PDA

View Full Version : Encore 16 - Combaticons/Bruticus.

griffin
10th January 2009, 05:20 AM
Looks like TakaraTomy are still keen to release big box-set Encore TFs after the apparent failure of Metroplex. According to Bigbadtoystore, the next Encore release after the cassettes, will be the original Combaticons as a 5-pack.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK10909&mode=retail

Expected release is June, which is right on the release of the movie, which could affect its sales if the movie toys are released in Japan at the same time. Hasbro at least plan to suspend their 'nostalgia' series (Universe) during the Movie period.

BBTS's price is US$95, but expect it to be about US$80 from more direct (asian) sources.

Omega Supreme
10th January 2009, 07:48 AM
This is great news, I have been hoping they would release a combiner set for some time now. G1 Combiner figures have been selling for crazy prices lately on the Aussie ebay, so this seems a good chance for those that dont have a Bruticus to get one without being extorted.

MV75
10th January 2009, 08:00 AM
I'm all over that. I'm just saddened it isn't a more obscure release that hadn't seen a reissued before such as menasor/defensor/computron, etc.

But heck yea, I want. Pity it's so far away, but at least it gives me time to get the other encores I'm missing. Plus the movie toys won't affect me on this one as I don't plan on getting any of those anyway.

And guys, Blastoff and the rest should be properly named in this set. :p

swoop
10th January 2009, 08:30 AM
I love the mold so I'll be getting it for sure, but I wish they had of released it in battle gaia's colours. Maybe ehobby will

Sky Shadow
10th January 2009, 08:48 AM
By Primus... (gasp)... they still have this mould? (No emoticon is sardonic enough to express my sarcasm.)

Wake me when they reissue the Protectobots. Or Terrorcons. Or Action Master Elite Turbo Master in Bruticus colours. Heck, even Action Master Elite Turbo Master in Turbo Master colours.

Hmm... actually that's the one Combaticon set I would buy - eHobby Bruticus in Turbo Master colours. Get to it TakaraTomy - start stocking up on lavender, lilac and pink plastic!

King Atlas
10th January 2009, 08:56 AM
Awesome. This will be my first encore. I still like the Valdigus version a little better, since I like how they modified the weapons to combine, but the combaticons members are my favourite combiner team. Did they skip encore #15?

MV75
10th January 2009, 09:18 AM
Encore 15 would be the cassette set.

Although I do wonder how nuts people would have gone over a devastator set instead..... Especially if the movie rumors about it are true, and there is a non-combining toy.

But I guess they are going with the mould they have readily available.

swoop
10th January 2009, 09:23 AM
By Primus... (gasp)... they still have this mould? (No emoticon is sardonic enough to express my sarcasm.)

Wake me when they reissue the Protectobots. Or Terrorcons. Or Action Master Elite Turbo Master in Bruticus colours. Heck, even Action Master Elite Turbo Master in Turbo Master colours.

Hmm... actually that's the one Combaticon set I would buy - eHobby Bruticus in Turbo Master colours. Get to it TakaraTomy - start stocking up on lavender, lilac and pink plastic!

Well takara and hasbro have been saying for years that they wont be reissuing the gestalt teams because they expected poor sales due to most of them having ko's. So their propably testing the water with this one and if does well they might relaese more of the combiner teams

Trailer Park Ninja
10th January 2009, 09:34 AM
Woo hoo!!! Fantastic news. I was pretty groggy from sleep when I saw this post in the morning and thought it might be a cruel joke or my eyes playing tricks on me.

I'm so loving the encore series and I hope this sells well for the sake of more combiner releases in the future.

Kyle
10th January 2009, 09:40 AM
This is exciting news! I didn't get this mould back in Car Robot/RID due to colour. Now finally in original (or new improvement of) G1 colour! Don't have to settle for getting a Universe Bruticus afterall... :D

Sky Shadow
10th January 2009, 09:44 AM
Well takara and hasbro have been saying for years that they wont be reissuing the gestalt teams because they expected poor sales due to most of them having ko's. So their propably testing the water with this one and if does well they might relaese more of the combiner teams

Perhaps. Although if that were really their motive then they would be better off releasing the Terrorcons anyway, since they're neither prone to knockoffs, nor has the Terrorcon mould already been used for official releases in 1986, 1992, 1993, 2000, 2003 and 2004.

