PDA

View Full Version : A New Article On G1 Season 5.

Sky Shadow
7th January 2009, 12:29 PM
For Roller, Griffin and anyone else who's interested:

http://boltax.blogspot.com/2008/12/zobs-thoughts-on-transformers-g1-season.html

roller
7th January 2009, 12:39 PM
exellent find Skyshadow

its a very interesting article

and to think some people think there were only 4 seasons of G1 :rolleyes:

GoktimusPrime
7th January 2009, 05:47 PM
and to think some people think there were only 4 seasons of G1
That's because there effectively are only four real seasons of G1.

The episodes themselves were not new,

I remain a fan of the fifth season for the same reason I enjoyed Transformers: Generation 2 (another series which has been decried by fans): it granted me access to the original Transformers stories I grew up with and fell in love with, during a time when Transformers was ostensibly dead or dying.

I don't consider the Generation 2 cartoon to be a real series, but rather a variation of G1, and that's basically what season 5 is. I consider the G2 comics to be the real G2 because it actually gave us an original story as a sequel to G1 and also featured characters from the G2 toyline.

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/thumb/0/00/Megatrong2idiot.jpg/300px-Megatrong2idiot.jpg

Having said that, I would like to see the Season 5 opening and ending credits as well as all the bits with PM Prime and Tommy compiled as a DVD special feature. But I only consider them as "awesome" as the G2 Cybernet Space Cube, so I could easily live without it too. :p

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/thumb/e/ee/Cybernet_Spacecube.JPG/250px-Cybernet_Spacecube.JPG
"Before time began, there was the Cube. We know not where it comes from, only that it holds the power to rerun G1 episodes. That is how G2 was born."

heroic_decepticon
7th January 2009, 06:20 PM
nice read (fullstop).

roller
7th January 2009, 06:29 PM
Any new footage, no matter how small, and the way that season 5 is told shows that its a continuation of the G1 universe, thats why i consider it and the G2 Cartoon continuations

Lord_Zed
7th January 2009, 08:27 PM
Basicly this Season 5 article was written for Roller. :D

So which season do all those TF comercials with rap songs belong to?

GoktimusPrime
7th January 2009, 08:34 PM
Transformers Generation 2, keepin' it real (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzsLUlzaocw) :p ;)

Tommy K
7th January 2009, 10:35 PM
season 5? anyone seen any episodes?

GoktimusPrime
8th January 2009, 08:04 AM
Who cares? (other than roller) Like the G2 cartoon, they offer nothing new. :/

griffin
8th January 2009, 03:57 PM
Some people do care, either for nostalgia or for seeing something new from it.
As much as I don't rate it much above the Gen2 cartoon, I'd still, as a transfan, be interested in at least seeing these modded eps once.

heroic_decepticon
8th January 2009, 06:10 PM
As much as I don't rate it much above the Gen2 cartoon, I'd still, as a transfan, be interested in at least seeing these modded eps once.

you'd actually venture to sit through all of them? :p

griffin
9th January 2009, 01:48 AM
They're still classic TFs cartoon eps... so, yep. :D

GoktimusPrime
9th January 2009, 08:11 AM
I sat through and watched Masterforce dubbed in English, so compared to that I could easily watch Season 5. :) But I wouldn't pay money for it though. :p

1orion2many
9th January 2009, 09:17 AM
:rolleyes:Alright Roller I'll try and put you out of your misery by sifting through all my old tapes to find the ones you want to watch;).

heroic_decepticon
9th January 2009, 11:32 AM
I sat through and watched Masterforce dubbed in English, so compared to that I could easily watch Season 5. :) But I wouldn't pay money for it though. :p

I wateched that and Victory in English too. It was painful to say the least.

roller
9th January 2009, 12:32 PM
:rolleyes:Alright Roller I'll try and put you out of your misery by sifting through all my old tapes to find the ones you want to watch;).

thanks pa:D

Lord_Zed
9th January 2009, 01:08 PM

Wow! to both you and Griffin.

My devotion to TF's stops when it becomes migraine inducing.

Hell I can't even sit through one of the Armadverse series.

GoktimusPrime
9th January 2009, 05:46 PM
I watched it with Jhiaxus (co-admin of the Obscure TFs web site). We just laughed our butts off at the horrible dub the whole way through. There was just no way we could take it seriously. :p