PDA

View Full Version : db error

blackie
11th January 2009, 11:26 PM
hey griffin, i get a db error whenever i try and check my pm's or view a user profile. id p you but yeah... i cant :P

TF76
11th January 2009, 11:30 PM
I had it too just befor and last night.

thanks

griffin
12th January 2009, 12:08 AM
I'll see if some of the cleanup maintanance 'things' (couldn't think of the word :p ) can fix this.

Kyle
18th January 2009, 10:06 PM
I had the same problem just then. :(

griffin
18th January 2009, 10:13 PM
Yes, there seemed to be a board-wide 'crash' just then, which even affected me. It would have been server related, since nothing worked, including access to non-board pages at otca.com.au.
At least it was only a couple minutes.

blackie
18th January 2009, 10:14 PM
ive been getting random ones over the past few days, and then after about 5 min its works again....strange

Kyle
18th January 2009, 10:16 PM
Yes, there seemed to be a board-wide 'crash' just then, which even affected me. It would have been server related, since nothing worked, including access to non-board pages at otca.com.au.
At least it was only a couple minutes.

Glad it's be back to normal now. :)

Golden Phoenix
18th January 2009, 11:45 PM
ive been getting random ones over the past few days, and then after about 5 min its works again....strange

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/jimmey-11/other/spr_4d_132.png

Just had one right now....

blackie
18th January 2009, 11:46 PM
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/jimmey-11/other/spr_4d_132.png

Just had one right now....

as did i

jacksplatt11
18th January 2009, 11:53 PM
Yeah, server playing up I guess.. Frequently too

Golden Phoenix
19th January 2009, 12:00 AM
Yeah, server playing up I guess.. Frequently too

The server should quit playing games and get back to work! :p

blackie
19th January 2009, 12:05 AM
more to the point someone should smack the server and get it back into line

griffin
19th January 2009, 12:08 AM
Problem is, it's not just the board, it's the entire domain/server. More reason to relocate to a new, more reliable, host soon.

liegeprime
19th January 2009, 08:56 AM
Hmmm ive been getting that crash server too , I just end up visiting the old site which features december last, last year's Acquisitions and another topic, everything else is gone heheheh:D:D. Just to get my fix, as it was frustrating (read: withdrawal symptoms) not to be able to get into the forum heheheh and this was around 11pm last couple of days

Kyle
19th January 2009, 09:06 AM
Hmmm ive been getting that crash server too , I just end up visiting the old site which features december last, last year's Acquisitions and another topic, everything else is gone heheheh:D:D. Just to get my fix, as it was frustrating (read: withdrawal symptoms) not to be able to get into the forum heheheh and this was around 11pm last couple of days

Time travel... :p

Reminds me of the two separate "dimensions" last time... :D

liegeprime
19th January 2009, 09:11 AM
Time travel... :p

Reminds me of the two separate "dimensions" last time... :D

well if we do leave this host site, this will be another "limbo" then there will be 3 dimensions. Hope we dont transfer 52 times coz then, Wow - Crisis on Multiple Ozformers!!:D:D one for 52 versions of earths.

Kyle
19th January 2009, 09:26 AM
well if we do leave this host site, this will be another "limbo" then there will be 3 dimensions. Hope we dont transfer 52 times coz then, Wow - Crisis on Multiple Ozformers!!:D:D one for 52 versions of earths.

We'll have another Dead Universe where a dark mod reigns supreme... :p

liegeprime
19th January 2009, 09:54 AM
We'll have another Dead Universe where a dark mod reigns supreme... :p
oooh Dark Griffin or Nemesis Griffin heheheh

Sky Shadow
19th January 2009, 10:17 PM
It just happened again - at pretty much the same time it happened yesterday: just after 10pm. Hmm...

Golden Phoenix
19th January 2009, 11:37 PM

That'd be annoying. Then we'd have to retcon all our origins and back stories

STL
19th January 2009, 11:49 PM
This was happening to me last week when I was last on and just now as well so it looks like the problems still going on

griffin
20th January 2009, 01:45 AM
There are some scheduled upgrades to be done in the next day or two, but if it is a server-host issue, I may not be able to resolve it without relocating the whole domain (which I had planned to do in the first three months of this year anyway, before Toyfair).