Kyle
10th January 2009, 09:48 AM

Combaticons/Bruticus have also been KO'd numerous times in Asia... :o

kup
10th January 2009, 09:49 AM
I'm all over that. I'm just saddened it isn't a more obscure release that hadn't seen a reissued before such as menasor/defensor/computron, etc.

But heck yea, I want. Pity it's so far away, but at least it gives me time to get the other encores I'm missing. Plus the movie toys won't affect me on this one as I don't plan on getting any of those anyway.

And guys, Blastoff and the rest should be properly named in this set. :p

I agree. I have a complete vintage combaticon set in excellent condition so I would have preferred any of the other gestalts you mentioned.

However I will buy this set to support more combiner teams but the funny thing is that this mold is one of the most KOed of all!

I just hope they don't do Piranahcon for a very long time ;)

Adzma
10th January 2009, 09:52 AM
Sounds like a stupid excuse to me. "Oh well, rather than realize that people would want these toys legitimately, we know they want knock offs so we'll just loose money instead of making an official reissue." Anywho it sounds good to me. :) But Metroplex was a failure? Aww... :(

liegeprime
10th January 2009, 09:54 AM
Um Skyshadow, there was a KO terrorcon set released along with the rest of thos KO sets released years ago. But this one didnt have all 5, there 2 figures that they mixed with combiner parts from other teams, cant recall but Ive seen it in Phils before. Wonder if they still have the mold to make a Liokaiser encore:D or mebbe even for the smallest combiner yet - a MOnstructor encore set would be awesome ( not to mention would drag the ridiculous prices its parts are selling for). Just hope they change the gold plastic to something more sturdy.

Sky Shadow
10th January 2009, 10:03 AM
Um Skyshadow, there was a KO terrorcon set released along with the rest of thos KO sets released years ago. But this one didnt have all 5, there 2 figures that they mixed with combiner parts from other teams, cant recall but Ive seen it in Phils before.

Yeah, that's why I said they're not as "prone to knockoffs" - bits of the Terrorcons and Technobots might have been knocked off once or twice, but the Combaticons have had a ridiculous number of knockoffs plus at least six official releases. If HasTakTom want to claim that they don't want to reissue toys people are already likely to own in some form then the Combaticons are the last combiner team they should be rereleasing.

sifun
10th January 2009, 10:16 AM
preorder at bbts = 95USD.
How is that worth 95USD...
Even when they had Valdigus in Car robots it didn't retail for that much, i'm hoping its just BBTS with that price and not the actual retail RRP in japan

Trailer Park Ninja
10th January 2009, 10:39 AM
This is exciting news! I didn't get this mould back in Car Robot/RID due to colour. Now finally in original (or new improvement of) G1 colour! Don't have to settle for getting a Universe Bruticus afterall... :D

+1. So glad I passed up some many opportunities to purchase Universe Bruticus as I just didn't like it at all.

Does anyone know if the Encore series aim to re-release the TFC collection as well?

k.wong23
10th January 2009, 10:52 AM
Well looks like i'm putting my vintage Bruticus on ebay then :)

jaydisc
10th January 2009, 11:02 AM
Most wicked. I hope they have metal chests.

iceburn
10th January 2009, 11:18 AM
Finally a G1 Combiner that i've yet to acquire!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Horray for Encores!

GoktimusPrime
10th January 2009, 11:19 AM
"Oh well, rather than realize that people would want these toys legitimately, we know they want knock offs so we'll just loose money instead of making an official reissue."
But they would arguably lose more money from doing reissues that don't sell, like Ginrai, Metroplex etc. Shelfwarmers (dead stock) is bad for business. (-_-)

I hope they have metal chests.
Ya know... they probably will be metal, like reissue Predaking. Even though I have all the G1 Combaticons, I'm tempted to get this set because they'll probably be metal and also to support TakaraTOMY with their larger size reissues.

Pipesqueak
10th January 2009, 11:41 AM
I'm a bit torn because I have a nice g1 bruticus, but the thought of an absolutely mint set may well prove too tempting to resist...

