PDA

View Full Version : February Qs to Hasbro (closes 25th Jan)

griffin
30th November 2008, 09:48 PM
February submission - 12 questions to Hasbro by the 1st February, so please post your questions by the 25th January (to give me enough time to sort and check out the best ones, and to converse with anyone who posted something that needs or could be reworded).

Make sure you read the 'Rules' posting before you post your questions.

The various questions that didn't make previous months will also be considered.

fatbot
26th December 2008, 02:02 PM
dunno if it's been asked or not, but are we getting any other targetmasters in the universe or 25th ann. line? or head / power masters?

GoktimusPrime
26th December 2008, 06:58 PM
...or breast masters. A Universe version of Lio Kaiser would totally sock my rocks off! Yeah ya heard me!

jacksplatt11
26th December 2008, 07:36 PM
...or breast masters. A Universe version of Lio Kaiser would totally sock my rocks off! Yeah ya heard me!

Ya, that would kick ass... I suppose there is a remote chance we could get one, seeing as they made Robot Heroes versions of the leaders from Victory, so Hasbro do show Japanese TFs some love, fingers crossed :D

reillyd
5th January 2009, 06:25 PM

Umm.... breast masters? Am I the only one who laughed hysterically reading that? I know I'm going to feel silly, but what is a breast master? It sounds way dirtier than head master!

fatbot
5th January 2009, 11:24 PM
my question, How does something this get past QC?

Sky Shadow
6th January 2009, 10:08 AM
Do Hasbro (or TakaraTomy) still have the moulds for Reflector and the three incarnations of Powerdasher? (Just about all the other Diaclone and Micro Change Transformers have been reissued, and these ones in particular are often missing from G1 collections because of their mail-order nature. A Reflector or Powerdasher set would be perfect.)

GoktimusPrime
6th January 2009, 11:37 AM
Umm.... breast masters? Am I the only one who laughed hysterically reading that? I know I'm going to feel silly, but what is a breast master? It sounds way dirtier than head master!
I've answered your question here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=73912#post73912). :)

swoop
6th January 2009, 04:06 PM
You should of left the dirty images running through his head

SilverDragon
9th January 2009, 12:35 PM
Why does Animated Swoop only have a cover over one of the bolts which connect his wings to his body?

Also, why does Animated Snarl have his club unpainted, yet has a painted club in the photo on the back of the box?

Autocon
11th January 2009, 03:18 PM
will hasbro be doing another premium line for the TF 2009 movie after we've spent all our money on the non premiums???

or will premiums be the first out?

roller
11th January 2009, 07:24 PM
will hasbro be doing another premium line for the TF 2009 movie after we've spent all our money on the non premiums???

or will premiums be the first out?

hahahahahahaha yessssssssss

I would have phrased it more like "Will there be 700 slight repaints for each character this time around?"

Why does everyone think im made of money, its glass people!!!

High_Q
11th January 2009, 07:49 PM
Is Hasbro planning to make a transformable toy out of the Henry Masterson Headmaster unit?

Sky Shadow
11th January 2009, 08:17 PM
Where can I get toys of those transformers???:p:D

Ah, I believe Breastforce came from the same country where you can get Transformers toys like this:

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/5/58/Marissafairebornkptoy.jpg

and this:

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/4/47/AI_PVC.jpg

:D

Golden Phoenix
11th January 2009, 08:37 PM
Ah, I believe Breastforce came from the same country where you can get Transformers toys like this:

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/5/58/Marissafairebornkptoy.jpg

and this:

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/4/47/AI_PVC.jpg

:D

Q:Will Hasbro be using those moulds to make figures?

roller
12th January 2009, 07:33 AM
Vaat is Hasbros stance on internet sites that show Transformer episodes for free? Not allowing them for downloads, just letting people watch them

Tetsuwan Convoy
13th January 2009, 08:16 PM
"Are any new dinobots being considered for Animated?"
(Proper Snarl and SLudge would be soooo cooool!).

I think this may hve been asked, but "Are there any plans to release Animated Omega Supreme as a Tfable toy?"

sifun
14th January 2009, 03:29 PM
Why doesn't hasbro leave the colour scheme work to Takara since they usually have colour schemes that the majority of collectors prefer?

roller
18th January 2009, 10:38 PM
Since Hasbro allow the comics industry to produce comics with characters/toys 20 yrs old and no longer on shelves, would it allow the tv industry to produce another tf tv show? Like a continuation of 'Robots in Disguise' for example or G1

Sky Shadow
19th January 2009, 07:16 AM
Since Hasbro allow the comics industry to produce comics with characters/toys 20 yrs old and no longer on shelves, would it allow the tv industry to produce another tf tv show? Like a continuation of 'Robots in Disguise' for example or G1

That's a unique and intriguing question, Roller - good one!

