PDA

View Full Version : I'm stumped on what to nab next...

Adzma
28th January 2008, 09:35 AM
Well, I'm currently waiting on an Encore Megatron which should be arriving sometime within the week, but other than that I'm stumped for ideas on what I should get next. Since my collection's not too large I think it's safe to list what I have. Maybe some of you guys can pick a pattern and recommend something for me. :)

20th Anniversary Prime (Damaged, will replace eventually)
Masterpiece Skywarp
Masterpiece Starscream
Encore Megatron (On the way, as you know)
Encore Soundwave
G1 Rumble reissue (KO, don't know if I can get a genuine replacement)
G1 Ravage reissue (KO, don't know if I can get a genuine replacement)
Alternators Sunstreaker
Alternators Rollbar
Alternators Rodimus
Beast Wars Optimal Optimus
Beast Wars Optimus Primal (My oldest toy, got him in 1996. Missing a cannon cover and can't find a replacement to fix it :()
RiD Optimus Prime (Damaged and missing a few parts)
Armada Galvatron
Titanium Rodimus
Titanium Thundercracker

I was thinking maybe something from Binaltech but I've heard some of them have paint chipping issues. I'm not really into Classics, although I might pick up a few of Takara's, but any suggestions are greatly appreciated :).

liegeprime
28th January 2008, 09:42 AM
Ummm since youve got the big pieces anyhoo....

Alt/ Bin Shockwave/ Laserwave
Masterpiece Megatron (of course this has to be bought thru local means to avoid "any mishaps")
Alt Nemesis Prime

dirge
28th January 2008, 10:03 AM
The paint chipping is only a realy significant factor on Smokescreen and Yellow Tracks.

My suggestion is buy what you _want_ to buy, and not let someone else suggest something you don't want.

Maybe give us a list of toys you're considering?

TheDirtyDigger
28th January 2008, 10:07 AM
My suggestion is buy what you _want_ to buy

Yeah. Look around. See something you like. Jump on it.:)

Adzma
28th January 2008, 10:32 AM
Ummm since youve got the big pieces anyhoo....

Alt/ Bin Shockwave/ Laserwave
Masterpiece Megatron (of course this has to be bought thru local means to avoid "any mishaps")
Alt Nemesis Prime
Well concerning Megs I'm still deciding whether to bite the bullet and buy one now, or wait and see if there is going to be an MP Prime/Megs combo, cause then I cause solve 2 problems in one go.

The paint chipping is only a realy significant factor on Smokescreen and Yellow Tracks.

My suggestion is buy what you _want_ to buy, and not let someone else suggest something you don't want.

Maybe give us a list of toys you're considering?
Well specifically for BT I was looking for Jazz/Meister, but he seems to be very scarce and very popular which sort of propells him out of my desired price range. I might consider a Blue Tracks (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230217294468) since he's very show accurate. A BT Streak would also make me happy. In fact, it's easy enough to say for the Alts/BTs that I aim for show accuracy, except Rollbar, I was just after a cheap Jeep. Other than that I'm open to suggestions from other lines out there and beyond.

dirge
28th January 2008, 10:42 AM
I would recommend blue BT Tracks and BT Streak. They're both wonderful toys, with Tracks edging Streak out IMO.

Adzma
28th January 2008, 11:09 AM
Would you say that eBay Tracks I found is a good price? This is another problem I have with BTs, I'm not sure what a reasonable cost is.

dirge
28th January 2008, 11:17 AM
That's a decent price on the secondary market. I paid about $75 for retail plus postage. So $104 shipped is decent when you're feeding a dealer's kids.

GoktimusPrime
28th January 2008, 12:08 PM
I might consider a Blue Tracks since he's very show accurate. A BT Streak would also make me happy. In fact, it's easy enough to say for the Alts/BTs that I aim for show accuracy, except Rollbar, I was just after a cheap Jeep.
Show-likeness from a line that never had a show! ;D At least BT had a series of text-stories... Alternators were totally shafted in terms of Hasbro never providing them with any sort of continuity! :p

My favourite BT story would have to be Ravage. (:

Adzma
28th January 2008, 12:35 PM
Show-likeness from a line that never had a show! ;D At least BT had a series of text-stories...
Whoops. :p Yeah I mean G1 show-likeness, silly me. ;)

iceburn
28th January 2008, 07:44 PM
nice lots of starters Adzma!...keep it up :D

Adzma
29th January 2008, 08:48 AM
Well, I decided not to purchase that Blue Tracks because it'd been removed from the box and transformed several times. Call me picky but I always like to buy sealed Transformers, they don't have to be in a mint box, but I like to think I'm the only who has transformed them. Instead I'm hoping to win this Bluestreak (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160201315315) auction. Wish me luck :).

EDIT: I lost in the last 10 seconds. :( Still, I didn't expect to win anyway, there are a lot of crazy people out there.

Tober
29th January 2008, 05:31 PM
Well if you want my advice...

I agree with the others who suggested BT Laserwave/Alt Shockblast - My second fave behind BT Streak/Alt Silverstreak. BT Streak, Laserwave and KP Hot Rodimus are always on display on my shelf.

Ikana has BT Laserwave for $79 and Alt Silverstreak for $59. Both include shipping. Imo there is very little difference between the Streaks, a mild difference between the Shockwaves.

http://www.ikana.com.au/catalog.php?category=Takara%20(Japan)
http://www.ikana.com.au/catalog.php?category=Hasbro%20(USA)

The only thing to be aware of is that the RX8 mold is basically a refined version of the WRC so they do have very similar transformations.

Adzma
29th January 2008, 08:44 PM
I'm really after a BT for Bluestreak, don't know about Shockwave... it's too hard to decide. :p Now I'm finding that I'm leaning more towards MP-5. The Megs they're selling on TransfigureToys (http://www.transfiguretoys.com//index.php?main_page=product_collectable_info&cPath=62_98&products_id=1189) has free shipping but he's still $200. It's so hard to choose! It's just a shame I can't risk importing from over seas cause as we all know, he's much cheaper that way. Maybe I'll have to sleep on it, as well as get some more feedback from you guys on the matter.