit going to an actual psychiatrist... :D

Sutton
26th January 2019, 08:40 PM
Kmart Launceston has the SS Sideswipe/Barricade/WWII Bee wave in now, looked like 2 or 3 of each.

lambi
2nd February 2019, 10:21 AM
Siege Deluxes and leaders at Toys r us Hobart. I grabbed a Skytread

griffin
2nd February 2019, 07:15 PM
Siege Deluxes and leaders at Toys r us Hobart. I grabbed a Skytread

Toyworld?

Sutton
2nd February 2019, 07:39 PM
Toyworld?

Lol, we never got a Toys R Us at all - maybe if they'd cornered the huge Tassie market, we could have saved them :D

lambi
Toyworld?

Sorry, yes! Toyworld

Sutton
Siege Magnus and Shockwave spotted at Devonport Toyworld, $99 each.

Ode to a Grasshopper
8th February 2019, 05:23 PM
Studio Series deluxe Sideswipe, WW2 Bumblebee, and Barricade at Devonport KMart.

They sure are tiny aren't they?

Samtron
22nd February 2019, 05:45 PM
Found Potp deluxe Sludge, Snarl and Moonracer along with Siege Ultra Magnus and Shockwave at Hobart Toyworld today. Layby'd the only Sludge and Snarl on the shelf, don't know if they have anymore out back.