GoktimusPrime
19th January 2009, 09:05 AM
Why doesn't hasbro leave the colour scheme work to Takara since they usually have colour schemes that the majority of collectors prefer?
Apparently it's due to budgeting. Hasbro seem really tight with their R&D budget... despite the fact that we pay more for our TFs than people in Japan do for theirs. (-_-)

Budget. TF TV series are commissioned and funded by Hasbro (in order to market toys). For comics a publisher could simply purchase the licence from Hasbro and then make their comics (though they would still be subject to final approval from Hasbro). I know this because Hasbro explained it to me when I was organising Sabretron 2004.

I imagine that the same could apply for a TV show too, so the only way it could work would be for an animation studio to put their hands up to purchase the licensing rights and then self-fund the production of an animated series. I'm not sure how successful a TF cartoon would be if there wasn't a toy line to accompany it. You could get away with comics but I don't know if it could work with a cartoon. It'd work if you had someone like Steven Spielberg backing you up - in which case he even got Hasbro leaping in and engineering a toyline based on his movie! :p

It'd be so sweet if Production I.G. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGsgL39cpV0) ever decided to purchase the licence from TakaraTOMY and self-fund a TF animé. :)

Tommy K
19th January 2009, 12:42 PM
hey heres a question

will there be a tfa season 4 straight after season 3 (similar to what they did with season 1 and 2 of transformers animated)?

jaydisc
19th January 2009, 01:13 PM
despite the fact that we pay more for our TFs than people in Japan do for theirs. (-_-)

Deluxes in USA are $10. In equivalent currency, aren't they double that in Japan?

griffin
19th January 2009, 02:16 PM
That'd be interesting - what's the RRP in yen of deluxes in Japan, so then I can see what that equals in US$ and AU$ at the current exchange rates. I can only find online store prices, what would be the retail price?

GoktimusPrime
20th January 2009, 06:01 PM
Deluxes cost 2310JPY in Japan, which for a person being paid in JPY is the equivalent of $23.10. So yeah, that does make them dearer than the US and marginally cheaper than here (we pay about $27 for ours). Damnit... TFs are so cheap for Yanks... (-_-)

Demonac
20th January 2009, 10:13 PM
Deluxes cost 2310JPY in Japan, which for a person being paid in JPY is the equivalent of $23.10. So yeah, that does make them dearer than the US and marginally cheaper than here (we pay about $27 for ours). Damnit... TFs are so cheap for Yanks... (-_-)
In that case, it explains why Hasbro's toys lack those extra paint details.
Remember that in the States, Walmart tells Hasbro how much a toy is going to cost. So Hasbro then has to cut corners to make it profitable.

iceburn
20th January 2009, 10:38 PM
- Why is there a delay in the releases of the Universe and Animated figures that are released in the US in Dec that are not even out in any major retail stores here?

Gutsman Heavy
21st January 2009, 02:03 AM
Who is responsible for the JAAM plate on Universe Hot Shot? Can we send him/her cookies?

STL
21st January 2009, 10:47 PM
Who is responsible for the JAAM plate on Universe Hot Shot? Can we send him/her cookies?

You mean Energon cookies. :D

roller
24th January 2009, 10:04 PM
Any actors from the new movie or any voice actors like Peter Cullen coming to town any time soon?

GoktimusPrime
29th January 2009, 08:29 PM
I think that would be a Paramount decision, not Hasbro's. I guess we'll know for sure at the TF2 premiere - assuming that it'll be a big deal like the last one.

griffin
2nd February 2009, 01:54 AM
This month I'll only send in 5 questions, as we are still waiting on November and January submissions. If we keep sending them in faster than they can process them, they might stop the program completely.

1 - Any actors from the new movie or any voice actors like Peter Cullen coming to town any time soon?

2 - We were assured that there wouldn't be a repeat of supply problems of Christmas 2007, but we have seen a lack of stores restocking in the last 4-6 weeks, leaving us about 2 months behind Asia and America with Hasbro Transformers Product. Is this a Hasbro supply/import problem, or a retailer re-ordering problem (cutting back on inventory in the economic
downturn)?

3 - Is Masterpiece Grimlock going to be a store exclusive here, or a general release item?

4 - Does Hasbro receive much feedback (good or bad) about the toys (like why there are so many redecos of old molds)? And is it mostly from fans, or do you get feedback from non-fans as well?

