PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Hot Rodimus
7th January 2009, 09:56 AM
Hey everyone

Just signed up yesterday and thought I would introduce myself.

I have been a transformers fan ever since more than meets the eye was first aired in australia. As a kid TF was all I was ever really into..... and when Mum and Dad took me to the movies to watch the Animated movie I have to admit Primes passing teared me up lol

Over the years I had gotten in and out of the collecting game a bit so I do not have the biggest collection though I do have some items that are my pride and joys - G1 prime,Powermaster Prime, Rodimus prime, hotrod, Scorponok, tracks and grimlock. I only wish I didn't love some of my other transformers so much as they would still be around today lol (poor swoop!)

In the last week I have bought Classics Galvatron, Prime, Jetfire and all the animated dinobots.... I also bought voyager megatron but that baby is going back to the store and I think I will exchange it for Classics Sunstreeker and Sideswipe. I am stoked my wife realises I am a geek and helps me find all this stuff in the stores lol

Anyway its great to have a place to share my interests with like minded people and I look forward to getting to know you all and posting some more on here.

iceburn
7th January 2009, 10:12 AM
Welcome to the forum Hot Rodimus

I am stoked my wife realises I am a geek and helps me find all this stuff in the stores lol

At least your wife helps you....my fiancee just goes shopping for her own stuff. She only comments when i bring a TF item back to her and the common question would be: "You've got that already?" and i'll reply: "No..." (which could be a Yes but don't want her to find out) :D

dirge
7th January 2009, 10:15 AM
Welcome aboard. Glad your SO appreciates your hobby, too - that's always a great thing (:

GoktimusPrime
7th January 2009, 10:57 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/luckystar_boardwelcome.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz8laViiexc)

1orion2many
7th January 2009, 11:07 AM
:)Welcome to the board, you don't have to be insane to be here but it helps:D.

Wheel-J
7th January 2009, 11:17 AM
Mabuhay! Welcome to Ozformers! :D

Hot Rodimus
7th January 2009, 11:20 AM
Hey guys

Thanks for the welcome.

I wouldn't say that my wife appreciates the hobby but has come to accept it. It kinda helps that her brother is a collector of Batman stuff so she was a bit desensitised (sp?) to it to begin with. That and like a lot of women she loves to finds bargains so even though she might not be interested in the actual transformer she is stoked to find things on sale for me lol

good to meet you all!

jacksplatt11
7th January 2009, 12:46 PM
Hi

JuzMel
7th January 2009, 02:08 PM
"You've got that already?" and i'll reply: "No..." (which could be a Yes but don't want her to find out) :D
Wahahaha I'll tell her! :p

Anyway, welcome to the board Hot_Rodimus and I'm sure Griffin will be extra pleased with another Brissy fan... :)

Robzy
7th January 2009, 02:49 PM
Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong! :p

Paulbot
7th January 2009, 02:54 PM
Welcome

Hot Rodimus
7th January 2009, 03:10 PM
Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong!......oops I'm all out of energon goodies....

Yeah I have noticed that there aren't a lot of Brissy people here, hopefully that will change in time along with more events etc being held in Brissy.

Golden Phoenix
7th January 2009, 03:18 PM
Welcome. And enjoy your stay. Well at least try, things may get a little crazy around here

The_Damned
7th January 2009, 04:19 PM
welcome

Adzma
7th January 2009, 05:33 PM
Howdy, enjoy your time here.

Bartrim
7th January 2009, 05:52 PM
Welcome to Ozformers. Shame you didn't join up last year. You could of joined Griffin, Soundwarp and MV75 on their travels to the Gold Coast to meet me when I was on holidays up there. (Plus you would of got to see the amazing feat of Griffin eating 4 quad stackers:eek: Yes I saw it with my own eyes and still can't believe it)

GoktimusPrime
7th January 2009, 08:30 PM
Or followed griffin on his national tour and attended fan meets from coast to coast! :D Hehehe... griffin with roadies. :p

STL
7th January 2009, 10:48 PM
Welcome to our shores! You won't be leaving. :D

(Oh an why Hot Rodimus as opposed to Hot Rod?)

loophole
7th January 2009, 10:53 PM
Welcome Dude!!!

liegeprime
7th January 2009, 10:59 PM
Mabuhay, welcome to the boards! Glad to see a Brissy fan as there's quite a few only active on the board, hope to get a gander at your collection too. Cheers!