MV75
10th January 2009, 11:45 AM
Um Skyshadow, there was a KO terrorcon set released along with the rest of thos KO sets released years ago. But this one didnt have all 5, there 2 figures that they mixed with combiner parts from other teams, cant recall but Ive seen it in Phils before. Wonder if they still have the mold to make a Liokaiser encore:D or mebbe even for the smallest combiner yet - a MOnstructor encore set would be awesome ( not to mention would drag the ridiculous prices its parts are selling for). Just hope they change the gold plastic to something more sturdy.

http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TRKOD-010&lang=us&CatID=1_31

Looks all there to me. ;)

But yea, I'm all for this set still, the only combaticons I have is the g2 set. I want the g1 version because of the colours. :)

sideswipes brother
10th January 2009, 12:02 PM
Very happy with this one. One of the better combiner molds IMO.

Adzma
10th January 2009, 12:31 PM
But they would arguably lose more money from doing reissues that don't sell, like Ginrai, Metroplex etc. Shelfwarmers (dead stock) is bad for business. (-_-)
Well maybe so, but if they say that they wish fans wouldn't buy KOs, they should provide a better alternative. Using the Dinobots (again, I know :p) they sell like crazy because it's the only way to get hold of them, unless you pay for an original, but then again it's hard to reissue something that doesn't have a mould. My point is, I just wish they would help collectors with the problem rather than ask us to stay away from it.

swoop
10th January 2009, 12:37 PM
Perhaps. Although if that were really their motive then they would be better off releasing the Terrorcons anyway, since they're neither prone to knockoffs, nor has the Terrorcon mould already been used for official releases in 1986, 1992, 1993, 2000, 2003 and 2004.

but we don't know what kinda shape the molds are in for the other combiners. It might not be worth it to them financially to repair them if this one doesn't sell well. We know the combaticons mold is in good shape because like you said it has been used 6 times.

jacksplatt11
10th January 2009, 01:57 PM
Cool, always wanted the Combaticons but never got around to buying them, now I can have a brand new set :D

Arrr, and to think I was gonna try and spend less this year :(

autobreadticon
10th January 2009, 02:05 PM
bigger than slice bread...

Gutsman Heavy
10th January 2009, 02:12 PM
happy happy joy joy

gamblor916
10th January 2009, 02:14 PM
I was about to pick up a vintage set last year. Now I can have a minty fresh set instead :)

Robzy
10th January 2009, 02:56 PM
Awesome news!!! :eek:

This Encore line is wicked!!! :o

Kyle
10th January 2009, 03:45 PM
I hope these will have new tampo printings~ :D

Bartrim
10th January 2009, 03:51 PM
Hooray for Encores:D

Zippo
10th January 2009, 04:01 PM
Good news. While I have a perfectly minty Valdigus set and this mold is one of the most KO'ed molds out there, its great to get an offical reissue. Can't wait to see how they handle the box.

jaydisc
10th January 2009, 04:30 PM
I hope these will have new tampo printings~ :D

What does that mean?

doubleclouder
10th January 2009, 05:53 PM
good and bad news for me.
I got the vintage bructicus for slightly less than 200 Sing bucks.
Man, the value will skydive for vintage for awhile
i guess i will have 2 displays on my shelves, g1 vintage vs encore!

iceburn
10th January 2009, 06:01 PM
doubleclouder...there is sure to be a slight difference between the original G1 and encore version, value will dip slightly but not much.

MV75
10th January 2009, 06:04 PM
Yea, as they've proven so far, the encore version will be more awesome than the original!

Opps, sorry. :D

dirge
10th January 2009, 06:18 PM
As swoop said, this one's a tester. This mould wont cost a whole lot to produce - save for the metal chests (and Brawl's treads), which we're likely to see. Before restoring Defensor, Devastator, Liokaiser, etc they're doing the easy one first.

I don't especially need the set, but I may grab it to support the idea. Well, that and I'd like a metal chested Swindle (:

liegeprime
10th January 2009, 06:49 PM
http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TRKOD-010&lang=us&CatID=1_31
Looks all there to me. ;)

oH that version (carded) wasnt the one I saw, way back when, It was boxed like them KO constructicons and aerialbots. It had I think some members (2) of Technobots with it. It didn't have blot and cutthroat methinks. Anyways Im still hoping for Monstructor and Liokaiser set :D

Erm and jay I think Kyle meant the Sigils hopefully would be tampoed on instead of just stickers, like the seekers. :)

Hereticpoo
10th January 2009, 07:36 PM
OMFG :D OMFG :D OMFG :D

Thats so *expletive deleted* AWEsome!

