PDA

View Full Version : Poster

Autocon
9th January 2009, 12:38 PM
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/2038/zz65f63ac2uq3.jpg

trailer coming out sooon!!!!!:D

1orion2many
9th January 2009, 12:41 PM
:rolleyes:Another big insect with red eyes:D.

Robzy
9th January 2009, 01:54 PM
Looks like they just stretched out the Decepticon logo and gave it red eyes!

springah
9th January 2009, 02:30 PM
boo, posted somewhere else..

but yeah, looks like starscreams head to me?

GoktimusPrime
9th January 2009, 07:19 PM
I believe springah is right - there's already a thread for TF2 posters here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=1770)

I do like how it resembles the Decepticon insignia as well as The Fallen. :)

griffin
10th January 2009, 01:01 AM
It's a new poster, so can have its own topic. We shouldn't expect people to search for old topics just in case there is some existing topic that has some relation to it. That other poster topic is six months old. I'd prefer not to have topics that have long since 'expired' to have a new post added to them and take it months out of order. It makes it very difficult to archive those topics if they are not where they originally were, temporally speaking.

springah
11th January 2009, 09:11 AM
good point griff.

and damn.. i was hoping the fallen wouldnt be in this movie.

Omega Supreme
11th January 2009, 10:20 AM
:rolleyes:Another big insect with red eyes:D.

Lol good call.

I do like how the poster doesnt give away anything.

griffin
11th January 2009, 02:48 PM
That's true, because non-fans would probably assume it is Megatron on the poster, and inflicting the 'revenge'.
And it could still be Megatron, and all this Fallen info is just part of Bay's campaign of mis-information...

Sky Shadow
11th January 2009, 03:10 PM
good point griff.

and damn.. i was hoping the fallen wouldnt be in this movie.

So you were hoping that The Fallen wouldn't be in Revenge Of The Fallen. :confused: Isn't that a bit like hoping The Transformers wouldn't be in the first film?

jacksplatt11
11th January 2009, 03:26 PM
Revenge of The Fallen doesn't necessarily mean the revenge of a character named "The Fallen"... It could simply mean the revenge of someone who had previously fallen in a battle or something similar, for example Megatron from the first movie... Although the recent plot details pretty much explained the title, if they are true

griffin
11th January 2009, 05:06 PM
That was what I thought as well - that Megatron was the 'one who had fallen', who was coming back to inflict revenge on all, not just the Autobots. It never occured to me that it referred to a character called 'The Fallen', and I think that ambiguety is what the movie people want, to surprise the general public, who would be assuming Megatron is the central element of TF2.

I also had an idea for a story which had Jazz be reanimated by Sector 7, as a bit of a rampaging zombie, inflicting revenge on everyone on behalf of Sector 7 (who were disbanded, so have scores to settle with everyone), but Jazz eventually ends up regaining his sentience and helps defeat Sector 7 once and for all.
Back in my early fan days, with heaps of spare time and enthusiasm for fanfics, I would have written that one up as a story, but now it'll probably just remain as a story idea... :(