Trailer Park Ninja
7th January 2009, 11:04 PM
Welcome aboard!!!

Sam
7th January 2009, 11:06 PM
Welcome to the forum Hot Rodimus. :)

Hot Rodimus
8th January 2009, 09:15 AM
hmm I can't think of why I picked Hot Rodimus instead of Hot Rod, actually it was kinda stupid of me I suppose..... the only thing I can think of is that I was desperately after a classic Hot Rodimus......Though I did read something somewhere that he changed his name, is that accurate?

Bugger, well hopefully the next time there is a meet for us Queenslanders I'll be there.

My collection is not that impressive, especialy after I have seen some of the ones posted here!!! I only have around 50 or 60 transformers, most of them ones I held onto as a kid though I have been buying a few lately. Hoping to pick up classic Sunstreeker and Sidewipe today!

GoktimusPrime
8th January 2009, 10:32 AM
hmm I can't think of why I picked Hot Rodimus instead of Hot Rod, actually it was kinda stupid of me I suppose..... the only thing I can think of is that I was desperately after a classic Hot Rodimus......

Hot Rodimus is the Japanese name for Hot Rod. See here (2:38) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YMmm9DIISg), Convoy (Prime) calls Hot Rod "Rodimus." Rodimus Prime is called Rodimus Convoy in Japanese.

Though I did read something somewhere that he changed his name, is that accurate?
Yeah, at the end of the great Autobot-Decepticon war he renamed himself "Rodimus," then after the signing of the Pax-Cybertronia treatise he, like most Autobots and Decepticons, underwent the Maximal Upgrade and went into retirement from military service. Some 300 years later after the Maximals' fleet and government were wiped out by Unicron and shortly after Cybertron being conquered by Vehicons, Rodimus came out of retirement and formed an underground resistance called the Wreckers - named after the elite Autobot commando unit from G1.

"Wreck and Rule!"
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/wreckers.jpg
L-R: G1 Wreckers, Neo-G1 Wreckers, Beast Machines era Wreckers

Hot Rodimus
8th January 2009, 11:20 AM
Goktimus Prime, dude I am impressed with the detailed response mate. It was very informative... Did this transpire in the comics or other media? What issues would I have to track down? I havent got many comics actually, just a couple of trade paperbacks of UK reprints of comics I had as a kid...... Note to self after the figure buying frenzy is over buy comics!!!!:D

I was aware that in Japan he was called Rodimus and i found out that due to copyright reasons they had to change it from Hot Rod to Hot Rodimus.... not sure who owns the copyright on Hot Rod though.

Come to think of it the name is really because I wanted a Hot Rodimus figure and that was my initial intention in signing on here, wasn't really planning to become an active member but you guys have grown on me, incredibly fast too....kinda like fungus i spose:D

GoktimusPrime
8th January 2009, 02:29 PM
Goktimus Prime, dude I am impressed with the detailed response mate. It was very informative... Did this transpire in the comics or other media? What issues would I have to track down?
The main source would be the Transformers Universe (Featuring the Wreckers) comics but I also made references to Beast Wars, Beast Wars Neo and Beast Machines. One correction from my last post: Rodimus wasn't the founder of the BM-era Wreckers - they were formed during the Maximal Age (i.e.: after the Great War but before Beast Wars); Rodimus joined these Wreckers at a later time.

:)

Hot Rodimus
8th January 2009, 03:31 PM
thanks Goktimus!

GoktimusPrime
9th January 2009, 08:08 AM
Your welcome. :)

Tiby
20th January 2009, 08:01 PM
Welcome aboard!

k.wong23
22nd January 2009, 11:22 PM