STL
20th January 2009, 11:40 PM
Just recovered from another one and wanted to note that one of my posts which I didn't think went thru actually did. However, when I look for it, it didn't come up as a new post and I only saw it when I clicked onto the thread's last page. THe post was this one:

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=77288&postcount=25

Paulbot
20th January 2009, 11:41 PM
I've seen two outages tonight :(

Kyle
20th January 2009, 11:43 PM
I sent a PM to STL and another to roller. Don't know if they managed to receive them through the db errors. :/

blackie
20th January 2009, 11:47 PM
yep 2 outages for me too :(

roller
20th January 2009, 11:48 PM
once again the board stuffs up when i need to log on urgently :mad:;)

if we are upgrading soon, i need to know sooner then most, i wanna be member no. 6 or 3

i like some numbers :)

iceburn
21st January 2009, 12:11 AM
facing a number of db error awhile ago too.
i'm trying to go to Social Groups section:

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/group.php

but nothing is happening. has that been removed?

Golden Phoenix
21st January 2009, 12:23 AM
facing a number of db error awhile ago too.
i'm trying to go to Social Groups section:

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/group.php

but nothing is happening. has that been removed?

same here.

Robzy
21st January 2009, 01:25 AM
Yeah, I had a few problems tonight too!

Stompy
21st January 2009, 02:10 AM
Encountered the outage earlier tonight. Was trying to post a reply to a topic and thought it didn't go thru, but it went in twice so I had to delete the second one.

1orion2many
21st January 2009, 11:03 AM
I've been getting this a lot lately ICAP Error (icap_error) has anyone else had this of late? It may just be my work causing problems as they are always adding new programs as well:rolleyes:.

Robzy
22nd January 2009, 09:56 AM
I'm having a few problems with *some* posts either disappearing or not going through at all. :(

It's not every post... only some!

blackie
22nd January 2009, 11:03 AM
I'm having a few problems with *some* posts either disappearing or not going through at all. :(

It's not every post... only some!

i get that too
and then they come back later....
weird

STL
22nd January 2009, 04:43 PM
+1. Posts that don't get through and I repost then it doesn't seem to again. Then I leave it and start up another browser, make the same post and it appears once. However, hours later I find there are multiples of the same post when originally it looked like only 1 got thru

iceburn
22nd January 2009, 04:55 PM
STL, you aren't trying to up your post count are you... :D

STL
22nd January 2009, 04:57 PM
STL, you aren't trying to up your post count are you... :D

I'm a multiples man! Multiple TFs, multiple talents, multiple posts!

Gutsman Heavy
23rd January 2009, 03:55 AM
Anyone having rouble with PM? they don't seem to be sending and they don't appear in my sent log :(

griffin
23rd January 2009, 02:26 PM
I actually noticed this yesterday (which should make roller happy, since he was the one complaining about it before), the messages don't automatically go to the sent folder now - the box that used to be ticked automatically before, is now unticked by default. As such, it won't show up in your sent messages folder if you don't tick the box now.

Lint
23rd January 2009, 03:35 PM
Oh snap, I just resent a couple of PMs to members thinking I had forgotten to hit send. I'll have to be wary of this in future.

griffin
23rd January 2009, 03:58 PM
There is an option for a 'read receipt' below the message box if you want to make sure it was received.

Hereticpoo
10th February 2009, 06:38 PM
Are Pm's working ATM? Im not getting my 'sent items' updated when i do a new message....soz if I sent you a message twice today...:)

Could a mod plz check for me.....thanks :)

Hereticpoo
10th February 2009, 06:44 PM
Ignore my last, I'm a dork. :o

jaydisc
10th February 2009, 06:46 PM
Actually, I noticed this as well. It seems to have changed. Somewhere around January 19th.

I can't find an option to reactivate it. Do I have to tick the checkbox each time I send a messagE?

jaydisc
10th February 2009, 06:48 PM
Ignore my last, I'm a dork. :o

Same here.

griffin
11th February 2009, 01:57 AM
I think it is one of those things half would be in favour of it and half would be against it, so I've just left it as the new default. If there isn't something in the Control Panel to change that individually, if it can be changed, it would be all or none. Either way, it will upset some...

STL
11th February 2009, 11:11 AM
Yep, I' m on the other side. I generally only click where I need to keep the original msg which isn't very often

jaydisc
11th February 2009, 12:32 PM
I think it is one of those things half would be in favour of it and half would be against it, so I've just left it as the new default. If there isn't something in the Control Panel to change that individually, if it can be changed, it would be all or none. Either way, it will upset some...

Seems to me it's a lot easier for those who don't want them to delete them than it is for those who do want them to be powerless.

griffin
11th February 2009, 01:41 PM
I looked around for about an hour, but can't see any settings for automatic recording of sent messages. I might have to look at editting the actual phrase coding to see if that can work.

As for Social Groups - I can't understand why it isn't working. I may have to reinstall some of the files, as all the settings are telling me that they should be accessable.

jaydisc
11th February 2009, 02:13 PM
Thanks for trying :)