5 - If Hasbro says that TakaraTomy are able to improve on the colour schemes of the toys afterwards, why not include them in the colour choice procedure beforehand, to produce more collectable product for consumers and collectors?

- - - - - -
Remaining questions I will send in March's submission (provided Hasbro catch up a little). If you don't like any rewording done to your question, please let me know.

Do Hasbro (or TakaraTomy) still have the moulds for Reflector and the three incarnations of Gen1 Powerdasher? (Just about all the other Diaclone and Micro Change Transformers have been reissued, and these ones in particular are often missing from G1 collections because of their mail-order nature. A Reflector or Powerdasher set would be perfect.)

With the Official Club's 'Timelines' re-release of the Seacons boxset, will we see any more G1 combiner teams being released by Hasbro? Perhaps a G2 Stunticon boxset?

Is there any reason why Animated Swoop's two wing hinges/rivets are on different sides of the wing, for each wing?

Is Hasbro planning to make a transformable toy out of the (Animated) Henry Masterson Headmaster unit?

Will season 3 and season 4 of Animated be released together (like Season 1 and 2), or are there no plans for a 4th season yet?

Who was responsible for the JAAM number-plate on Universe Hot Shot? Can we send him/her cookies? :)

- - - - -
Questions already answered, but can fill a month we are short on questions, to get an update.

Are we getting any other targetmasters in the universe or 25th ann. line? or head / power masters? Or breast masters. A Universe version of Lio Kaiser

Are any new dinobots being considered for Animated? A proper Snarl and SLudge would be soooo cooool!.

Will Animated Arcee finally give fans an accurate Generation 1 form
Are there any plans to release Animated Omega Supreme as a transformable toy?

- - - - -
Questions unlikely to get an answer / can be answered already.

How does something this get past QC? (TFU Prowl)
(they will have a 'standard public response' answer to this sort of thing, saying that it is unintentional or isolated occurance, or it shifted in transit, and assure their standards meet certain requirements, etc etc...)

Why does Animated Snarl have his club unpainted, yet has a painted club in the photo on the back of the box?
(packaging always has prototype/pre-production figures shown, which usually differ to the mass-produced toys in the packaging - absence of paint decos from the prototype is common, as a last minute cost cutting measure)

Since Hasbro allow the comics industry to produce comics with characters/toys 20 yrs old and no longer on shelves, would it allow the tv industry to produce another tf tv show? Like a continuation of 'Robots in Disguise' for example or G1.
(I would be guessing that the answer is 'yes', otherwise we wouldn't have the Gen1 characters being used in the comics. But it would be interesting if they would allow a third party to produce a 'new' cartoon. This will be considered for submission, but can wait for a quiet submission month)

Will Hasbro be doing another premium line for the TF 2009 movie?
(Movie questions can't be submitted. At least, not until after the movie)

What is Hasbro's stance on internet sites that show Transformer episodes for free? Not allowing them for downloads, just letting people watch them.
(Hasbro would take the same stance as any other property owner - they wouldn't be happy about it. But they did provide free viewing of many cartoon episodes on their main TFs website, so there would be no financial gain if they spent time and money chasing after other websites.)

NoenGaruth
2nd February 2009, 10:36 AM
This Question
"Will season 3 and season 4 of Animated be released together (like Season 1 and 2), or are there no plans for a 4th season yet?"

Is unlikely to get much of an answer due to the rumors that Animated is getting canned. If anything maybe try your luck and just replace the second part with "or is Animated not continuing after season 3?" Who knows they might actualy fill us in on what's happening.

griffin
2nd February 2009, 01:52 PM
I worded the question so that it not only asks if there will be a season 4 (what you are suggesting), but also asks when season 4 will be released, on the off chance it exists and they can tell us. If they can't answer the latter, we lose nothing because we still asked the former.
If the questions are worded creatively enough, we might be able to get more out of them in the answers.

GoktimusPrime
3rd February 2009, 12:04 PM
Is there any reason why Animated Swoop's two wing hinges/rivets are on different sides of the wing, for each wing?
Eric Siebernaler has already answered this question in an email that he sent to Hot Rodimus which was posted on the animated swoop thread:

There is an explanation for why the joints are screwed in from different sides of the wings on this toy. This is actually a very clever engineering system designed to minimize manufacturing errors. Explanation - Left and Right wings look pretty similar... Left and Right wing Joint pieces look very similar... In efforts to minimize confusion of “which parts go where?”, the screw setting has been designed to fit one way on the Left set, and another way on the Right set. This method makes it very difficult to Mix up opposite parts.

griffin
4th February 2009, 03:52 AM
Excellent. Thanks. I didn't follow that topic beyond the first few posts. At least that is one less question to submit.