BTW what's a Action Master Elite Turbo Master?

liegeprime
10th January 2009, 07:43 PM
BTW what's a Action Master Elite Turbo Master?

Its an Actionmaster figure that transforms - usually released AFAIK in Europe mainly, around 1991. Its overall look is based on Bruticus. It transforms into a double gyro bomber copter. Its like Double punch who is based on Black Zarak, an actionmaster which transforms ( unlike the other early Actionmasters which have partners that transform instead) in a two tailed scorpion. Both comes in shocking bright colors - magenta, pink

Kyle
11th January 2009, 02:17 AM
What does that mean?

Erm and jay I think Kyle meant the Sigils hopefully would be tampoed on instead of just stickers, like the seekers. :)

Exactly as liegeprime said. :p

orionpax1
11th January 2009, 10:17 AM
Awesome, was going to buy an original but will now be getting the encore one instead.....man loving this encore range keep bringing it i say.

roller
11th January 2009, 12:45 PM
how do y'all think they will alter this to the orginal?

STL
12th January 2009, 02:28 AM
Awesome news. I have them already but am very excited about owning a very displayable set of these.

GoktimusPrime
12th January 2009, 09:53 AM
Ja. I have all the Combaticons, but I'm missing Bruticus' head, chest and feet - I'm using Ruination's instead. :p Once I get Encore Bruticus I can display one set as Bruticus and the other as separate Combaticons - and I can return Ruination's parts to my CR/RiD Combaticons and form Ruinadigus (Ruination + Valdigus) :p :D

i_amtrunks
12th January 2009, 10:49 AM
I only managed to get the desert camo Ruination version from Universe, and would love an set in original colours.

I do wonder what the mold degradation for these figures would be considering just how many re-issues and variants that have been released over the past 25 years.

Hopefully it sells well (even though it is the easiest gestalt to have a version of) so that TakaraTomy might do other gestalt sets (come on Menasor!)

GoktimusPrime
12th January 2009, 11:49 AM
I'm willing to buy every gestalt reissue from Takara to support that cause in hopes that they'll reissue Lio Kaiser! :) Well okay, maybe not reissues of gestalts that they've already reissued (Landcross, Predaking, Sixturbo, Sixliner, Sixtrain - but I would get a proper SixWing reissue!)... but other than that I'd buy them all! :D

kup
12th January 2009, 12:06 PM
I'm willing to buy every gestalt reissue from Takara to support that cause in hopes that they'll reissue Lio Kaiser! :) Well okay, maybe not reissues of gestalts that they've already reissued (Landcross, Predaking, Sixturbo, Sixliner, Sixtrain - but I would get a proper SixWing reissue!)... but other than that I'd buy them all! :D

I want a Computron and a Defensor, perhaps a Menasor too as mine have missing accessories.

My Constructicon set only has a Devastator fist missing (I am using a KO fist as a place holder at the moment) but I would too buy a possible reissue to support more gestalts.

Hot Rodimus
12th January 2009, 01:22 PM
Hmm I think I will be hoping to get one of these too as I also do not like Universe Bruticus or current ebay prices.

doubleclouder
13th January 2009, 03:35 AM
the next combiner (if any) will either be devestator or superion. Both have been reissued many times in other toy series.

but i guess this year, given the bad economy, will see better encores from takaratomy, why? if every encore is bad, no one will buy! hahahaha

Autocon
13th January 2009, 10:53 PM
anyone from perth doing a group order?

k.wong23
14th January 2009, 07:16 PM
the next combiner (if any) will either be devestator or superion. Both have been reissued many times in other toy series.

but i guess this year, given the bad economy, will see better encores from takaratomy, why? if every encore is bad, no one will buy! hahahaha

I had no clue both had been re-issued?:confused:

GoktimusPrime
15th January 2009, 07:51 AM

I had no clue both had been re-issued?
Not true reissues, the Constructicons were released again in 1992 in yellow without the ability to form Devastator and in G2 in yellow and orange variants. The Superion mould was used again for G2 as well - but these aren't reissues.

The Aerialbots were reissued in 1990/91 under the Classic series. That was it. The Constructicons have never been reissued.