PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Crossover Captain America Gallery.

griffin
14th January 2009, 01:52 PM
Nice set of photos on an asian board that has been 'acquiring' a lot of unreleased toys lately.
http://888.175long.cn/fz/news_show_2.asp?info_id=1704

Still hoping to we keep getting these locally, because they usually get priced close to Deluxe price here, like the Star Wars ones, but they are actually 50% more at US$ retail (deluxes are US$10, Crossovers are US$15). Which makes them cheaper here than importing with the current exchange rate.

Stompy
14th January 2009, 04:39 PM
All the subsequent new figures from the crossover range have sufferred from the vehicles looking ridiculous to honour the Marvel character. It's just hard to believe a hummer that is half red and blue. But it is a license that needs to be honoured and it looks quite interesting, conversion wise, from the looks of the robot modes.

GoktimusPrime
15th January 2009, 07:46 AM
Wow, the robot looks really nice - I particularly like how the head actually looks like a Transformer head and Captain America at the same time! One problem I have with many SWTFs is that their heads just don't look like TFs. But yeah, as Stompy said the colours just don't work in the vehicle mode. :/

Golden Phoenix
15th January 2009, 11:57 AM
Looks good in Robot mode. Not as good in vehicle, due to the colours. Still wanting to grab him though...Although I think it will be a long time till we see him here, we haven't even seen wave 2 yet >.<

Zippo
15th January 2009, 05:49 PM
I have to echo the colours not working in alt mode. However it certinally looks quite good and seems to a a nice remold from the Wolverine toy.

Gutsman Heavy
15th January 2009, 05:54 PM
its not a remold AFAIK

jacksplatt11
15th January 2009, 05:55 PM
Head looks ugly, I haven't bought any Marvel TFs yet and this definitely won't change that

griffin
16th January 2009, 02:46 AM
its not a remold AFAIK

It's definitely not a remould, which is why that gallery has some pics at the end of the two next to each other. I had the misleading impression that it was probably a remould, when I first saw CA revealed, but this gallery confirmed it for me that it is a new mould. Just look at the upper arms - Captain America has wheels on the outsid of his upper arms, while Wolverine has doors, with his front wheels on the sides of his chest. And CA has doors on his legs, while Wolverine doesn't.
The pair look to have very similar transformations, especially with the legs, chest and the arms coming from the sides of the vehicle mode, but the moulding is completely different between the pair.

Zippo
16th January 2009, 05:24 PM
I stand corrected.