PDA

View Full Version : Meet and Greet

LordCyrusOmega
13th January 2009, 02:59 PM
Hey all,

Just thought i'd drop down an intro otherwise i probably never will.

I'm 26 years olds and work as a chef in a nice small hotel that only caters to room service. Its not bad but i guess at the end of the day its still work.

I'm not sure when i got my first tf or what it was for that matter. However i picked up the odd Beast wars and amarda over the years until thew ENERGON line was released and i hated it. However a short time later i'd collected nearly all of them. and ever since i've been collecting non stop. at the moment the flavour of the month is G1 so i'm madly trying to track them all down.

Apart from that i spend what little time i have not working playing video games, watching movies and generally trying to recuperate.

Can't really think of anything else just now but any questions feel free to ask

Omega Supreme
13th January 2009, 03:03 PM
Welcome to the forum.

1orion2many
13th January 2009, 03:05 PM
Welcome to the board.:)

iceburn
13th January 2009, 03:13 PM
another Omega in the house!!! welcome LordCryusOmega

Paulbot
13th January 2009, 03:18 PM
Welcome.

Hot Rodimus
13th January 2009, 03:32 PM
Welcome to the board mate.

k.wong23
13th January 2009, 03:43 PM
Welcome buddy, what type of food do you guys make? (fingerfood? :D)

dirge
13th January 2009, 04:30 PM
We never seem to have enough Wollongongianites here... so a warm welcome!

JuzMel
13th January 2009, 04:58 PM
Apart from that i spend what little time i have not working playing video games, watching movies and generally trying to recuperate.

Hehehe... me too... I have a DS, PSP and xbox 360 (which the BF hogs most of the time)... :D Welcome to the board anyway!

heroic_decepticon
13th January 2009, 05:57 PM
at the moment the flavour of the month is G1 so i'm madly trying to track them all down.

*bash* G1 can't be the flavour of the month because it is the spice of life :D

welcome, welcome!

loophole
13th January 2009, 06:45 PM
Welcome Aboard!!

Robzy
13th January 2009, 08:07 PM
Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong! :p

Wheel-J
13th January 2009, 08:09 PM
Mabuhay! Welcome to Ozformers! :)

valkyrie_76
13th January 2009, 08:32 PM
Welcome to the 'insanity' of collecting G1 :D

GoktimusPrime
13th January 2009, 09:49 PM
As opposed to the mundaneness of being a non-collector (or as I call them, "mundaners")! ;) :D

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/wb1.jpg

i_amtrunks
13th January 2009, 10:06 PM
Welcome!

We seem to be adding anew member every 50Km or so down the coast! :p

liegeprime
13th January 2009, 10:23 PM
Mabuhay! Welcome to Ozformers! Enjoy the forum and hope to see your collection pics! Its not how big or small the collection is but how much it is loved!

Sam
13th January 2009, 10:42 PM
Welcome to the forum. :)

Bartrim
14th January 2009, 03:19 PM
Welcome!

We seem to be adding anew member every 50Km or so down the coast! :p

With myself in Ulladulla and the_damned in Batemans Bay we just need someone in Nowra to join and we can connect the dots :p

Oh BTW welcome to Ozformers:D

roller
17th January 2009, 09:43 AM
Can't really think of anything else just now but any questions feel free to ask

Can you make creme' brulee'? Or the fabled Cheese on toast?

GoktimusPrime
17th January 2009, 10:54 AM
Better question: What is your favourite colour?

Btw Crème brûlée means "burnt cream" in French - and I've seen French speakers just rofl themselves silly when they see that word as it really appears NOT appetising at all. The origin of this term comes from an English translation of a French cookbook and other sources claim that it originated from Britain - which seems more likely to me. If it did come from France there's no way they would give it a name as ridiculous as "burnt cream" (as logical as it may sound it's just not appealing to a Francophone ear). ;)

Tiby
20th January 2009, 07:54 PM
A special welcome from another Illawarrior! Great to finally see someone from down this way join up!

LordCyrusOmega
2nd June 2011, 12:13 PM
Better question: What is your favourite colour?

Btw Crème brûlée means "burnt cream" in French - and I've seen French speakers just rofl themselves silly when they see that word as it really appears NOT appetising at all. The origin of this term comes from an English translation of a French cookbook and other sources claim that it originated from Britain - which seems more likely to me. If it did come from France there's no way they would give it a name as ridiculous as "burnt cream" (as logical as it may sound it's just not appealing to a Francophone ear). ;)

Was just taking a trip down memory lane and had to comment on this Gok.
It's like Chicken Caccitorie (that is not spelled right but I think you know what I mean) Caccitorie means hunter in Italian so Chicken Cacitorie translates as 'Chicken Hunter' yummy

Bartrim
2nd June 2011, 12:35 PM
Was just taking a trip down memory lane and had to comment on this Gok.
It's like Chicken Caccitorie (that is not spelled right but I think you know what I mean) Caccitorie means hunter in Italian so Chicken Cacitorie translates as 'Chicken Hunter' yummy

I know that one. When I used to work for my Dad on his tuna boat he would get excited when the moon was "red" (I used " because I don't think it's really a red colour that the moon turns). The old Italians used to call it Da Luna Caccitorie or something like that. Basically it translates to "The Hunter's Moon" as the red means blood.

I used LOL at my dad so much. I've never seen someone who can be such a realist and practically minded person be so superstitious:D

GoktimusPrime
2nd June 2011, 08:17 PM
"Cacciatore." It's called that because it's prepared "alla cacciatore" (hunter style).

I used LOL at my dad so much. I've never seen someone who can be such a realist and practically minded person be so suspicious:D
Yeah... I can't really comment on this without violating the board restriction on discussing religion... so... umm... yeah...

Mmm... hunted chicken fresh...
http://th30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/davemarkowitz/th_drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

Prowl
2nd June 2011, 10:35 PM
Welcome to the boards. A great place to soak up some knowledge & communicate with fellow travellers

Deceptic_Optic
5th July 2011, 02:19 AM
http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz231/Deceptic_Optics_2010/08add66a.jpg